[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Rei has no personality >Rei is bad >tfw Stay

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5

File: 1464521039251.png (945KB, 939x628px) Image search: [Google]
1464521039251.png
945KB, 939x628px
>Rei has no personality
>Rei is bad
>tfw

Stay in eternal denial
>>
>>157105874
>tfw you'll never protect her smile
Why live
>>
>>157105874
I legitimately don't think Rei is a good character.

Her entire plight hyped up throughout the entire show on who she is, spoonfed to her by Kaworu in a 10 second scene.

Her entire motive in EoE, giving everything to Shinji, only because he was nice to her that one time. Literally the most cliche excuse to like someone which is used in all of harem Anime.

During instrumentality she just becomes a narrator because Anno had no other use for her.
She tells all this shit to Shinji, but it doesn't even matter that it's her telling it to him because we never see any evidence that she would know this stuff.
She knows nothing about communication or human beings, she avoided communicating with others her whole life.

There was nothing to supplement her character arc, you literally had to fanwank what she was thinking and going through.
She becomes a speakerphone in the climax of the series, a plot device.

She is no character in EoE, just words and statements. She's the ultimate example of why Anno's shitty writing and shoddy execution.
He should have let his writing team take care of her like they did for Shinji Misato and Asuka.
>>
If Rei is supposedly a "goddess", how come when she merged with Lilith she didn't stop the MP Evas and bad guys to save humanity?
Why did she merge with them and give SEELE and the MP Evas what they wanted?

Why did she force everyone in her WHEN THEY DIDN'T HAVE A CHOICE, making the guitar guy and Shinji scream and cry?

Why did she only stop when Shinji told her to?

Because she's a plot device.

And what does Rei do after going upstairs?
Merges everything forcibly together and continues to effectively destroy the world.

The majority of everyone around the world were still alive before she joined in.
SEELE's line that everything went as they wanted only occurs when Rei personally tangs them.
She doesn't ask her "children" about any choice when she's forcing them into her. Even causing Aoba and Shinji to scream to death. She doesn't care.
It's Shinji who has to tell Rei to stop, to pull her out of him.
She doesn't offer him any choice, he's the one who tells her he doesn't want it.
And like a good little fuckdoll she does what he wants, despite trying to convince him to stay. Saying people will just hurt him again if he leaves.
But Shinji, like a good realistic character, rejects her and says he doesn't mind. He will still leave.
And Rei, the epitome of escapism, is destroyed.

She's a cunt and you can't defend her.

Rei is not a good person.
Rei is not a goddess.
Rei is nothing more but a plot device in EOE.
>>
>>157107446
Cool pasta.
>>
She's not supposed to. Asuka is my eternal waifu.
>>
>>157107407
>only because he was nice to her that one time
lsn't Rei a clone of Shinji's mother? Also original Rei was his sister if l'm not mistaken
>>
>>157109961
>mfw reifags are into incest
>>
>>157105874
>one frame where the animators decided to make her smile
>suddenly Rei now has "personality"
>>
>>157105874
Rei is for rape.
>>
Asuka is shit.
>>
>>157107407
The point of her character is to be a blank slate, a doll. This is why it's so important that she develops agency and chooses Shinji over Gendo in EoE. She's meant to be an empty vessel but her existence automatically becomes a soul and has free will. She has very little personality but in this context she means a lot to the show as a whole.
>>
>>157107407
Yet she gave birth to one of the most popular and repeatedly used character archetypes in the history of anime. The rest of the 90's and all of the 00's were plagued by Rei clones. Even now we get a new one once in a while.

For some reason all those flaws you mentioned amount to something unexpectedly engaging.
>>
>>157111837
I think that's really dumb if that's all her character amounted to and they should have executed it better.
>>
>>157111951
>The rest of the 90's and all of the 00's were plagued by Rei clones
And notice how those Rei clones are all completely shallow and easily described by one trait: emotionless.

They rarely ever have any character or depth to them, because that's all the Japanese took out of Rei's character and deemed worthy to copy.
>>
File: IMG_1850.jpg (171KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1850.jpg
171KB, 1920x1080px
>>157105874
> hear it all about waifu wars and how Rei is the most perfect character ever
> watch the cartoon
> Rei's a creepy evil robot no human being could possibly ever like
> read some interviews
> the reaction I got is the one Anno intended all along, and the man's confused as to how it came to be (not that it prevents him from merchandising the fuck out of it)
> mfw
>>
>>157113381
Only retards like her
>>
>>157112009
Yet most of them became really popular and deemed "best girl" of their respective shows.

Anno did something right with Rei that works in spite on how many flaws haters can point.
>>
>>157113975
>Yet most of them became really popular and deemed "best girl" of their respective shows.
Actually, no. They're usually labeled the worst of their shows.
>>
>>157114062
By haters only. Just look at Nagato.
>>
>>157114133
No one considered Nagato best girl.
They had to fucking change her personality for the spinoff because everyone hated it so much.

And that reminds me, they always changed Rei's personality to a spunky genki type in all those spinoffs, too.
Not even her fans like her true personality, and that is saying something.
>>
>>157113975
> Anno did something right with Rei
He never figured she'd become popular. She was never meant to be likeable, and her popularity owes to otakus' insecurities-fuelled desire to have a girlfriend who's even less developed emotionally and/or mentally than them. Praising Anno for making Rei is like praising Hitler for making people hate Nazis.
>>
>>157110428
Hey that's a good thing.
>>
>>157114256
This!

>野火:エヴァに乗りたーいっていう男の子がいっぱい出したでしょ。そういうのに、私、庵野さん悪意を持ってたのかなって。コミケ会場で「レイちゃんやっぱり包帯姿だよね」とか言ってる男とかの前を、私は呪詛しながら通り過ぎてたんですけど(笑)、庵野さんもそうに違いないと思ってたんですけど。

>Nobi: Haven't there been a lot of boys saying "I want to ride an Eva!"? And yet, I thought Anno-san might hold malice towards them. At Comiket, there were some men in front of me saying "Rei-chan definitely looks best in bandages!" and I just kept silently cursing at them while passing by. (laugh)

>庵野:うーん、いやけっこう。。。。ああでもそれは似てますよね。俺も「死んでしまえ」と思ってたんです。(一同笑)

>Anno: Hmm, that's a bit...Oh, but I have done similar things. I also thought "They should just die". (Everyone laughs)
>>
>>157114206
>No one considered Nagato best girl
Weak bait but I'll bite. She's the most marketable character of the franchise even outshining the title girl.

>They had to fucking change her personality for the spinoff because everyone hated it so much
The spin off flopped precisely because Yuki was too different from her based counterpart of the original series.

>>157114256
I said he did something right, not that he was aware or willing of it.
>>
>>157115071
Haruhi beats her in the polls every single time.

The Yuki-chan Anime was based on a Manga which was successful enough to get that Anime, which means fans loved it and her different personality enough for them to consider the Anime adaptation in the first place.
>>
>>157115071
> I said he did something right, not that he was aware or willing of it.
That's just ridiculous. It's not that Anno was right by making her likeable, it's that escapists who wank to cartoons all got it wrong. No, appeal to popularity doesn't work, any normal person who watches Eva thinks Rei creepy and Asuka, in dire need of learning to become a proper adult.
>>
>>157115344
And flopped as an anime because fans prefer cool Nagato over moe taaki.
>>
>>157115432
Seems that most of the fandom isn't normal then.
>>
>>157115472
Most Anime adaptations flop.

The Manga is still as successful as ever because they like genki Yui.

Just like Reifags prefer genki Rei in all those successful spinoff games.
>>
>>157115516
> creepy losers who can't tell their sexual fantasies from reality aren't normal
Seems exactly right? It's not like Anno passionately hates otakus to the point of thinking them mentally ill.
>>
Will this waifu war ever end? I mean we all know who best girl is, it's unit 1.
>>
>>157111951
She didn't birth anything. The archetype for kuudere characters existed long before Evangelion, and the same goes for tsundere.
What Anno did was basically to market it and set a definitive form, as well as a balance between different type of "deres". What other anime copied from Evangelion wasn't the idea of a kuudere, but the idea of having one kuudere and one tsundere in opposite roles in the same harem, and even most importantly the intended goal to fetishize the different archetypes and sell them as sexual objects.

Aisha in Mospeada, Setsuna in Sailor Moon, Fuu Hououji in Rayearth, heck, I've even watched a few episodes from 3000 Leagues in Search of Mother and Fiorina is a total Kuudere. And I wouldn't be surprised if Klara from Heidi and/or Candy's friend from Candy Candy were as well. And I'm sure I'm missing thousands of examples.
>>
>>157115723
> heck
>>
>>157115723
"Thousands" is a stretch too far, I meant it figuratively speaking, of course.
>>
File: rh.jpg (77KB, 597x640px) Image search: [Google]
rh.jpg
77KB, 597x640px
>>157115723
Rei is based off of Hotaru from Sailor Moon, as well.
>>
>>157113435
Shut up and go away, Asukafag.
>>
>>157115906
That's right. The archetypes existed before.
Anno's innovation was to market them and sell them as objects of sexual desire. Evangelion is a harem anime cleverly disguised as science fiction.
>>
>>157116220
Anno never intended for the reception to be what it turned out to be. Stop lying, you deceitful little cunt.
>>
Asuka>Rei

Rebuild Rei>Rebuild Asuka
>>
>>157116220
The first part is right, but not the second.
Evangelion is only a harem for Gendo and Kaji.
>>
>>157116401
Of course. When they showed the previews for next chapter promising fan service he never intended to sell sex. Keep deluding yourself and fanwanking, retard.
>>
File: images (12).jpg (29KB, 350x365px) Image search: [Google]
images (12).jpg
29KB, 350x365px
>>
>all this misinformation
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.