[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anime encourage you to travel to other Japan and try out

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: look.com.ua-28815.jpg (1MB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
look.com.ua-28815.jpg
1MB, 2560x1600px
Does anime encourage you to travel to other Japan and try out their culture? Not just going to Akiba.

But anime always made me want to visit shrines and those summer festivals. Also made me want to try on a yukata
>>
>>158928781
No, Japan is for nerds.
>>
>>158928781
Yes and tells me its for the best that I dont. Japan for the Japanese.
>>
japanese fantasy has little to do with what japan is actually like. in fact, it often lies in stark contrast, particularly when it comes to interpersonal interaction. I have little desire to ever visit such a socially conformist, xenophobic, and concrete-covered nation. there is nothing to do there for a foreigner other than tourist-oriented stuff.

if you're secure in who and what you are, the only reason to travel is to relax. maybe someday I'll go chill out in a traditional style home if I can afford a lease, but you can learn anything you'd want to from their culture from a distance.
>>
I want to go to an onsen and peep at girls
>>
>>158928781
Yes. I've already been to Japan thrice. Though in all three times, I found out that anime culture is barely visible outside of Akihabara, and the regular Japanese person on the street usually isn't a fan of anime at all.
>>
I live in Japan.

I wouldn't recommend it if you like anime. You're going to find more people that like anime in your home culture, and they'll likely 1) know more about anime, 2) watch it more often, and 3) have better taste than their average Japanese-counterpart, even if you think their taste is shit.

t. - someone who's lived in Japan for several years now
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.