[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What made attack on titan cool? 1. Mindless, human-devouring

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

What made attack on titan cool?

1. Mindless, human-devouring Titans with unclear or even nonexistent motivations
2. Badass 3D-maneuvering combat

Both rendered pointless in lieu of a political conflict revealed 3/4 into the story. Most titans have now been off-screened and pose no threat. Every death in season 1 now feels like it would have been pathetically easy to prevent.

God what a shitshow

>wahhh wahhh pleb anime
That'sthepoint.
>>
People Transforming into titans and going in to a godzilla like brawl
>>
It had those apocalyptic vibes and a method to fight the titans. Then the transformations and WW1 happened and it went to shit
>>
>>158326567
>It had those apocalyptic vibes and a method to fight the titans
And it completely negated both of them. The hellish world they lived in has been explained and killing most titans is now pretty much a risk-free, done-deal.

Author had no fucking clue why people liked his manga. God damn.
>>
>>158326766
That's why I don't like it anymore. I'm just reading it to know how it ends, but that's it.
>>
>>158326798
Any guesses on when it'll end? I'm not even gonna read it, I'll just wiki that shit.
>>
>>158326325
Digusting speed readers like you deserve death.

the "badass" 3d maneuvering gear was at it's peak in the political arc. Never had they presented 3dm vs 3dm, it made for some of the mangas most well choreographed fight scenes.

Also, mindless zombies can only be so interesting, it was time for a breather and the political arc gave just that, humans make for better enemies especially because of the moral boundries the heroes have to face while fighting, made for some of the most interesting character moments in the entire manga.

Also arcs where the titans are the enemy are far too black and white, they paint humans as just assholes who cause inconveniences, yet in the political arc people are the focus so they actually flesh out a lot of those "asshole" humans.

The elements you mentioned are great, but they really only attract normie trash like yourself, the political arc is the second best, right after retake.
>>
>>158326875
Suck my dick
>>
>>158326766
HAHA you guys are the worst, you're not fooling anyone either, at least read it so you know what's going on.
>>
>>158326833
Should be soon, unless Isayama decides to really drag it out.
>>
File: 306609.jpg (33KB, 225x350px) Image search: [Google]
306609.jpg
33KB, 225x350px
>>158326325
Aot is easily the best fiction made in japan in more than 10 years, wether you like it or not, so keep saying shit about it, it wont stops its totally deserved popularity,
>>
>>158326833
Volume 30.
>>
>>158327216
Contain your autismo
>>
Is the season 2 worth watching? I've watched the season 1 when it was released but then last week I read some spoilers about the story and it looks like shit.

I mean, I liked because of the people trying to survive but then all of a sudden it becomes a shittier political plot.

Do they even discover what the titans are or what is in the basement in season 2?
>>
>>158327738
Yes, if only for episode 6.
>>
>>158327738
Even worse then a speed reader wew
>>
>>158327738
lel no. Basement is season 5 material.
>>
>>158326325
>What made attack on titan cool?
The unique concepts and ideas, the mystery, the setting, the fight scenes.

> Mindless, human-devouring Titans with unclear or even nonexistent motivations
Hardly, it's basically zombies with a unique twist, but for the most part they're just weird. Them being mindless just makes for fodder to kill, the best parts where when they fought intellegent enemies like the FT who always had a trick up her sleeve. The human enemies in the uprising arc are better in every regard, not to mention they actually have personality.

>Badass 3D-maneuvering combat
Which is at it's absolute best in the uprising arc.
>>
>>158330020
>Four years just to get Season 2
For what purpose?
>>
>>158330701
studio didn't want to be pigeon held by just one series.
They made 2 anime originals and an adaptation between season 1 and 2 of AOT.
>>
>>158326865
This desu.
>>
>>158326865
Sixth Post, Best Post.
>>
>>158327103
This anon here knows whats up
>>
>>158326865
Id there's a season 3 I really hope they show this scene, as gruesome as it is.
>>
File: 1494368939523.jpg (187KB, 1280x550px) Image search: [Google]
1494368939523.jpg
187KB, 1280x550px
>>158326325
It has fights between giant versions of zombies and people who zip across towns like an army of Spidermen

that amount of coolness would instantly appeal to the average normie.
>>
>>158326325
Because it's the only shounen anime that has a consistent plot, and well written characters.
>>
>>158333950
Why is Eren twice in that scene?
>>
>>158333950
>normie
Fuck off and kill yourself, crossboarding cancer. You don't belong here.
>>
>>158326325
I watched the first season several days ago and at first I thought it looked really interesting, the main character had this solid determination but they were at such a huge disadvantage that even humanity's best could barely stand up to titans. I wanted to find out how they were going to overcome it but then a couple of episodes in it's just "lol he can transform into a titan". Still pretty good though.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.