[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why has the average fan-TL quality of manga been going down so

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: img000003.jpg (510KB, 764x1200px) Image search: [Google]
img000003.jpg
510KB, 764x1200px
Why has the average fan-TL quality of manga been going down so much in recent years?
>>
>>157567329
Because the average number of fan translators has been going down.
>>
>>157567329
Scanlator of this is a Spanish group
Anon shouldn't have dropped it
>>
Because the manga community became infested by normies who don't complain about and in fact eat up shitty translations, encouraging more shitty not-even-N5's ESL's to TL and discouraging good TL's when they see no one even cares if they do a good job, making them give up/move to commissions.
>>
too many esl-kuns
but also it's never been fantastic
>>
File: img000006.jpg (481KB, 764x1200px) Image search: [Google]
img000006.jpg
481KB, 764x1200px
Seriously
>>
in desperate times, you keep what you get.
>>
I fucking hate Whitepod
>>
>>157567329
Casualfag fans getting used to shitty and literal translations now demand them since those are the only types they've ever read, thinking literal = better translation
Literal translation =/= localization

Actual good scanlators finding that it's an unrewarding job for the most part, and for no pay or compensation, most would only do it for free and internet points out of real love for the series.

A lot more commercial companies are picking up manga in a slightly more timely fashion. Why try or even compete when you're going to be C&D'ed in a few months?
>>
>>157567329
I'm a part of a scanslation group and all i have to say is that chink scans are not the same as the past.

It's over guys, they won & fucked our way to live.
>>
>>157567329
I wouldn't complain if I were you. Remember when faggots would slap anime dialogue onto manga raws and call it a day?

>>157567419
>normies
Fuck off, /r9k/.
>>
I work as a proofreader, but I have to say that what we release is pretty decently high-quality. The pages are cleaned up real nice, and our translators are pretty good.

However, I have seen quite a few translation groups drop series or go MIA recently. Maybe the problem is the ones doing the low-quality scans are a little inexperienced
>>
I guess some people also just moved on and TL other stuff like VNs(Irru and Trip) LN/WNs etc.
>>
>>157568014
Speaking of that, the translator that I work with has also expressed interest in translating LNs and games
>>
File: Best girl.jpg (390KB, 764x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Best girl.jpg
390KB, 764x1200px
Best Girl
>>
File: Even better.jpg (59KB, 580x858px) Image search: [Google]
Even better.jpg
59KB, 580x858px
>>157568131
Becomes even better
>>
>>157567329
>no /djt/ on /a/
>less people learning japanese for chinese cartoons
>less quality fan-TL
Hmmm
>>
>>157569329
>Implying people in the DJT ever did anything useful
>>
>>157567329
Manga scanlation's average quality has always been low. You just never paid attention back then. Go dig up some of the older TLs and I'm not even talking about that notorious GTO one.
>>
>>157567329
What are you talking about?

Last decade like half of fan translations were in broken English or were translated in a way that made no sense whatsoever. The average quality is much better now.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.