[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

EVA attempted to have characters who would the best self-insertion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: 1498175858010.jpg (2MB, 2751x1086px) Image search: [Google]
1498175858010.jpg
2MB, 2751x1086px
EVA attempted to have characters who would the best self-insertion characters for otakus and losers that went further back than dating sims, and more retard than a person obsessed with 2D fictional characters or retarded passion between retarded otakus and 2D fictional characters. coupled with themes that went shallower than "X violent tsundere heroine is going to physically and pisologically abuse the Y Beta harem MC with offenses, punches and kicks''. -all under the ruse of actually being the shallow versions of those elements which it was attempting to subvert. This is not to say that shows didn't have childlike themes, stupid kids, or generic robot designs before EVA, but EVA was trying to do it all differently; using cancer and generic tropes present in other genres as ground-work to be built upon and/or subverted (depending on who we're talking about), and building a world that goes stupid and generic, which is never actually shown in the show, but alluded to senseless and repetitive violence from a generic violent tsundere heroine against a generic beta harem MC. Carcinogenic factors and stupid phenomena occasioned by EVA ended up restricting the development of the mecha genre in 1990s. But whether or not you think it's overrated (what forever it was) or godlike (which it forever was), it's influence is unmistakable: every anime studio everywhere trying to be generic and stupid using generic stereotyped characters, high school students, Drama high school, academy, waifushits, tsunderes, kuuderes, beta harem MC, waifufag pandering, and other cancer to get the public evafag late, which generally worked enough to spread cancer and destruction destruction more than 20 years because people only Dumber than production executives is the general public.
>>
>>158884316

Why dont newfags ever realize their opinions are shit
>>
>>158884316
LEARN HOW TO FUCKING FORMAT FAGGOT, I DON'T GIVE A SHIT IF IT'S A REDDIT MEME FUCK YOU.
>>
>>158884707
>>158884567
Why are evafags so autistic?
>>
>>158884316
This is so monumentally retarded that it has to be real.
>>
>>158884834
They got nothing else these days.
>>
Hey OP can I save that pic?
>>
>>158884316
Eva is just a battle harem disguised as Mecha, what did you expect?
>>
it sold more copies than any individual series and completely revolutionized the medium. anime television series might still be almost entirely child-oriented had eva not happened. and this is just the objective stuff.

subjectively, your opinion is garbage and you are completely ignorant of the mecha genre if you think EVA harmed it. I'm not going to spoonfeed you to demonstrate, though. series from 97-01 alone shit all over your rant.
>>
>>158887529
This shitposting is an impressive display of autism.
As I would expect from a newbie mechafag.
>>
>>158884316
>do a series where literally everything is done good
>people start copying you en masse
>OP : lol ur generic as shit!
>>
>>158887529
>if you think EVA harmed it.
Terrible, unlikable waifus became the norm
>>
nice pasta
>>
>>158887529
Eva sold waifu dolls, cups, and everything under the sun, in order to make its designated profit.
Eva was a show for 14 year olds, not adults.
>>
Why do people keep trying to push their opninions on others
You're so insecure about them you need to be sure that everyone aknowledge them ?
>>
While Gundam seems goofy now, it's very in-touch with the vision of western futurists in the 1970s. Evas are handwaved as something something dead mom.

I'd say the big shift is from marketable mecha (show sells kits and toys) to marketable characters (show sells waifu crap).
>>
>what did Eva change about anime?
Making more Beta faggots MCs
A shiton of Rei clones
>>
File: 545465.jpg (13KB, 304x166px) Image search: [Google]
545465.jpg
13KB, 304x166px
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.