[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So if Ed already used a philosopher stone to get out of gluttonys

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: fma37-30.jpg (101KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
fma37-30.jpg
101KB, 1600x900px
So if Ed already used a philosopher stone to get out of gluttonys gate once why was it so bad for him to use one to bring al back, or to bring his leg back or just any of it? What the fuck?
>>
That was before he knew what it was
>>
>>159098172
Muh promise
>>
File: fma26-26.jpg (83KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
fma26-26.jpg
83KB, 1280x720px
>>159098195

No it was not, he even has dialogue with envy knowing it was a stone and that he was going to use souls of others.

>>159098202

But he just broke it by using the stone anyway.
>>
>>159098172

Because you are not supposed to remember that
>>
>>159098172

He pretty much had no choice I guess. It isn't as selfish to save yourself so that you can save others in the long run. Using souls to get your body back when you fucked yourself up in the first place is more selfish.
>>
>>159098558

That is like the woman in charge of peta who took drugs that used animal testing to be made on the position that she needed them to fight for animals, while also saying no one should ever take said drugs.

You can not just use it for certain small things and then not use it for other equally small ones, it just does not work like that
>>
>>159098172
I think using the stone like Mustang did to get his vision back was the right choice and Ed not using it was done only to create drama because it's fucking stupid
That said, I would have probably kept the mechanical arm and leg because they look fucking cool and are probably useful as fuck
I never understood why Ed didn't stuff Al full of ammo to carry around and use his arm, or just transfigure Al's body into a gun
Actually Ed could have been much more creative with Al's body, and should have been more creative with his own as well
>>
>>159098699
>transfigure
I'm an idiot, I meant transmute
Seriously though, Ed can just use Al's body as power armor
>>
>>159098699
Less mobility if Al carried so much ammo
Plus he was afraid of fucking the circle that binds Al's soul up
>>
>>159098800
Then change his composition
Make his body into titanium that is significantly lighter and more resistant than steel
If I were Ed I would have spent a huge amount of time with Winry trying to optimize Al's metal body
Maybe he could have even found a way to make him fly
As long at the 2 or 3 sqaure inches where the seal that kept the soul connected to the armor aren't touched everything is fine
Imagine changing Al's body and making it into a titanium/carbon fiber hybrid, draw a few transmutation circles on it and teach Al how to use it so he can change it himself and Al is suddenly unstoppable
>>
>>159098172
It was done out of desperation, and it only costed one soul, whom he saw was suffering under the yoke of being part of Envy's body. He even apologized. Prior to that, both Ed and Edward were horrified by the thought of the Philosopher Stone and promised never to use it to get their bodies back using that method, so I guess you can say that is a "loophole" to their promise as Ed used a soul to get him, Ling, and Envy out of Gluttony's stomach.

Ed and Alphonse didn't seem to have a problem with anyone else using the stone for their own purpose, and even suggested having Dr. Marcoh and his stone fix Havoc to Mustang
>>
>>159100354

So... they are retarded

Because like envy said any other soul in a philosipher stone is no longer a person and is simply energy, they have lost their memories and everything else
>>
>>159100721
Except that isn't the truth because Hoenheim said he made friends with the other souls
>>
>>159098172
IIRC Al used a philosopher stone while fighting Kimbley and Pride, so I think they're already over with not wanting to use the stone by that point.

I think in the end Ed said he'd rather keep his metal leg as a reminder of his fuckup rather than restoring it back.
>>
>>159100872

That was the direct result of him making sure to befriend each soul in him and keep them holding on to their consciousness, it was a massive ordeal he put himself through

For anyone else with a stone the souls are no longer conscious of their own memories aside from the time father made humans specifically with their old memories inside them
>>
>>159101044

Yeah but he could have used a stone to bring back al, instead he sacrificed his alchemy completely

They are both just really bad characters, good anime though
>>
>>159098172
Because using it to get out of the Gluttony gate was an act that benefited everyone in the world, as they were the only ones capable a dealing with the homunculi.
While restoring their bodies was something for solely their own personal gain. They understand that it is their own fault they lost their bodies and were not going to use other's souls to pay for it.
>>
>>159101374
>doesn't behave like homo economicus
>bad character
You missed how some of the main themes of the show were "accepting your mistakes and moving on" and "doing what you said you were going to", right?
>>
>>159098172
He was extremely reluctant to use it and as >>159100354 said he apologized to the one soul.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.