[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this the biggest character development fuck up in the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

Is this the biggest character development fuck up in the history of anime?
>>
File: This triggers the Zfags.webm (3MB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
This triggers the Zfags.webm
3MB, 512x384px
Not a fan of the shift in tone, I take it?
>>
The only "fuckup" was having Gohan all of a sudden become an edgy psychopath in the spur of the moment during the cell saga. It goes completely against everything that he stands for.

Saiyman Gohan is totally consistent with his personality. He's only ever fought to help people, but he's a pacifist at heart.

The Cell saga in general was such a fucking trainwreck.
>>
shut the fuck up bitch, the Great Saiyaman is great
>>
>>157534660
Yeah so great he almost lost to a fucking movie actor possessed by Toriyama ripping off Starro.
>>
>>157534714
So you're mad because the Great Saiyaman isn't the strongest and you're calling that poorly done character development?
>>
>>157534536
>It goes completely against everything that he stands for.
I don't think it was like that because he warned Cell what would happen if he snapped and then he snapped when Cell stomped 16's head. That scene was very good, but they pretty much ruined Gohan after that fight. Mystic Gohan was cool and should have been how he differentiated from Goku after it was revealed her was Great Saiyaman.
>>
>>157534536
Gohan was the same psychopath all his life. he did kill raditz as a 5 year old child remember?
Gohan warned cell what would happen if he broke him. that he wouldn't be able to control himself. Gohan tapped into power that he had never seen or felt before. So of course he couldn't control himself from feeling the power of hurting something for pure pleasure
>>
>>157534740
There's a difference between Strongest, and having trouble taking on a random guy with alien steroids
>>
>>157534536
Oh yeah. He should have stayed pacifistic even after his father had been killed. At least he would be "consistent" in that case.
>>
>>157534908
>he did kill raditz
gr8 b8 m8
>>
>>157535513
everyone knows piccolo just finished the job. gohan was the one who did all the legwork
>>
>>157534010
He should had cont training, at least not falling begind goku's ss3.
Also the studio dun goofed when they gave it green-orange color pallete. Should've been Gold Silver to match super saiyan aura.
>>
>>157534010
The big fuck up is when Gohan in RoF
>>
>>157534536
Gohan always had anger outbursts when he got his shit pushed, and the SSJ transformation was supposed to increase aggressiveness. And what do yo mean by psychopath? Killing the Cell jrs.? They were fodder that exploded on a single hit, they barely count.
>>
>>157534010
The fuck up started when he got his energy stolen the first time.
>>
>>157536528
that was so retarded
>hey let's give them all the power because surely even if they don't get the power they'll return to their master but where's the fun in that.
>>
>>157534536
>kid watches father die
>expected to not have a mentally disturbed reaction

k
>>
>>157537956
Him going psycho was the reason behind Goku's death, not the opposite. Have you ever seen the show?
>>
>>157536927
My only logically explaintion is that they didn't think that they could get Buu like half his power in one person
>>
Fuck off, Saiyanman was much better than edgy Gohan. Him actually using his powers as a super hero while also pursuing academics made him an actual character instead of his father's clone. No one else on the series bothered with helping people in day to day life if it wasn't earth bending. It was really great. Ssj2 gohan being fucking insane, which caused the death of Goku, Trunks and Kai was not a good character.
>>
>>157536927
It wouldn't have been a problem if Vegeta and Goku didn't chimp out like they tend to do. They couldn't easily overwhelmed Dabura if they fought him, Vegeta intentionally became a majin and Goku kept SSj3 hidden. Shin tried his best.
>>
>>157538106
>characters giving in to their emotions in traumatic situations isn't "good character"
The point of this fight was for Gohan to release his anger, consequences be damned. And well, it actually had consequences. Saiyaman is great, by the way. What's shit is idea of Gohan ditching his training after the wake up call which Buu saga should have been. Peace isn't forever.
>>
>>157534765
We all know damn well that if the series had gone on for another arc, Gohan would surpass his potential by going Super Saiyan after the Mystic form was unlocked.
>>
>>157534010
Gohan was always a dork before and after he became Super Saiyan 2. The Buu Saga was the only time that we ever see him interact with someone outside of the main cast and it turns out he's a pretty big dork due to being raised in the mountains.
>>
>>157534536
This gohan always wanted to be gentle. I dont think cell was that strange the whole thing was he always held back but once he saw 16 die he chose not to hold back that one time and let into his anger and because of it unlocked ss2 same as goku letting into his anger unlocking ss1 against freiza. Also yes saiyaman makes sense maybe not as a teen watching z but as an adult it makes sense.

I have much more of a problem with super because it kinda undoes all that character development and is trying to make him seem bad ass and like he wants to fight almost more goku like and I feel like its only because for decades fans have shit on high school and adult gohan for not being as bad ass as be was during cell. Pick one and stick with it if he wants to be a family man stick with that. Fucking use goten for fucks sake he is basically kid goku 2 electric boogaloo

>tfw instead of teen trunks and goten adventures they made super
>>
>>157534010
No. Kid Buu being reincarnated into a poo in loo was worse.
>>
>>157534010
more like editor fuck up
>>
File: veI0yv4.jpg (63KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
veI0yv4.jpg
63KB, 640x480px
>>157538550
>tfw instead of teen trunks and goten adventures they made super
sometimes I wonder how things would have gone if Super continued straight after the timeskip instead of right after the Buu-saga.
>>
File: 1488359501949.png (289KB, 417x437px) Image search: [Google]
1488359501949.png
289KB, 417x437px
like... my furries, will beat you up! zoinks
>>
>>157539849
Goku seriously needs to wear that blue gi again.
>>
>>157542182
He really hates the ferries though, so far he's the only angel to actually show genuine anger.
>>
>>157542732
>out of all the universes I end up getting assigned to the one with all the damn furries that are also weak as shit

I bet he hates his job and wishes he was U7's angel instead.
>>
Dragon Ball Z was a mistake.
>>
>>157542403
>disrespecting roshi
>>
Not even the biggest character fuck up of that series.

Bulma should have died on Namek, not Krillin.
>>
>>157544266
>Disrespecting Roshi AND King Kai

Wait, does he still have King Kai on him?
>>
>>157538550
high school and adult Gohan got dumped on because instead of people just naturally being stronger than him, the guy just stopped training period.

Had he kept his training up then Dabura wouldn't have been a problem for him. Vegeta hammered this home. Then he gets a free power up from elder kai and after Buu he decides to not train again and go "well dad can handle it so it's fine" only for this to bite him in the ass really hard when frieza comes back and he can't even get his usual rage boost without his body burning out.

there was nothing that said Gohan can't train and be a family man.
>>
>>157534010
gohan has been consistent throughout the series. he never liked fighting as evidenced many times throughout. however, he did have both a short fuse and a moral cose. you can see him lose it since the time he was young as he attacked raditz. buu saga gohan is just him with the comfy life he desired. my only issue with him is that he didn't train at all which is stupid in case a threat did appear such as revived frieza. but super is changing his tune since he realized he can't always be passive since he has such great power.

gohan a best.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.