[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The one thing that's fucked abbot Griffith is that to him

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3

File: Griffith stack them up.png (209KB, 500x716px) Image search: [Google]
Griffith stack them up.png
209KB, 500x716px
The one thing that's fucked abbot Griffith is that to him

1) Everyone was willing to sacrifice their lives for him anyway

2) So many of his men had already died for him their sacrifices would be a waste if he failed.

It is very easy to rationalize Griffith's actions for a character like him.
>>
Griffith's actions are understandable, that's what makes him a good character. But the sacrifice and subsequent rape were still horrific acts. That those under his arm could potentially be killed or raped to make his dream a reality were consequences Griffith had to accept and they too understood this.

Griffith deliberating choosing to have them killed against their will to make his dream a reality, and then raping his most loyal follower before the man he had come to consider his friend, was just monstrous.
>>
>>158372418
>That those under his arm could potentially be killed or raped
*in battle --important edit. No one expected or wanted to be sacrificed to monsters.
>>
>>158372418
>and then raping his most loyal follower before the man he had come to consider his friend, was just monstrous.

I am still lost on the exact motivation for this, I mean we can assume he was being jealous or petty but could there possibly be more to than that?

Is it a question Guts would pose to Griffith?
>>
>>158373179
How are you this dense
It's spite anon. S p i t e. he wanted to make Guts angry as hell just before he died, so he fucked the woman he loved and came inside her, ruining her and Guts child and condemning her to dementia and a life of endless horrors.
>>
>>158371779
I legitimately understand the eclipse and sacrifice and feel like it was rational of a husk of man Griffith to do it regardless of it being his fault in the first place.

Raping his best bros girl over some stupid absurd abstract vision of it being Guts fault that he snapped away from his dream is a pussy move and worth wishing death on him forever. Also its pretty fucking obvious based off the Gaiseric story Skully was the last reborn god hand and got fucked by the wiseman aka Void like how Griffith is fucking with Rickert now for being a bitch ass.

The city is just a giant gleaming rat trap that is gonna go full Clive Barkers Jericho sooner or later.
>>
If I had my dick cut off and all my muscles removed I'd sacrifice all my friends to regain my body without a second thought.

I wouldn't go on to rape my best friend's lover though, even if I would be pretty keen to finally use my penis again.
>>
>>158371779
>It is very easy to rationalize Griffith's actions for a character like him.- 6 posts shown.

great post OP but how do you rationalize Casca's rape?
>>
>>158373179
He had new muscles and wanted to flex them. Like anon said, it could likely be an act out of spite toward them both, but I think he also wanted to prove he had no attachments to them anymore.
>>
>>158372418
Dude, one year without sex, maybe some months without your dick and then ir magically reappears and is fully functional... At that point I would rape even the count.

Seriously though, Griffith probably got angry because guts left and they pitied him.
>>
>>158375419
>Griffith probably got angry because guts left and they pitied him.

Now sure how that would motivate to rape.

I mean it was pretty unnecessary considering they were all cursed to die
>>
>>158375511
Griffith has no human emotions anymore
He feels literally nothing at all times
His rape was his last attempt to see if he had feelings anymore by doing something even he, at that point in time, would see as terrible
As seen by the reunion between him and Guts, he feels nothing.
>>
>>158373751
Normal thing to do to women.
Why wouldn't you rape her?
>>
>>158377178
>Griffith has no human emotions anymore

Yet while is he still pursuing "his dream" and taking pleasure in it
>>
more lile they were willing to fight for him, not to throw themselves to their inminent deaths
>>
>>158375511
>>158377178
>>158377213
Griffith is a narcissistic and a sociopath, what he did to Casca was purely to harm Guts who constantly resisted him, an act literally no one else did. Guts was his toy, he abandoned him and he hated Guts for it and opted to punish him by doing the most depraved thing he could do in front of Guts
>>
>>158377302
>Griffith is a narcissistic and a sociopath
Yes, that's kind of the point. He had to become like that or he would never achieve his dream.
>>
>>158377302
this
>>
Wait is it general consensus that Griffith didn't really or genuinely care for his men or specifically Guts?

I think the opposite was portrayed
>>
>>158377302
Literally this. Said it better than I could
>>158377244
We don't know the God Hands motives anon. Falconia could just be a means to an end and Griffith is just the acting piece. Note that we haven't gotten a single internal narration since Zodd's fight with Guts, so we don't know what he's thinking.
>>
File: Berserk_v10_p035.png (350KB, 1226x1800px)
Berserk_v10_p035.png
350KB, 1226x1800px
>>158377302
>Guts was his toy
The manga outright tells you this is bullshit. He literally cared about Guts more than anything in his life, including muh dream that he had dedicated himself to.
>>
>>158377400

Sidenote has Berserk won any Western awards for any form of literary merit?
>>
>>158377178
He says he still feels something for Guts ans Casca because he absorbed the babby when being reborn
>>
>>158377400
I forgot this page existed. I'm half surprised didn't end up raping guts in the eclipse.
>>
>>158377509
Those are not his emotions. Those are the babby's. Dude says so himself
>>
>>158377400
Until Guts dumped his ass, he still had those sociopath tendencies, and was gonna do whatever he could do to get what he wanted
>>
File: giphy (8).gif (1005KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
giphy (8).gif
1005KB, 500x375px
>read lost chapter about idea of evil
>explains how everything in the world of berserk is planned out from long ago
>explains how everything is inevitable and can't be avoided
>Read some interview Miura gave many years ago
>Says he didn't plan anything and that he was just making shit up as he went every week
>Says even he is surprised by how everything conveniently fell into place, completely making sense and seeming like it was always planned from the start

I don't know what to think about this.
>>
>>158371779
>The one thing that's fucked abbot Griffith
>ONE
>abbot
>1) Everyone was willing to sacrifice their lives for him anyway
>2) So many of his men had already died for him their sacrifices would be a waste if he failed.
>1)
>2)
>>
>>158371779
He's as emotionally frail as a tween girl dumped by her first Chad.
>>
>>158378233
His love and heartbreak was so pure that he couldn't control himself
>>
>>158378233
>>158378402

Which begs the question, why didn't he rape Guts in front of Casca?
>>
what truly made Griffith irredeemable was raping Casca, the sacrifice was understandable, no one can deny they would say no if they were faced with that, but there was nothing to gain over raping Casca, it was just to repair his own ego, he wanted to punish Guts for betraying him and to punish Casca for falling in love with Guts, they're pawns that stepped out of line and started going against what he wanted, so he put them in their place before they die
>>
>>158377302
Narcissist maybe (I'd say he is more of an egotist, he was not very in love with himself) , sociopath not really. The cold and detached Griffith who strictly sees others as tools (including himself) was an image he created for himself so he could do whatever it took to achieve his aims without wavering. Honestly, that's not very different from an Alexander or a Napoleon; they couldn't make scruples over every person who would die in their pursuit of glory. However Guts eventually became his Hephaestion, one who leaves him heartbroken, lonely, angry, confused, emasculated, and to eventually become powerless and bitterly envious.

Griffith wished he could be completely "hard"--a cold, ruthless, and rational person, but he could never fully bury his "softness" --the warm, compassionate, and sentimental aspects of his character. He was a paradoxical man and you could say he finally solved that problem.
>>
Reminder that Griffith tried to rape Casca shortly before the eclipse, and failed. It was not a new desire, nor due to the eclipse, nor due to becoming Femto.
>>
>>158378689
He and Guts are too traumatized from butt stuff and he would never stoop to hurting Guts that way
>>
>>158371779
I think the band of Hawk want Griffith to be a good king and their lives to mean somethings honorable, not him to be a demon lord who plan to sacrifice more innocents and them to be demon foods.
>>
>>158378689
Inflicting physical/sexual torture on Guts won't hurt him as much as inflicting it on someone he love and make him watch helplessly.
>>
>>158377550
>think
there's your problem
don't think next time.
>>
>>158379549
his cherry was already popped.
>>
>>158373179
so he could be reborn into the real world via guts and caskas baby by tainting it with his seed

its was literally keikaku doori
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.