[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In all honesty, the Evangelion manga was pretty good. The scenes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 1494068042472.jpg (194KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1494068042472.jpg
194KB, 1024x768px
In all honesty, the Evangelion manga was pretty good.
The scenes were arranged nicely.
The Panel composition felt powerful, especially when you had a borderless, two page image on your hand. (Like when Shinji kills Kaworu)
Arrangement of the pages added to this feel too.
Only thing it lacked, was the music in the multiplying angel scene.
The ending felt weird.
>>
The happy manga end is shit compared to the provocative EoE finale or CONGRATULATIONS
>>
>>157405690
It felt a bit heartwarming to see them finally succeed.
It's like a second peek into that idealistic world we saw in the anime.
But yeah, it was sort of a letdown compared to EoE.
I would still say that "congratulations" is my favourite. EoE's ending is a close second because of the title of the episode. (The "one more final" part)
>>
>>157405864
But they didn't succeed. Everything was reset and Shinji didn't learn anything because he didn't remember anything.
>>
>>157406746
They seemed happier.
Shinji had friends too.
>>
>>157406790
Happier from what? He literally doesn't remember anything nor anybody from over the course of Eva.
It was a copout ending that had no empowering message behind it like NGE/EOE did.
>>
>>157406878
They stil remember something. There was even a deja vu moment in there.
It's just subconscious.
>>
>>157406949
That was barely anything and not enough.
It was a terribly ending because Sadamoto never wanted to do the Eva manga in the first place.
>>
>>157407111
I'll let it pass, since the meat of the story was really good.
Some scenes felt as good or even better than the anime version.
>>
>>157407322
There were definitely some parts that were better, but I just can't defend the ending. Not at all.
It puts a damper on the entire series in my eyes.
>>
>>157407788
Then we can both agree it was more about the journey, right?
And it looks nice on a shelf too
How fast did you read it?
>>
>>157407322
>Some scenes felt as good or even better than the anime version

That's because manga is a hell of a lot easier and cheaper to produce than animation so you can make a lot more cool shit take place.

And this particular manga was written over a span of nearly two decades, after the entire NGE series +movie was made, so there was plenty of time of Sadamoto to brainstorm good ideas and improvements upon the base material. Whereas in the anime, everyone knows what effects the time-constraints of anime production deadlines had on the series (episodes 25+26)
>>
File: 144335453255.png (1MB, 727x1000px) Image search: [Google]
144335453255.png
1MB, 727x1000px
comic is superior
>>
>>157405081
It's okay, but I really don't know it's comparable to the anime. Many of the characters don't resemble their anime counterparts at all. Also the ending was shitty. The entire adaption of EoE was shitty. For example, the Eva series crucifying Eva 01 AFTER Shinji arrived at the fight just in time to see Eva 02/Asuka dead felt infinitely more powerful that him saving Asuka and... getting caught up anyway.
>>
>>157408252

Yeah, Shinji letting Instrumentality happen even after fighting to save Asuka is pretty dumb. He needed to be completely broken down like he was in EoE for him to accept everyone in the world dying
>>
>>157408252
I dont get why he changed so many things. Perhaps he felt the fans wanted something new? I think a 1:1 manga remake would be pretty good, although not new at all, its at least another way for people to get into the series.
I though the same about the rebuilds and just see where we are right now.
>>
>>157410311
He was part of Eva from the earliest stages of development, then completed most of the manga after the on the fly additions to the show and while viewing its reception. Some things didn't develop quite how he wanted, some plot holes could maybe be fixed, some people had really dumb interpretations to correct.
>>
>>157411941
I think he changed the EoE adaptation ending because he is openly against asuka and shinji pairing, while Anno was more "after that what happens is up to you to decide" about the ending.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.