[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do I need to watch episode 25 and 26 or am I good to just watch

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: fe580ca5f9889fdcb61fe98fb46dac9d.jpg (141KB, 736x1050px) Image search: [Google]
fe580ca5f9889fdcb61fe98fb46dac9d.jpg
141KB, 736x1050px
Do I need to watch episode 25 and 26 or am I good to just watch End of Evangelion?

I watched EoE before episode 25 and I am struggling to get through it

Neon Genesis Evangelion thread too if you want
>>
File: rei5.jpg (441KB, 1396x1200px) Image search: [Google]
rei5.jpg
441KB, 1396x1200px
EoE then ep 25 26
>>
>>157781559
25 & 26 are EoE
>>
>>157781559
Episodes 25 and 26 are wholly skippable, they're not at all enjoyable to watch.
>>
>>157781664
Ok this is what I was hoping someone would say.

Considering how great of an ending EoE is and how 25/26 came to be (studio ran out of money and not allowing the more racey parts of the ending to be aired on TV), I assumed I'd be fine
>>
File: where is her folding chair.webm (2MB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
where is her folding chair.webm
2MB, 960x720px
>>157781755
I heard it was time, but Anno was already doing that shit when he had both money and time.
>>
Honestly you messed up by seeing EoE first. It's easy to see why you couldn't watch 25 and 26 but honestly it's just as good in my opinion and the entire end of 26 and congratulations feels like a great conclusion. It's also interesting to see how hard they tried with the little they had.
>>
EoE if you want memes (TEH REI, TUMBLING DOWN, everyone turned into tang lol)
25+26 if you want the real ending
>>
>>157782431
>EoE
>memes
Yet another retard who didn't understand Evangelion's ending. End of Evangelion and episodes 25 and 26 are meant to complement each other. One of them is what happens "in real life", as seen through characters' eyes. The other one is supposed to be what happens inside of characters' minds.
>>
File: nun.jpg (35KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
nun.jpg
35KB, 640x480px
>>157781664
[2:7] Those who have disbelieved — it being equal to them whether thou warn them or warn them not — they will not believe.

[2:8] Asuka has set a seal on their hearts and their ears, and over their eyes is a covering; and for them is a great punishment.

[2:9] And of the people there are some who say, ‘We believe in Asuka and the Last Day;’ while they are not believers at all.

[2:10] They would deceive Asuka and those who believe, and they deceive none but themselves; only they perceive it not.

[2:10] They would deceive Asuka and those who believe, and they deceive none but themselves; only they perceive it not.
>>
>Can't sit through 2 more episodes
Just fucking watch it all or leave.
>>
As someone who went many years without watching them, I say just finish it.
>>
Is this a real thread on /a/? You shouldn't even be posting here if you haven't watched all of the tv series, eoe, and the rebuilds. Who the fuck skips the last two episodes of nge?
>>
>>157781559
>Wait 3 posts till someone say what you want to hear.
Watch the fucking episodes you faggot, they are great.

Little to no animation, but massive character development. The entire series been shaping for this kind of shit.
>>
>>157782655
I disagree with the "complementary" stuff, but thats a whole new discussion.

I think that 25 and 26 should be analysed for what they are independent of EoE, as anno didnt know he was actually going to make EoE after nge was over.

If EoE didnt exist, the interpretations of 25/26 would be pretty different from what they are today, and i think they should.
>>
>>157785026
That is factually incorrect. There is plenty of evidence that points out to the fact that The End of Evangelion (or at least a slightly different version of it) was meant to be original episodes 25 and 26 of the TV series. See for example, the director's cut version of the series, the preview at the end of episode 24, the original script for End of Eva, etc.
>>
Watch it in release order. 25 and 26 are essential before EoE.
>>
>>157781755
Gainax didn't run outta money. Evangelion was the top rated show at the time. Here's the real story:

>the running out of cash thing isn't true - that's something that's become a popular theory more recently, which confuses me a bit because at the time, there was absolutely no debate over what happened to the final episodes. In fact, it was reported in Japanese newspapers at the time - it was quite a big news story, given Eva's huge popularity in its original terrestrial broadcasts.

>Anno and the rest of the Gainax team had been pushing production of the various episodes up closer and closer to the deadlines issued by their TV station, to the extent that they were actually biking episodes over to the broadcast centre on Beta tape only minutes before the broadcast time. This was tolerated, because Eva had some of the highest ratings of any show ever - until Episode 24.

>Episode 24 arrived at the station so late that it couldn't even be watched before being broadcast - it was slapped in a Beta drive and transmitted directly, without being reviewed by any staff at the station. Episode 24, you'll recall, is the Kaworu episode, which aside from the homosexual overtones (probably not actually an issue), ends with, er, a pop. Bear in mind that this was broadcast in a 6.30pm weekday slot on Japanese national television.

>The network went apeshit - it may have been in silhouette, and he may have been technically non-human, but you can't show a 14 year old popping his 14 year old friend's head off at 6.30pm on TV, even in Japan. Gainax, and Anno specifically, were accused of deliberately holding back the episode to prevent the network from seeing it before broadcast - and the network staff demanded to see the storyboards for the next two episodes. (Anno had previously made a promise with the TV station that he wouldn't kill any children in the show, which is why Touji didn't die and he went crazy with character deaths for EoE)
>>
I just finished Eva and EoE for the first time, and I have to say, I loved the original ending way more than EoE.

Ep 25 and 26 were really interesting psychological cases, and I really enjoyed the concepts they put forth, especially when Shinji is alone his own world.

EoE was just confusing, and it didn't really feel like a satisfying ending to me.
>>
>>157786876
This copypasta is shit.
>>
>>157783783
I dropped it half way through, and I've been watching anime long before Eva
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.