[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm buying somebody some berserk graphic novels as a gift.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: berserk_griffith4[1].jpg (85KB, 500x395px) Image search: [Google]
berserk_griffith4[1].jpg
85KB, 500x395px
I'm buying somebody some berserk graphic novels as a gift. They've seen all the animes that exist, up to this point, but never really read it

knowing that, are there any volumes that are particularly respected, knowing they might want to jump around some and probbaly arent going to read the entire run? Kind of a "best of berserk" so to speak
>>
Why don't you just give them the first few volumes? Why do people think that /a/ is an advice board for every little stupid question?
>>
>>158840654
why post if you didn't read the question and didn't provide a helpful answer

why would i give the first volumes to someone who's arleady seen them in 3 different forms
>>
>>158840602
give them the lost children arc
thatll fix em good
>>
>>158840730
This is good.
>>
>>158840730
This. Get 14, 15 and 16.
>>
>>158840730
>>158840794
>>158840832
thats actually probably the best idea i guess.

is there a good volume that involves fighting that giant indian god type dude? ive never read that far myself. just wondering about favorites
>>
>>158840932
>late MF
>comparing with most glorious loli slice
>>
Tell them to read it from the beginning or don't bother at all. What the fuck? Do you skip entries in a normal novel series?
>>
>>158841096
manga isn't novels and 99.99% of good novels don't come in series.
>>
>>158840713
The first several volumes (black swordsman arc) have never been adapted. If your friend isn't going to read it from the beginning, they shouldn't bother. The anime (97 series, movies, and new shit coming out now) all skip a ton of material from Berserk.
>>
>>158841945
>manga isn't novels
Yes, but manga still have a narrative that continues from beginning to end. If you are skipping around it doesn't make sense. This is retarded.
>>
File: 1468035449251.png (40KB, 456x570px) Image search: [Google]
1468035449251.png
40KB, 456x570px
>>158840602
>graphic novels
>animes
>>
>>158842103
CUSCU.jpg
>>
>>158842000
You must have literal brain damage.
That's like saying you should just read the last novel of the Sea of Fertility and skip the first 3 books because it's the best and you've already watched the garbage live action adaptation of Spring Snow.
Go and stay go.
>>
>>158842288
You must have brain damage, or very poor reading comprehension, because my post is telling him to read Berserk from the beginning. Maybe you meant to reply to someone else.
>>
>>158840713
I read your question and I didn't give a helpful answer because your question is stupid. It doesn't matter if they saw all the "animes" that exist because all of them excise or re-arrange content. Although considering you state in >>158840932 that you haven't even read past a certain point, I can tell that you're just an idiot who doesn't know what he's talking about.

>>158841945
Irrelevant. The principle is the same. Skipping content is stupid because of the reasons I stated above. If you're just going to skip content, just go read a wikipedia summary. Why even post if you didn't understand his remark or offer a good counter-argument? Honestly just have your friend read after the eclipse or something. You didn't need to make a thread for this but people can't do anything for themselves.
>>
buy the latest 4 and spoil it for him
>>
>>158841096
>>158842000
>>158842070
>>158843476

this, its a great story that is best consumed as a whole. jumping around between arcs is a horrible idea because its all of the small references that make it great. it cheapens the story.

this isnt some sitcom dogshit. either have the patience to read through all of it or just dont read it.

>>158840602
also i would greatly appreciate it if you would go fuck yourself with a cactus for even suggesting this.
>>
>>158841945
>99.99% of good novels don't come in series.
In Search of Lost Time

I know it pretty much is the only one, I just wanted to prove you wrong
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.