[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>completely stole the show for mainstream anime watchers when

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 5

File: trash art online.jpg (114KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
trash art online.jpg
114KB, 1920x1200px
>completely stole the show for mainstream anime watchers when it showed up
>like 6 people still care about it in total
What went wrong? Or more correctly, was there ever even anything that went right?
>>
The movie did quite well
>>
>>157005705
The movie
>>
>>157005705
The only thing that went right with Sword Art Online is that I want to violently sodomize and dismember the author.

That and I want to murder all the remaining fans and the families, because anything that likes SAO deserves to be killed. Murder is justice when it involves the lives of evil and sinful shitty Light Novel writers
>>
It was popular for a reason

The animation was amazing and plot had intrigue. Music was top notch also.

Only bad thing was the characters which can easily be forgiven.

Get a a taste instead of bandwagoning like a fag
>>
>>157005705
Only mindless drones who parrot MAL reviews and e-celebs hate SAO, it was competent but not amazing
>>
>>157008557
More human trash that needs to die then.

Any who defends SAO should be disemboweled and their families slaughtered for their insolence. All hate toward evil incarnate is justified.
>>
>>157008625
More filth who thinks incorrectly?

SAO is seen as evil itself; you should die for defending this garbage
>>
Why can't people get over themselves and recognize if your 10 year old self saw this series you would think it's the bomb of anime? Anyone over 18 criticising it doesn't get the fact this series wasn't designed for you. Especially with his editor making sure they hit that pubescent target demographic.
>>
Was clearly anime of the year it aired in. Most hyped show when it aired each week.

People don't really talk about it any more because the hate meme that got forced afterwards still lingers. Mention you like it and you'll get green texted with reaction images.
>>
>>157005705
>What went wrong?
Isekai.
>>
>>157005705
It's not any worse than any other otaku pandering trash that gets discussed here, it's just popular so it's not OK to like it
>>
>>157005705
I don't get all the hate for this
Looks amazing, sounds great, character designs are very good, Well animated, the MC is pretty good because he's not an edgy faggot whithout being a happy go lucky moron
>>157008776
No it wasn't, GuP came out that year
>>
>>157008776
Most of the hate is justified.

The evil of those with zero standards must be quelled through our righteous rage. Brutally killing an SAO apologist in real life would make you a heroic version of Mr. Anime. That's how just all hate toward SAO is.
>>
>>157005705
It had potential, but was too rushed. Maybe it would have been better if the first series went at the pace and characterisation of the current progressive novels.
>>
>>157008669
I agree with it partly, but this board is not filled with edgy 15 yo's which is why we are discussing how shit it is in contrary to how much it fits to a teenage lifestyle.

IMO I liked it in the beginning but the sequels were the same concept just more ridiculous; what if we give them wings? What if he's a girl? It is more about self insert and making desires come true than anything else, I mean mc even gets the waifu without any trouble at all and is her white knight in shinning armor.
>>
>>157005705
>Spawned an abridged series that is legit good and better than the actual show

Im OK with it
>>
>>157005705
meh it was a mediocre filler anime that targeted people with a wish to escape this shit world.
>>
>>157008894
It's better but it's mediocre.

Trying to fix bad writing and only making something that's only slightly competent isn't enough for me.
>>
>>157008889
Just because a guy has long hair doesn't make him a girl
>>
>>157005705
This your first normie FotM experience? Once the fad passes that's it. Just look at the bomb AoT S2 is. A few years ago it was the hottest shit with normies across the globe. And now it's a flop.
>>
>>157009435
Movie sold well and still got good reviews despite how much the series been bashed over the years. The only thing the bashing did was have people not blindly see SAO as pure perfection, but understand it has it's flaws and it's up to them to decide if they still want to stick with series despite that.
>>
>>157008510
Don't cut yourself on all that edge there sonny.
>>
File: 1484264137469.png (61KB, 276x225px) Image search: [Google]
1484264137469.png
61KB, 276x225px
>>157005705
>like 6 people still care about it in total

Really dude? You know that it recently got a movie out, do you?
>>
>>157005705
>hipster still butthurt over SAO success

hahahahahahaha, go back to your kememe friends circlejerk fedora-kun
>>
File: tumblr_ojwp2roKal1ujg435o1_540.png (181KB, 540x304px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ojwp2roKal1ujg435o1_540.png
181KB, 540x304px
>>157005705
>tfw you dislike SAO but keep defending it to play devil's advocate
>>
>>157010119
I've gotten this bored before.

Nothing wrong with that. Too many shit eaters who pretend they have taste use the show as a shield.
>>
>>157005705
I actually find myself rewatching it occasionally for the mindless entertainment. I love how hype the soundtrack is during the boss fights, and that scene in S2 where kirito transforms into a boss and destroys a raid group.
>>
>>157008836
Well, the show had a lot of quality but helas, the MC is a Gary Stu. It kills all the tension and makes the whole plot and other characters weak because it is just a way to glorify the author's self insert character.

On another hand, the MMO aspect is also really badly displayed. Only Log Horizon seems to get it correctly so far but I can forgive that though.
>>
>>157010229
Because Mamare based Log horizon on his experiences in Everquest. Too bad the second season had to jump the shark with the studio switch and the focus on the kiddie brigade.
>>
I just wis hthe movie had a wider release. I'm not driving to fucking LA from the bay area to watch it. Your Name was literally just 40 miles from me in a hipster movie theater, why couldn't SAO be there too?
>>
>>157005705
I really can't wait for the 3rd season. Alicezation is easily the best part of the whole series. I hope they will not rush it and give it a proper adaption. There's enough material for at least 48 eps.

>>157006101
>>157008326
Is it worth watching?
>>
>>157010269
Yeah, I agree. But what I really enjoy in LH is that the show truely focus on the social aspect of mmorpg and the fact that players are actually players (they don't die for exemple).

SOA in comparison is just a classical shonen with a light MMO taste.
>>
>>157008836
>Looks amazing, sounds great, character designs are very good, Well animated
That applies to plenty of bad anime.

> the MC is pretty good
Not at all. He's a dull self-insert that the story bends over backwards to fellate.

>>157009435
>normie
>normies
Fuck off and kill yourself, cancerous crossboarding newfag.
>>
>>157008836
>sounds great
Yes
>character designs are very good
Yes
>Well animated
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA fuck no.
>>
>>157010535
SAO's sins are not much different than the average garbage people fellate
>>
>>157010278
>hipster movie theater, why couldn't SAO be there too
You answered your own question. SAO is popular, hipsters don't like popular things.
>>
>>157010607
>people
I don't speak for "people," I speak for myself, and I can assure you I don't fellate garbage.
>>
File: Smug dick.jpg (51KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
Smug dick.jpg
51KB, 1024x576px
>>157010730
Sure man, believe your own lies.
>>
>>157005705
You're wrong there, the movie became like the third highest grossing tv anime movie in a significant number of weeks less than the other top 10
>>
>>157005705
Dropped both this and SnK on the first episode. Normalfag anime has a distinct smell.
>>
>>157005705
>was there ever even anything that went right?
Yes nigger there was a lot of people who found something interesting for them in sao despite it's flaws and forced hatred
>>
>>157009733
>Movie sold well and still got good reviews despite how much the series been bashed over the years.

You really think some neckbeard neets on YouTube who pour their lifes passion into hating SAO are watched by Japanese/Chinese/Koreans/South East Asians?
Because those are the actually important markets, in that order.

Hell, even in the West SAO isn't hated by normies or anime fans outside of a small portion of the community who spend their time actively posting on anime forums/watching anime YouTubers
>>
>>157011253
>in the West SAO isn't hated by normies
>I've never been to youtube - the post
>>
>>157010269
>Too bad the second season had to jump the shark with the studio switch and the focus on the kiddie brigade.

I don´t understand why people hate the kids so much. In the first season, they are used to introduce the mechanics of the game and the importance of teamwork, and in the second they go on adventures as a contrast to the main group doing politics and stuff until the goblin war and the raid for shekels.

The kids serve their purpose. Now, if what you are complaining about is that what they show is unnecessary (how MMORPG fighting works, for instance), that´s another thing... but you have to remember that this show was aired in an educational channel, and that Mamare wanted to represent MMORPGs more properly than shit like SAO does.
>>
>>157011253
SAO is very demonized by all the youtube kids.

It's gotten to a point where the people who actually like SAO/the show itself is miles more bearable because they don't bother others unless the clickbait crew want to regurgitate their water is wet rants.

Shirou's just because you're correct thing actually has a point here
>>
>>157011308
>youtubers
>relevant
tip toppest kek
>>
>>157011497
>being this delusional
>>
>>157011497
It's not even about youtubers. It's about viewers who comment how they hate sao. Find any video with sao in it and at least 70% of comments is sao hatred
>>
>>157008669
I watched it at 19 and I liked it though.
>>
>>157011308
Those aren't normies
Met people at uni/school who've watched 1 or 2 anime? 1 of those will be sword art online, and they'd like it too

Hell even people at anime cons are more normie than YouTube internet anime debaters, and it's not just fat losers who can't get over their love for SAO at those
>>
>>157011308
If you think that's what a normie is you might need to go outside
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.