[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Were people really too retarded to understand why Oda did this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 5

Were people really too retarded to understand why Oda did this?

Yes, it looks stupid, that's the fucking point. Oda outright said that he made Luffy a rubber man because he thought it looked ridiculous.

How could anyone spend years reading a manga whose cast includes a were-giraffe, a muscular robot with nipple lasers, and a version of eminem who controls electricity, and convince themselves it was serious business
>>
>>157464694
>it looks stupid, therefore, its not actually stupid
I don't get your point
>>
>>157464752
no, it looks stupid, but that doesn't fucking matter.
>>
Were there really a lot of people complaining?

It's just Water Luffy 2.0 (As if Dressrosa doesn't have enough parallels to Alabasta already), I don't see how long time One Piece readers would feel negatively over Gear 4th.
>>
Fuck off One Pisstards
>>
>>157464694
At least this is original. I dare any of you fuckers come up with a better concept than this.
>>
>>157464694
Not retarded, but I dropped One Piece the moment I saw this shit.
>>
> you just don't get it! It's SUPPOSED to look like shit!
>>
It looks like a really buff monkey and his name is Monkey. I don't see the problem here.
>>
>>157468426
That's not the main point of discussion, the actual point here is, if it looks like shit, just what the hell were you expecting? One Piece has always had goofy dumb shit, thinking that Gear 4 is any worse than a lot of the stuff that came before in the manga is just retarded.
>>
>>157464694
I mean the first time I saw Luffy throwing extendable punches I thought he looked dumb as fuck, that's popeye cartoon shit, the thing is that OP has both, there is serious stuff with Zoro and Sanji and people just using weapons normally so it's half and half, so you can't really blame people to expect some seriousness
>>
>>157468911
it didn't need to look like shit, Gear 2 and 3 look fine, even the busoshoku haki looks great.
>>
>>157464752
here's a crazy theory: it's all a bunch of stupid cartoons we read for entertainment
>>
>>157464694
>Yes, it looks stupid
No, you just have bad taste.
>>
>>157469074
>stupid shit
>entertaining
Pick one and only one.
>>
>>157469497
alright, opinionated stranger on the internet. i will agree to your far fetched dichotomy, and never have fun while reading one piece again
>>
>>157464694
it doesn't look stupid enough

I think oda actually thinks this looks cool
>>
>>157469625
>having fun reading One Piece of Shit
>ever
>>
>>157464694
This doesn't look bad. Yall are forcing your reactions.
This fits right in on how crazy the anime gets sometimes, how is this an outlier?
>>
>>157469727
i know right? it's just a bunch of stupid shit.
>>
>>157469727

millions of people have fun reading one piece

that's a FACT
>>
>>157469880
same for SAO you*re point?
>>
>>157464694

nah it's looks great in movement
>>
>>157464694
>How could anyone spend years reading a manga whose cast includes a were-giraffe, a muscular robot with nipple lasers, and a version of eminem who controls electricity, and convince themselves it was serious business
>hating fun things
>>
>>157469912

that's a fact, i don't need to prove anything

kek
>>
armament haki being visible is what ruined one piece's aesthetic
>>
It's an over-inflated truck tire flying at you at mach speed it's great
>>
File: 1425311250835.png (42KB, 325x247px) Image search: [Google]
1425311250835.png
42KB, 325x247px
That face when I liked Luffy's gear 4.
>>
>>157471057
You liked it?
I LOVED it.
>>
>>157470281
It had to be visible because you'd never know when someone was using it otherwise unless they straight up pointed it out every single time
>>
>>157471230
and I LOVE you!
>>
>>157464694
Unironically liking One Piss
>>
>>157464694
Anon, the fact that your argument is to concede the point that it looks stupid to the people who hate it because it looks stupid is, in the first place, stupid. It looks fine. It may seem ungainly, but it's got style to it. And style is the important thing. It's within the same line of thought as Luffy inflating himself for a number of his attacks. When Doflamingo insulted it, it was because Luffy was constantly bouncing without being able to stop himself.
>>
Let's face the reality that One Piece has turned into shit for quite long time.
No one likes it anymore.
>>
>>157473684

The thing is, the people who thought it's stupid or ridiculous, is people that had to be reading the manga for years. How did they got through stuff like Kaku and his giraffe based attacks, or the birds that can only look South, or the Revolution's Number 2 being the king of trannies, if something like Gear 4 can rustle their jimmies so badly? Gear 4 isn't even the silliest thing in One Piece
>>
>>157464857
It looks stupid but that doesn't matter in regards to what? Whether or not it looks stupid?
>>
I think Gear 4 balances goofyness and coolness pretty well. The Kabuki-like design of the face and the black, giant arms give it a cool vibe, while everything else makes it kinda silly.
>>
>OF COURSE wan piss is stupid and bad! That's the charm!

Why are OPtards this pathetic
>>
File: Hunter-X-Hunter-131-13.jpg (97KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Hunter-X-Hunter-131-13.jpg
97KB, 1280x720px
>>157464694
I don't know anything about one piece but I kind of like the design.
What's wrong with subverting your MC a bit?
>>
>>157475880
Those things are silly, but this is ugly, I don't like looking at it and it's also on the main character so it's going to be around for a while, that's why this is the worst silly thing in One Piece.
>>
>>157469727
>D-D-D-D-DO I FIT IN YET, F-FELLOW /a/UTISTS?!
>>
>>157464752
If it looks stupid, but it works, it isn't stupid. Ever heard this saying?
>>
>>157464932
what's your favorite manga anon?
>>
>>157476295
I don't think that applies to manga character design. Anything Oda could have drawn would have "worked"
>>
>>157464694
It's basically Luffy gaining a fully matured Monkey D. body, like Garp's, without needing another fucking timeskip.
>>
>>157471398
This

the war was such a clusterfuck because people kept bringing up when whitebeard and the other strong guys were using haki or failing to do so
>>
>>157464694
G3 also looked ridiculous as fuck. The ones who hated G4 simply don't understand One Piece. This series has always been about weird and comical designs. Serious cool edgy stuff is in fact a minority.

But the awakening fruit bankai and Bird cage were fucking shit.
>>
>>157464694
Just don't question and watch
>>
>>157481026
But that's not fun.
>>
>>157464694
But I thought that was cool
>>
File: gear_4_by_dika_brew-d8pvew4.jpg (148KB, 1024x676px) Image search: [Google]
gear_4_by_dika_brew-d8pvew4.jpg
148KB, 1024x676px
>>157464694
I don't get how people who read OP can dislike this design. It looks serious and threatening like Luffy's about push your shit in, and at the same time looks ridiculous and silly.

What makes me laugh is when people thought G4 was gunna be some edgy cool Bleach shit like pic related,
>>
>>157464694
Nah it looks dope as shit OP
>>
>>157464694
thank god i dropped one piece before thatshit happens
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.