[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've finished the anime some time ago and I was thinking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 6

File: Shaman-King.jpg (120KB, 700x466px) Image search: [Google]
Shaman-King.jpg
120KB, 700x466px
I've finished the anime some time ago and I was thinking about reading the manga. A lot of people here seemed to dislike the ending, so putting that aside, is it worth reading?
>>
Nope
>>
File: Hao did nothing wrong.png (452KB, 2047x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Hao did nothing wrong.png
452KB, 2047x1500px
>>159201519
would you mind giving me some reasons please?
>>
File: Shaman King v4-187.jpg (55KB, 275x398px) Image search: [Google]
Shaman King v4-187.jpg
55KB, 275x398px
>>159201740
there's a lot

off the top of my head, the wholly static cast and setting from the start of the tournament to the end which is like 20 volumes of the same crap, the fights are boring and defenders of the series will probably say they're not the draw and praise the ending where they can only convince hao and not beat the shit out of him it doesnt excuse the dozens and dozens of boring action scenes for a battle manga, the pacing is also really slow but thats what happens when you introduce your whole cast a third of the way in

oversouls are gay
i keep bitching about the cast and thats because all of them are boring as hell and dont do anything interesting, the central protagonists are all imma do what yoh says even if they disagree at points and have their own quirks and the central antagonists are all literally just hao worshippers who have no personality except for how they look until near the end where a few of them start changing their minds

to me the high point is when hao attacks a golem shaman using the spirit of fire while they're in the golem so its like hes cooking a jew in an oven
>>
File: Tao_Jun.jpg (173KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Tao_Jun.jpg
173KB, 640x480px
>>159202233
>to me the high point is when hao attacks a golem shaman using the spirit of fire while they're in the golem so its like hes cooking a jew in an oven
I must admit that sounds like fun, but the rest doesn't. Thanks, I really don't want a manga with shitty pacing since I already dropped one today because of it.
>>
File: Shaman King v2-074.jpg (47KB, 240x348px) Image search: [Google]
Shaman King v2-074.jpg
47KB, 240x348px
>>159202398
its only fun if you squint for it

i was also looking the whole time to see if there were any patch characters drinking anything so i could photoshop their cup or glass with a bottle of mouthwash
there was no such panel

you should probably get some more opinions though, i really don't like it but people do because its different from a lot of other jump series
mainly in that a whole bunch of nothing happens but it is different
>>
File: mankin protein.png (357KB, 640x482px) Image search: [Google]
mankin protein.png
357KB, 640x482px
>>159202681
well at the end of the day I guess I'll have to read it a bit myself to come to a conclusion, so I might give it a try
>>
is better than the anime, but I read it a lot of time ago and >>159202233 is probably rigth.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.