[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>let's just kill off interesting characters for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 9

File: 37.jpg (280KB, 1600x1150px) Image search: [Google]
37.jpg
280KB, 1600x1150px
>let's just kill off interesting characters for cheap shock vaulue
>>
>vaulue
>generic monster man
>interesting
>not reading the webcomic only
Nice thread, fag lol
>>
>>157733235
>still doesn't understand the point of OPM after 75 chapters
Stay in school kids.
>>
>>157733235

That's not Gantz.
>>
>>157733235
That's not Attack on Titan.

>implying the characters were interesting in the first.
>>
>>157733235
>DUDE ONE PUNCH LMAO

Why do people get so hyped over this series again?
>>
>>157733292
ONE is a hack
>>
>>157733799
So is Murata for needing to steal from a hack. OPM is just a hack fest and no one should read it ever.
>>
i hate summer
contain your cancer on reddit OP
>>
>>157733235
>Story called one punch man
>Hero destroys monsters in one punch
>Shock value when it happens
>>
>>157733235
>shock value
You keep using that word...
>>
File: 1474312691263.png (344KB, 640x517px) Image search: [Google]
1474312691263.png
344KB, 640x517px
>>157733799
The best character that hack ever writted is also a hack
>>
>>157733292
>not reading the webcomic only
This is a real thing? Murata is one of the best active mangakas.
>>
File: download_20170430_134312.png (934KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
download_20170430_134312.png
934KB, 1080x1920px
>>157733235
This is why I cut myself.
>>
>>157733235
> cheap

and yet this is the 17th thread about it
>>
>>157733235
>let's just troll imageboards for brief, fleeting satisfaction
>>
>>157733235
I don't give a rat's ass about Gouketsu but I'm worried that there might not be a satisfying final fight for the anime. I guess there's still time for Orochi to show up.
>>
>>157733235
But he's just a ripoff of a certain Street Fighter character.
>>
LOL nobody likes Kaz
>>
>>157735674
WHOOOOOOOO?
>>
>>157733235
>Shock value
lol implying Saitama 1 shoting anything at this point of the series is even surprising.

Thank Murata for his irregular pace that made me drop this, I mean it was interesting at 1st but even a parody gets boring after repeating the same formula a few times.

If I went back to watch OPM I could literaly taste Saitama's boredom.
>>
File: images (1).jpg (9KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
9KB, 300x168px
Woul Kusuo vs Saitama be a good fight or Saitama would just be outright insta killed off-screen?
>>
>>157736284
That would be real shock value
>>
yeah but I mean we all know what happened.
if the punch was shown we'd have people complaining for the same old joke happening over and over
>>
File: 1456051378476.jpg (36KB, 600x956px) Image search: [Google]
1456051378476.jpg
36KB, 600x956px
>>157733235
>interesting characters
>cheap shock
Gouketsu and Orochi are just the tutorial bosses
>>
>>157733787
>>157733799
This, don't get it, and I probably never will.
>>
>>157733235
>Akame Ga Kill (anime)
>Let's just kill characters even before they get interesting for some 'shock' value
Literally I was dying in laughter in the first death scene, because how absurd it was. Torso yelling something about some shining shit, sticking out of the superbuff chibi dogs maw, while other girl sticks out guns from every cut-off limb AND from mouth. While screaming shit about justice.
At this point I was expecting another gun to stick out of her crotch, and I'd totally lose it, but they kept it 'serious'
>>
>>157733235
Gouketsu was a nice guy as far as monsters go.

R.I.P.
>>
>>157737547
Actually can't wait for golden sperm to appear
>>
>>157736284
Saiki would teleport back home and eat some yogurt
>>
ONEs humour is mostly about an unexpected turn of events.
Skipping the entire fight of a hyped up boss is right up his alley.
>>
>>157733235
>confident writing = cheap
Hm.
I'd much rather have this than stale bullshit stories that never pull any punches like 99% of japanese writers do.
>>
>>157744465
that's pretty much it, calling this scene the same as the other one-punches clearly shows they are not actually reading the manga and just want to watch pretty pictures.
>>
>>157733235
that's tsugumomo
>hurr kill the main character

author should just seppuku
>>
Why doesn't the hero association carry Saitama around in an airship all day and pay him huge money to destroy every strong monster in the world?
>>
>>157748436
To be fair, at least they killed off worstgirl, and not any of the girls that were liked.
>>
>>157748513
Because Sweet Mask is right.

Being a hero is 1 part killing monsters to 3 parts publicity and PR stunts

Saitama can't into publicity, as shown by how he makes himself into a public enemy every time he opens his mouth to the populace, so it would be a lot better for the HA if they just kept him as an obscure hero that they can call in as secret S-class to explode major threats.

Basically, the "Blast is Saitama" conspiracy theories are actually what the HA should have done, and it's silly that they've continued for so long without at least keeping a phone number for the guy that outpace WDM in how many monsters he can clean up by himself.
>>
>>157748922
It's not until after the Garou arc that there is substantial awareness among just the S-class heroes that Saitama is god-like. And only a couple of them really witnessed it. Before that he's either not gotten credit or said to have shared the credit with other heroes.

Also, we know (as readers) that Blast isn't Saitama, and so does the association.
>>
>>157748922
That, and up until now he's just killed monsters without sticking around. By the time people get onto the scene he's gone, and no one knows to give him credit, so they ended up attributing it all to some random who happened to be at several of the disaster sites. It's worth noting that Saitama's actions up until then were enough to promote that random individual, who will remain unnamed, straight up to S-Class.
>>
>>157749041
So, you mean to tell me that Bang or Genos never sat down with any of the other S-class heroes and said something along the lines of "Hey, remember that bald guy that crashed the meeting about the Disaster: God enemy? Yeah, he's ridiculously strong"? Not even Bang offhandedly mentioning it to Atomic Samurai?

Remember, King became the most well-respected S-class hero entirely based on hearsay about how badass he is.

Not to mention that Saitama had to take the heat for the broken meteor damaging the city that the pieces fell on, without anyone seeming to recognize that means that he fundamentally is punching harder than Metal Knight's experimental anti-everything rockets that barely scratched it.
>>
>>157749328
Bang respects Saitama's choice not to actively pursue fame and rank. At one point he even actively advises Saitama to ditch the HA, because it's not really for such people.

And the meteor event is one of those cases where they gave most of the credit to Metal Knight and Genos. Both of them were promoted after that event. Metal Knight actually passed King in the rankings with it.
>>
>>157749328
Almost none of the S-Class Heroes talk to each other much, why do you assume they'd talk about that?
>>
>>157749328
Furthermore, he says *exactly* that. When he arrives with Saitama at the emergency S-class meeting before Boros shows up, he explicitly tells Atomic Samurai (and implicitly Tatsumaki) that he expects Saitama to soon join them in S-class. But they're all arrogant fucks. Atomic Samurai basically says "well fuck off until then, I don't acknowledge you just based on what Bang says", and Tatsumaki bitches at it being wildly unnecessary that literally anyone else at all was even brought in because she can handle it herself.
>>
>>157749568
Atomic's words toward Saitama sounded more like something to motivate him though.
>>
>>157749568
fuck off greg
>>
>>157749328
And let's not forget how the S-class heroes got to S-class. They started off as piddling low-rank heroes for the most part. Darkshine was the lowest ranked C-class. WDM was B-class. Primarily because S-class tier heroes didn't behave like other heroes and largely ignored the weak threats. It's only after much experience and evidence that the association realized that these guys weren't mediocre weaklings but were fucking amazing, high-caliber weapons that could be deployed against the greatest threats around. That's when they became S-class (and S-class was made a thing). The association has an established track record of not being able to accurately gauge the abilities of the truly powerful. Even Genos was admitted into S-class only after they had already seen a track record of high-power accomplishments, and this was in part because the HA failed to realize Saitama's involvement in the latest ones.
>>
Murata original plot ruined another series.
>>
>>157750293
I don't remember him ruining any other series. Eyeshield 21 was good
>>
>>157733235
>interesting characters
who? what?
>>
>>157735094
Orochi is literally remake original and won't even be relevant. Garou is probably going to kill him instead of black sperm and continue similar to that.
>>
>>157750293
So are you memeing at this point or do you really still not get that ONE atoryboards all of this?
>>
File: 1472563496554.jpg (225KB, 1920x1088px) Image search: [Google]
1472563496554.jpg
225KB, 1920x1088px
>>157751106
It's funny that most delays are not Murata slacking off but ONE not giving him the sketches to work with.
>>
>>157751578
ONE could be a legend if he wasn't so slow.
>>
>>157733235
They spend way too much time playing things straight.
The idea of One Punch Man was neat because of how it could change standard shounen manga dynamics.
What they're actually dong is setting up arcs exactly like any other manga would, and then abruptly ending with the One Punch punchline.

Bakuzan and every other villain have wasted so much time yapping their fucking mouths. It would already be annoying in a regular story, but here it's just shameless padding.
>>
>>157733235
>make up stupid tournament filler arc
>keep it as stereotypical as possible
>add shounen parody character
>add generic big monsters
>retards actually start liking the characters
>they get mad when shounen joke character gets beaten up for laughs
>they get mad when generic monster gets one punched for laughs

The worst part about this filler arc are the people who got attracted to it
>>
>>157752006
The story isn't about Saitama and how he resolves things. It's about the people around Saitama and how they grow and change and learn from Saitama's example. This is a story where the true main characters are the supporting cast, and the apparent main character is a plot device and comedic relief.

This tournament was about Suiryuu and how he grows from being a loafing, narcissistic, womanizer.
>>
>>157752184
Sure. And that's how it could change standard shounen manga dynamics, as I said.
The problem is that what they actually do is play it straight almost the whole way, and then Saitama does his absurd shtick and the current character of choice starts to gravitate towards him.

If you replaced Saitama defeating his enemies with one punch with a young boy sacrificing himself for the sake of friendship and love you'd just have every other shounen on the planet, only with the point of view slightly moved.

What Suiryuu learned from Saitama he could have learned from anybody else strong enough to defeat Bakuzan and Gouketsu. What he needed was anybody who could save him. It having been Saitama doesn't mean a thing, it didn't give the events a special meaning.
>>
File: 0042-017.jpg (60KB, 969x619px) Image search: [Google]
0042-017.jpg
60KB, 969x619px
Well, anon?
>>
>>157752901
Any other hero, except maybe Genos because he's Saitama's disciple (and WDM, because dog), would have given him a big pretentious speech or something. Tatsumaki would have telekinetically ripped off his nuts before she said anything inspiring. Suiryuu would have seen them and what they did in a completely different fashion.
>>
>>157752986
>Never advancing to A
Pathetic.
>>
>>157733235
this has officially gotten old, they need to do more SoL shit.
>big bad enemy
>Saitama doesn't remember them
>lol who are you hmmm... oh well!
>one punch
>hm I wonder who he was lol, oh well so where's that big tough guy you were talking about? oh was that him???
>>
>>157733235
OPM is a series for kids. It's for the audience that only cares about the mc overpowering everyone.

You probably shouldn't be reading it if you cared about story. Sure it has decent looking sluts in it, but you can easily just get your fill with doujins.
>>
>>157733235
What was the point of showing the fight? The whole arc was about fights, and we just know Saitama would beat him in one hit anyways so this is infinitely more entertaining IMO
>>
ITT: People who haven't read the web comic complaining about filler shit being bad
>>
>>157753256
She has resolved to move into A class in the webcomic, but ONE's been releasing chapters so slowly that we haven't seen her formally promoted (or even had the time for it).
>>
>>157733799
He wrote Mob, he can't be.
>>
>>157753496
When was that? I remember her fighting against Tatsumaki, getting her ass beat, then Tatsumaki unsuccessfully trying to beat Saitama, then discussion about the Neo-HA. Has ONE updated since then?
>>
>>157742622
Well he never really wanted to turn into a monster. He was forced into eating the monster cells or dying iirc.
>>
>>157753591
There have been more chapters since then, at least. In the most recent chapter I've read King makes Atomic Samurai shit bricks.

But she asserts she's moving into A-class after Tatsumaki gives up on "dealing" with her and her cronies thanks in part to Saitama's interference. She tells her cronies to work hard and get stronger if they don't want to get left behind, which they resolve to do.
>>
>>157733235
Was great.
>>
Garou/Doge fight fucking when?
>>
>>157753737
Oh yeah I remember that part now, where she disbands the Fubuki group.
>>
>>157753824
Sometime after they remember it.

Personally I hope that they cut back to their scene and they're just lounging around eating lamb shanks or something, having decided that wolf-dude and dog-dude should be dog-bros.
>>
What will happen in the second seasson of the anime? I don't really see any satisfying ending point for it.
>>
File: 0055.7-028.jpg (66KB, 614x605px) Image search: [Google]
0055.7-028.jpg
66KB, 614x605px
>>157753256
>advancing
>implying Fubuki is even worth a class C
>>
>>157733292
Hey now
>>
>>157733235
Kill yourself shonenbabby.
>>
>>157753922
Do you think they might do the MA arc ahead of Murata?
>>
File: onepunch_man_123_28.jpg (111KB, 800x1150px) Image search: [Google]
onepunch_man_123_28.jpg
111KB, 800x1150px
>>157752901
I think people just want to enjoy the fantasy of a Big Damn Hero existing, who you can always count on to solve any problem you might encounter. But the problem with such heroes is that they're just too amazing. If they didn't have some crippling flaw then they'd simply solve all the problems that'd give them opportunities to be big damn heroes in the first place. So you get someone like Saitama, who could easily wipe out all the monster problems by himself in mere moments if he wasn't such a dopey, apathetic idiot. A similar example would be All Might, though there it's a little different in that he actually did what you would expect someone like him to do: He solved all the problems. So the story is themed around All Might slowly weakening and dying and the consequences that has.

That's not all these stories are about, but it's a big part of their appeal - even of the appeal of OPM. Even Saitama gets a lot of completely unironic hero shots.
Thread posts: 79
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.