[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

One Piece

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 519
Thread images: 116

File: 17.png (280KB, 788x1150px) Image search: [Google]
17.png
280KB, 788x1150px
So what is going on in this page now that the new chapter is out?
>>
File: large.png (205KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
large.png
205KB, 500x375px
This probably happens every night...
>>
>>157721666
In Sanji's dreams
>>
>>157721666
Lol no
>>
File: IMG_5205.jpg (84KB, 601x599px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5205.jpg
84KB, 601x599px
Third post for your God.

Destroy all shippers.
>>
>>157721684
ouch
>>
I think she might have eating mother caramel...She ate her, and in her fucked up mind, she thinks mother just left
>>
File: BIG MEATY HANDS.png (398KB, 908x658px) Image search: [Google]
BIG MEATY HANDS.png
398KB, 908x658px
>>157721693
If Enel isn't back with rubber piercing black lightning, I will be very disappointed and write a very well thought out letter to Oda as to why it would be the raddest shit ever.
>>
File: IMG_20170523_082439.jpg (84KB, 1000x753px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170523_082439.jpg
84KB, 1000x753px
Post 10/10 art.
>>
>>157721805
Sign it from me, too.
>>
what is with the resurgence of enelfags
>>
>>157722017
One guy posted and then it just jumpstarted. I miss him.
>>
File: Episode_181.png (469KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Episode_181.png
469KB, 640x480px
>>157722017
We've come back to life just like our lord
>>
>>157722017
I'm watching the dub and I just got to him. No idea about the rest.
>>
File: Enel (27).png (185KB, 188x403px) Image search: [Google]
Enel (27).png
185KB, 188x403px
>>157722017
Because he's pretty good and probably one of the better villains. I remember reading the Skypiea arc way back when and enjoying every moment Enel showed up and hogged the panels. His inflated ego and god complex are a treat to experience, especially since he can back all that shit up.
>>
>>157721807
You start.
>>
File: 1494699036854.jpg (113KB, 798x770px) Image search: [Google]
1494699036854.jpg
113KB, 798x770px
>>157721594
>Lil Mom ate her mom to become BIG MOM
>>
>>157722218
I wonder what would happen if you ate someone who had a devil fruit power?
>>
>>157722320
You'd become a cannibal and the fruit would transfer over to the next available host fruit
>>
>>157722320
they die and the fruit respawns
>>
>>157722320
nothing since the fruit would go to the nearest tree
>>
>>157722096
>watching the dub
>>
>>157722386
I've watched the sub and I decided to check it out. I can watch both you elitist
>>
File: Friendly old person.jpg (110KB, 500x279px) Image search: [Google]
Friendly old person.jpg
110KB, 500x279px
Oda, where's my friend Zoro?
>>
>>157722096
>watching the dub
>>
Prediction fanfic time.

Big mom will finish her flashback and at the end, will remember how she passed out, destroyed the town, and killed Mother Caramel in a uncontrollable devil fruit rage.

Sudden memory too much to bear, the cry of her soul will rip the souls out of all frightened onlookers. Pulling parts of the soul from all the people able to resist, Pudding goes to take action, saying if she can remove the memory of Caramel that she can stop Big Mom, and Sanji doesn't stop her.

Instead, he grabs a bunch of things off the table, and using some cooking bullshit puts together two slices of cake on a tray, one with Caramel's picture in front of it. Just before Pudding is about to fall to Big Mom, Sanji appears next to her with the tray and pulls some suave move and everyone's like 'holy shit he still has no fear?' Big Mom looks at him with Caramel's picture, also with a cigarette and smile like hers, talking to Pudding, and she anti-snaps, taking the tray to look at the photo.

Before she was abandoned on Elbaf, she was made to eat a devil fruit at age 2, and without any inability to control it becoming corrupted from consuming the souls of people sent to stop her. She knows that all souls she consumes will be eventually have their longevity drained if not replaced by other souls, but she also knows that there is one soul she doesn't want to lose inside her, that of Caramel, and starts crying again about how she has to take over the world to keep Caramel's dream alive.

Sanji tells her about how he's sure Caramel would be proud of her for doing so much, but that she needs to learn to move on and release her [demons]. She eats a piece of the cake, and when she does so, all sorts of crazy spirits fly out of her and at the very end, Caramel's soul is revealed and smiles. Huzzah, big mom chills out and agrees not to kill everyone for this shit. The end of Big Cake.

This message was brought to you by the Sanji deserves Pudding Sanjifag alliance.
>>
File: cute_rabbit.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
cute_rabbit.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
She's in.
>>
Has Zoro finally gotten so lost that he wandered out of the manga?
>>
>>157722409
sorry anon, i just don't know how anyone could willingly watch the dub. the voices are fucking shit.
>>
>>157722710
It's fine, I just hate sub vs dub arguments. And Dub Brook is worth it.
>>
>>157722381
*nearest uneaten whole piece of fruit
Smiley's fruit went to an apple just sitting in a basket with other apples, nowhere near a tree.
>>
File: Carrot wanted poster.png (1MB, 848x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Carrot wanted poster.png
1MB, 848x1200px
She's in.
>>
File: ahaha faggot.jpg (104KB, 686x457px) Image search: [Google]
ahaha faggot.jpg
104KB, 686x457px
why would garp take care of the revolutionary dragon's son as well as the pirate king's son?

what could have motivated him to do so?
>>
>>157722906
dub brook and franky are top tier the only real problem i have with luffy va but the rest of the crew is good
>>
>>157723318
I can understand asking this about Ace but did you actually forget Dragon is his son and Luffy is his grandson?
>>
>>157723318
Not feeling the absolute justice
>>
>>157721684

One would think that Sanji would dream of lots of girls at the same time, like an harem of mermaids or something like that.
>>
>>157723318
Family obligation and fulfilling the wish of a dying man come before petty political tags like Revolutionary and Pirate King.
>>
>>157722693
the trash
>>
>>157723370
>franky
No
>Eric Vale's Sanji
No.
>>
File: 1448058733633.jpg (138KB, 531x783px) Image search: [Google]
1448058733633.jpg
138KB, 531x783px
>>157723318
Because he's his grandson? And Garp wanted to respect Rogers last wishes, cause that's what any man would do. Also cause they're kids, they can't be compared to their parents yet. Last time I checked, Garp was also trying pretty fucking hard to get the both of them to become marines.
>>
>>157723318

Roger and Garp had a great deal of respect for each other as rivals, it's almost a cliche in manga, probably inspired by that story where a daimyo sent sacks of rice to an enemy who was suffering from a shortage of food.

Anyway, Garp knew that Roger was right about Ace bearing no sin, he also knew the WG would want him dead anyway, and he probably wanted to prove something by raising Roger's son to be different than his dad (he should have actually raised him, instead of trusting a bunch of blackmailed criminals to instill good values on him, but well, he raised 2 notorious pirates and the head of the Revolution movement, he clearly sucks at it)
>>
>>157721684

Are you kidding? Not even in Sanji's dreams.
>>
>>157723671
Found the mouth breathing neckbeard
>>
>>157723595
the problem i have with dubs is when the voice is annoying only voice that is annoying in the main crew is luffy
>>
>>157722910
A half-digested piece of fruit in her stomach, maybe?
>>
>>157722381

Are we sure that's how all devil fruits work? Smiley was a fruit that Caesar messed up with, one would think that Caesar would have worked a method of getting the fruit back if he needs it to make Smiley again.

The devil's power going towards the closest fruit sounds kinda lame, also it's something that people should have figured almost instantly.
>>
>>157724220
Smiley's fruit wasn't modified at all. It was Smiley itself that was the modified thing. Without the fruit, Smiley was just semi-sentient poison gas slime. With the fruit, that gas was able to transform into a giant axolotl.
>>
inb4 Carmel jumps to save Big mom and dies.

BM won't know what happened because she was on rampage mode, thinking Carmel just vanished...
>>
>>157724392
>Without the fruit, Smiley was just semi-sentient poison gas slime.

Without the fruit Smiley was just poison. All the consciousness came from the salamander fruit.
>>
>>157724459
>All the consciousness came from the salamander fruit.

It's actually kinda fucked up that these fruits have a consciousness of their own. Does any part of that consciousness get implanted upon the person that eats it I wonder?

On that note, how do devil fruits affect a person's outlook? Like would someone who was afraid of spiders who ate Onigomu's fruit suddenly feel at home around spiders and sleeping in a web? Would a clean freak who ate Trebol's fruit suddenly feel comfortable wallowing in slime?
>>
>>157721666
I don't think I've ever seen this in the manga or anime.
>>
>>157722096
>the dub

anon.... w-what are you doing?
>>
>>157724654
It's not that the fruit has a consiousness, it's that by consuming a zoan fruit, they become a living being
>>
>>157721594
Wow. I cant wait for Best Girl to scare the fuck out of the manlet.
>>
>>157722682

Holy shit, this is actually legit great. I don't know if its plausible based on what we already know but I can totally see Oda doing this.
>>
Would Big Moms Soul-soul fruit allow her to be pretty much the only person in OP who could see Stands?
>>
>>157723318
Garp was gol's rival. He took care of hid kid because a bond burned deep within his heart. Killing ace simply for being born isnt justice and is a pathetic way to resolve the old standing grudge.
>>
>>157725778
what the fuck are Stands?
>>
>>157725842
>what the fuck are Stands?
It's like I time traveled back to 2007
>>
>>157725778
I don't think so, stands have been described as mind/psychic powers, as opposed to soul-like powers.
>>
>>157725901

>wan piss stealth generals finally dying

feels goodman
>>
File: semla.jpg (275KB, 1600x1066px) Image search: [Google]
semla.jpg
275KB, 1600x1066px
>>157726038
It's the shippers fault
>>
>>157725842
Are you serious?
>>
>>157725901
More like 2015 desu
>>
File: senji.jpg (25KB, 236x314px) Image search: [Google]
senji.jpg
25KB, 236x314px
>>157721666
Devil trips confirm.......but maybe not. He's too psychologically damaged from getting buttfucked by okamas to ever have sexual relations with real women ever again.
>>
>>157725830
Gol isnt his first name BAKA
>>
>former elbaf captains and a village of warriors jobbed to a 5 year old

Just how much of a hack can you get?
>>
>>157723318
Garp is a cuck
>>
>>157721594
I hate Big Mom and this shitty arc with a passion, and not in a ''this is hateable villain'' kind of way. Everything about her from her design to her gimmick and underlings is just lame, Hurr Durr look at this big dumb slut being a pirate. Who cares about Amy Schumer as a manga character?

She's just a gigantic waste of time, like, if Oda decided to skip all this bullshit and have the crew on their way to Wano commenting on how they got the Phoneglyph because she had to return to her home planet or something that would be the best that could happen to this story right now.

This has been the most boring OP has been after Gyojin island, and even Foddy and his band of thugs were more charismatic than mom's bunch of fucks.

So the payback war and Jack's invasion get of-paneled but THIS deserves an entire arc arc?seriously?
>>
>>157726687
Idk man, this arc is probably one of the best in OP so far.
>>
>>157726725

Yeah, there's a tard that says this shit every arc. People were screaming about how amazing dress rosa was.
>>
>>157723318
I dont think Garp gave a crap about justice or spooky bullshit like that. He just wanted to join the marines to kick some ass. He's selfish like luffy in the way that he thought the marines are badass(like luffy does with pirates) and just wanted to travel and beat up bad guys(pirates). He thought of Roger as a friend and took care of his son and Luffy is his flesh and blood so of course he'd take care of him.
>>
>>157726725
>this arc is probably one of the best in OP so far.
literally why?, pretty much the only good thing about it are thing it serves as set-up to.Nothing interesting in it has actually happened so far, and BM being such a shit character isn't helping.
>>
Is big mom the most mary sue character in the series?
>>
>>157726687
Guess that's one way to look at it...cool opinions man
>>
>>157726826
One mans trash is anothers treasure.
>>
>>157726893
................................yeah, sure
>>
>>157726888
I liked the assassination aspect and the fact that Brook is kicking ass. Also Sanji's getting some screentime and there seems to be some actual character development for him. I enjoy folk/fairy tale type stories so I really like WCI so far.
>>
Do you see this shit?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-RUyBSdc8A

This is how good writing tells a flashback. They told a really touching and interesting flashback for a villain in less than 2 minutes. This movie didn't need 9 weeks to painfully detail every single minutia and insignificant character in a character's backstory to be "epic." I'm sick of the manga constantly breaking for overly long shitty fucking flashbacks when they used to evoke more emotion in one chapter than they do in these fucking 9 week long flashbacks.
>>
>>157726826
>dress rosa was.
Dress Rosa had Do flamingo at least, and a couple of his family members were kind of cool in concept (even if all of them were ultimately dispatched like chumps due to time constraints).

Who does this shit have? you could reintroduce Bege anywhere else IMO.
>>
>>157726687
I'm actually really enjoying this arc but I agree that Big Mom is a shitty villain.

Her autistic rageouts are a horrible gimmick, and as someone who has always found sweet food absolutely disgusting her passion for it makes her come off as retarded in my eyes.
>>
>>157724654

It only happens to zoans, which can be fed to objects. It was theorized that a Zoan user would get, by default, the highest intelligence among his forms. Chopper gets human intelligence, and any inanimate object gets the intelligence of the animal the fruit represents.

>>157726035
>>157725778

They were partially linked to the soul, but yeah even in JoJo a stand and a soul are different things. Maybe with Perona fruit you could see stands.
>>
>>157726903
When are we gonna see Goldmember over here again?
>>
>>157726893
>>
can someone without resorting to memes tell me why Dressrossa shouldn't be considered a top tier arc? the only defense i've heard is weekly following is shit, but that doesn't mean it isn't a good story

Doffy was a top tier villian, in a top tier setting, with top tier subplots running through it

I think retrospect will be very kind to Dressrossa, as canonically taking down Doffy is the single most important thing Luffy has done yet, and he then immediately picks a fight with a yonko.
>>
>>157727109
Cause 4chan is contrarian by nature and we love to hate things. But yeah I agree with Dressrosa was pretty good, pacing was off but whatever. Wasn't too much of a negative for me.
>>
>>157727082

>little girl for no reason is strong enough to destroy an entire village of warrior giants
>"nah retard, stop baiting, this is totally consistent with one piece!"
>>
>>157726893
>Is big mom the most mary sue character in the series?
You don't know what that term means, so stop throwing it around.

She is a terrible character though, so far among the weakest villains in the story.
>>
>>157727025

I don't know about Big Mom, I like her as a villain, she acts like a true pirate in the sense that just lives to satisfy his greed and vices. However, her underlings are kinda lame. Her children are momma's babies that can't do shit without her, besides Katakuri I can hardly find anyone of them interesting, even when their powers are very interesting by themselves. It might be because, as much as people hated Dressrosa, at least Doflamingo's family was kinda charismatic and more individualistic.

However, Oda introduced a giant bird as the boss of the world's mass media, and while that doesn't make the arc or the writing better, I still appreciate that.
>>
>>157727189
But it quite literally is
Also learn what a Mary Sue is you fucking retard
>>
>>157727269
Who knew Big Bird ran the propaganda machine of the WG?
>>
>>157727109

I could rant on and on why it's by far my least favorite arc, but my biggest gripe was how the arc went on for literally years focusing on a bunch of fucking stupid side characters when only like 2 of them were good (bartolomeo, and maybe cavendish). They took most of the fights, they had way too much screen time, and it was just a mess of subplots way too busy and trying to be way too epic, while it was basically just a worse retelling of alabasta
>>
>>157727289
>But it quite literally is

Who's the retard?
>>
>>157727109

I disliked some aspects of it, but I liked it overall, until the Birdcage. That was the most retarded thing I've seen in OP. An admiral, a shitton of strong characters, and not even all of them could even scratch the Birdcage? Doflamingo can destroy an entire island by himself? Why doesn't he just makes little birdcages to beat everybody? If an admiral, all of the straw hats, and a bunch of strong captains from the new world can break it, if he makes a small birdcage to trap only one person, no one in OP should be able to break it.
>>
I want to cum inside the reindeer
>>
>>157727387

It makes me mad that people still defend bird cage,and if you dare point out the problems with it, fuckers will desperately try to pick apart your posts for even the tiniest most irrelevant inaccuracies and go "HA YOU'RE A SPEED READER, THAT MEANS I AUTOMATICALLY WIN THE ARGUMENT, I DON'T HAVE TO DEFEND BIRD CAGE ANY LONGER!"
>>
>>157727289

A Mary Sue is a character that is portrayed as perfect and flawless, and that sucks the attention of all the other characters around him. Big Mom is a giant retard, a literally retard, the only Mary Sueish thing about her is that every character pays attention to her, and it's only because she's an autist with a mental condition that could lead to their deaths. I don't see how could you possibly construct her as a Mary Sue. We're talking about a character that throws a tantrum over a wedding cake.
>>
>>157727269
>she acts like a true pirate in the sense that just lives to satisfy his greed and vices.
There's a ton of characters like that in the story already, and the all pull this same shtick without feeling like a literal caricature of a person.I don't know anon, she's just kind of lame and boring, specially after Do Fla.
>>
>>157721594
>gimme semla
>why won't anyone listen to me
>mother halp where are you
>>
Smoothie 4 nakama
>>
>>157727465

I could have accepted the Birdcage if the characters would have been able to break it, even if they did it on the nick of time. But no, the only way was pummelling Doflamingo. And what if Doflamingo stayed outside the Birdcage? There was literally no reason he couldn't have stayed on top of the Birdcage, outside of it, seeing how the island was being destroyed and no one could do anything about it.

I get Oda always tries to put a gimmick at the end of the arc where the island is about to get destroyed, but even Enel needed some conditions for his super thunder cloud. Doflamingo just said "fuck it" and threw a lot of strings to surround the island. He's an one man Buster Call, Gura Gura a shit, that's the stuff Blackbeard needs.
>>
>>157727109
Colosseum dragged on forever, too many faceless side characters, the side characters that got focus (Riku, Rebecca, Kyros) were absolute garbage, ADHD levels of scene switching which made everything feel really unfocused, too many chapters spent on running around, birdcage, Law's bullshit overpowered mary-sue fruit which required Law to be made retarded in order for him not to solve the entire arc himself.

It was just a genuine mess. It's definitely a low tier arc and I'm so glad it's over. Zou and WCI have been much more enjoyable and Capone is a far more compelling ally than Law.
>>
Big mom is actually turning out to be one of the better villains.

Like her motivations aren't bad; She wants to make a city with every creature in it and have the city made of candy.

She isn't evil for the sake of it and actually tries to be good despite horribly failing at it. She is a circumstance of her upbringing and being given retard strength which scares others from disciplining her.
>>
>>157727109
>top tier subplots
Colo fighters are introduced to take out Doffy's family here and there and some join Luffy's armada, the dwarves and Royal family I don't think anybody really gave a fuck about since Vivi did the entire plotline better a decade ago
Doffy himself jumps here and there, taking lots of hits and ultimately getting fucked at every corner, and then gets curbstomped by boundman just as he reveals he's awoken his fruit. Law really was too OP, but Doffy's BIRDCAGE being ridiculously unbreakable was laughably awkward.
Also, aside from Pica, his top execs went down pretty easily. Trebol gets defeated as mostly a gag, and Diamante has nice setup then gets whooped too fast. The pacing was just ALL over the place to balance the legitimate 30+ chars we had to follow, and it was just too much.
Not to even mention how 4 SHs were completely absent.
>>
>Elbaf is an island of giant fearless viking warriors who happens to celebrate the ramadan
/pol/ BTFO
>>
I dont really get the hate for BM. She's an autistic, multiculturalist, cannibal rapist. Pretty entertaining imo.
>>
>>157727499

Most of them have some boring and overcomplicated plan, this asshole is pure vice. She's like Scarface near the end of the movie. I agree it might not be the best kind of character, I just particularly like in that situation because it really gives the sensation that Yonko are powerful enough to rule vast regions of the sea while also being free spirits like Luffy, instead of people who has to plan and be careful all around like Moria, Crocodile or Doflamingo. It also shows how truly devastating can free spirits like Luffy be.
>>
>>157727704
And I hope Oda doesnt do a cop out and Luffy actually solo's BM. This is eeirely reminscent of Enel v. Luffy in the sense that Luffy had to tag team to beat his underling but ended up entirely BTFO Enel.
>>
I think i figured out why I don't really like WCI, when I saw how deceptively cute everything was along with Big Mom's design and some of the homies, I was hoping for a long adventure in a world of nonsense inspired by Alice in Wonderland (with Big Mom as the Queen of Hearts, naturally) and the Seducing Woods at the beginning of the arc hyped me up for that too, but after that nothing of the sort happened, which is just kind of dissapointing, after that everything felt really hurried to get to the climax
But that's just me though
>>
>>157727660

Did it ever explain why law didn't just go "oh yeah you're in my room doflamingo so now I'm just going to chop you into 100 pieces instantly"

please don't tell me it's just "haki"
>>
>>157727704
She was hyped as this all-knowing goddess of information, but now she doesn't know what her own kids are doing under her nose. Pathetic desu.
>>
>>157727853
He hit Doffy with his strongest attack which 100% should have killed him, but naturally Law was suffering from a terrible case of not-the-main-character-itus so it didn't work
>>
>>157727853
Law definitely tried to chop him into pieces and cut out his heart. There really isn't a better explanation than "lolhaki".
>>
>>157727853
I guess the reasoning is that Doffy could just dodge the slashes.

There's still no reason Law couldn't have destroyed the bird cage, switched Doffy into Trebol's body, or shambled Doffy into the ocean in the scene where he saved Sanji. It also doesn't make sense that Law doesn't just hurl a bunch of pebbles into the air and then constantly switch his and his enemy's position with them to keep the opponent disoriented and unable to dodge his unblockable fight-ending slashes.

Honestly, the plot induced stupidity for Law was immense. His fruit is one of the best in the series and honestly, very few characters could beat him in his Room if he weren't written to be a retard.

I hope he fucks off with Bepo shortly after Luffy gets to Wano and we never see him again.
>>
>>157727853
Well when there is a power whose entire story purpose is stopping people from instantly winning with their bullshit devil fruits that power is probably the answer to why they didn't instantly win with their bullshit devil fruit.
>>
>>157727893
Yeah but looking back at all of the villians, I learned to never really believe the hype, cause they all end up getting BTFO by a retarded monkey whose balls haven't even dropped yet.
>>
>>157726725
Yep. His hate is letting him cloud his judgement. WCI has been good.
>>
>>157722320
another user with two abilities like blackbear.
>>
File: One-Piece-866.zip-0866-006.jpg (342KB, 887x1300px) Image search: [Google]
One-Piece-866.zip-0866-006.jpg
342KB, 887x1300px
>>157727681
Big Mom is literally Merkel who took good ideas and then perverted them.
>>
>>157726826
>>157726888
It's almost as if people have different opinions or something.
>>
>>157728159
>perverted them
In what way? From what we've seen, her Totland is thousands times better than Carmel's little orphanage. The only thing that's wrong about it is Big Mom herself.
>>
>>157727893
Because the information becomes more difficult to get when the people who hold that information are under stress. When she was shown to be a goddess of information, those were under non-stress situations. There was no big confrontation when Luffy arrived on the island. There was no big confrontation when Sanji's past needed to be brought up.

The stressful situations the "intelligence officers" found themselves under exposed Big Mom's leadership style.
>>
>>157728237
Mont d'Or suspected Opera. Why didn't he check if Luffy was still in prison?
>>
>>157728225
>Because her version of multiculturalism is so great
Just look at forced marriages just so she can stuff her country with pirates, aka doctors and engineers.
>>
>>157728159
If you kill them, the Warriors of Elbaf win!
>>
What if Luffy had a big gun?
>>
Would Luffy be immune to a Black Mamba bite due to his resistance to poison
>>
>>157728361
He doesn't have resistance to venom though.
>>
>>157728361
Snakes are venomous, not poisonous
>>
>>157728361
Yes because blacks don't kill people unless it's in self defense
>>
>>157726687
>MUH KAIDO
>>
>>157728297
Do you follow through on every suspicion you have? I mean he could have, that doesn't always happen in the real world so I can't really say it's BS.
>>
>>157728225
Big Mom literally controls their souls and her family rules through fear. Caramel wanted a society of equals but Big Mom corrupted it by making it a totalitarian regime where diversity is forced and people are looked at as collectible items. Don't get me wrong its probably the best situation to be in compared to other villains but it is still a fucked up situation.
>>
File: IMG_5182.png (468KB, 472x710px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5182.png
468KB, 472x710px
Post cool pictures or I'll take you back to the past
>>
Big Mom only inherited Carmel's will in a superficial manner. She didn't truly grasp what Carmel was preaching.
>>
Do you guys also watch the anime?
>>
>>157728601
No, fuck you I hate anime. Manga too. Fucking weebs.
>>
>>157726112
>>157725901
Fuck off jojofags
>>
>>157728573
>Gooks making social commentaries on western follies trying to redpill kids with manga.
>>
>>157728618
Got back into watching it WCI cause animation got a lot better, before that it was unwatchable for most of New World.
>>
>>157728601
I read the manga first then watched the anime up until the timeskip, Toei's bullshit became too much for me, now I just look up certain scenes on YouTube
>>
>>157728673
Animation isn't even the problem, pacing is.
I won't watch the anime if it's fucking boring and does half a chapter per episode, with a half minute long reaction shots.
>>
>>157728601
Yeah. Although the pacing is a big issue, I'll still watch the anime due to the voice acting and fantastic OST. Some moments become better in the anime due to those 2 things.
>>
>>157728652
You'll be sorely disappointed when Luffy opens the borders of Wano
>>
>>157728673
It's not watchable now to be honest famalamadingdong
>>
>>157728720
>>157728733
Its not bad if you skip the recap. But they should really start doing fillers again imo, one piece had some great fillers back in the day and that would take care of the pacing issue.
>>
File: mifune.jpg (47KB, 600x602px) Image search: [Google]
mifune.jpg
47KB, 600x602px
>>157728507
>>
>>157728737
Fucking furfags
thats what she's going to be doing
>>
>>157727641
not to mention all the strong ass characters trying to slow down the cage when if they'd all just ganged up on doffy while luffy was recovering after the first g4 they could have squashed him in an instant, the state he was in
>>
>>157726687
Big Mom is cool but it really irks me how fucking stupid she and her crew even though they were hyped up to have a huge information network. Like yeah she's a tank but she's dumb as a fucking brick.
>>
>>157727596
smoothie 4 birthing me strong sons
>>
>>157728297
Because Opera's explanation was that the prison itself burned, and Luffy died in the book.

Hard to check that, especially if you are influenced by the Will of Speed D. Reader
>>
>>157728394
>>157728401
venom is just a word for toxins that are delivered hypodermically, it's a definition based on application method rather than composition (though they do differ). both venom and poison are toxins, but poison acts through ingestion and venom acts through injection into the blood
t. marine bio student
>>
>>157728507
is this a cool picture? :D
>>
>>157728942
It's alright.
>>
>>157726649
>raising your grandson and the son of your
death frenemy/equal willingly and saving them from death by doing it
>cuck
you aren't very bright are you

>>157728728
Opening borders doesn't necessarily mean letting millions of rapefugees into your country. Oda is centrist because he isn't completly braindead.
>>
>>157723668
Garp literally did more harm to the WG than good.
>>
>>157728957
Bigmoms problem wasnt that she was letting rapefugees in, it was that she was actively promoting diversity by nefarious means. I dont even think there are rapefugees in One Piece desu and the only political thing that Oda is getting at are that elites control society and treat the rest of us like trash. Which is very accurate and important to our current times desu.
>>
>>157729218
>rapefugees don't exist
What are Fishmen
>>
>>157729412
They more like niggers or something.
>>
>>157729218
Considering it's Big Mom, the immigrants are the ones getting raped.
>>
>>157729056
Garp is there to punch pirates, if he happens to follows Marines justice it's only a coincidence
>>
>>157729525
I'd say everyone are getting raped.

>Created her own Piratean Union by assimilating other pirate groups luring them with gibs and benefits.
>Then keep them with draconian soul sucking sanctions.
Jinbe is literally UK.
>>
File: bigmom.png (2MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
bigmom.png
2MB, 1600x900px
>>157729525
Doesn't seem to be too bad of a deal. She seems like she gives some great sloppy head.
>>
Guys I need some help.

My gf is writing One Piece fanfiction that actually sounds pretty cool desu

Is fanfiction autistic or no?
>>
>>157729705
You're in a board filled with autists so you should be fine. But take her fanfiction and murder her. 3d girls are not allowed.
>>
>>157729688
Sucking your life trough your penis like juice trough a straw.
>>
>>157729705
autistic
>>
>>157723210
the trash
>>
>>157723210
Why did you gave her asburgers?
>>
>>157729705
All fanfiction is by default autistic, unless it's thinly-veiled LOTR fanfic at which point you publish it as your own series and make a quick buck.
>>
>>157728942
Ace himself would have to be cool in order for a pic of him to be cool
>>
File: namixrobin.png (362KB, 605x441px) Image search: [Google]
namixrobin.png
362KB, 605x441px
>>157721666
sorry, but Nami's a carpet muncher who canonically sleeps with Robin every night and showers with her every day.
>>
File: yum.gif (1MB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
yum.gif
1MB, 800x450px
>>157722693
And I'm in her mouth
>>
File: satisified_bunny.png (627KB, 960x537px) Image search: [Google]
satisified_bunny.png
627KB, 960x537px
>>157728737
She's already been bred by me anon.
>>
>>157728942
Would be better without Ace's silhouette smiling.
>>
>HA HAHA-HAHA
>MA MAMA-MAMA

Why do we hate the anime again
>>
>>157729935
I mean if I was Nami I'd shower with Robin every day too.
>>
>>157721738
>>157724395

Whatever happened I think BM shrieeeeeeeks when she remembers and goes back into repressed memories happy land (which is why her kingdom is like a giant, sadistic disneyland)
>>
Big Mom ate Caramel in a fit of autism didn't she?
>>
File: one-piece-1668266.jpg (153KB, 725x1100px) Image search: [Google]
one-piece-1668266.jpg
153KB, 725x1100px
>that one time Buggy murdered a random mook
>>
File: Buggy D Clown.jpg (432KB, 728x784px) Image search: [Google]
Buggy D Clown.jpg
432KB, 728x784px
>>157730445
His reign had to start somewhere.
>>
Could Don Krieg be a competent Warlord?
>>
>>157730519
His men beat the fucking shit out of the cooks, clearly he's better as a commander than a fighter. So yes.
>>
Test.
>>
File: 21986469_p0.png (285KB, 613x613px) Image search: [Google]
21986469_p0.png
285KB, 613x613px
>only pass users can post now.
>>
The whole thread belongs to me now.
>>
>>
File: Enel (22).png (96KB, 200x176px) Image search: [Google]
Enel (22).png
96KB, 200x176px
I claim this thread in the name of the lord
>>
File: 48005350_p0.jpg (340KB, 1050x800px) Image search: [Google]
48005350_p0.jpg
340KB, 1050x800px
Jinbe is cute and nakama!
>>
File: 1438979207799.jpg (69KB, 414x381px) Image search: [Google]
1438979207799.jpg
69KB, 414x381px
Hiro has really outdone himself this time.
>>
Oda where is my nigga Ichiji?
>>
File: IMG_5199.png (907KB, 1400x1697px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5199.png
907KB, 1400x1697px
Post more best boy!
>>
>>157730759
Currently jobbing to the Big Mom flashback and we're back from jobbing to captcha
>>
CARROT IS A DIRTY FUCKING SLUT WHO SHOULD NEVER APPEAR EVER AGAIN
>>
File: homo faggot.png (624KB, 722x525px) Image search: [Google]
homo faggot.png
624KB, 722x525px
>>157731906
>>
>>157731906
>>
File: IMG_20170523_082431.jpg (55KB, 650x710px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170523_082431.jpg
55KB, 650x710px
Cute
>>
I hope Carrot will never join the crew.
>>
File: 1494808955654.gif (2MB, 600x340px) Image search: [Google]
1494808955654.gif
2MB, 600x340px
>>157732904
>>
File: carrot1.png (43KB, 193x290px) Image search: [Google]
carrot1.png
43KB, 193x290px
>>157731906
>>
>>157733351
Same, I genuinely think she's the only One Piece character I just absolutely hate, she has 0 personality and in the manga is boring and in the anime she's annoying as hell, she just keeps forcefully shoving herself into every fucking scene possible
>>
>>157730638
Your test results are back, my condolences, you are a faggot.

>>157733898
>she dies saving boss Jinbe
/a/ would love her then.
>>
>>157724654
>>157727059
I actually have a theory I'm sure many people share that even non-Zoan fruits can and do have an effect on their users' personalities; i.e., Mingo liking to control and manipulate people, Luffy always bouncing back from rough spots, etc.
>>
>reading old op chapters
>Krieg suspected that there was a method to beat devil fruit users
>>
>>157734469
Buggy also mentions that the marines hit him and Alvida with seastone lined nets (though he doesn't actually name it)
>>
>>157728158
>blackbear
>>
>Sanji jobbed to Pearl
>>
>zoro jobbed to yeti brothers
>>
File: friendly jewish cook.png (529KB, 437x720px) Image search: [Google]
friendly jewish cook.png
529KB, 437x720px
ODA, WHERES MY NIGGA FOXY
>>
>Sanji in Nami's body jobbed to Yeti Cool Brothers
>Nami in Sanji's body jobbed to Caesar
Everywhere he goes, whether in mind, body, and soul, he continues to job.
>>
>>157736397
Love trumps hate
>>
>>157736120
Feels bad man
>>
File: Friendly old three eyed.jpg (216KB, 1000x592px) Image search: [Google]
Friendly old three eyed.jpg
216KB, 1000x592px
ODA, WHERE'S MY NIGRESS PUDDING?
>>
>>157733351
Considering she hasn't done a single important thing since she first appeared 50-something chapters ago you have nothing to worry about

I genuinely keep forgetting she's in the arc.
>>
>>157737645
I dunno, Toei is pushing her pretty hard at least.
>>
>>157737709
just like rebecca
>>
>>157736397
Quite the accomplishment. Jobbing in two places at once.
>>
>>157737709
Because she's marketable
>>
>>157737889
Sanji even jobbed at his own introduction arc
>>
>>157737645
>all those important things Franky did
>all those important things Brook did
>>
>>157738017
Brook was immediately set up as a central character in Thriller Bark with pieces of his flashback being revealed very early on and being their most valuable asset in learning how to fight back against all the zombies. Saying he was unimportant in his own rescue arc id as retarded as saying Usopp wasn't important in Syrup Village because he didn't get a 1v1 fight.

Franky was such a focal character throughout the Water 7 saga between getting multiple fights, having a lengthy flashback, his involvement with Spandam and Pluton, setting the Usopp story into motion and having major scenes working alongside every member of the crew that you have to be shitposting if you think he didn't do anything.
>>
>>157738017
>>
>>157738164
yeah, brook was central character. Like Vivi or old guy from Baggy's ark. Just another princess to save.

Franky did as much as Carrot in his ark.
>>
>>157738345
The difference between Boodle and Brook is that Boodle was a non-player who was conveniently excused from the final battle after fulfilling his role in giving the fate of Orange Town some weight. Brook not only was an active player but one who had a much more complex design and backstory who Luffy requested to be a crew member multiple times throughout the arc and served a very obvious purpose on the ship. In other words, he was written as if he'd be a major character and not some useless townie like Conis' Dad or Tilestone and trying to claim that he read like one is ludicrous.

You're genuinely a fucking dumbass if you're downplaying Franky's role in Water 7 that much. Please reread that arc.
>>
>>157726649
THiS
>>
>>157738345
>>
File: dream.png (683KB, 749x879px) Image search: [Google]
dream.png
683KB, 749x879px
Reminder Big Mom is good girl and did literally nothing wrong.
>>
>>157721594

name a worse villain than big mom
name a worse flashback
name a stupider backstory
>>
File: 1495901180526.jpg (110KB, 762x464px) Image search: [Google]
1495901180526.jpg
110KB, 762x464px
Stop making flashback chapters.
>>
>>157739122
hody
vivi/kohza
kuina stairs death
>>
>>157727194
>She is a terrible character though, so far among the weakest villains in the story.
You will start liking her once she kills Bege.
>>
File: 454682652653.jpg (14KB, 258x300px) Image search: [Google]
454682652653.jpg
14KB, 258x300px
>>157738313
>>157739045
>Giving away (you)'s out of pity and despise
>there were other replies before
>>
can somebody please give me the link to the new translators site of one piece? mangastream is cancer.
>>
In hindsight, Dressrosa wasn't stretched out at all. It just felt like a lot of time and effort was dedicated to introducing characters that would be gone by the end of the arc, but when you consider that Oda had to not only create the entire Strawhat Fleet from scratch while establishing TWO separate monarchs in time for Reviere it actually went by pretty fucking fast.
>>
>>157739310
https://jaiminisbox.com/
>>
>>157739310
Sure, but they aren't that much better to be honest.

https://jaiminisbox.com/reader/series/one-piece-2/
>>
>>157739513
The part of Dressrosa that was garbage was the birdcage though
>>
>>157722381
what if a tree ate a devil fruit user?
>>
>>157739310
you are wrong
>>
test
>>
File: raideen.jpg (406KB, 1138x626px) Image search: [Google]
raideen.jpg
406KB, 1138x626px
>>157739544
>they aren't that much better to be honest.
>>
HA HAHA HA

MA MAMA MAMA
>>
>>157739680
I haven't read the chapter yet, which one is niggerstream?
>>
>>157739513
The only garbage part of Dressrosa was Doffy's piece of shit broken ass Devil Fruit, otherwise it was great, even if it lasted a little damn long
>>
>>157739836
Top.
>>
>>157739836
Top. Raideen is the name of the guy training Hajrudin, seen on the leftmost panel. Niggastream just put "Hajrudin" instead.
>>
>>157726035
the stand that can control spirits was somehow able to affect other stands with it.
>>
How many jobs would a joblose lose if a joblose could lose jobs?
>>
>>157727059
What will happen to your Stand if you create Horcruxes?
>>
>>157740161
I dunno, I dont know why voltermort didn't just hide one of them on the voyager probe before it launched.
>>
>>157740144
All of them.
>>
>>157740195
He probably doesn't even know what that is. And even if he did, he's too racist to rely on anything made by Muggles.
>>
Can we at least agree that the anime has top tier sound design?
The soundtrack and the songs tend to be great, at least.
>>
>>157740343
Why didnt he just use magic to throw it into space?
>>
>>157740542
>>157740195
A horcrux has to be found by someone for you to revive.
>>
Reminder that only Naruto/Bleach/HxH refugees dislike Big Mom because she's not "badass" enough for their refined tastes.
>>
>>157740542
Because JK Rowling can't write a consistent story, only food descriptions.
>>
File: transe.jpg (808KB, 1642x1176px) Image search: [Google]
transe.jpg
808KB, 1642x1176px
>>157739680
nice pick and choosing
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJlVvbsVLVY
>>
File: one-piece-1697144.jpg (284KB, 762x1200px) Image search: [Google]
one-piece-1697144.jpg
284KB, 762x1200px
What did she mean by this?
>>
>>157740929
>tard_boy theories
nope
>>
>>157727109
- Too many side-plots were introduced for a single arc to reasonably sustain, which resulted in the whole arc feeling bloated and the focus feeling inconsistent. Too many of the characters who took part in these side-plots were either uninteresting or annoying, yet a lot of the arc's energy was spent giving all of them time in the spotlight.
- Given the aforementioned side-plot/character bloat, shipping half of the Strawhat crew out of the arc early on felt pointless and as though these crewmembers were getting sidelined to make room for more useless gladiator characters.
- Doflamingo's fruit power was inconsistent to the point of feeling like "HAX" a lot of the time. Watching characters find creative ways to use their powers is one of the things that makes the concept of Devil Fruits in the One Piece universe such a fun one in the first place, and while Doffy had a bit of that creativity going on (sewing his own internal organs back together, razor-wire kicks), it was frequently able to do things "just because," like his ability to carefully control the movements of hundreds of people all over the island at the same time or create a lifelike clone of himself or the Birdcage being made of adamantium. To make a comparison between two Paramecia powers, Luffy's rubber fairly consistently exhibits the general properties of rubber, but Doflamingo's string exhibited the properties of whatever was convenient at the moment.
- The arc came to too many climactic points without actually ending. Combined with its overall length, by the time the final conclusion is actually reached, it feels tiresome rather than exciting. This is even true if you re-read the completed arc; it's not just a weekly reader complaint.
>>
File: IMG_20170424_093407.jpg (214KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170424_093407.jpg
214KB, 800x1200px
>>157740959
No wonder Nami is getting piped by Sanji.
He smokes and smile just like bellamere
>>
>>157727109
>>157741122
- As an anime-specific point, this arc came with a really noticeable decline in production quality which the show still hasn't really recovered from. In addition to wonky art and a lot of dramatic camera panning, around 6 minutes of every 22-minute episode consists of a slow, plodding, pointless recap, and once the Birdcage is introduced, you can expect this to be followed by at least 3 more minutes of watching herds of townsfolk crying as they run away from collapsing buildings while the Birdcage advances. You can also expect one villager to become incapacitated in some way before their fellows return to save them at the last second. It's mind-numbingly repetitive. And don't forget all of the flashbacks which were repeated IN FULL almost every single episode!
>>
>>157740542
>>157740597
This desu, you need the horcrux to reachable if you want to survive
>>
>>157740399
Yeah, it's pretty nice.
>>157740613
Fuck them, there is nothing more badass than singing creepy songs about cake with my minions:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnocrWPMJ3M
I bet those guys hate Alice in Wonderland because of the QoH, too.
>>
File: 1478115725575.png (26KB, 204x335px) Image search: [Google]
1478115725575.png
26KB, 204x335px
Parent: don't teach your kid how his/her destructive behavior has an effect on others, just tell everyone else to tolerate it.
>>
>>157736120
that was an actual case of jobbing and not the meme version. Zoro was many tiems stronger than the Yeti Cool Bros and should have had no problems with them, but had to lose in order to progress the story and hype them.
>>
>>157740613
I think the problem is that she was built up to be a badass, but then she's just a huge screaming autistic child
>>
>>157740722
>lamb's house
another mistake
>caramel
still wrong
>they dumped you here like a load of garbage!
niggastream's usual "spicing up"

what is supposed to be better?
>>
>>157721594
Find out in the next chapter
>>
>>157739680
There is no perfect group.
The Negroes do stupid things like using Hajrudin here, or the Dogtooth thing, but at least they avoid stuff like "Mountainbeard-sama". There's nothing wrong with using "lord" here, it certainly sounds a million times better.
>>
>>157741302
Carmel tried.
>>
File: photo.jpg (6KB, 100x100px) Image search: [Google]
photo.jpg
6KB, 100x100px
>>157741302
big mom a good girl
she dindu nuffin
>>
>>157741363
>>157741363
>another mistake
lamb house makes more sense than sheep's house, but I dont know japanese so you might be right.
>enough for their parents to not want to take their eyes off them/to not want them
>you made them be friends/wanted them to be friends

the jaiminisbox translation makes no sense in those cases, and in many others the english is plain awkward.
>niggastream's usual "spicing up"
which does not make it wrong
>>
>go to OP thread
>jaimini shills at full force
LMAO
>>
>>157741312
I don't remember, but didn't they attack sneakily and still fail? I mean, they put him to sleep, but Zoro still managed to save himself and the rest of the group through his slav-tier alcohol resistance.
>>
>>157733351
I hope Doffy is stronger than Cracker.
>>
>>157741557
>which does not make it wrong
what? completely changed what the kid said
>>
>>157741602
Once again, One Piece matchups aren't all about "Character A is stronger than Character C because they beat Character B" that's only part of it, the other part is actual character abilites and skill and how those match up
>>
>>157741300
What might the other Yonko's songs be?
Blackbeard:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZR3M0qnvW6o
Shanks:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcGU8OUXCDE
Kaidou:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zLfCnGVeL4
>>
>>157741828
I'd also like to point out that this is proven with Luffy vs Enel, basically the only reason Luffy managed to beat him is because he's made of rubber, otherwise Luffy was completely outclassed
>>
>>157741913
Ussop also defeated opponents way stronger than him.
>>
>>157741880
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzEKfFAbvNQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0FhAA6ozT0
>>
>>157741815
in both cases the meaning is that she got abandoned.
>>
>>157741598
>I mean, they put him to sleep
which means they succeeded.
>>
>>157742215
>haha she got abandoned
>they dumped you like a load of gabarge lmaooo
>same
do you also like when they use insults like "cocksucker"?
>>
>>157742215
You're the kind of person who embellishes every story you tell IRL, aren't you?
>>
>>157741958
>That Blackbeard song

Everytime. Are translations availables anywhere?
>>
>>157742796
do you want me to translate it?
>>
>>157741300
like a freaking acid trip
>>
so
when are we seeing okama mode sanji?
>>
>>157742299
They didn't, they wanted to kill him, but he cut the spikes he was supposed to fall on. I'd understand saying so if he was saved by outside force, but he did it by himself. They failed.
>>
>>157741958
That Blackbeard song is wonderful.
>>
>>157742811
I'd like to, I enjoy songs I can understand more.
>>
>>157743043
well I won't
>>
does the anime still have pacing issues?
I stopped watching after impel down.
>>
>>157742796
Certainly, just search on google.
>>
File: 1494509517681.png (58KB, 363x366px) Image search: [Google]
1494509517681.png
58KB, 363x366px
>>157742976
Nah, Nami is there to fight the girl for him now
>>
>>157743230
Worse then ever.
Just read
>>157741161
I honestly hope we'll get movie versions of Marineford, Impel Down, Dressrosa and Whole Cake, like that Arlong movie.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlm6PaVzt_4

Post AMVs
>>
File: sad kontata.jpg (32KB, 396x396px) Image search: [Google]
sad kontata.jpg
32KB, 396x396px
>>157743395
will we eventually get a one piece kai?
>>
>>157743395
>Dressrosa
>Whole Cake
>movie version
Those can only work for twenty-something chapters long arcs. Remember Episode of Alabasta?
>>
>>157742471
the meaning is the same. It changes the attitude and way of speaking of the speaker, but the meaning of what he says remains unchanged.
>>
>>157742662
the anon I was replying to said they had changed the meaning by translating as "dumped like a load of garbage".
That is not correct. The discussion wasn't about the quality of the translation but about whether its meaning was correct or not.
>>
>>157741152
Yeah right, Nami is a carpet muncher. I bet if she met Hina she would fall for her immediately
>>
>>157730129
Exactly because of that. It pulls a decent sequence to make people think the rest of the arc is going to be of that quality, and insufferable retards like you fall for it every single fucking time.
>>
>>157744068
Why do you keep saying this? Are you a roastie with a crush or something?
>>
>>157743556
Well, you're right.
It's such a shame, really, the animu used to be quite decent (considering it's a long-runner).
>>
>>157743454
This song works too well
>>
>>157744164
Yeah the anime is total shit.

It's nice that the movies are pretty high-quality tho.
>>
>>157742976
Right after the FB (hopefully brook/chopper will take on daifuku).
>>
>>157742976
Only when he's fighting alone.
>>
File: East Blue Gang.jpg (120KB, 492x550px) Image search: [Google]
East Blue Gang.jpg
120KB, 492x550px
East Blue > Grand Line
>>
>>157743878
>>157743960
"Attitude and way of speaking" are both part of "meaning" when it comes to writing and dialogue. Inflection and phrasing carries a lot of weight. Imagine if Franky spoke in the way that Zoro did - it would totally change the feeling of Franky as a character, even if the core meaning of everything that he said was still the same.

This really isn't something that can be debated. "She got abandoned" and "They dumped you here like a load of garbage" both carry totally different tones. Hell, the first statement isn't even addressed to Linlin directly, but the second one is. While both lines might be referring to the same event (Linlin being left at Sheep's/Lamb's House), one of them is a complete re-write rather than an actual translation, and that's the real issue here.

Don't get me wrong - I feel that almost every other example of dialogue differences in >>157740722 actually reads significantly better in the MangaStream version. But there's a difference between smoothing out phrasing and making it up from scratch, and MangaStream's habit of doing the latter has rightfully earned them some scorn here.
>>
>>157744946
>foreshadowing Brook this early
Oda really is a master
>>
>>157743230
Anime pacing has gotten so bad that I'm about ready to drop it for good, and I say that as someone who watched every single episode and even suffered through week-to-week airings of Dressrosa. A couple of episodes ago there was a bit where Reiju said something to Luffy and it then spent NEARLY A FULL MINUTE slowly panning past the face of every character present in silence before Luffy replied. It then panned past everyone's faces AGAIN.

When this is on top of like 5-6 minutes of recap at the start of every episode, dwindling art quality that regularly features proportions so fucked up that they even look stupid in the context of One Piece, and sound effects which as of recently feature no depth of sound whatsoever and are often completely unfitting/obnoxious (holy shit if I have to hear the DOINK DOINK DOINK from Sanji's siblings' shoes when they're onscreen one more time), it's unbearable.
>>
File: Concept art.png (866KB, 1500x872px) Image search: [Google]
Concept art.png
866KB, 1500x872px
>>157745171
He wanted a talking skeleton in the crew since day one.
>>
>>157744164
>>157744520
It really just seems like Toei doesn't give a fuck anymore. The pacing, art consistency, sound design, and music (so, basically the whole show) have all gone so far downhill that I'm surprised ratings haven't dropped in Japan. It sucks because I've been watching One Piece with my wife and best friend weekly for a couple of years now, and we're about ready to just drop it. The difference in quality between the anime and the manga is just too great at this point.
>>
>>157745339
Me on the far left
>>
>>157745339
>Only 3 good designs

what the fuck Oda?
>>
>>157744949
no, the meaning conveyed is the same, it's just expressed with different words which portray differently the personality of the character speaking or th context.

> both carry totally different tones

Exactly. Different tones to say the same thing.

>one of them is a complete re-write rather than an actual translation
All translations are a complete rewrite in a different language. But the meaning is maintained, that the child was commenting on Linlin being abandoned by her parents and thus her waiting for them was pointless.
>>
>>157745708
>All translations are a complete rewrite in a different language
No, you're thinking of shitty translations.
>>
>>157737645
Did the mirror world not count for anything?
>>
>>157744946
>blackwashed Merry
Fuck's sake Oda
>>
File: download.jpg (18KB, 297x170px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
18KB, 297x170px
>>157741152
Bruh Sanji is the biggest cuck in the series by far. All the girls he's most attracted to end up wanting to fuck someone else. Shirashoshi, Hancock, Vivi and Rebecca all wanna fug Luffy. Tashigi and Perona want Zoro's dick Robin clearly craves Franky's Robocock. Nami is a lot more ambiguous but either she's a carpet muncher or wants her captains balls in her mouth given how she loves getting grabbed and taken by him, allows him to slap her around, and clearly wants him to gobble up her titsu. And Luffy doesn't even care. The only piping Sanji ever gave were probably to Okamas but even then they were the ones who gangbanged him, proving once again just how much of a cuck he is.
>>
>>157746475
Don't fucking respond to him, you dumb retard
>>
>>157745339
>Luffy
>Zoro
>Nami
>Sanji
>Blackbeard Jr.
>El Muskeleto
>Tony Tony Flopper
>Edge Bandana
>Flying Midget
This was the best crew
>>
>>157743454
https://youtu.be/WqJcE7vg8ow

I fucking hate they lyrics, I hate the band. But man I love how great the sound goes with the images.
>>
>>157746530
Yeah you're right. He's clearly bait but his posts are clearly retarded so couldn't help myself there.
>>
>>157746475
>this autist again
Love your picture where Nami doesny followew the captains orders all for her beloved Sanji-kun.
>>157746530
>implying this triggered LuNafag can contain himself
You shouldve been here yesterday
>>
>>157746706
Nah its fine. No point getting into an argument over a shitty reason such as this. Keep your ships to yourself, makes the manga a lot more enjoyable desu.
>>
File: 15.png (25KB, 507x204px) Image search: [Google]
15.png
25KB, 507x204px
>>157746475
don't forget viola thirsting for god usopp D instead
>>
File: IMG_20170409_130309.jpg (133KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170409_130309.jpg
133KB, 800x800px
>>157746682
U mad
>>
File: Literally_Canon.png (707KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
Literally_Canon.png
707KB, 800x800px
>>157746817
>>
File: zgawbt9.png (396KB, 970x519px) Image search: [Google]
zgawbt9.png
396KB, 970x519px
will sogeking ever return?
>>
>>157746863
Only Sogeking knows, anon.
>>
>>157746863
Anon, but he's always in your heart
>>
File: luffy and vivi.jpg (226KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
luffy and vivi.jpg
226KB, 1600x1200px
fucking WHEN
>>
>>157746863
>Even Doffy trembles at the might of Sogeking
>>
>>157747315
Not gonna happen. Vivis too boring of a character to add anything to SH crew
>>
>>157746863
Sogeking died during the timeskip and Usopp inherited his will
>>
>>157747386
>Vivi
>boring
She may not be much of a fighter, but she's definitely not boring
But it's also pretty obvious that with how much Luffy gets compared to Roger, Vivi won't be joining the crew again, she'll be an ally, but not an actual crew member
>>
Thread's so dead
>>
>>157747386
Meh, let's see what happens in the Reverie Arc and if the Neferati family lose their royalty status
>>
>>157747315
Vivi belongs to Nami
>>
Carrot is a dumb fucking slut and will never join.
>>
>>157746863
He will star in a spin-off after OP ends along with Lucy, Mr. Prince, Friendly Old Swordsman and Gastino.
>>
>>157748546
She doesn't bring enough to warrant joining.

Caesar has far more interesting qualities and personality quirks, and he's not joining either.

Jinbei's joining feels temporary, like he's going to die in a few arcs, but gladly doing so since he'll be sacrificing himself to help Luffy.
>>
File: 1492742883676.png (422KB, 472x452px) Image search: [Google]
1492742883676.png
422KB, 472x452px
>>157748545
this
>>
>>157747386
happens with a lot of female characters
>>
>Jinbei's joining feels temporary
How does joining of a person built up to be a crew member for the last 8 years feel temporary?

>like he's going to die in a few arcs, but gladly doing so since he'll be sacrificing himself to help Luffy.
He's self-sacrificial tendencies and selflessness in general have been brought up as an actual flow at least two times. He's gonna get over it eventually. He'll put the crew before himself like anyone else, but he won't be as extreme about it as he is now. He's not dying, not until the end for sure.
>>
>>157749208
>flow
*flaw
>>
>>157749208
I thought Jinbe was 100% going to die until he brought out the sake cup with Big Mom, now I feel like there's 0 chance he dies.
>>
A New World Veteran who hung out with Whitebeard all the time doesn't belong in the Strawhats
>>
Yuri is degenerate, how are you supposed to SI when there are no dicks involved?
>>
>>157749446
we're all cute girls here
>>
>>157749381
Just like Grand Line veteran who belonged to bunch of different organizations including being a partner of a shichibukai? Especially after spending 2 years with Revolutionaries, am I right?
>>
>>157746611
>tfw i was a 12 year old kid who goes to the cyber to watch naruto amvs
>>
>>157749575
>cute

lies and slander

>girl
No girls on the internet.
>>
File: Monet.(ONE.PIECE).full.1278844.jpg (422KB, 1211x918px) Image search: [Google]
Monet.(ONE.PIECE).full.1278844.jpg
422KB, 1211x918px
>>157733351
I absolutely Don't care either way but doubt she will because she and Pedro are the Neko/Inumamushi parallel for Roger's crew and more likely are just temp crew additions that will get off later in the story before the endgame, and this waifustuff is missing the point of her relevance in the story.

Monet for Nakama!
>>
>>157721594

Future Nami left after the giants found out her "orphanage" was just a tax avoidance scheme filled with children.

Specifically, she left to go teach Chopper how to become a doctor.
>>
>>157749381
Don't understand this argument.
Jinbe is probably weaker than Sanji at this point in the story.
>>
>>157749734
Monet is dead
>>
>>157750335
Ask her if she reads One Piece ya dingus.
>>
File: one_piece_682_19.jpg (236KB, 800x1151px) Image search: [Google]
one_piece_682_19.jpg
236KB, 800x1151px
Rereading Punk Hazard, judging by Kinemon's reaction, Kaido (or one of his Calamitied) or the Shogun of Wano might have the Dragon Zoan fruit. The Shogun might be set up as a regular swordman for Zoro, and Kaido has a dragon tattoo on his body so this might be it.
>>
>>157750648
poor dragon
>>
>>157750648
The anime made that part even more creepy. Just a silly joke scene turning serious with the music stopping.
>>
File: IMG_4103.jpg (87KB, 750x465px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4103.jpg
87KB, 750x465px
>>157750335
>3D
>>
What a fucking jobber
>>
>>157750335
whats that got to do with one piece?
>>
>>157750911
why didn't he just chop his hand off and regenerate it
>>
>>157746563
>not Tony Tony Jobber
>>
Oldfag OP fans will appreciate this. Your welcome

https://youtu.be/IlHShJJ7v9E
>>
File: nice.png (204KB, 367x489px) Image search: [Google]
nice.png
204KB, 367x489px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxzBINKfM_4
>>
What's the difference between Hody and Arlong?
>>
>>157745708
You have no right to alter a character's personality.
>>
>>157751355
Octy said it. Arlong wouldn't hurt others fishmen. Hody would kill any fishmen not sharing his worldview.

Arlong had a reason to hate humans after what they did to Fisher Tiger, Hody just hates humans because that's how he's been raised.

Arlong has a sexy and cute sister, Hody apparently doesn't
>>
>>157751354
Post and rate OP amv's

https://youtu.be/b-VIvTO6q1U

This guys a pro really great timing . Above video is fun especially if you enjoyed fishman arc
>>
>>157751267
>>157751354
>>157746611

Kewl
>>
>>157751498
>Arlong has a sexy and cute sister
thats just your opinion man
>>
member when the one piece anime was good?
>>
>>157751589
You are definitely gay senpai
>>
>>157751619

See
>>157751267
>>
>>157751355
Arlong attacks humans only.
Hody attacks humans and fishmen alike.
>>
>>157748826
I think Oda has done a great job having characters that add diversity and balance to the crew. Vivi and Nami would share the same role in terms of comedy and she doesn't really have any skills that contribute to the crew.
>>
>>157751355
It's literally spelled for you during the FI arc, did you even read it?
>>
>>157749265
>now I feel like there's 0 chance he dies.
that's what people said about Ace when he was saved
>>
>>157750648
Reminder that Brooks is the wisest character in the SH crew.
>>
File: 1462277755670.jpg (158KB, 680x997px) Image search: [Google]
1462277755670.jpg
158KB, 680x997px
>>157729935

I would love to see Nami and Vivi reunite.
>>
>>157752023
Might happen this year, since most of the SH presents are tied to people who are confirmed or very likely to appears at the Reverie.

>Luffy and Sabo (and Sabo with the GOA Kingdom's king, his adopted brother)
>Nami and Vivi
>Chopper and Dalton/Kureha
>Jinbe and Neptune

Even Brook was a top member of a kingdom's army somewhere I forgot
>>
File: IMG_4207.jpg (252KB, 760x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4207.jpg
252KB, 760x1200px
>>157752023
>people still don't think Nami is a rug muncher
>>
>>157752219
Come on now. This is just shitty bait.
>>
File: 815.jpg (200KB, 797x1150px) Image search: [Google]
815.jpg
200KB, 797x1150px
>>157747315
>>157747498
>>157747573

Possible foreshadowing...?
>>
File: 3031702-monet+-1.png (772KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
3031702-monet+-1.png
772KB, 1600x900px
>>157750596
Except she isn't.
>>
>>157752427
Explain how she could have survived
>>
>>157752427
He literally had her heart stabbed. But even if she was alive her entrance would be too similar to that of Robin. Her personality is too similar to Robin's as well. So Imma say no.
>>
File: 1455234936917.png (2KB, 412x212px) Image search: [Google]
1455234936917.png
2KB, 412x212px
>>157752522
>>
>>157752338
Inb4
>BECAUSE HER MOM
fun fact: women who had a good relationship with their father like men who remind them of their dad
The same could be said of a lesbian and their mom
>>
File: jaiminvsmangastream.png (810KB, 1097x961px) Image search: [Google]
jaiminvsmangastream.png
810KB, 1097x961px
>>157745708
Some of the shit is retarded though just look at this beauty sleep line
>>
File: viz-stream2.png (647KB, 687x698px) Image search: [Google]
viz-stream2.png
647KB, 687x698px
>>157752696
do they still add ridiculous amounts of extra text?
>>
File: viz-stream4.png (302KB, 473x539px) Image search: [Google]
viz-stream4.png
302KB, 473x539px
>>157752791
>>
>>157752607
Yeah suuurrree. I'm not gonna get into a argument over this because shipping topics are cancer but she was simply having a moment thinking about her loved ones. Bellemere gave up her career and life for Nami, of course she would have a good relationship with her and thinking about that scene in a sexual context belittles it, imo. But you're free to think whatever you want.
>>
>>157752607
Trust me anon it's the complete fucking opposite.

Daddy is one thing, but if she starts acting juvinile around you it's 100% odds that she has had next to no masculine authority in her life.

MAYBE lesbians break this rule, but the comparison that Momma's boys date girls who mother them makes more sense.
>>
>>157751619
Yes last chapter was pretty good anon.
>>
>>157734161
Or they get fruits that conveniently match their personalities
>>
>>157734161
Nah you fucked up your theory by bringing up luffy cause his personality is the most stubborn and rigid out of any other character in the story. Literally the opposite of Gomu Gomu no Mi. And Kizaru fucks up your point as well.
>>
>>157752522
its one piece, bird guy survived a point blank atomic bomb just because
>>
>>157752696
The cat is in the table, now:

Yo dawg it ain't no shame in lettin' yer lil' furry puss on da friggin' table sometimes.
>>
File: IMG_20170515_214230.jpg (382KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170515_214230.jpg
382KB, 1536x2048px
Hey
>>
>>157753126
>anime
>>
>>157752696
one its a shitty translation, the other its a shitty localization.
>>
>>157753663
nice manhands on nami
>>
File: MSvsJB.png (1000KB, 1794x442px) Image search: [Google]
MSvsJB.png
1000KB, 1794x442px
What's with all the translation differences for this chapter?
>>
>>157753832
>goldberg
hmm
>>
File: sapu.jpg (211KB, 750x1102px) Image search: [Google]
sapu.jpg
211KB, 750x1102px
>>157753663
Member when SaNa fags got utterly BTFO. I member.
>>
>>157753911
>tfw sanji will never make that kind of expression at another woman
>>
>>157753703
Yeah the beauty one is a shitty translation by mangastream. No idea why they decided to translate it that way. The plain "wouldn't wake up" line is actually the correct translation. If you can read Japanese you would know that.
>>
>>157753987
Whats great about it is that theres no hint of peversion in Sanji's face. He's not having sexual thoughts at all and just sees Pudding as a thing of beauty. At this point the ship has long since sailed.
>>
>>157747386
>Zoro
>>
File: OBpZd.png (151KB, 381x280px) Image search: [Google]
OBpZd.png
151KB, 381x280px
>>157752522
>>157752567
Well, here we go again then...

WHY IS SHE ALIVE

The assumption is that stabbed heart = dead because that's the case in the real world, but we see in the very next panel, that Monet's heart is clear of the icicle. And given the way Oda responds to errors or unusual circumstances, to have had years of silence on WHY is a telling factor. The man creates entire types of wood or characters to explain errors in sequencing or artwork, the fact that he hasn't said a thing on this is a clear indication of it being important. Same with how he didn't answer questions about Sanji's North Blue past, even though he's had years to receive questions about it.

So, we are left with the conclusion that it IS important based on this behavior. Meaning there is no answer of 'Caesar moved it afterwards' or equally mundane answers that give us the same conclusion of death by stabbing. Monet IS alive because this is how Oda writes these sorts of situations. And this is excluding the fact that he goes to great lengths to avoid death in One Piece, even when said death has impact or purpose for the characters (G5 Marines, Pell, ALL of the Skypeia battles).
>>
File: 1490447711416.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1490447711416.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>>157753911
>Sanji given a girl a compliment
>>157753987
>>157754111
>the girl that all he could say about when wearing a wedding dress and MAKE UP was "cute"
>LuNafags are this delusional
>>
>>157754250
I wish you weren't a retarded namamafag because I agree with your whole "not dead" arguments
>>
File: 1453949704604.jpg (117KB, 911x877px) Image search: [Google]
1453949704604.jpg
117KB, 911x877px
>>157754250
HOW IS SHE ALIVE

Logia powers.

If Monet had been stabbed with anything else, she would be dead, but she was stabbed specifically with an icicle. Not a doctor's scalpel, or a dagger, or shot with his flintlock, or his gaseous 'blue sword'. An icicle. And snow IS ice. Chemically both are frozen water, with snow only different from ice by human perception. Shaved Ice is snow. Hail is ice. Even if falling was important, the action of stabbing covers that nicely. All the elements are there for her to control and survive this sort of attack from this sort of object.
>but we saw blood
At first. Gone in the next shot. Once the initial shock of 'I just got stabbed in the heart' wears off, she's going to have a lot of mental capacity left to react to that sort of thing.
>but she can't manipulate objects in a Room
Humans of all shapes and sizes have, in times of great physical stress or panic, been able to tap into reserves of energy and strength to exert power beyond their normal abilities. Remote control, especially along an object outside OF the room, could be possible, when Monet can focus on the pain of the object. She doesn't need to know what direction it's in, or where her heart needs to go, she just needs to transmute the icicle out of her heart. And she did. However, that must mental concentration and physical pain made her collapse, as healing such an intense wound would be exhausting.
>Logia can't heal their wounds
100 chapters ago, Paramecia couldn't turn objects into their ability. 350 chapters ago, there was no such thing as awakening. 500 chapters ago the Going Merry was going to be around forever. This is the New World, people and powers are stronger, to pretend one of the top agents of a man who could turn buildings into string can't, in a time of crisis, even manipulate a piece of her own element off of her is ridiculous.

tl;dr Fuck you. You don't get a tl;dr. Read it nigga.
>>
>>157754250
Dumb Monet poster
>>
>>157754253
>>157754250
The "I will be proven wrong when OP ends club".
>>
>>157722674
>>157724695
>>157722710

I watched the dub from episode 1-396 before switching off. I even came back to it while rewatching the series.

Bite me. Both are decent imo. Especially Zoro and Sanji
>>
>>157754386
Ice is Aokiji's turf. The rest is awakening = healing because it is required for this shit to work. Except if you are Aokiji or Akainu, then you don't heal, you lose limbs.
>>
File: ZoNami.gif (534KB, 500x336px) Image search: [Google]
ZoNami.gif
534KB, 500x336px
>>157754253
People who hate SaNa also hate any in crew romances. I don't like SaNa or LuNa, I like Frobin and ZoNa but I know it won't happen since Romance ruins the adventure.
>>
File: sacu.jpg (84KB, 540x439px) Image search: [Google]
sacu.jpg
84KB, 540x439px
>>157754253
Why do you think that anyone who pairs Sanji with anybody other than Nami is a LuNa fag? Go ahead though, its a free board after all.

Sanji's pretty much shipped with Pudding at this point though. Just look at this panel.

>Gets rejected by Nami, Robin, pretty much every attractive female character multiple times and comes out unscathed.
>Takes just one rejection from Pudding for the man to break down emotionally.

But I get it. You've been shilling SaNa for years and have gotten emotinally invested in that idea so your mind cant fathom that any other outcome is possible. Please dont kill yourself, its just a cartoon after all.
>>
File: monet and luffy.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
monet and luffy.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>157754491
>Ice is Aokiji's turf
What do you think the Yuki Rabi are made of?
>hardened snow
What is the difference between hardened snow and ice, beyond what we call it? Hell, what is hail's difference to ice?
>well ice grows on things and snow falls
Then how was Luffy getting frozen hugged by Monet? Are you telling me that she just has a little snowcloud above her? She's specifically autistically handicapped like that?
>>
>>157754700
Why Ace can be burned? Why Oda stated fruit hierarchies? Why you don't adress how Aokiji or Akainu never healed with their "awakening"?
>>
>>157754594
I'm not gonna give out my ships cause then the thread dissolves into cancer but I think that Oda might just say fuck it and follows his dreams with some romance with crewmates. I'm sure he has his ships after all.
>>
Arc will end with Sanji and Pudding baking Semla for Big Mom.
>>
Monet's DF is based off yuki onna. So it's not just snow, but a super cold wind that accompanies it. Just think of it as winter. Aokiji's is just straight up ice and only ice. It completely freezes whatever very quickly where as naturally getting frozen over a cold climate takes time.
>>
>>157754700
>What is the difference between hardened snow and ice
considering how magma can "burn" fire, I suppose Aokiji Ice power can get to lower temperatures than Monet Snow power. Like Monet can freeze a human but Aokiji can as far to reach absolute zero.
>>
>>157754856
Aokiji he pretty much controls the atmosphere he can drop it at an excelled rate faster then monet you fucking waifufag,
>>
File: 60309546_p3.jpg (246KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
60309546_p3.jpg
246KB, 600x800px
>>157754809
cute
>>
>>157754856
Nigger it took monet multiple seconds to freeze people Aokiji does it instantly his is colder.
>>
>>157754856
You saying yuki-yuki > hie-hie?
>>
File: robin_and_law_family_by_iurypadi.jpg (217KB, 756x1058px) Image search: [Google]
robin_and_law_family_by_iurypadi.jpg
217KB, 756x1058px
>>157754808
Can you tell me your ships, I'm genuinely curious.
The thread will die in a few hours so let go of the cancer. There's always a new thread anyway.
>>
>>157754783
>Why Ace can be burned?
Protecting his brother was more important than avoiding a haki-powered blast. Caesar has not shown any haki control, and so this was a simple attack.
>Why Oda stated fruit hierarchies?
To express the potential of devil fruits, not of individuals. If a devil fruit user with Ace's Fruit is always bound to lose against Akainu's Fruit, why would Sabo ever take it? In fact, why would ANYONE take it? You would signal yourself to be defeatable by the Marines forever. The strength of a fruit is not the collective strength of its user, and Sabo is clearly planning to try and defeat the Marines with the same fruit as the former son of Gol D. Roger for propaganda purposes. The strength of the lineage of their greatest enemy is now in the hands of the Revolution, that's pure revolutionary credit right there.
>Why you don't adress how Aokiji or Akainu never healed with their "awakening"?
Because they've never stated that their ability is a concept of awakening. Logia power is determined by your ability to manipulate and correct against the flaws and circumstances of your fruit's power, the normal goal is to become completely intune 24/7 with that fruit. That isn't 'awakening' to the next stage or powers beyond, it's just increasing what was already there.

I agree that Logia 'awakening' will be a thing someday, but your insistence on 'awakening' seems to only be to later say 'Monet is too weak to awaken' as others have gone before, so I'm not going to play on that logical field with you for a game of 'yuh huh/nuh uh'.
>>
If Monet isn't dead why didn't she call back Doffy?
>>
>>157755220
Ah fuck it, might as well.

LuffyxNami
ZoroxTashigi
SanjixPudding
FrankyxRobin
ChopperxMilky(not sure thats her name)
UsoppxKaya

Nothing too surprising, I just think based off the story thats where it will go.
>>
>>157755134
I'm not sure how you read my comment and thought I was defending Monet in any way. Jesus, you seem way to invested in this whole argument.

Basically, Monet's fruit is winter so naturally Aokiji's fruit is much stronger.
>>
>>157755334
She passed out, and when she got up Doffy's already halfway across the ocean running on skyhooks.
>>
>>157755427
Someone else from the family would have picked up the den den mushi
>>
>>157755180
That's exactly what I said. You fucking dumb niggers can't into english or what? WTF do you think "It completely freezes whatever very quickly where as naturally getting frozen over a cold climate takes time." In other words, Aokiji's freezing is much much quicker than Monet's freezing.
>>
>>157755334
or fly to Dressrosa for that matter.
>>
>>157755259
Ace pondered why was he burned. Akainu told him "my fruit is stronger than yours" not "my haki/you were careless".

Magu magu vs Mera mera: Ace burned
Hie hie vs yuki yuki: Monet freezes.

Also if a battle to the death was not enough for 2 of the most powerful characters to "wake up" then nothing is. If we can take anything is maybe that logia's awakening alters the climate. In your case the entire thing is contingent on healing, it MUST heal.

You are a dishonest shit anyway, last time we argued you went: I will be proven wrong when OP ends.
>>
File: tumblr_nivkkfAM791u86ko8o1_540.png (281KB, 540x396px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nivkkfAM791u86ko8o1_540.png
281KB, 540x396px
>>157755417
Except for LuNa and ChoMi?, I have the same ships.
>>
>there are about 10000 arguments for why Monet is alive, all of them posted somewhere within few weeks since her death
>Monetfag still makes up his own bullshit ones

That's why I like this madman.
>>
>>157755559
Yeah, LuNa could go either way. I just personally like the ship given their history and how especially after the TS Nami seems to be getting a lot more physical with Luffy. But he's a retard so he may never get the hint.

Chopper could end up with Carrot, I haven't put much thought into his pairing cause there's not much to go on. Who do you think they'll end up with?
>>
>>157755466
Even disregarding the 'sure just pick up the boss's secret phone line for him, the one that probably has connections to all sorts of things that he only even lets his four top guys know about too' thing, if someone did that, why would it change anything in the story? Doffy's not going to be in phone range until he's on the island, no one can tell him unless he gets to a den den mushi that connects back to Dressrosa.

Hell it would make things make more sense. Doflamingo's not so upset after he gets back, Sugar doesn't seem worked up about her sister's death (or Vergo's either, original gang-of-four member he was and all), no one references it, etc.
>>
>>157755499
>last time we argued you went: I will be proven wrong when OP ends.
The problem is, when it comes to characters' deaths it's simply true. Unless you have direct confirmation like narrator, Oda, or at least a grave (still could be doubtful depending on circumstances). Just "no one could survive it" won't cut it no matter what happens.
>>
File: 22.png (152KB, 852x297px) Image search: [Google]
22.png
152KB, 852x297px
>>157755730
>Yeah, LuNa could go either way
NO
SHIPPING
BETWEEN
CREW MEMBERS
What's so fucking hard to understand?
>>
File: 4434856-hody+jones.png (715KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
4434856-hody+jones.png
715KB, 1280x720px
We have some fighting in Fishman island and even end the conflict.
http://www.livestream.com/thisfinetemperedstream
Bring soy sauce.
>>
>>157755862
I mean, he made some predictions but told me that if the prediction is wrong he'll adjust (ad hoc) to the situation. Which ended in the famous "I will be proven wrong when OP ends" as honest as doomsday predictions.
>>
File: 55144864_p4_master1200.jpg (373KB, 966x1200px) Image search: [Google]
55144864_p4_master1200.jpg
373KB, 966x1200px
>>157755499
Okay either you're drunk or you're an ESL forgive me if I don't understand your butchered english but I'm gonna try and keep dissecting this.
>Ace pondered why was he burned. Akainu told him "my fruit is stronger than yours"
So you're not talking about when he took the blow for Luffy, but the fight beforehand? Well, again, fruits are not the limit of a person's power. Shanks blocked Akainu's fist with a sword, there's levels beyond levels beyond levels at stake here. Ace couldn't do it, but that's not an indication that everyone else with his power couldn't as well. The reliance on a tool or ability as a buffer has been the downfall of constant villains in One Piece and many other places as well, autistic calculations of strength don't stop the good guys winning in the end.
>Also if a battle to the death was not enough for 2 of the most powerful characters to "wake up" then nothing is.
I didn't say they hadn't awoken, I'm arguing that it wouldn't take awakening to survive this attack. And again, maybe it was awakening or a flash of it, again, survival power, grandmas lifting cars to save people that sort of thing.
>You are a dishonest shit anyway, last time we argued you went: I will be proven wrong when OP ends.
What the fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>157755979
Was he talking about her death or something else, like joining the crew? In the case of the latter he was already proven wrong in PH. But for the former, "Oda doesn't kill" is and always has been the primary argument. Oda did neither kill non-super-minor characters without a reason before Monet, nor did he after. Technicalities and exact circumstances don't matter.
>>
File: dreams.jpg (138KB, 1520x1200px) Image search: [Google]
dreams.jpg
138KB, 1520x1200px
>>157755864
I get you and you're probably right. But you gotta understand why One Piece has so many shippers including myself. These people have been traveling together for several years(in our lives) and had so many vaguely romantic interactions that the idea naturally comes to people. Its really hard not to for most people. And its always fun to speculate. Let a man dream.
>>
File: tumblr_oqm7aeOkrP1vxm3vpo1_500.jpg (86KB, 413x600px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oqm7aeOkrP1vxm3vpo1_500.jpg
86KB, 413x600px
>>157755730
Alright then, LuNa is a cute ship and I can understand why people like it. I don't personally know the appeal of SaNa since it's just Sanji's gag.

Chopper doesn't find anyone attractive except his own species so I doubt he get together with Carrot. Millky is the way to go.
>>
How does one thread go to shit so fast?
>>
File: one-piece-3493063-2.jpg (382KB, 800x1178px) Image search: [Google]
one-piece-3493063-2.jpg
382KB, 800x1178px
>>157755979
>I mean, he made some predictions but told me that if the prediction is wrong he'll adjust (ad hoc) to the situation.
Oh that? That's how you extrapolated it? Okay I see what you mean now.

Yeah, new information comes to light I'll adjust as needed, but that's the difference between 'I don't think X can do that' to 'I think Monet was standing here because the page shows her doing so' adjusting.

The core of my theories haven't changed. Monet threw the note, at first I didn't have proof she was standing at the right angle to do so so I didn't add it, but upon reflection with pic related I realized she was.

I used to have to argue that Yuki Rabi would replenish itself underwater but upon realizing it's made of ice I since stopped using that argument.

>monet threw the note
>monet survived the heart stabbing
>there was no explosion that took her out
>she followed the strawhats

None of these arguments have changed in the years I've been here at their core.
>>
>>157756269
i think the idea behind the SaNa ship is that Sanji has been consistently trying to get into Nami and Robin's pants, more so with Nami. They also share some characteristics such as intelligence and Nami has been using Sanji for her own gain throughout the series. So those shippers see that pairing as a good payoff imo.

But I can never see that happening because the "spark" just aint there for me.
>>
>>157756318
No thread can survive Monetfag and Shipperfag combo.
>>
File: Angrily spin furiously for hours.gif (585KB, 915x1144px) Image search: [Google]
Angrily spin furiously for hours.gif
585KB, 915x1144px
>>157756318
Threads are always shit with no clear subject to talk about.
>>
>>157756318
It only took over 400 replies.
>>
File: nami's face.png (1MB, 797x1301px) Image search: [Google]
nami's face.png
1MB, 797x1301px
>>157755864
What Oda meant by this is that he's not going to write romantic plotlines into his manga. There wont be overt shipping chapters or storylines between crew members. What this doesn't mean is that crew members wont end up in romantic relationships during the epilogue, for instance.
>>157755730
Luffy and Nami are cute together. I think Luffy feels like Nami shares his affinity for adventure, for example: they spent a lot of time together on sky island with a lot of varying interactions, they fight enel together, he wakes her up to share his adventurous plan of running off with the gold, and that's just one old arc. Generally, Luffy is just always looking out for her. Even if it's through sending Sanji or Jinbe in his stead, guys he knows are strong and will get the job done.

Nami was the first nakama he was really able to protect, see pic related. He has a special connection to her because of this, and Oda has Nami's face show up as the only other crewmember in the panel here to really hit it home that it means something to him.
>I couldn't save any of them, not even Nami.
>>
>>157756159
Is magu magu stronger or weaker than Mera mera? Same for Hie hie vs Yuki yuki. Monet can't control ice.

I am saying that in your case Monet's awakening is healing, why? Because it MUST heal. Hie hie? Nah, magu magu? Nah. Yuki yuki? HEALING.

When is Monet going to appear and what she will do? Kaido arc as an antagonist again?
>>
>>157756381
Why she tried to kill Chopper?
>>
>>157721594
Then chapter resumes and luffy punches big mam in the most comedic way possible
>she dies
>Luffy becomes a yonkou by accident
>>
>>157756479
>posting tumblr shit
>>
>>157746863
is this shit for real
>>
>>157756529
You sound exactly like a NaruSaku/IchiRuki shipper
>>
File: sketch-1494340024158.png (992KB, 720x1050px) Image search: [Google]
sketch-1494340024158.png
992KB, 720x1050px
>>157756428
Makes sense. Sanji is too much of a pervert for Nami, Pudding is the only one who can rein him in.
>>
>>157756267
It doesn't have "so many shippers". It has way less than Naruto or Bleach, and that's exactly because romantic plotlines were virtually nonexistent before Hancock, and even after they weren't too prevalent. Most of the shippers are just people that like to ship for the sake of shipping. Not that I mind as long as you won't go full shitposting autist.
>>
File: tumblr_o1u90toY8z1stnldjo1_1280.png (2MB, 1280x1857px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o1u90toY8z1stnldjo1_1280.png
2MB, 1280x1857px
>>157756650
I could have posted worse.
>>
>>157756781
>That Nami
>>
We need a cover story on the current doings of Kuro, Don Krieg, and Arlong
>>
>>157756584
Molten rock is not the process of energy explusion via combustion. Frozen water IS Frozen water.
And even if were to compare the two circumstances, a rock of magma would not be the same as a person USING magma. Hell, it would make more sense if Ace's confusion is because he HAS dealt with Magma before so being burned by it now is surprising. Monet wasn't dealing with Aokiji's power, she was dealing with residual ice from years later, well out of his control.

And that statement makes no sense. Logia can't heal from attacks by their own physical element unless they've awoken their abilities? When has there been a situation that Aokiji or Akainu have been attacked by respective parallels like that? Who attacked Aokiji with ice? Who attacked Akainu with magma?

>When is Monet going to appear and what she will do?
When she does. I'm not going to try predicting the exact sequence of events unless I have a solid theory behind it. I mean, I conjecture that maybe if Caesar's being left alone right now, and we've gotten more anonymous messages, Monet might show up there to 'rescue' him without the context of why he's helping and complicate the situation, but that's just a possibility.
>Kaido arc as an antagonist again?
Maybe.
>>
File: 1492421650999.png (584KB, 540x763px) Image search: [Google]
1492421650999.png
584KB, 540x763px
>>157756781
That doesn't even look like Nami
>>
>>157756781
anyone else getting baki vibes from this? is it intentional?
>>
There's 0 chance Carrot joins the crew.

The other characters had their own entire plots before joining: Nami and Arlong, Sanji and Fullbody, Robin and Enies Lobby, Chopper and Wapol, Ussop and Kuro, Franky and Water 7, Brook and Moria.

Carrot is a literal who with no plot relevance.
>>
>>157722910
It would have to be s specific fruit though anon. That would explain how they have books cataloging some fruit powers. So the Fart fart fruit would only be from a bean or something
>>
File: onepiece67905-edit.jpg (102KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
onepiece67905-edit.jpg
102KB, 640x360px
>>157756624
>Why did she try to kill Chopper?
Fixed that for you.

Personally, she wasn't really trying in that fight. One coreographed chomp anyone could block, a shoulder stab to incapacitate the back-breaker, and only getting serious when Zoro steps up. Rest of the fight is snow walls and snow barriers. Just endless distracting for time.

Hell she doesn't even go after him despite seeing him. She waits to save Caesar at the last minute, plays around with Luffy and THEN goes to stop the kids. Vergo didn't waste time, he got back to the SAD room and waited for Law to come back.
>>
>>157756988
If the fruits have nothing to do with one another then there is no reason for Oda to say that magu magu is better and can "burn" the mera mera user.

I am talking in general terms. Why yuki yuki has healing properties? Because it MUST have them, you beg the question. Other logias don't, just this one.

I should adress your "Monet feels her heart" so, who can escape Law's scalpel for reference? Or you will beg the question again?

>>157757342
You saying she is crossing Doffy?
>>
>>157757282
Carrot is a Kaido spy.
>>
>>157757528
woah
that actually makes sense
>>
>pirate metal
oddly fitting
>>
>>157748606
Don't forget Condoriano
>>
>>157757431
>Why yuki yuki has healing properties?
I'm saying she can make herself intangible and put herself back together that way. Like all Logia. It's like those spray-on skin treatments as grafts, adding more material that gets accepted by the body to patch a wound. If it were another form of weapon she wouldn't have been able to do this, but it was an icicle, i.e. inside her realm of control.
>"Monet feels her heart" so, who can escape Law's scalpel for reference?
She feels it the same way Law and anyone else can 'feel' their heart, when something is going very very wrong. It's why she looked at her chest when she was stabbed, she knew she'd just been attacked in her heart. What she also had to have sensed then was that the tool being used is the same sort of material she's used in attacks; frozen water. Therefore, she just had to manipulate her heart out from the protuding object (the icicle) It didn't matter which direction, just OUT of from under the icicle, which in >>157754250 is what we see has happened.
>>
File: 1480040495108.jpg (32KB, 600x602px) Image search: [Google]
1480040495108.jpg
32KB, 600x602px
>>157755417
>LuffyxNami
>SanjixPudding
>SaNafag was right all along
K y s
>>
>>157757631
why?
>>
Hearts taken by Law's scalpel are not affected by the person's devil fruit powers.
>>
>>157757751
why they had to use seastone to stab em with?
>>
>>157757714
No thanks.
>>
>>157756529
All of your points are explained by who Nami is you fucking retard.
>>
>>157757751
Even assuming that that was true, the containment was breached by the icicle and therefore outside of the heart. She wasn't restricted then from manipulating the heart until the icicle was cleared of the 'Room'.
>>
>>157757747
Because she's obviously not joining the straw hats, and she seemly has no purpose in the story.

She also seems to have a relationship with Bariete who is 100% a Kaido agent.
>>
>>157757714
I ship Luffy x Hancock and Sanji x Pudding
>>
>>157757824
>Bariete who is 100% a Kaido agent.
is he?
>>
>>157750648
>Hates dragons
>There is a major character named Dragon

What could it mean?
>>
>>157757870
>>157757870
>>157757870
>>157757870
New thread.
>>
File: tumblr_mzvc66mOx31ss6d8to2_500.png (170KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mzvc66mOx31ss6d8to2_500.png
170KB, 480x640px
>>157757714
>implying all SaPu shippers like LuNa

I ship Hancock and Luffy.
>>
>>157757706
But Akainu and Aokiji can't do that. They have to deal with heavy scars and lost limbs.

Smoker stated that you can prevent (keyword) Law's influence if your haki is strong enough. Law never sliced Doffy with his distance space-cuts. He had to make contact. So, who can escape the scalpel? Monet because she NEEDS to? She heals and can escape Law's influence because you require it?
>>
>>157757868
Unless Carrot is actually the only agent, and he just found out about it.
>>
File: cant live without eachother.png (419KB, 1420x342px) Image search: [Google]
cant live without eachother.png
419KB, 1420x342px
>>157757776
>who Nami is
A person that Luffy can't live without?
>>
>>157757928
>So, who can escape the scalpel?
People in Monet's circumstance. She was manipulating herself off of an object outside of the scalpel's range, but only slightly. And she could picture how to get out of it because of the pain giving her the context. A heart attack gives you specific localized pain in your chest that you can locate mentally, that would be enough for a Logia user to work with.
>>
>>157758097
Theres no point arguing over ships anon. It leads to nowhere but cancer.
>>
>>157757995
Is there more, might as well go all out.
>>
>>157758254
When was it stated that such "feeling" can let you off the hook with Law?
>>
File: 1492625435405.gif (2MB, 360x200px) Image search: [Google]
1492625435405.gif
2MB, 360x200px
>>157758408
>>157758445
Nice.
>>
>>157758408
>>157758445
>Already deleted
Come on, the sub is dying and it's hidden.
>>
Little baby janitor testing his newlyfound powers, only to find out his actions hold no merit.
>>
>>157721594
obviously Big Mom ate her Mother on accident
>>
It's interesting that Linlin's situation is so much like the Punk Hazard kids with the giant sized body despite having human parents and addiction to 'candy'/candy, that triggers rages when unfed.
Thread posts: 519
Thread images: 116

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.