[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I know I'm a bit late to the party but... I thought this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 8

I know I'm a bit late to the party but...
I thought this movie was great. The entire two hours were quite emotional for me. The main characters were great, the set up was great, the animation was great, the acting was great, and the story was very compelling.
I heard some complaints about how the movie "victim blamed", and though I think this definitely wasn't the intention, I can see how some found this an issue nonetheless. Objectively speaking, the theme was probably the weakest part of the movie. Not that it was a bad theme or that it wasn't developed well, but I felt the theme kept getting a bit confused with itself.
Seeing as a lot of people have claimed "Kimi no Na wa" to be as good if not better, I'm quite looking forwards to seeing that, as well as what Kyoani does with their next series, "Violet Evergarden".
/blog
>>
>>158073517
>being secondary
>>
File: 1488237308623.png (124KB, 292x389px) Image search: [Google]
1488237308623.png
124KB, 292x389px
I also really liked everything about it. I like how they cut the ending with Shouko going away for no raison.

The only part I didn't like was when they cut Sahara cock blocking Ueno by taking her seat next to Shouya on the rollercoaster.

I also didn't like how Mashiba never punched Shouya, but, as they cut out the back stories of Vol 6, I can see why. If they left that in, he'd have looked even more like a psycho than he did anyway.

Ultimately, I think they just should have cut him in general. I really liked Shouko and Ueno's moment at the festival.
>>
I watched this as well tonight, I liked it a lot.
>>
>>158073517
Best kyoani movie my far.
>>
>>158073634
Shouko leaves in the manga? Damn, I'm fine with there being no concrete romantic ending or anything like that, but that would have been too much of a kick in the balls.
At what point does Mashiba punch him? It seemed really strange when we saw him again at the amusement park.
I would've liked to see more of mom; the scene with her after Shouya tries killing himself in the beginning of the movie really got me; maybe since it's easier for me to relate to family related things than romantic ones.
>>
>>158073695
Agreed. Kyoani never rarelysometimes dissapoints. Chuunibyou movie is gonna be... eh...
>>
>>158073853
All the families get more time in the Manga.
At the end of the manga, Shouko goes to Tokyo, and it's really a bizarre thing to put in the end, not really adding much.

The entirety of Volume 6 is Shouya being hospitalized, and the narrative switching around between the other characters, to explain their backstories. Previously, only Yuzu got POV chapters aside from Shouya.

What I liked best in the movie is that it focused more on Shouko than the manga did. She really felt more like a main character in the film. In the Manga, she sometimes became a goal or a story element before volume 6.

Also, Mashiba punched Shouya on the bridge, when everyone was fighting. He hit him, because he hates bullies. Since he's all but nonexistent in the film, they cut it
>>
>>158073591
What?
>>
>>158074073
It means watching the anime first
>>
File: 1496350626659.jpg (97KB, 742x1060px) Image search: [Google]
1496350626659.jpg
97KB, 742x1060px
Couldn't enjoy the movie with so much shoko. Incredibly annoying character that didn't really act like a person would. I was a huge fan of Ueno for being flawed but also admitting the flaws and trying to change people but im guessing 90% of viewers just saw her as being a villain for disliking shoko
>>
File: 1494342838019.png (467KB, 1151x734px) Image search: [Google]
1494342838019.png
467KB, 1151x734px
>>158074280
>Ueno fag
>CR fag
Hell is too good for you
>>
>>158074316
Don't know what cr means but hopefully we can at least agree that kawai is a two faced bitch. Ueno is still far better than shoko for being realistic rather than dere dere about everything including to someone who bullied her so much she had to move schools.
>>
>>158074280
I thought that Shouko was a great character. I'm not sure how she was unrealistic. The first part when she just accepts all the bullying from her classmates, I thought was very well done. She's so used to being alone that she'd rather have these negative relations than none at all. I feel that's what connects her and Shouya so much - even though he's being such a prick, he's paying attention to her, and Shouko who's not very used to this doesn't know how to react, and so she decides to just smile and bear it and try to make friends with him.
By far I thought the worst character was Miki; she acted like a white night when it suited her, then at other times she portrayed herself as the victim. She seemed really fake and like a really manipulative person.
>>
>>158074518
CR=CrunchyRoll
You can tell, because they're the only shitbags who don't conform to Hepburn Romanization, thus Shoko instead of Shouko
>>
>>158074518
I see what you're saying about Ueno, but in the end I feel like I wasn't given enough time to warm up to her bad attitude and see the good in her. I still prefer Shouko in the end. Maybe things would be different if I read the source.
>>
>>158074685
No. Ueno approaches irredeemable levels in the Manga.
The Anime basically cuts the fact that she continued to bully Shouko after Shouya stopped, and also was heavily involved with bullying Shouya up through Middle school.

It also cuts out her motive. She bullied Shouya because she had a crush on him. The reason she gets mad that Shouko had the cat pouch was because it originally had a confession note inside, which got mixed up in the pouch Broccoli got, and comedy ensued.
>>
>>158073517
It was a bit rushed, and the side-characters were underdeveloped. I raged that Ueno was forgiven so easily. Also lack of romantic development was a subjective negative for me. 8/10 movie.
>>
>>158074835
I agree with all your points, but as stated in OP, I feel the whole is greater than the sum of its parts, and the production quality (not only in terms of visuals) is enough to bump it up to a 9/10. Maybe that's shallow of me but hey, who cares.
>>
>>158074835
To be fair, the Romance was already wonky in the manga, more so even.

In the manga, Romance was Ueno's entire motivation, and there was a bonus chapter where Shouko wants to confess to Shouya again, with an understandable voice, but this was seemingly dropped. Ueno's entire character arc was realizing that Shouya liked Shouko and stepping aside for them to develop, which never happened.

It was already bad, but at least the anime cuts out before any of that happens, and you can infer that whatever happens happens more naturally
>>
>>158074821
>She bullied Shouya because she had a crush on him
I imagine most people assumed that even without knowing the source
>had a confession note inside
Awkward as fuck. Glad they cut that out. Would've been way too melodramatic.
>>
>>158075004
Lots of KnK is melodramatic. The meeting at the bridge when Shouya woke up was melodramatic as fuck
>>
>>158074053
Huh? The last pannel is literally them holding hands, clearly a couple, to face off their primary classmates.
>>
>>158075122
Yeah, that's the implication, but it's still weird, and people to this day argue there's no romance, despite it being heavily present.

It was a sign kissu, since you speak with your hands.
>>
>>158075077
I feel like the inclusion of the note would have been just throwing in extra drama for the sake of it. The bridge at the end felt like it fitted well enough to fit into my suspension of disbelief. I guess melodrama wasn't the right word.
>>
>>158075122
Elementary*
>>
>>158075251
The manga was a lot longer, so it could have one more meandering chapters.

Ueno was a bigger undercurrent in the manga.
>>
File: 7582.webm (2MB, 720x389px) Image search: [Google]
7582.webm
2MB, 720x389px
Finally watched the movie tonight. I loved the characters' expressiveness and how natural they felt, even if at some points it felt like the time constraints didn't do justice to all the secondary characters. Probably my favorite KyoAni movie now.

Also, Shouko is a treasure and I want to protect her smile.
>>
>>158075433
Post more Shouko
>>
File: Cjex0Rr.jpg (205KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Cjex0Rr.jpg
205KB, 1280x720px
bullying is wrong!!
>>
>>158075433
I dont know why but I loved so much her voice
>>
>>158075516
I would, but my KnK folder is packaged away on a different drive

>>158075433
They did a really good job translating the art to animation. I could recognize every panel they lifted
>>
>>158075570
Felt strange when she was a kid, but later on it was really good. Kept wondering what it would've been like doing that voice
>>
File: ...1482911988013.jpg (57KB, 522x325px) Image search: [Google]
...1482911988013.jpg
57KB, 522x325px
>KnK stopped running almost 3 years ago
I remember those threads like they were yesterday.

Whatever happened to Boku Girl, did that end?
>>
I was so happy to watch this. I was giddy through the whole thing
>>
>>158073591
The manga is inferior.
>>
>>158075570
I have never met a single deaf person in my entire life, so I can't really say too much about how realistic it was. It was really charming/heartwarming though, especially when she got disconsolate and tried to express her feelings.

>>158075544
If you insist.
>>
>>158075696
Boku Girl finished, sometime late last year if I remember correctly. Had to read the last few chapters from terrible Japanese>Korean>English scans that I found on imgur though.
>>
>>158075862
The first 4 volumes are better than their adapted counter part. The one shot is amazing.

Volume 5, 6, and 7 are better cut. The movie basically cuts out everyone but Shouya and Shouko.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.