[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to ruin a manga in four chapters or less

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 472
Thread images: 28

File: 1234542.jpg (482KB, 1280x926px) Image search: [Google]
1234542.jpg
482KB, 1280x926px
How to ruin a manga in four chapters or less
>>
l expected a far more retarded twist, it was ok
>>
I don't even know what's going on anymore
>>
It was fine.
>>
>>157241202
I don't understand how anyone can like this plot twist. The worst thing about it is that it makes the rest of the story look like a joke. It should have been a story about humanity vs titans, not this WW1 shit.
>>
The twist itself wasn't even that bad. The execution was just beyond horrendous. Infodumps, bland new characters nobody gives a shit about, no connection to the established setting... Isayama was a hack all along.
>>
>>157241202
How can you ruin shit?
>>
File: 1487133270578.jpg (146KB, 798x612px) Image search: [Google]
1487133270578.jpg
146KB, 798x612px
WW1 with flesh mechs is way more interesting then survival horror with mindless giant zombies.
>>
>>157241507
It was foreshadowed continuously starting at the beginning of the series, so it's not really a twist.
Still the development is kind of retarded and renders a lot of what happened in the story and what humanity on Paradis has done over the years meaningless.
>>
>>157241723
Meaningless equates to despair and despair is suffering and no other words carries despair as much as "meaningless".
>>
>>157241723
I get that it was obvious that there were humans living outside of the walls, but how was it foreshadowed that there would be an advanced civilisation with WW1-level technology? Part of the reason I hated it was that it came out of nowhere. Everyone thought Reiner/Bertolt/Annie came from a village which doesn't imply an advanced civilisation.
>>
>>157241202
Whatever, I just wanna see timeskip Mikasa
>>
I literally have no idea where he's taking this manga. I can't make ANY sense of this "twist". It's like a completely different manga after they reached the basement.
>>
>>157241818
It was obvious it was going to be post-industrial revoluiton simply by the odm. And they even say there are factories, were they made those swords. So WW-1 tech is not far fetch if the outside is 100 years ahead technology which they state.
>>
>>157241818
Well during the whole Reiss arc, there was that tidbit where people who made anything more advanced than what they had, from airships to revolvers and so forth, were silenced, which implied that there was a more modern level of knowledge and skill potential within the walls alone that was being suppressed so that no one could find the truth or get too strong against the nobility in rule.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that if there were more humans out there in the world, they may not of had to deal with such restrictions and thus be leaps and bounds ahead of the fragment we knew.
>>
>>157241717
this desu
>>
What is worst is the deniers. They say things like "OMG HE PLANNED THIS FROM THE BEGINNING", "SUCH DEEPNESS".
>>
Mikasa Yaeger when? You're running out of years to live, Eren.
>>
>>157242036
Eren doesn't realky get boners for anything other than murder.
>>
>>157242003
Isayama intended to let everything crash and burn, he basically scrapped the old ending and started making shit up when the anime came out and was successful.
>>
>>157241902
>>157241946
Maybe you are right and that it was somewhat foreshadowed. It's still fucking retarded and doesn't feel like the same manga anymore. It's too much of a change in setting and theme. Non-shifter titans aren't even relevant anymore and they were the main reason that this series even got popular.
>>
>>157242003
I get the feeling that most of this was intentional but overall it was still a poor decision. The direction the manga went was a mistake.
>>
>>157241507
>It should have been a story about humanity vs titans
So it should have been the most boring shit imaginable and never expand the world beyond the first few chapters. Okay. If they got to the basement and it was revealed there's really nothing else out there but titans, people would have been so immensely disappointed.
>>
>>157242113
Isayama said in an interview that he was going to change the ending he'd originally had to satisfy all of his new fans around the time when season 1 was being released and when Clash was coming to an end in the manga. We can only speculate, but maybe he switched to this ending around that time.
>>
>>157242136
>If they got to the basement and it was revealed there's really nothing else out there but titans, people would have been so immensely disappointed.

Speak for yourself. That would've been hilarious and what this manga deserves.
>>
Nope it was actually quite good. I feared that it's gonna be sci-fi "it's just one big experiment guys".
>>
>>157242136
You know, a manga can just end. It doesn't have to span hundreds of chapters. You are capable of just telling a story and moving on.
>>
>>157242089
These kind of manga always have a genre shift. An entire series that goes on for years dealing with the equivalent of giant zombies would get boring after a while. Where it headed, jumping into WW1 with giants, is the more controversial part.
>>
>>157241202
Is this a new manga from that Attack on Titan's author?
The art looks really similar, I hope he won't fuck the story with retarded twists like the ones in AoT, dropped it when every single things turned out to be titans.
>>
>>157242136
What about a titan civilization outside of the walls? Or perhaps another human settlement that lives in harmony with titans? I mean, having other humans as the main enemy in the series is fine but my biggest gripe was that they cleaned up all the titans in the space of a few panels after they had been consistently been built up as terrifying threats to humanity. They should still play a role in the story.
>>
>>157242217
That's the problem with manga. They always have to drag it out until it becomes something completely alien to what it originally was, like Berserk for example.
>>
>>157242189
Now that you mention it, thank Fuck that's not what happened.

The reveal still should have been done less clumsily though.
>>
Why all the shifters had to be from the same generation? It would have been so much more interesting if infiltration existed on various levels, like the Military Police and Garrison. This could also have provided a more solid foundation on that shitty political arc, along with killing some of the main cast, preserving the feeling of impotence. All right, I can take a pair of asspulls if they are well executed and make shit fabulous, but the side characters are so wasted. Even the main cast. O seriously pity those who says Mikasa is my waifu. Fucking bland piece of shit. /blog
>>
>>157242323
Even most mainstream shonen have it happen. Look at how incomprehensibly retarded Naruto and Bleach got towards their ends. And ongoing manga like Tokyo Ghoul got fucked pretty hard when the creator kept trying to outdo himself on crazier and stupider levels.

Attack on Titan is relatively lucky it managed to sorta work within the context of its world, but it's getting hit by the same problem in that it's almost like a different series now.
>>
>>157242266
It is Attack on Titan. The author went full retard.
>>
>>157242266
That's a page from Attack on Titan.
>>
>>157242266
bait
>>
Stay salty retards Isayama will stay comfy with all the dosh he's getting
>>
>>157242323
>crapsack world where people's idle thoughts are enough to birth evil incarnate
>people regularly despair enough to forsake humanity through murdering their beloved
>demons gather and create the devil, then summon him into the world
>the devil is devilish enough to make people think he's an angel
>the endgame involves merging hell with earth
>the focus is on a man who refuses to give up no matter what and his companions
It gets lighthearted for one arc and you morons think the entire setting has changed forever. There's still plenty of rape demons, rape trolls, rape caves and rape festivals going on. Calm the fuck down and wait for the shit to hit the fan. It's being foreshadowed enough already.
>>
>>157241507
Ever since BRA revealed themselves this was a very prevalent theory.
>>
>>157242266
That is right its called Shingeki no Habanero: Boku wa Aeotan
>>
>>157242496
>It gets lighthearted for one arc
It's been significantly more lighthearted for almost a decade now because of all the hiatuses.
>>
>>157241887
Marley's obviously going to invade Paradis. Eren's going to be grappling with the "cycle of vengeance". Eldia will probably reclaim its status as a sovereign nation. That's the direction.
>>
>>157242611
That's not because of a genre shift, that's because of author burnout.
>>
Why is this shit still monthly his art is terrible he doesn't need a month
>>
>>157241202
Anime onlyfag here.

So what hapenn in the manga?
>>
>>157242714
The entire city is on Madagascar
>>
>>157242714
WWI timeline
We Madagascar Jews now.
>>
>>157242714
erwin is dead, armin is a shifter now after nearly dying, monkey troubles beast titan is eren's half-brother from his father's first marriage, turns out there's an Industrial Revolution-era civilization still active that has excess racism towards one of their two races as an allegory for Nazis towards the Jews, eren's father was a rebel in the not-jews trying to fight back

now it's world war 1 with titans because that civilization wants to kill everyone in the walls to get their resources
>>
>>157242714
The titans are jews
>>
>>157242675
Doesn't seem very dark fantasy to me anymore.
>>
>>157242757
Reminder that snk is just an elaborate shut down everything meme
>>
>>157242790
and to add to this guy the titan that ate Eren's mother was Eren's father's ex-wife.
>>
>>157241202
oy vey
>>
>>157242833
And she still alive?
>>
File: Capture.png (94KB, 292x644px)
Capture.png
94KB, 292x644px
>>157242832
>>
>>157242901
Nope, the anime will reach that point soon
>>
>>157242323
Berserk has not changed, retard.
>>
>>157242930
Remind me, was that the one he punched while holding hands with Hisu?
>>
>>157242790
>>157242833
this is really glossing over so much shit too, like the fact that all titans are humans, not just shifters, or the entire "krista is historia, bastard child of the reiss family who are really the ones that control and manipulate within the Walls", or the timeskip that happened for the WW1 part to begin
>>
>>157241202
I dropped the manga when they spent 2 months fighting in a cave going nowhere. Can somebody please spoonfeed me what happened after?
>>
>>157242937
Yes it fucking has, when was the last time you read the beginning of the series?
>>
>>157242968
Yee
>>
>>157242991

>>157242795
>>157242759
>>
>>157242991
>shifter powers are obtained by eating a shifter while in titan form
>walls are on an island next to a continent inhabited by an advanced civilization called Marley
>wall people are a special race called Eldians that get turned into titans when injected with titan juice because their ancestor Ymir made a deal with the devil or some shit
>the rest of humanity hate Eldians and want to kill them all
>some Eldians live in Marley and are treated like jews and kept in ghettoes
>those Eldians are bred and taken to the island and turned into titans (that's where all the titans came from)
>Bert, Reiner and Annie all came from the Eldian ghettoes in Marley and were brainwashed into hating their own race and wanting to kill all the wall people
>Eren's dad came from those ghettoes too and wanted to convince the king inside the walls to stop being a cuck and fight back
>ended up eating the "founding titan" held by the royal family which can control titans using the "coordinate" and then made Eren eat him so now Eren has that power
>>
>>157241202
Nah, it's not ruined. The focus on Marley had me stop actively anticipating new chapters though. I'm looking forward to the shift in focus back to Paradis for the final war.

I didn't mind the infodumps or the timeskip and the WWI-time reveal is pretty neat. Soon the manga can revert back to something similar to its origins -- the wall people against the world, with shit odds.

But yeah, because this transition is poorly done, I've been losing interest.
>>
>>157241202
Twist was alright but the storytelling wasn't well executed. Just Isayama being the shit mangaka he is
>>
>>157241717
That may be, but making that immense lane change is difficult to be done not retardedly.
>>
I don't care about any of these new people, what they're doing, why they're doing it, or what they feel while they're doing it.
>>
>>157243538
nah LAME are now the antagonist, expecting based warriors eradicate those filthy people on that island
>>
How do you feel about the idea of Connie dying?
>>
>>157241620
>>157241717
These. They kinda cancel each other out imo.
>>
>>157243314
Not him but what's the twist? Is it that Marley or whatever looks like what op posted?
>>
SO WE TRULY WERE ATTACK ON TITAN ALL ALONG
>>
Is this the effect of the anime?
>>
>>157243763
The twist is Marley as a whole, given that they're basically responsible for the entire plot as we know it; why Titans fucked up the Walls, why the Reiss family was instilled to control the Walls, why Shifters were infiltrating to try to get Eren / The Coordinate, and so forth. Combine this with the WW1 era technology, liberal capability of titanizing anyone they feel like (though Shifters is a more complicated manner given that they have a time limit on their lives and must be devoured to carry on that Shifter power to a new one) and their machinations for everyone we know.

There's also a moment where a character in the flashbacks explicitly namedrops Eren, Mikasa and Armin despite not even knowing who they are.
>>
>>157243831
Dropped
>>
>>157243879
>There's also a moment where a character in the flashbacks explicitly namedrops Eren, Mikasa and Armin despite not even knowing who they are.
Wut

How did I miss that
>>
>>157243831
>>
>>157243763
In the basement is a photograph of Eren's dad and it starts a long flashback showing his early life in Marley - that's Eren's dad in the OP picture. Basically >>157243879
>>
>>157243914
Owl talking to Grisha before injecting him
>>
>>157243843
Yeah, but not entirely.
>>
Ichigo is a Shinigami/Quincy ruins it for me.
>>
File: confused 10.png (118KB, 404x404px) Image search: [Google]
confused 10.png
118KB, 404x404px
>>157243314
>>157243879
How did we get here from "people stuck in walled city must defend themselves from titans"?
>>
>>157244013
The posts you just quoted pretty much spell out how it happened, why are you even confused?
>>
>>157244013
>>157242073
>>
>>157244013
allegory of the cave basically
>>
>>157241717
Armin's plot armor made it not so enjoyable.
>>
>>157243957
>>157243914

it's easy to miss or gloss over bc it doesn't make sense and you are easily inclined to think it's a translation error. it would make much or sense/sense at all if that was said by the holder of the founding titan/coordinate bc that power allows you to see the invisible connections throughout space and time....
>>
>>157244013
Well the series had always been hinting at something bigger. From "just what is a Shifter and why do they exist," to "what is in Eren's basement that his father wanted him to see so bad?" They'd been dropping hints that the Titans were humans for a very long time and all.

I feel like once Eren became the Coordinate was where everything went off the rails, though. considering the entire arc of nothing but political hell and manipulation combined with humans vs. humans within the Walls. It set up the rabbit hole, but it just sorta felt like it was really out of place for everything that had been built up to that point. And then it escalated out of control from there.
>>
>giant monsters as tools of war
Claymore
>MCs will go on a long boat trip
Berserk
>After Marley is defeated some nigger will show up with a map, "please visit this dark continent to find out how the titans were created"
HxH

Also the titans will learn new moves, like shooting Ki blasts
>>
>>157244013
it's inspired by germanic folk tales of deals ith the devil (Tefelssagen) like Faust and many others. A person makes a deal with the deal, usualy for great power, only to have to powers destroy their life and bring them suffering and misery. After that they still die and go to hell...
>>
Let's face it, the Titans were never really gonna be a threat anymore, especially after Bort and Reiner really failed to put a dent on the Survey Corps.

This might turn out terrible but at least it opens up multiple possibilities for where the narrative could go.
The Marleyans already seem just as interesting as the main party so far too.
>>
>>157244249
>Bort
I wish that was his actual name.
>>
>>157244249
the SC has been reduced to less than 10 ppl at this point in the manga mate.
>>
>>157242136
>Eldia is at war with other kingdoms
>learns to create titans
>send the titan towards the other kingdoms
>shit goes bad, can't control the Titans so they create the walls
>Marley, one of the kingdoms, sends Eren's father to infiltrate Eldia and invistigate the Titans
>learns how to create shifters
>takes that information back to Marley
>2 of their experiments, Reiner and Bert, attack Eldia

there, similar to what we have now but without complety changing the vibe of the series and without any time travelling memories and all that crap
>>
>>157241260
literally M Night Shyamalan's The Village.
>>
>>157244249
>Let's face it, the Titans were never really gonna be a threat anymore, especially after Bort and Reiner really failed to put a dent on the Survey Corps.

If I had to name a single chapter where the manga's decline became inevitable, that was it.

You have 2 self aware highly trained titans who are either twice the size of the walls or armored from head to toe. And what do they do? They job. They job 3 times in a row.
>>
What the fuck are the Paradis guys doing during the 4 year timeskip?

Why was there any need for a time skip anyway?
>>
>>157244407
>there, similar to what we have now

but mostly vastly inferior to what we have now. I was blown away by the revelation of Marley. Iwas a very nice twist...
>>
>>157244462
plotting humanity's counterattack, obviously
>>
>>157244271
>>157244249

We are out of Bort license plates, I repeat, we are out of Bort license plates.
>>
One thing I like about this plot twist is that it actually lends more to the theory that Kabaneri is set in the snk universe.
>>
>>157244462
>What the fuck are the Paradis guys doing during the 4 year timeskip?

science, scouting, rebuilding, claiming ressources outside of the walls, looking into titan serums - maybe trying to get Connie's mom back to normal by injecting her with Eren's spinal fluid?
>>
>>157244509
Simpsons reference, if you don't get it, you should be underageb&
>>
File: 1411993175816.jpg (47KB, 716x724px)
1411993175816.jpg
47KB, 716x724px
>titans were created because a whore asked the devil to give her super powers
>>
>>157244582

>watching shitty fox cartoons
>>
>>157242757
>>157242759
its not madagascar learn geography
>>
>>157244618
>not being a teen in the 90s

Mate, there was a time before internet and 4chan.
>>
>>157244637
it sort of is.
>>
>>157244124
>nothing but political hell and manipulation combined with humans vs. humans within the Walls
We might've ended up with more of that shit if they never reveal the whole Marley/Eldia deal.
>>
>>157244586
For this kind of shit theres is allways 4 possible explanations
Magic
Aliens
Science
Virus

Allegedly, is magic in this case.
>>
File: Madagascar.png (438KB, 862x648px)
Madagascar.png
438KB, 862x648px
>>157244700

And here is the image mirrored and flipped 180 degrees.
>>
>>157241202
Have OP write it
>>
>>157244875
Magic and Science are the same thing in anime/manga unless it's specifically mentioned as magical and only magical. And there's plenty of science in SnK.
>>
>>157244922
We Aoetan now
>>
>>157244124
>Well the series had always been hinting at something bigger.
Yes but I think we were expecting something more interesting than oh were just on an island and we werent aware of the actual situation we are in for no good reason
>>
File: IMPOSSIBLE!.jpg (157KB, 1024x678px) Image search: [Google]
IMPOSSIBLE!.jpg
157KB, 1024x678px
>>157244922
>We live in a mirrored world
>>
>>157243843
he realized that he might have a chance at creating a very successful manga like Naruto if he extended the story with dumb revelations and boring political drama

SnK is the next Naruto. Screencap this for when the story slows to a crawl and one fight between two characters takes 12 chapters.
>>
>>157245305
manga ís ending next year.
>>
>>157245305
SnK has already established itself as next Naruto years ago. Do we even have people reading it out of anything but habit morbid curiousity these days?
>>
>>157244449
You're right. The titans in general somehow stopped feeling like a major threat when only minor characters were dying. I was excited to see where the manga was going to go after seeing that armin was dead but then he was alive because killing your main characters is scary, even if hes a third wheel
>>
>>157244966
Its both for no reason, im calling it now
>>
>>157244966
sure, I'm talking only about the origins tho, but there is time to change it like "It was only science all along, the devil thing was just propaganda"
>>
I hope isayama reverts to his original ending. Is that too much to ask?
>>
>>157245355
>implying
Nah, isayama caught the whiff of big money. He'll asspull it for years until its literally impossible to make any more money out of it
>>
>>157245521
If too many characters die, they can't have children for the spin-off of the next generation with a high-tech strampunk world
>>
>>157241202
fuck you, I like this new gist of WW1 era armies and Bio-mechas fighting each other to prevent an ethnic cleansing more than 2deep4you "cruel world bird in a cage mikasa op" shit.
>>
>>157241202

How people dont get whats going on is beyond me.

Are people literally illiterates?
>>
>>157245521
The best we can hope for is that the anime gets its own original ending. I can't imagine many people will like this one.
>>
>>157245540
Seeing the current state of manga, it doesn't lokk like it can be dragged on for too long.
I mean a big war is going to happen between eldian and marley. Eldians are going to win, then the main characters will probably settle downand get married. And then what?
>>
>>157245734
>implying people will even like an anime original ending
>>
>>157245521
>>157245734
did you really want hometown to be this small village full of resentful titan shifters? really? Marley is FAR MORE interesting than that.
>>
>>157241620

this, sadly
>>
>>157245838
I just want an ending that doesn't turn SnK into a manga I don't recognize anymore.
>>
>>157245740
Yes, thats what will happen. And it will take 8 more years of chapters to do it.
>>
>>157244213
There are also some of them where the Devil get's fucked over by those clever locals.
>>
>>157245838
>Marley is FAR MORE interesting than that.
but its not, the true background of the titans ended up being a plot device to lengthen the story past its original end point instead of being some kind of shocking revelation

none of the mystery would have mattered if the royal family or whatever had just not been stupid and let people know about what was actually going on
>>
>>157244449
Would have been better, if they'd kidnapped him at night.
>>
>>157245946
I am just sticking around for the big war between the marley and eldian. if Isayama starts a new arc after that, i will be done with it.
>>
>>157245955
are you going to cut your balls if it happens in less than 2 years?
>>
Imagine being Armin
>>
>>157246109
Uh, no?
>>
>>157246081
>let people know about what was actually going on
you are stupid, new generetions would started a civil war for freedom
>>
>>157245740
Time skip to the next generation who go and fight the devil to rid themselves of the titan curse once and for all - IN SPACE
>>
>>157246149
then shut the fuck up with your 8 years of bull shit
>>
>>157246107
Imagine if he starts a romance plot after thatfor EM, AM, LH, EH and every other ship you can think off. Now that would be a disaster.
>>
>>157246226
Im thinking like 10 years now. Wasnt Naruto almost 15? Or more maybe?

Hope you can hang in there for 10 or so more years
>>
>>157246107
They will never fight on the continent.

(Fuck Claymore.)
>>
i think the idea of the outside civilisation is fine, it should simply be less developed, perhaps 1840s since photography became commercialised around then, basically make it pre flight/mass scale/long distance war so it isnt opened up so much
50 years from marleys current tech state they would have televisions, helicopters, nuclear weapons, and loads of other stuff, while the walldians would basically be at the exact same point they are now, so it makes no sense for the marleyans to want to even bother with the coordinate; what the fuck are titans gonna do against blitzkrieg? they could just wait it out another 30 years and use nukes on the island
>>
>>157246188
Or they would be like, oh we have a huge threat we need to work together to defeat or we will die or be enslaved, maybe we should work together.

Instead of there being an actual mystery to the titans the royal family hid the truth for no good reason.
>>
>>157245383
Oh yeah.
>>
>>157246088
Actually that's not a bad point. Do these people not have chloroform?
>>
Just downloaded the Season1 OST. What am I in for guys?
>>
>>157246588
You will come to realise that that show didn't deserve the music it has.
>>
>titans are basically impervious to anything except a blow to the top of the spine
>some random country now has guns that can kill titans even though it was established that isnt possible

Isnt this just another added plot device to bypass the previously established universal rules? Developing a better gun would be way more efficient and just easier to develop/produce than what is basically a jet pack and hook shots that you use to swing yourself around through the air like crazy person
>>
>>157246588
Confusion and disappointment.
>>
>>157246386
No, the royal family would lost everything, the first king didn't wanted to fight marley because they already lost titans, that's why he threaten them with leting the collosals out if they come closer to the walls.

New generations would try to get the power inside of the walls to take action or just because they do not agree with the decisions of the royal family.

Walldians have more titans now, so that's why now they can make a move to defend themselfs
>>
>>157246639
>way more efficient and just easier to develop/produce than what is basically a jet pack and hook shots that you use to swing yourself around through the air like crazy person
But then we wouldn't have an army of spidermen battling hordes of giant zombies.
>>
>>157241202
fuck off ymir scum
>>
post what twist you would have gone with /a/

if it were me writing i would go with a twist like the the world is limbo/purgatory of some kind and people can't remember why they're there, but have memories of past lives, and so everyone eventually has to die but maybe the heroes figure out that its purgatory and so they are supposed to, and have to find a way out or into heaven, but in the end what happens to everyone after they leave purgatory is left ambiguous, and the reason that titans exist in purgatory and their origins remains a mystery but with heavy biblical themes
>>
>>157241202
>see page
>not sure what this is
>don't really know the name of the author
>but it kind of looks like SnK
>scroll down
>it is
>people pretend it is just now getting bad
My sides.
>>
>>157244922
>literally the world flipped
fucking hack
also did Madagascar has oil?
>>
>>157246639
The guns that the Walls had before were inefficient and only really useful against people, not Titans. This was a consequence from part of the intentional secret technological restraints. Now that those restraints are gun, anyone could make a turn-of-the-century firearm or improve upon their cannons, allowing them to turn the tides.

After all, if you want to put a hole through something, a gun's far more efficient than a sword.
>>
>>157241202
Fullmetal alchemist did it first and better
>>
>>157246731
>Now that those restraints are gun
gone i meant, but unintentional typos have their quirks
>>
>>157246630
i believe the music made the show popular.
>>157246647
why? it fits the show.
>>
>>157246728
>also did Madagascar has oil?
yup
>>
>>157246639
>titans are basically impervious to anything except a blow to the top of the spine
They can only be killed in that spot. If any other part gets attacked they suffer the damage and have ot wait for the regeneration to kick in
>some random country now has guns that can kill titans even though it was established that isnt possible
It was never established that only blades could damage the titans and the enemy countries would obviously develop anti-titan weapons once technology reaches a certain point
>>
>>157246765
>i believe the music made the show popular.
possible, it's pretty ebin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPNew5WDlX8
>>
>>157244922
What the fuck happened to Italy?
>>
>>157246765
>why? it fits the show.
Oh, I misunderstood your post. I'm retarded
>>
>>157246663
That doesnt explain how nobody remembers what is actually happening. I think it would take a very long time to brainwash tens of thousands of people into literally not remembering that there is an entire world outside the walls filled with people who hate them and forced them behind the walls in the first place.

Making people forget whats actually going on doesnt make any sense. How the manga explains why nobody knows whats going on doesnt make sense. Wouldnt it make much more sense to use the fear of the marlyans to keep control over the population? Especially when you already control the last means of defense against them?
>>
>>157246365
are you dumb?
they literally relied to much on titan power and extend their border and colonies too much while their tech are lacking compared to other nations
so they need the founding titan to balance it out a bit and develop the need tech
>>
>>157246812
>They can only be killed in that spot.
you forgot about the asshole.
>>
>>157246681
That is really cool, ill give you that
>>
>>157246715
Honestly not that bad of an idea.

I've always thought it would be cool if it turned out that there is a titan civilization that lives peacefully outside of the walls. I don't know how that would work out, but perhaps they go crazy upon coming into contact with humans.
>>
>>157246715
Its an experiment started by aliens to study how humans adapt to extreme situations
>>
>>157246723
Obviously it was bad, that doesnt make it less fun
>>
>>157246715
Sounds terrible
>>
>>157246816
>english cover

STOP
>>
>>157246197
I would be okay with that. As long as the story of current characters is done I can put this shit aside and never touch it again.
>>
>>157246921
shut up reiner
>>
>>157246715
It is kind of hard to write something good while still following most of the truths inside of the manga's world. If titans weren't human more interesting things could have been done.
>>
>>157246812
Ok, but why didnt they just try to make their guns good enough to do what they can now apparently do instead of making crazy as fuck infantry mobility gear?
>>
>>157246477
Reminder that something like Chloroform exists in this world. It's what Eren's Father used on him.

>>157244449
Going back to the Night Kidnapping.

>What would an actual Spec-Ops Operative do?
Talk it out with his Teammate and plan the extraction better. Without alerting everyone else instantly.

But what do you expect from a shitty kid.
>>
File: jew hands.jpg (8KB, 480x360px)
jew hands.jpg
8KB, 480x360px
>>157242714
Jews ARE the master race
>>
>>157246877
he had the founding titan though and its gimmick is erasing memories and controlling titans.
Also frieda erased her memories from historias mind without historia knowing it. So i guess the other (older eldian) people didn't see it coming.
>>
>>157247071
>Reminder that something like Chloroform exists in this world. It's what Eren's Father used on him.

Eren was already sleeping when he took him to the forest.
>>
>>157247064
A man got silenced by the government for making a fucking revolver. It's obvious the ODM gear was thought up as just a cool way of dynamic fights before real plot points involving weaponry came up, but still.
>>
>>157247064
It's literally explained in the manga: the royal family hunted down everyone who developed new technology, because they wanted to keep it for themselves
>>
>>157241202
slowpoke detected, this happened months ago...
>>
>>157247100
And thats stupid.

Look, I like shlock, its why I enjoy this manga. But its becoming too unbelievable to still be enjoyable. Maybe isayama can change shit up enough to keep it interesting but so far all the revelations about the world have been unexciting.
>>
>>157246715
Everyone is fucked. There is no easy way out.

They have to painstakingly reconquer Territory bit-by-bit.
>>
>>157246877
>Wouldnt it make much more sense to use the fear of the marlyans to keep control over the population?
there would be allways people to want to fight back, this is troublesome

>How the manga explains why nobody knows whats going on doesnt make sense.
I would give you that, it was allegedly some royal power to wipe out memory, but it's never used again.
>>
>>157244249
And people thinks BRA are the best characters, kek.
>>
>>157247226
Some virus or something will surely do the job.
Or friendship and understanding.
>>
>>157247163
So basically they let that technology develop because it was really outrageous and inefficient

>>157247167
I understand that, im saying it doesnt make sense for them to do that. An arsenal of efficient and advanced weapons has such obvious benefits that refusing to use it is simply suicide when you are actively being invaded by the enemy.
>>
>>157247334
Yup
It was on purpose
People with a desire for freedom would join the scouts and look cool while dying a lot
>>
>>157246715
>>157244407
>>
>>157247334
Well, there's a lot of excuses and complicated reasonings. The Reiss family didn't want the technological level of the citizenry to cause trouble for them, and they weren't actively at war with Marley, so the usefulness of more advanced weapons against the Titans was never their priority.

Fucking over the Reiss' rule turned out to be crucial in the long-term since without those circumstances, people probably would've still been stunted enough that Marley could've waltzed right in and fucked 'em all up.
>>
>>157247269
>there would be allways people to want to fight back, this is troublesome
But thats true of everything. Fuck man, the scouts were fighting back even with everyone not knowing shit about the real situation. Fear is easier man, especially when you control the press.
>>
>>157247269
>but it's never used again.
Because only royals with the Coordinate can use it, but Eren has been the one with the Coordinate for a while
>>157247334
>An arsenal of efficient and advanced weapons has such obvious benefits that refusing to use it is simply suicide when you are actively being invaded by the enemy.
This would be a good point, but the royals didn't want people to know that there is an enemy, because if people knew there is a better civilization outside the walls everyone would just leave, especially if technlogy was better developed like in your hypotesis
>>
>>157247466
I mean, they did, just they didn't used Marleym they used the titans to make them feel fear. Maybe people would doubt the existence of Marley with the pace of time
>>
Can I get a quick Rundown on the twist? Haven't read the manga since around chap 50.
>>
>>157247519
>Eren has been the one with the Coordinate for a while
right
>>
>>157247519
>Eren has been the one with the Coordinate for a while
How convenient for the story

>but the royals didn't want people to know that there is an enemy
but they do know there is an enemy? They live behind walls to stay away from them
>>
>>157247137
Didn't that secret Military Batallion have some sleeping agent?
>>
>>157244362
Right and they've taken such a large blow to their numbers that they were able to wipe out literally every titan on the island in like a week
Nobody in the SC mattered aside from the magical titan ninjas, Hange, and the shifters, and they all lived
>>
>>157247612
>How convenient for the story
well Grisha stole it, that was kinda his mission. Then it give it to Eren so it doesn't get lost
>>
>>157244127
>Also the titans will learn new moves, like shooting Ki blasts
Well they will obviously become ice giants and fire giants at one point or another.
>>
>>157247604

>>157243314
>>157243940
>>157243879
>>
>>157247612
>but they do know there is an enemy?
They think the titans are the enemy and that's what the royals wanted them to believe. The population had no idea that other countries existed
>>
>>157247643
thanks to Eren and Armin I bet
>>
>>157247690
>walldian titans develop bio-mechanical flight engines
>suddenly the skies above marley are filled with flying titans shooting heat gas everywhere
>>
>>157247736
Im saying that enemy they know about should make them want to keep trying new things
>>
>>157247759
i just want to see Zeke get murdered by eren.
>>
>>157247643
The only reason they managed to wipe them out was that Marley stopped sending them.
>>
File: 25142.jpg (141KB, 600x840px) Image search: [Google]
25142.jpg
141KB, 600x840px
I'm OK with it. I'd much rather have mangaka explain the mystery and see what they can do with it than leave it open and just fuck with everyone's expectations. Picture very much related.
>>
>>157247781
It did, but they got killed by the government and the new things they invented was stolen and never revelead to the public
>>
>>157247815
Honestly I half-expect the two to beat eachother bloody with their fists to the point that they finish the fight outside of Titan form.
>>
>manga ends
>the non-Jews die
>the manga shares in an interview "The Jew fears the samurai."
Imagine the heads exploding in real life.
>>
>>157248037
not-Jews*
I guess this is the more appropriate way to say.
>>
>>157247985
It's probably gonna be something similar to the final fight of MGS4. Just replace Snake with Eren and Liquid with Zeke.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lO2Zp4nwsFA
>>
>>157244408
Fat greek snob pls kill yourself. World outside walls isn't modern
>>
>>157248105
>Eren was even trained in MMA to a degree
>this is actually plausible
fuck
>>
>>157248105
I'm actually pretty curious who the final boss is gonna be
Zeke seems the obvious choice but there's hints that he's going to betray Marley and help Eren
Reiner's the next choice but he's already jobbed twice to Eren
Maybe Eden's going to eat all the other shifters and become possessed by Ymir or something, sorta like how Naruto ended?
>>
>>157241717
Except now those flesh mechs are useless.
>>
>>157247948
Oh lawdy i remember this, it ended up being fucking aliens, fuck this shit, i was so dissapointed with this garbage that i picked up gakkou gurashi for my zombie fix and it looks like it's going the same route.
>>
>>157246927
>>157246963

underage confirmed
>>
>>157241717
This
>>
>>157246723
b-but muh foreshadowing
>>
>>157248105
That video made me think about something.
>Zeke obviously knows a way to bypass the Shifter Cancer
>Colt, who is supposed to be his successor, is a pretty passive boy
>it's been established that memories can pass among shifters
What if Zeke's solution to the Shifter Cancer is taking over Colt's body?
>>
>>157248491

>it ended up being fucking aliens,

No it didn't, that was just speculation by the characters. There is no answer, that is the problem.

It's a cop out.
>>
people who dislike the marley plot twist want SnK to be a 500 chapter battle shounen
>>
>>157242415
What about Tokyo Ghoul? I dont get what you jmean by Ishida "outdoing himself"
>>
File: 1443395598651.png (140KB, 594x514px)
1443395598651.png
140KB, 594x514px
It feels like some of you were expecting high art or something. Sure it's full of things that could be done better and some outright awful things like the way he handled Armin's "death", but the next arc with the second invasion of Marley will be fun as fuck with a lot of cool battle potential.

Why are you even reading shonen?
>>
Hello, I stopped reading AoT after the first female Titan was beaten, and my friend keeps trying to get me to pick it back up cause he thinks it's amazing, has the manga really turned into that much trash?
>>
>>157248879
He keeps trying to up the stakes, creating crazier and more over the top situations, and making the main antagonist more ridiculous by the appearance. It's reached a point where most people here on /a/ can't even take new chapters seriously anymore.
>>
>>157248699
If that was possible any shifter with very strong will should be able to take over the weak willed shifter who ate them with time slowly taking over their brain by their own mind.

In before Ymir mind is alive in Galliard brain where she slowly takes it over making him act as a total jerk .
>>
>>157248981
There's a couple of good arcs and a couple of bad ones
Right now we're in the middle of what looks to be a bad one, but it might pick up
>>
There were three things that made SnK interesting for me:
>titans
>dystopian setting / humanity on the verge of extinction
>the unsolved mysteries
Now titans are a joke and sidelined, the dystopian setting has vanished into thin air, and 90% of the mysteries have been solved (and were unsatisfying). There's not much reason for me to keep reading.
>>
>>157248981
The last 7 chapters have been pretty dizzying for the overall lore/tone of the story. That's when they finally get to the basement and find out what Grisha left behind.

Up to Chapter 70 is pretty satisfactory imo. then there's another arc that leads up to the big twist at chapter 86.
>>
>>157249130

What series with mysteries had a satisfying reveal in your opinion? Just curious.
>>
>>157246731
there was like literally one gun smith making Colt Navy revolver equivalents and Kenny Ackermann's gestapo police killed him for it. The cannons the Eldians have are akin to Civil War cannons while on the Mainland they now have german WW2 7.5 cm Pak 41 equivalents and better.
>>
>>157249209
I can't actually think of any series that I've read/watched that has a lot of mysteries in the same way that SnK does. Evangelion had some good reveals, I guess?
Also, I'm exaggerating, some of the mystery reveals in SnK were pretty good.
>>
>>157246877
>That doesnt explain how nobody remembers what is actually happening.

that's explaine in the manga though. the founding titan/coordinate titan has the power to control, brainash and alter memories of people of the Eldian race. Frieda Reiss, holder of the founding titan, was spending a lot of time with her half sister Historia Reiss and always took away her memories thereof after. It's quite a cruel thing to do if you think about it.
>>
>>157249130
>titans
They were never interesting. They were just bigger zombies
>dystopian setting / humanity on the verge of extinction
As soon as the Female Titan arc ended, it was obvious that the walls were not the only civilization left
>the unsolved mysteries
Mysteries need to be solved. Too many series do not understand this and end without a proper resolution. I think the explanations given were satisfying, but I can understand why others may think otherwise
>>
>>157249485
Code Geass had stuff too.
>>
>>157248366
The final boss is Armin. How can't you see that?
>>
>>157249530
>Too many series do not understand this and end without a proper resolution.

Probably because they reserve the right to continue at a later time for maximum cash cow milking? remember the "end" of Code Geass. I would ahve put down 100$ on the spot for another episode showing Lelouche is alive and living happily with CC somewhere in the countryside....
>>
>>157248366
>jobbed
wtf is this meme? explain yourself!
>>
>>157249530
>They were never interesting. They were just bigger zombies
They're literally THE interesting thing about the story, the whole story is based around them. Or, it was. SnK was always a unique take on the zombie genre that morphed into a unique take on the mecha genre.
>>
>>157248989
>can't even take new chapters seriously anymore
>bicycles
Is it supposed to be taken seriously?
>>
>>157249717
>unique take on the mecha genre.

evangelion did it first though.
>>
So does anyone else like all the main characters except for Armin... I don't think I could've been more disappointed that Erwin died instead.

I mean shit they ended up making me like Jean.
>>
>>157243314

So, Marleyans sent all the Eldians to live in the island, which is basically a giant concentration camp, at some point in time. The royal family are Eldians too, but for some reason they're on board with running the camp for the Marleys and erasing everybody's memories so they don't remember there's a world outside the walls (I guess they hate themselves because they can turn into monsters, sounds like it could be either interesting or retarded).

Did the Marleys sent the original shifters then? There's no shifter village, just a bunch of brainwashed Eldians? I love stories where manipulating memories is a plot point, but they can become a trainwreck so easily.
>>
>>157249649
Seems like he is going to put up a fight, but doesn't. Like Vegeta.
>>
File: dp2wphu.jpg (107KB, 226x573px)
dp2wphu.jpg
107KB, 226x573px
>>157244922
tfw when nazi had plans to deport all jews to madagascar, tfw when isayama actually went and did it
>>
>>157242274
That was my hope. The titans that attack the walls are feral, like 55% of the population. The rest are civilized, possibly coexisting with humans.
>>
So how is Annie gonna get back in the story? She gonna join Eren when she finds out her dad is dead or some shit?
>>
>>157249615
It was extremely heavily implied that Lelouch is alive. Only some complete morons thought that he was actually dead.
>>
>>157249781
>Seems like he is going to put up a fight, but doesn't. Like Vegeta.

Sorry, I don't watch 80%filler trash-20% screaming - I mean Dragonball Super. So I don't get your inside jokes.
>>
>>157249820
she'll probably be eaten so someone gets her power
>>
>>157249820
C O L L O S A L D O N G
>>
>>157249836
Vegeta jobbed in DBZ too
>>
>>157249779
Why not read it yourself?
>>
>>157249836
But to put in a way that you will understand is they pumped him up to be this big rival character and he got fucked into the dirt both times. That is a jobber.
>>
>>157241202
It was shit way before that tbqh
>>
>>157249766
>I mean shit they ended up making me like Jean.

He is the most interesting guy in the show. I hope he gets Mikasa
>>
>>157249921
thx for explaining.
>>
>>157249779
it was the king who decided to erase memories those who disagreed and were not eldians so their memories couldn't be erased slowly got killed, like ackerman clan and the asians
other non eldians became the nobles
>>
>>157249967
>I hope he gets Mikasa
He could do much better. Him getting that autist is not a victory at all.
>>
>>157250007
he likes her though
>>
>>157250007
also isayama said he might someday right mikasa as developing her character being away from eren and returning to the ordinary girl she used to be
>>
Jean will die a virgin, but at age 70 old and alone.
>>
>>157241202
"Humans are the real enemy" has been a thing since the beginning. This wasn't unexpected or unsuitable.
>>
>>157249915

I actually left it where they were fighting Reiner and going to the basement. In fact, I've just started reading it again, but I'm more interested in your opinions right now.

>>157250001
>those who disagreed and were not eldians so their memories couldn't be erased slowly got killed

So, the camp wasn't only for Eldians?
>>
>>157250074
For her hair. Is there a dumber reason to like a person than that?
>>157250118
If it doesn't happen over a timeskip it will never happen. You can screencap this.
>>
>>157249836
>Sorry, I don't watch 80%filler trash-20% screaming - I mean Dragonball Super. So I don't get your inside jokes.

It's not from Dragon Ball anyway, it's used for any fighting series (or any series with a competition) and the original term was from wrestling.

>>157249902
>>157249835

Lelouch being alive ruins both the ending and the character.
>>
>>157250007
>>157250168
>For her hair

Obviously, her weird hair signals her unique genetics, and that's what Jean is attracted to. Unconsciously, he wants to father a race whose memories can't be manipulated, reviving the glorious Asian race while injecting it with his own German might.
>>
>>157250137
nope, not at all, anybody who wanted could come, he was tired of war and left, he's also suicidal
>>
>>157249779
>Eldians used to rule the rest of humanity using titan powers
>There were nine shifters but Marley took control over most of them
>Eldians were weakened and defeated somehow
>The first king created the walls and erased the memories of the Eldians using the power of the founding titan because he wanted peace. He also sealed away the power of the founding titan so that it could not be used against Marley.
>Fast forward a hundred years and Marley sends the shifters to kill the Eldians within the walls because it wants the resources on the island
>the shifters believe that their own race is evil because of all the Marley propaganda
>>
>>157250168
>If it doesn't happen over a timeskip it will never happen. You can screencap this.
i know it will go like that and it will still be shit, character development is offscreen, well mikasa's character is irredeemable
>>
>>157250203
>Lelouch being alive ruins both the ending and the character.
It doesn't ruin anything you fucking autist. He achieved what he wanted. Killing himself if it wasn't necessary would be more OOC than hims surviving.
>>
>>157246976
what's wrong with this

weeaboo
>>
>>157250415
German cover or nothing
>>
>>157250317
>the shifters believe that their own race is evil because of all the Marley propaganda

nope. the eldians in marley are being held over their heads as hostages. also, their families get honorary Marleyan status if they do a good job. eldian titan shifters are literally scum.
>>
File: 0091-017.jpg (498KB, 1066x1600px) Image search: [Google]
0091-017.jpg
498KB, 1066x1600px
>>157250496
some of them do believe that
>>
>>157250203
Lelouch would still be alive even if they didn't make season 3... It was always true.

Some people just didn't want to believe he got code, and everything was planned out.
>>
>>157250796
>Lelouch would still be alive even if they didn't make season 3... It was always true.

you are entitled to your personal fanfiction mate....
>>
>>157250901
>gets confirmed
>fanfiction
You should really consider ending your misery dumb fuck.
>>
>>157250901
uh are you talking about yourself?
>>
>>157250118
I think that will happen after Eren expires. she will be saddened by that and leave SC to go back to a simpler life.
>>
>>157250398

>he survives
>he lets everybody else to fix his mess and goes away to fuck his waifu, never atone for his sins, and lets his sister alone while being able to avoid it

Either Lelouch is alive and is the biggest piece of shit in the world, or he's dead.
>>
>>157251165
That would be an epilogue.
>>
>>157241202
Claymore did the same.
>>
>>157251293
Claymore was more sensible, they didn't try to get involved in that big world like in snk
>>
MUH zombie titan apocalypse faggots are the worst. We have enough post apocalyptic x preys on humans already, we don't need fucking more brain dead ones, but with y this time!
>>
>>157251449
yeah, we need a show about sararymen and sararywomen struggling on Tokyo to make ends meet. fuck off cunt.
>>
>>157247948
Ending was a total shit.
It dropped hard.
Almost like that cute chick from copter.
>>
>>157244922
>WE WUZ TITANS AND SHIET
>>
>>157252216
They still are. This meme doesn't fit here at all.
>>
if Colossal Titan is one of those 9 special ones then how come there are millions of colossals in the walls?
>>
>>157252730
Diffrent types of tall titan. The ones it the wall are shorter.
>>
>>157242003
He did, prototype manga also had shifters
>>
>>157252730
because the king titanized them but they are not shifters, also colossal isn't just big, it has extrem control over heat
>>
>>157252730
the CT is 60m, the wall 50m and the wall titans are about 30-40m tops while the Survey Corps consider 20m titans already abnormally huge. Eren and the Armored Titan are about 15m tall.
>>
>>157252955
>the wall 50m and the wall titans are about 30-40m
Where the fuck did you get this from? They could all be 60m for all we know and be dug into the ground 10m. There was a guy that try to dig under the walls and couldn't do it because it was pretty fucking deep.
>>
>>157253087
In one of the novels a character estimates the titans at about 45m high
>>
>>157252955
>the wall is only 3 times bigger than the Armored Titan

didn't know WIT had that many problems with proportion
>>
>>157253259
"Estimates". Until we have an a actual confirmation it's all but speculations.
>>
>>157251293
very superficial comparison

AoT delves heavy into the origins of their world because of the mystery angle

Claymore gives you brief info on a land far away from the setting because the characters want nothing to do with it
>>
File: chapter86.jpg (254KB, 923x519px)
chapter86.jpg
254KB, 923x519px
>>157253087
>Where the fuck did you get this from?

From the position of the face in the wall that was revealed by Annies attempt to escape. Also pic related. There is another pic showing wall construction but I'm too lazy to go looking, feel free to do it yourself.

>They could all be 60m for all we know and be dug into the ground 10m. There was a guy that try to dig under the walls and couldn't do it because it was pretty fucking deep.

They could 200m tall too. the point is, considering how eren started to generate the white armor stuff after taking the "armored Titan" vial from Rod Reiss, we now know that titans are just a bit of scaffolding inside and the rest is white armour stuff which, depending on the abilities of the user, can grow into any shape. Eren's repairs to the wall are pretty orkish compared to the original walls.
>>
>>157241202
>still reading SNK in the current year

The manga was at an irredeemable point all the way back when the anime was popular. Anyone could see the narrative was a clusterfuck as soon as they detoured into the political faggotry.
>>
>>157253813
>The manga was at an irredeemable point
which is?
>>
How can people insist that the original ending is better when they don't even know what the original ending are?
>>
ITT: a bunch of people who read speedscans that mistranslated everything or decided that actually reading the text in each panel was a waste of time
>>
>>157253813
wew lad, another one of those "ugh politics" fag
>>
>>157253897
Because almost anything would be better than what we got
>>
>>157253933
That's basically every SnK thread. At least this one is not completely overrun with ship wars and characterfags.
>>
>>157253933
I read http://readsnk.com is that translation OK?
>>
>>157253848
Reiner casually telling Eren he was the armored titan while Mikasa and the others were literally right next to them.
>>
>>157254123
why?
>>
>>157254167
His plot armor was saving him from being captured. It's magic really.
>>
>>157254065
The newest chapters are not well translated, go reread them on Mangastream or wait for the volume to come out. One big mistake is that Zeke does not have a son and that he is hiding the fact that he has royal blood.

>>157254123
They didn't hear him, only Eren was close enough to hear him. And that was literally explained the very next chapter.
>>
>>157254065
try mangaseeonline.us they update with the best translation available
>>
>>157254167
Reiner kinda snapped. If you're up to date with the manga, the revelation scene takes a whole new meaning - a sad one, maybe even sympathetic.

Reiner may or may not end up dying in the end (he probably will, 85% guaranteed), but if he does he'll go out as an Eldian.
>>
>>157254065
If possible try to read Mangastream's translation over Crunchyroll's (you can tell them apart besides the watermark by the contrast - CR's looks much more like paper scans, while MS's looks more digital due to postprocessing).

Since MS's site only holds a buffer of new chapters, look at aggregator sites for them. I used to use eatmanga before I catched up (I use the tampermonkey webcomic reader script so the site layout is irrelevant besides the image size/quality/recompression).
>>
>>157241202
I liked it. I liked that it took the manga in a new direction that's interesting to read even with most mysteries solved, and I like that it was somewhat grounded rather than something weird and out there.
>>
fucking SnK aesthetics got me hooked on steampunky shit, now I'm watching

http://www.watchkabaneri.com/kabaneri-of-the-iron-fortress-episode-1/

fugg.
>>
>>157255205
>Streaming Anime.
>>
>>157254496
>webcomic reader script
You mean this? https://github.com/ameboide/webcomic_reader

Is there anyway to make it load the entire chapter as one page which can be vertically scrolled through? Used to do this with allmangasreader on chrome but I haven't found an equivalent for Firefox.
>>
>>157255529
so what? you think I'll dl gigs of this trash when I can watch it click and forget style?
>>
>>157255725
Not my fault that you are technically illiterate.
>>
>>157255905
pls then enlighten me. what am I doing wrong and why?
>>
>>157244249
>The Marleyans already seem just as interesting as the main party so far too.
Is this suppose to be praise or an insult?
>>
>>157255205
Why would you enjoy eating shit so much that you go and eat more?
>>
>>157241202
>they were jews all along
What is he trying to tell us?
>>
It's been built up that there were other people and that they have had the tech to turn people into titans and a plan to get rid of these certain groups of humans. There was also indications that humans were really capable of advancing technology. I'm not a fan of the direction it took but it's not something I hate and it makes sense.
>>
File: fear2.png (168KB, 673x457px) Image search: [Google]
fear2.png
168KB, 673x457px
>>157256093
>they were jews all along
>certain people were immune to the jew mind magic
>they are skilled ORIENTAL warriors

I wonder what he means?
>>
>>157241717
This

If it just stuck to the original premise it would have degraded into what The Walking Dead is now
>>
>>157256280
>they are skilled ORIENTAL warriors
No
>>
>>157246728
There's a theory that during the event 2,000 years ago that led to the Ymir take over the world, the poles of the planet were flipped. This would have wiped out the majority of life on the planet (hence technological regression).

It also would have made magnetic north our south, the result being maps would appear upside down to our own
>>
>>157256280
well apparently the japanese, or at least the ackermans, are implied to be some weird ass byproduct of Titan tests, so they're probably some supersoldier program result
but generally, it's all non-Eldians that are immune to the mind powers
>>
File: 1487633506016.jpg (9KB, 183x275px)
1487633506016.jpg
9KB, 183x275px
>Eren is literally the Attack (on) Titan
>>
>>157250549
Now I'm reading the manga just to see her die
>>
>>157242089
>doesn't feel like the same manga anymore

It doesn't and that is okay, it still has some potentially interesting stuff in it but yes, it will never be the same

>>157244586

All we know so far is a simple legend that is passed through a bunch of sources that had it in their interest to change the whole thing.

We will get the actual story one day with all the memories being connected through the past and future but for now it's pretty much on the same level as the legend son how the walls came to be.
>>157246715

Dude it's not better or worse, it's different and it may or may not work out depending on the implementation. What we got now works, there is no reason for what ifs.

Overall I wasn't interested in the shift at first but now I'm excited to see the eren and crew vs outside stuff.
>>
>>157244966
Anime got it right. Magic is physics by wish
>>
File: jews or nazis.jpg (397KB, 1057x615px)
jews or nazis.jpg
397KB, 1057x615px
>>157256873

Are they a nazi allegory, a jew allegory, or both?

Also, there's only 9 titans with powers, would those also be the only titans capable of thought?
>>
>>157256873
>Magic is physics by wish

Axel Stoll pls go.
>>
>>157256945
Literally jews and yes only them can think properly.
>>
>>157256489
that's the most retarded thing I've ever heard, i've been reading this for 4 years and I've never heard anything this retarded
>>
>>157256559
good good
>>157256556
snk doesn't translate into AoT
>>
>>157257083

But they did eugenics, ruled an empire and claimed to be superior. Jews as far as I know haven't done eugenics, and they were always the bitch of another nation. They claimed to be superior, though.
>>
>>157241620
>all along
Did you think he wasn't at some point?
>>
>>157257291
Jews in this timeline didn't have actual golems they could use to conquer the filthy goyim though.
>>
>>157257291
>But they did eugenics
If they had actually done eugenics for however many centuries there wouldn't be "Marleyans" at all, as Eren Krueger said.
>>
>>157246715
I'm fine with current plot, sounded better any othe theories and possible twists.
Only thing I would prefer not is that time traveling memories what are unneccery (unless its set up for some even bigger twist).
>>
so the plot of attack on titan was a bunch of people who worship Ymir-chan built a bunch of mindless golems (titans) to devour the rest of humanity so the Ymir Master Race could rule unchallenged in a world populated by nobody but Ymirites and mindless eotens, but they didn't bet on BASED NIPPON SUPERSOLDIERS GENETICALLY SPLICED OVER 9000 TIMES and bad dudes like Eren's Dad who subverting their biotech monstrosities to give his son the means of fighting back?
>>
>>157258222
Well, no, you're pretty much totally wrong.
Marleyans, who created the horde of titans outside Paradi's walls, despise Ymir. They created them to keep the "Ymir master race" (Eldians) within the walls and torment Eldians still in Marleyan control. Eren's dad was one of those Eldians, who wanted to get the master titan to help them out and not sit in his wall safe space all millennium.
>>
>>157258222
>built a bunch of mindless golems (titans) to devour the rest of humanity so the Ymir Master Race could rule unchallenged in a world populated by nobody but Ymirites and mindless eotens
fuck no
> BASED NIPPON SUPERSOLDIERS GENETICALLY SPLICED OVER 9000 TIMES
No
holy shit this thread is cancer
>>
>>157258521
>holy shit this thread is cancer

The problem is the shitscans people have been putting out for SnK for the past 5 years. People just read those and then don't read the HQ scans once they come out, so they have absolutely no idea what's going on. Most people in this thread probably couldn't even describe how they caught the female titan and how they would even know that she was coming in the first place.
>>
>>157257291
Jews have been breeding selectively for centuries, so technically, they have been doing eugenics. And as some places on this site would tell you it is very questionable who is whose bitch lately.
>>
>>157257115
>snk doesn't translate into AoT
it kinda does actually
>>
>>157258521
>holy shit this thread is cancer
Just like SnK then.
>>
>>157258650
Do you even realize the manga is almost 8 years old? It has been like 6 since they captured the female titan. It is normal if people have forgotten long time ago and don't give a shit any more to bother rereading or whatever.
>>
>>157258650
armong devised a plot where they would distribute misinformation and real intel about eren's whereabouts and based on what the FemTit did, they could trace her back to a designated unit. I don't remember exactly what happened but this shtick is the oldest in the book. same shit L did to flush Light out and determine he was in japan in death Note.
>>
>>157244104
yeah that really showed that he does not have the guts to kill a main. Letting Armin die right then and there would have been a way better choice
>>
>>157241507
Everytime someone writes this I cringe to death.

>M-M-MUUH SURVIVAL MANGA

Every twist in this manga is foreshadowed. It became primarly about mystery the moment Eren popped out of his titan. It's not that great but at least I can commend that an author actually planned everything from the start. This is probably the mainstream manga with the most re-read value because there are barely any inconsistencies with later story elements and every scene has a new perspective. For example, most of Bert's rantings about someone having to do it or calling the eldians devil's spawn can only be fully appreciated with the context we have now.
>>
>>157241902
>>157241946
this
>>
>>157258846
You don't have to remember every tiny detail, but at least remembering how Erwin managed to realise that a shifter was going to come after them is important.

>>157258959
Armin was not a part of the original plan to capture Annie. Only the SL members who were in the SL before the wall fell and people who could answer Erwin's question were in on the plan.
>>
>>157242003
You're delusional if you think otherwise. Try reading the manga again maybe.
>>
>>157241202
This shit was so bad it makes me depressed thinking about it.
>>
>>157259142
I mix erwin-armin up a lot. it's the same anyway basically though. plot can do well without the kid.
>>
>>157244922
holy shit this man
>>
>>157259307
I mean it's not really the same. The plan was to catch at least one outside of the walls and to find the rest of the shifters by telling everyone Eren would be in different places.
>>
>>157258769
it doesn't you newfag, and don't trust google
>>
>>157259543
annie got intel cut into her palm by reiner. the two were in 2 different intel groups though. the femtit then acting upon reiner group intel gave them away.
>>
>>157259616
but it does translate into Attacking titan which is basically what snk means
>>
Who didn't see this coming? Story just got 10x more interesting
>>
>>157259693
No, Annie was not a part of the SL and never received any intel. Reiner and Bert told her that Eren would be on one side and that's the side that she started with. Armin realised she was searching for Eren and, after being prompted by Reiner, told him where he thought Eren would be. After that he carved Eren's location into her hand.
>>
>>157259764
not attack on titan anon, what were you even discussing if your point was same as me
>>
>>157255544
Not that I know of.

Personally I almost always use Fit to Screen and just press left/right (or A/D) to pass page. With a vertical resolution of at least 900 (and F11 for fullscreen) you're good to go on 98% of manga pages.
>>
>>157244922
That funny thing is that a flipped world is still exactly the same because's there no up or down.
>>
>>157256541
Suddenly the anime-only miniature lightning bolts when kiddy Micaiha went for the stab make sense in canon.
>>
>>157258769
>So I guess I really am the Attackin' Titan.
>>
>>157259938
>what were you even discussing
this guy isn't wrong >>157256556
>>
Do you guys think Pieck was on Paradis the whole time?
>>
>>157242003
I'm rewatching/reading the show and its obvious that he was going to do this. Especially with Grisha.
>>
>>157259973
>That funny thing is that a flipped world is still exactly the same because's there no up or down.

nice catch. though, it the axis tilt is the same then the climates would be vastly different and instead of the majority of the landmass being on the northern hemisphere, it would be on the southern one....
>>
>>157260064
>Do you guys think Pieck was on Paradis the whole time?

camping out on the wall likely. they found Marleyan supplies in utgard castle, that was brought by Zeke/Pieck.
>>
>>157259973
It is not though.
>>
SnK thread without shipfags, what is this sorcery!?
>>
>>157260131
>Pieck stole the booze from Utgard
>>
>>157260188
no, she brought it there. They probably camped there too.
>>
>>157260131
pieck wasn't probably there, they might have gotten her when they sent ymir to marley, if she was there then the supplies wouldn't be left in utgard, she can stay in titan form for months
>>
>>157242003
Wait he really did though.
Reiner/Annie/Bert being in cahoots and being from the outside of the walls was foreshadowed really really early on.
>>
>>157260171
this is not /snk/ general thread, there's no subject in it
>>
>>157260171
Isn't it great?
>>
>>157241202
>We were Jewish giants and and we antygiantism

I stopped reading there. It was lazy and out of place as hell. Anyone can sum up what happen in the sereis since?
>>
>>157260345
it got x10 times better
>>
>>157260133
It is though. North and south only exist as they do becuase some guy long ago said that was the case but what if that guy said it was the other way around? Nothing changes apart from what people say the direction is.
>>
>>157260345
Jesus fucking Christ. I'm a filthy speedreader and even I can see the foreshadowing
>>
What would YOU place in Grisha's basement, /a/?
>>
>>157260390
It got boring as hell. Tension was left out and author gave me
>Look at all this people suffering. Much suffering

I don't know what happens after many people dying and suffering because I dropped it.
>>
>>157260445
A titan.
>>
>>157260390
>actually liking it
What is wrong with you people?
>>
>>157260445
A computer connected to the internet
>>
>>157260410
>wtf is magnetism?
>wtf is a magnet compass?
>>
>>157260495
>what is reading comprehension?
>>
>>157260410
>>157260495 and >>157260091
>>
>>157260475
>doesn't want story to progress
no what's wrong with you anon
>>
>>157258769
What the fuck does "attack on titan" even mean?
>>
>>157260581
it means japs can't into engrish
>>
>>157260629
japs didn't do it, the US did it
>>
>>157260539
All that is based on the fact in our world North is the top of the map but as this world isnt ours North doesn't have to be the top of the map it can be the bottom.
>>
>flip world
>Abraham is a woman
>makes a deal with the Devil instead with God
>Africa is white devil land
>>
>>157260654
>burgers can't even understand their own language
>>
>>157260431
I expected some things sure.

But tell me anon were you saw clear indications for everything? For example for "giants are hebrew", We have WWI or something, Now time for entire arc about giants being persecuted.

When author decided to make an arc which works like "Schindler's List" but you know with GIANTS I got fed up.
>>
I don't mind the Marley WWI stuff. It's what happened immediately before that that ruined the manga for me, I just can't enjoy it anymore after that bullshit with Armin surviving and turning into a titan.
>>
>>157260670
Next you will tell me the world is as flat as a map.
>>
>>157260654
I guess Attacking Titan didn't sound like a good title for a show
>>
>>157260701
burgers thought it would be cool, the synopsis fooled everyone
who would have that we'd be snk
>>
>>157260675
>>Africa is white devil land
South Africa already is
>>
>>157260730
You do know that before the Romans turned up Celts in Britan had thier map flipped.
>>
File: PON.jpg (111KB, 563x752px)
PON.jpg
111KB, 563x752px
>>157244013
A shit writer with a shit plot wrote himself into a shitty corner after 60 SHIT chapters of running through a forest
>>
>>157260756
>still poor as shit
>>
>>157260794
Are you even able to follow a conversation? People are telling you the world would be completely different because of physics, meanwhile you are stuck at your up and down on a fucking map.
>>
>>157245521
>>157242073
What was original ending supposed to be
>>
>>157261005
evangelion style
>>
>>157261005
dark and depressing, everybody died, he said he would totally surprise the readers and shock them, now he says it would be a reckless ending
>>
>>157260866
That is the point, changing which way up or down on a map is does absolutely nothing, that is what the guy was saying, just becasue their world map is flipped isn't going to change the way the world works.
>>
i assume the original ending was supposed to be the shifter traitors tear down the wall and humanity gets eaten, the end. moral of the story: if you don't want to be genocided, PRAISE WALL.
>>
>>157261063
There will be giant holocaust or something.
>>
>>157261063
No balls.
>>
>>157261047
>>157261063
Fuck.
So no details?
>>
>>157261091
It will if it is an accurate representation of the the "up" and "down" of the globe, which we have no reason to believe it is not especially with how different the climates are.
>>
>>157261128
i just want to see the war with the soviet union or whatever they are called in the manga
>>
>>157241507
It's not WW1, you dumbass. It's a fictional event that never took place.
>>
>>157261168
probably the titans inside the walls come out and slaughter everything
>>
>>157261168
probably something about wall titans killing everyone
>>
>>157261226
>>157261247
me and you anon, we are the same
>>
File: machi_4.png (853KB, 841x720px) Image search: [Google]
machi_4.png
853KB, 841x720px
>>157260474
>>
>>157261226
>>157261247
Now that I think of it, seems like Church of Walls had some idea about it scrapped.

It seems like the secret behind it was supposed to be much darker.
>>
>>157259073
>It's not that great but at least I can commend that an author actually planned everything from the start
He's already confirmed that he's pulling shit out of his ass and just rolling with what works
>>
File: snkjrhs.jpg (50KB, 736x829px) Image search: [Google]
snkjrhs.jpg
50KB, 736x829px
>>157260581
It's a pep squad cheer
"ATTACK ON, TITAN!!"
>>
>>157250549
>notKaban
>>
>>157261459
I doubt Nick the priest had deeper understanding about the history behind it all. he may have known the walls are full of titans but that it.
>>
>>157260445
would have been cooler it was empty and already searched by someone else
>>
>>157260445
entire run of the naruto manga
>>
>>157260491
Have any manga actually did some crazy shit like this?
>>
>>157261672
>would have been cooler it was empty and already searched by someone else

sure, maybe some zealous faction of the wall worshippers. then a minor sub plot would be getting the diaries back from them....
>>
>>157261780
no but instead of 3 books that literally explaining everything there would only be some scraps of information left
it would be more interesting than 3 fucking books
>>
>>157250549
race traitors go first, captain genocide will remind them
>>
>>157261670
I mean, why did it even exist? What was its purpose? Why did it gain popularity? It was never really explained
>>
>>157260410
except it is a MIRROR IMAGE
a REFLECTION
NOT a ROTATION
a FUCKING OPTICAL ISOMER
>>
>>157262086
why does religion exist IRL? ppl are dumb and liek to get their minds of things by thinking about surreal shit - much like why we watch anime really....
>>
File: 1448147780095.png (377KB, 594x422px)
1448147780095.png
377KB, 594x422px
>>157262551
well said bro...
>>
>>157241202

Their tech was weird anyway.

>titainium or some other hard metal for swords but nothing else, production method secret
>some characters older than they look, so some method of cryogenics/stasis (being in titan form)
>old characters know things, dead languages
>eugenics/biotech (titans)

I was expecting people outside, with better understanding of the 'lost tech' but just in much lower numbers.
>>
File: 1494612469335.jpg (403KB, 1536x1536px) Image search: [Google]
1494612469335.jpg
403KB, 1536x1536px
>>157241202
How to save a manga in four chapters or less.
>>
>>157265080
>lost tech
there is no such thing
> dead languages
that's just the language used in marley
>>
>>157250549
Gabi is a bitch.
>>
File: 1494804756900.jpg (733KB, 818x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1494804756900.jpg
733KB, 818x1500px
I like this twist a buncj
>>
>>157245383

I really need to go read it again. I stopped just as they were preparing to coup, how long ago was that 3 years?
>>
>>157262551
fa-door-uh
>>
lasto? pls
>>
>>157265156
Who draw this?
>>
You know, the idea of Eldians being demons and shit is constantly being hammered, I can't help but think it's a lie. The power of turning into a titan when injected with titan juice isn't a power at all, it's total crap. The person who turns into a titan loses their mind, it's practically useless as a soldier, with the 9 shifters being the only possible exceptions. Also, they're the only ones susceptible to getting their memories screwed with.

It would make more sense to use titan transformation as a weapon. Turning one of your enemies into a titan and let him rampage around. Eldians' "powers" are a pain in the ass, and if Ymir bargained with the Devil to get that, she got screwed.

I think that Eldians were experimented upon (or cursed, whatever) years ago, to either turn them into Titans to be used in war against other tribes. Ymir found a way to control her transformation, and used that to rebel against their masters for the first time. They just paint her as the bad one because it's good for their cause. That, or the Eldians got shitted on really hard by the Devil.
>>
File: twist.png (134KB, 234x284px)
twist.png
134KB, 234x284px
>>157265491
I dunno It went from mysterious to confusing pretty quick
>>
>>157241818
We knew that even the people there had better technology once and they basically moved to pre industrial state because of the titans.
>>
>>157268057
there's also the theory that ymir was actually the devils and their people got the power to become humans and breeded with humans and led to the current eldian civilization who turn into titans upon contact with the power of their original forms
take saiyans and oozaru for example
Thread posts: 472
Thread images: 28

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.