[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If you had asked me back in 2007, "Should a Touhou anime

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: cirnocurious.jpg (27KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
cirnocurious.jpg
27KB, 250x250px
If you had asked me back in 2007, "Should a Touhou anime be made?", I would have emphatically stated, "No, it would never work."

Now, in 2017, after Touhou has gotten multiple good officials manga published and lots of great fanimations showing what Touhou could look like, I can say that, yes, Touhou CAN become a really great and popular anime. There are many deep, intertwining lores that could make the story interesting and intricate while also being atmospheric and comfy.

Touhou is a perfect example of a series that has grown larger than its maker.
>>
>>157277773
There will never be an official Touhou anime. However, there is no official stance against multiple independent productions, so the only issue here would be lack of interest from creators.
>>
>>157278426
The boats got an anime, so why cant Touhou get one?
>>
>>157277773
I'm eagerly waiting for a moment when Zun dies and his will will contain making Touhou public domain.
>>
>>157277773
Always good to see you niggers fail at your getshit.
>>
>>157277773
The problem is that an official Touhou anime would never, ever be able to live up to any sorts of expectations for it. ZUN knows this, and prefers to just keep doing his thing instead of risking running into the multitude problems that an anime project can.
>>
>>157278471
Boats have DMM backing them. Swords have enough corporate push for two different productions.
>>
File: touhou shit2.png (401KB, 466x500px) Image search: [Google]
touhou shit2.png
401KB, 466x500px
>>157278526
>The problem is that an official Touhou anime would never, ever be able to live up to any sorts of expectations for it
Explain JoJo then. Even if some loud people on this board dislike the adaption, in general people love it.
>>
>>157277773
I want secondaries to literally die.
>>
>>157278723
Jojo has a solid established canon, and anime is just an adaptation into a different medium. Touhou is loosely tied together with zipties, so you can stick anything that fits in the gaps. Giving it anime will mean at least tightening the zips if not outright dipping the entire thing in concrete, so there's less doujin hooks, less ability to shape your waifu how you like, less inscentive to one-up each other with Necrofantasia remixes, you baisically throw everything that made Touhou Touhou for most people under a bus.
>>
>>157277773
Nah
>>
>>157278723
JoJo would be the exception rather than any kind of rule. If a Touhou anime was announced and you had a significant amount of money to make a bet whether it would turn out as good or just disappointing, which possibility would you bet that money towards?
>>
>>157277773
> good officials manga
Yeah, no.
>>
>>157277777
>>
>>157278940

This. Touhou has very loose fucking canon which makes it bad for any official adaptation but also makes it great for endless fanmade shit.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.