[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>fuck this world >fuck the heroine >I'm going home

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 4

File: fuck your shit I'm outta here.png (1MB, 1304x1854px) Image search: [Google]
fuck your shit I'm outta here.png
1MB, 1304x1854px
>fuck this world
>fuck the heroine
>I'm going home
Why don't more isekai MCs do this?
>>
>>156951045
>arifureita
Ah, yes, fuck this world while I transform into the prototypical chuunibyou edgelord, the one eye'd, robot-armed, magic-gun-building teenage spellsword.
>>
>>156951045
Because people will get cut by all the edge and sue publishers.
>>
>>156951045
And then he gets his loli moeblob just after that.
>>
>>156951045
Try Dungeon Seeker. It's Arifureta as if made by edgy 9 years old on DeviantArt.
>>
>>156951045
I'd like to see Jap's take on Thomas convenant.
>>
>>156951751
You mean it's Arifureta that's actually uses its concept. I wants to see a MC struggling on his own to survive against broken monsters and I'm getting plenty of that in dungeon seeker.
>>
>>156951933
The first monster MC encounters accidentally kills itself, MC gains hundred thousand levels and becomes literally invincible. Where is struggle in that?
>>
>>156951640
and then it turns into Looney Tunes after they leave the first dungeon. There's never a part of that where it goes good. It's mediocre to bad and maybe back to mediocre. Mostly bad, though.
>>
>>156952088
The MC in Arifureta constructs an overpowered gun that can one-shot everything out of asspullium and proceeds to go on an eternal curbstomp from that moment forward. Where is the struggle in that?
>>
>>156952088
>>156952148
both series, as well as every single isekai, are terrible.
>>
>>156951045
Yeah right, fuck being a hero with powers and an interesting life where something happens. Better go back to being a wageslave.
>>
>>156952148
I never said Arifureta was anything but trash. But at least it's drawn by someone who knows what humans look like, unlike Dungeon Seeker.
>>
>>156952199
>the only thing 21st century Earth has to offer is being a wageslave
Why don't you go an hero yourself if you want to go to another world that much?
>>
>>156952238
The publishing company contracting a good artist doesn't magically make the writing any better.
>>
>>156952179
>as well as every single isekai, are terrible.
There are some decent Isekai like Twelve Kingdoms, but you probably don't think about them when thinking of Isekai genre.
>>
>>156952361
Digimon Adventures was a pretty good isekai.
>>
>>156952199
Yeah, who needs not dying of smallpox at the ripe age of 17.
>>
>>156951045
>Why don't more isekai MCs do this?

Because they're lonely orphaned NEETs with nothing to return to.
>>
>>156951045
I just want the MC to be homesick the whole way through, not just at a token point in the story. Remembering things from your old world but ignoring the contexts and feelings you had for them just feels like bad writing. At least show that they're from another world.
>>
>>156952418
>be overpowered hero with a million cheat skills that make you nigh-immortal
>die to smallpox because you don't have the disease resistance skill
>>
>>156952179
Shield hero has a hero that actually struggles, maybe not enough for my tastes.
Subaru in Re:Zero struggles way too fucking much for my tastes but the author has a suffering fetish.
Nai Waa~~ turned into unreadable "I have 6 consciousnesses dedicated to casting magic alone"
Re:Monster featured a protagonist so autistic he made a slave elf harem, killed some gods, and had to get turned into a slime to get nerfed
Mushoku Tensei actually has a slow journey to power, but it got a bit too edgy, all-powerful-god-slayer for me.
>>
>>156952525
>but it got a bit too edgy, all-powerful-god-slayer for me.
Nigga what.
Rudeus doesn't even slay gods in his story.
That's his Magic Jesus (or maybe Anti-Christ would be more fitting) daughter whose story hasn't even been told yet.
>>
>>156952525
>Subaru in Re:Zero struggles way too fucking much for my tastes but the author has a suffering fetish.
Subaru is such a pice of thrash I loved seeing him suffer and die.
>>
File: jlkBQ8ul.jpg (84KB, 456x640px) Image search: [Google]
jlkBQ8ul.jpg
84KB, 456x640px
>described as a modest and no-nonsense type of girl in the novels
>illustrated wearing a midriff-baring top and slut heels
Why is this allowed?
>>
>>156952586
I stopped reading when he made a magic suit of power armor to do some battle with, I don't really remember. I'm planning to reread though, because I did enjoy it while I read it.

>>156952703
I think that's part of the idea, you're watching a piece of trash suffer, struggle, and suffer more, in the hopes that his struggle will redeem him, that there will be a redemption at the end. That, or the author is a fucking sadist and I'm looking through an american redemptive lense like a retard. I think redemption novels are the most satisfying though.
>>
>>156951045
Because when given the choice between being a goddamned demigod and being a pencil pusher I'll pick being a demigod.
>>
>>156953002
Why not both?
Arifureta ends with the MC going back home and retaining all of his TUEEEEEE powers.
>>
>>156951640
>>156952131
And the loli moeblob actively encourages him to get a harem instead of staying faithful to her.
>>
>>156952516
The kind of sucker that usually is the protagonist in these was either a caveman NEET or a wageslave with no one they give a fuck about, they've got zero reason to feel homesick because besides modern comforts and Dai Nippon cooking they lost nothing and gained absurd amounts of power in exchange.
>>
>>156951045
Yeah and then it does the thing every isekai by giving him a harem of fantasy tropes
>>
>>156953389
This. Supposedly he finally starts doing all of them and starts an actual harem but I dropped it at around 100.
>>
>>156953402
But he lost his anime, neet life, and being bullied so he wants to go back.
>>
>>156952088

Is this a comedy?
>>
>>156953622
I honestly have no idea. Was Sonichu a comedy?
>>
>>156953533
Once they hit godhood ala Kumo they can NEET it up all they want and dimension hop on a whim. Or they can just go full Leigie and completely stop giving a fuck and sleep forever.
>>
>>156952361
>Twelve Kingdoms
Is the anime any good or should I just start raeding the manga.
>>
>>156951045
What's a series that has

>MC is an asshole
>Not overtop asshole
>Not asshole because he's secretly scared and vulnerable
>Just a regular somewhat mean and dickish asshole
>He or she never changes at all in terms of being an asshole
>>
>>156953995
Konosuba.
>>
File: 1445198937230.jpg (5KB, 200x180px) Image search: [Google]
1445198937230.jpg
5KB, 200x180px
>>156952251
>>the only thing 21st century Earth has to offer is being a wageslave
Not true. There's also 4chan.
>>
>>156951045
Well, Now and Then, Here and There has a protagonist who isn't having any of the bullshit in the world he's in, although it doesn't necessarily go his own way, at all. He's a delusional, impulsive manlet with more balls than ability to back it up. This never changes either. He doesn't magically get stronger. He just sort of survives.

I think it's satisfying because of this. Yeah, he lives, and things work out, but damned if it's just because him, because it's not. His "I'mma hit you with a stick!" shenanigans are ineffective against older, more skilled opponents, although he does get pretty lucky once or twice at key junctures.

I think it's also kinda fascinating because of how much of a fuckstick King Hamdo is.
>>
>>156953995
Summoned slaughterer and Dungeon defense, I guess.
>>
File: kirby.png (92KB, 300x266px) Image search: [Google]
kirby.png
92KB, 300x266px
Why do people think giving MCs the ability to be skill stealing sponges is a good idea, there's a reason kirby can only steal one ability at a time!
>>
>>156954619
>Why do people think giving MCs the ability to be skill stealing sponges is a good idea, there's a reason kirby can only steal one ability at a time!
Because Kirby is a balanced character.
Isekai MC are meant to be overpowered motherfuckers.
>>
>>156953622
nah I think it wasn't that much of an ass pull. First floor had a powerful monster that the main character couldn't beat, so he used the environment to get the kill. After that instead of leveling up like a normal person would he went MIX/MAX full autism
>>
>>156954344
fuck that show the main character was the most annoying piece of shit in history

The only part I truly enjoyed in all of that was when the soldier kicks his ass and tells him about how his sister was probably raped/killed/maybe eaten alive by animals... he then asks him if he can keep spouting his idealistic bullshit and for once the main character shuts up
>>
>>156951045
There's lots of angry/uninterested MCs on isekai novels.
>>
>>156954349
Dungeon Defense is a fuckin joke, the author introduced game elements and totally forgot about them almost immediately after it was used.

Also doesn't help that the writing's edgy and pretentious as fuck.

the illustrations are a real treat though
>>
>>156954985
Bruh, the thing somehow ended up with the fantasy version of a communist revolution, the succubus being a goddamned republican was nice too.
>>
>>156954950
Their anger and apathy usually only extends to whatever directive (probably "kill the demon king") they're given by whatever/whoever is responsible for them being isekai'd though.

They're still perfectly happy with fucking around in the other world and buying themselves a beastkin slave while collecting skills to become super OP.
>>
>>156953995
Most Chinese stories
>>
>>156955941
If you like petty revenge, years spent in meditation, power pills, and untranslatable names and phrases then Chinese stories are the way to go.
>>
>>156954814

I wouldn't see any reason to level up my Vit stat if I received an ability which made me immune to pretty much any physical stat.

If a game had a mechanic where you could actually out speed magic with pure speed, I'd do the same thing.

Realistically though, most games I've played (Ragnarok) make magic something that can't be dodged, otherwise it would be the most broken stat. So the author fucked up royally in that sense.
>>
>>156956209
Later on the character gets a club to the back of the head and locked up by cannibals, if he did normal stat distributions it would've bounced off his head like whacking a tank with a feather
>>
>>156956209
Vit will save you in an ambush.
>>
>>156956416
Not from poison.
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.