[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You can tell this company loves anime very much. How come they

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: 1483782102811.jpg (29KB, 405x295px) Image search: [Google]
1483782102811.jpg
29KB, 405x295px
You can tell this company loves anime very much. How come they haven't won any prizes yet? They're like the best studio out there.
>>
>>158758756
They may be old
They may "love" anime
But they are mediocre as fuck
>>
>>158759589
I think most of the stuff they put effort into is just stuff that /a/ mostly would never care about.

They released a feature film on BD a few weeks ago called Pop in Q that has been mentioned here all of twice in its history and will probably never get subtitled. The recent Precure film looked great too but 95% of people will never give a fuck about that in the west or on /a/.

Just the hipster favourites like Kyousougiga and Mononoke are all that matter and otherwise garbage.
>>
>>158761151
Kyousougiga took 4 tries and still ended up censored.

Mononoke is budget-tier of the worst kind. It would've unironically worked better as live-action.
>>
>>158761187
I was expressing the opinion of people in the west or on /a/ in the last line. Westerners generally either see Toei as destroying the nostalgic favourites or they like their occasional hipster series but generally think they are shit.

Hardly anyone is watching the effort and skill going into things like Pop in Q. That said hardly anyone even watched that in Japan.
>>
>>158758756
>You can tell this company loves anime very much
Yeah, that QUALITY and budgeting really lets you feel the love.
>>
>>158761254
>westerners
You're just trying to divide people arbitraryly here aren't you?

>Hardly anyone is watching the effort and skill going into things like Pop in Q
Because it isn't subbed yet. And from premise alone, it seems extremely commercial.

>>158761306
Why did they whitewash everyone again? Though that's not a blu-ray take so it doesn't count.
>>
>>158761351
>You're just trying to divide people arbitraryly here aren't you?
No not at all. The western anime fanbase doesn't tend to have any kind of interest in shows aimed at young girls outside a specific small group of fans or a few shows from the past like Sailor Moon. Things like Precure are hugely underrepresented in the western fanbase for the size of franchise.

>Because it isn't subbed yet.
It doesn't have anything to do with that. It has been mentioned all of 10 times in the history of /a/. The average feature film will be hyped to shit long before it comes out. This will never ever even get English subs. It is just an original children's film most people in the west would have no interest in it. Just like most have no interest in something like Precure or Aikatsu.
>>
>>158761496
Why would people be hyped for cg idol shit?
>>
>>158761614
Because it looks like a really good film that has been well made?
>>
>>158761754
I can't tell if you're a tasteless weeb, or just a displaced nip.
>>
>>158761817
Neither.
>>
>>158761754
It genuinely looks worse than the first episode of a KyoAni show. This for a theatrical release people pay tickets for is embarrasing.
>>
>>158761850
You are genuinely incorrect.
>>
>>158761977
Nah, just compare the first episode of Air to the theatrical release of Air made by Toei.
>>
>>158762143
What does that have to do with the film we are talking about exactly? You are sounding like a dumb studiofag now.
>>
>>158762197
Toei is a studio you butt
>>
>>158762227
Obviously. You are a special kind of dumb aren't you?
>>
>>158758756
They never put a single drop of effort into anything that isn't a movie, OVA, or PreCure. They'll spit out a hundred episodes of garbage, then put their A team to work and make something amazing, then shift back to garbage. Toei sucks because of how inconsistent they are.
>>
>>158762261
>You are sounding like a dumb studiofag now
Dunno man
>>
>>158762390
That point seems to have gone straight over your head. I said that there because you were trying to turn a discussion of a specific film into a completely unrelated discussion about studio A vs studio B.
>>
>>158762465
I don't think calling someone a dumb studiofag is 'a point'.
>>
So anyone have seen PopinQ? How is it? I planned to watch it since it's been announced but if there's no subs or japanese captions, I'll wait for one of them to happen.
>>
>>158758756
You mean best QUALITY studio out there. Just look at Sailor Fucking Moon Crystal.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.