[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>recent hires at production companies has been an 8:2, fe

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: lain2.jpg (203KB, 923x611px) Image search: [Google]
lain2.jpg
203KB, 923x611px
>recent hires at production companies has been an 8:2, female to male ratio.

Why do you think this is?

https://criesinnewtype.wordpress.com/2017/05/08/a-female-animators-take-on-the-current-anime-industry-pt-1/
>>
I don't know i didn't study years of japanese market development, why would you even ask this?
If anyone gives you a genuine answer in this thread that's because they are stupid and think they know more than they do
>>
Because the overwhelming majority of people who are in the anime and manga industry or who have related degrees and experience are female. Most mangaka are female, most editors are female, most art school graduates in general are female.
>>
Men do engineering while women do dumb shit like art.
>>
Because most men are too smart to get into a shit paying job like animator.
>>
>>156915449
Wouldn't you rather have a fulfilling job doing something you love rather than make money at a job you hate?
>>
>>156915482
If you don't have shit taste, you can do both
>>
>>156915482
False dichotomy, every job is going to be a job you hate. You might as well take something you hate that makes you money versus something you hate that makes you jack squat.
>>
>>156915482

At this point in my life money is more important but if you were to ask me again when I'm a bit older I might change my answer.
>>
>>156915449
What I don't understand is that if demand is so high right now, why don't the animators wages go up? It seems like animators in Japan have been fucked since the very beginning of the industry with Astro Boy. I'm not complaining though, Japan is the only place in the world that still has a hand drawn animation industry and I don't want it to disappear. It makes me sad though to see people on here hate on animators when they sacrifice so much just to make animation.
>>
>>156915017
Because anime studios can get away with paying females less due to the wage gap.
>>
>>156915895
>if demand is so high right now
Demand isn't high for skilled animators anon, its high for in-between-frame gruntwork from barely skilled workers, and they can always ship that out to koreans for a third the cost of hiring Japanese. Demand is high in the US for berry pickers but they're not going to pay anything close to minimum wage for that.
>>
>Kotani: Despite being freelance, companies sometimes send me resumes to review. Women tend to prepare their portfolio for job searching, while many people think that men just throw their work around without discretion. Production companies want to take in people who have a strong foundation, so naturally the ratio of women increases.

It's literally just a difference in terms of animation portfolios/resumes. More female animators are getting hired on production companies because women's portfolios show more organization then men's.
>>
>>156915482
That would make sense if animators weren't paid ridiculously small amounts of money.
>>
>>156917100
Where do i buy organizations?
>>
>>156915903
>implying wage gap is real
>>
>>156915482
I have a fulfilling job doing comics and I want to die (well not literally). It's tough winning 1500 usd per month while your younger siblings earn 2000+. But you can't do anything else at this point, so you keep with it back pain and all. I'm sure many animators get in that same spot.
>>
>>156915482
Kind of hard to keep enjoying your job even if it's initially what you love when you aren't even getting paid enough to eat and get very little sleep.
>>
Girls are cute
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.