[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I watched serial experiments lain for the first time, anyone

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: wRoTzh2.jpg (44KB, 1512x1072px) Image search: [Google]
wRoTzh2.jpg
44KB, 1512x1072px
So I watched serial experiments lain for the first time, anyone mind telling me wtf was happening in it.
>>
>>158484086
what specifically don't you get? A lot of it is just meant to be weird/references to things, or just symbolic.
>>
>>158484086
AND YOU DON'T SEEM TO UNDERSTAND
>>
specifically op pic
>>
>>158484086
that ayy spooped me the fuck out and it usually takes a lot to scare me. I had to stop watching for the night.
>>
>>158484221
yea that was really creepy, despite it not really being anything
>>
>>158484086
The noosphere merged with reality.
>>
>>158484086
Rewatch it about 5 more times.
>>
>>158484844
you know an anime is actually badly done despite the concept when this is used as a lame excuse.
>>
>>158484086
Anischeral.
>>
It was discovered that each human mind could effectively act as a brain cell for a shared consciousness.

An attempt to bring minds together was made with a bunch of children but it went horribly wrong and they all died. The creator of the Wired/internet wanted to build on this research and turn every user into one of these cells/nodes. He programmed his consciousness into the wired so he could either fuse with this consciousness or take control of it and become a god.

Independently Lain was created as an avatar (don't think it's ever made clear who made her but it's 10 or so years since I watched) for this consciousness. The Lain in the wired is the shared consciousness, the Lain in the real world is her human mind.

In the final episode Lain kills the Wired creator and fully merges her human side with the Wired side, basically becoming a god that both controls the wired and is part of every connected mind on the planet.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.