[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I loved Sailor Moon as a kid. Should I dive back into the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6

File: C7xrECeW4AIbR4b[1].jpg (156KB, 1200x450px) Image search: [Google]
C7xrECeW4AIbR4b[1].jpg
156KB, 1200x450px
I loved Sailor Moon as a kid. Should I dive back into the show as an adult?
>>
I think that's your own decision to make.
>>
It does not hold up in any way whatsoever.
>>
>>158011861

Are the movies any good? Never saw those.
>>
>>158011926
>Are the movies any good
Don't make the mistake of trying to watch ANY dub just because you watched it as a kid. Especially the butchered english version.
>>
>>158011745
Read the manga, starting with Codename Sailor V, and then the Sailor Moon series. There was a recent re-release that makes hunting it down a lot easier. Plus, you don't have to worry about bad dubs/animation that way.

And sure, if you still like it, check out one of the shows. Just don't expect it to hold up all that well. The original anime was fairly episodic, after all.
>>
Disregard the retard above me. The anime is a big time investment, but it's better than the manga, and saying it "doesn't hold up well" is just fucking retarded. It's just as good now as it was then. S in particular is fantastic.
>>
File: usagi_dangerzone.jpg (88KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
usagi_dangerzone.jpg
88KB, 640x480px
>>158011861

This is a COMPLETE AND TOTAL LIE
YOU LIAR GET OUT OF MY /a/
>>
>>158011745
It's a hard watch if only because there's a shitload of filler.
>>
>>158011861
Dunno about that. I've been enjoying rewatching the series as I pick up the new Viz release BDs.

Dated it may be, I still have been enjoying it.
>>
>>158012711
You know its being redubed with an accurate dub now, right?
>>
File: 1495870529978.png (553KB, 684x1131px) Image search: [Google]
1495870529978.png
553KB, 684x1131px
Dub > Sub
>>
Watch the 90s show first, then if you like that read the manga starting with Sailor V, then move on to the musicals, Crystal, and the live-action show if you're a big fan.
>>
File: IMG_0260.jpg (859KB, 1600x647px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0260.jpg
859KB, 1600x647px
>>158011745
What would you do with a Mars?
>>
>>158011745
>Should I dive back into the show as an adult?
Only if you don't use the show as your means to support your homosexual tendencies. Check out the Crystal episodes as they adhere to the manga story more.

Yes, the movies and specials are worth watching.
>>
>>158019498
That's a dangerous question.
>>
>>158020519
Dangerous?
>>
>>158020616
Most dangerous.
>>
>>158011745
Nah. Keep your good memories.
>>
>>158020383
>Recommending crystal
>insinuating staying true to the source material inherently makes it a better experience.
>>
I think so.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.