[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How good DBS would have been with the original 90's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 1495953722-super-color-6.jpg (154KB, 715x763px) Image search: [Google]
1495953722-super-color-6.jpg
154KB, 715x763px
How good DBS would have been with the original 90's style and ost?
>>
Despite the shitty animation its main problem is the script, so no matter how you animate it, it would still be shit.
>>
I don't think there are enough animators that even know how to traditionally animate anymore, especially for a project the size and relentlessness of Dragonball.
>>
>>157773283
no they exist, its just the good ones arent going to work on db super, no matter how much they're paid
>>
>>157773270
There's many flaws but several good ideas too. (Gods of destruction/Angels, multi univers, Black Goku)

Still best and main part of Dragon ball was the fighting.
>>
It would've still been shit, just shit that looks good.
>>
>>157773270
I wouldn't say its shit, it just takes a different direction than DBZ.

The tension is definitely not there anymore.
Even with the tournament of power, it doesn't compare to the fear that frieza/cell caused.
>>
As a guy who likes Faulconer ost, Super OST is way better than original jp OST.

I do hate the color direction in Super but I also feel like it's a very direct decision instead of budget cut. Brighter colors means easier to appeal to children.
>>
>>157773341
>multi univers
After becoming the strongest in the universe it has been the only logical choice to make.
>Black Goku
Honestly, I can't see what's so great about this idea.
>>
>>157773214
Your picture shows just blurred lineart, different colors and digital grain. It's no 90's style. And honestly we came a long way in terms of animation lately. Everything is polished 90% of time with some derpy shots here and there. The last episode was made about 70% of it in philippines but in house toei cleaned up the art really well.
>>
>>157773283
What do you mean by traditionally? Nothing has changed from the 90s when it comes to animating. Are you talking about loop frames or something?
>>
>it's a "people pretend the original DBZ anime didn't also look like absolute garbage" episode
>>
>>157773283
Naw. It would just mean more filler and drawn out episodes. Episodes would be padded with still shots so they'll have some breathing room for each scene. It'll be the infamous 5 min all over again.

The art would be superior, but it just won't be as action packed outside of lights clashing with each other.
>>
>>157773832
On an average day it has better fights than Super. rs.
>>
>>157773575
>As a guy who likes Faulconer ost
Opinion discarded.
>>
>>157773431
Maybe if the dragon balls weren't such convenient plot devices.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.