[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Inazuma Eleven worth watching for anything other than cute

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: inazuma-eleven-53f6d55591596.jpg (537KB, 1000x1426px) Image search: [Google]
inazuma-eleven-53f6d55591596.jpg
537KB, 1000x1426px
Is Inazuma Eleven worth watching for anything other than cute shotas? Semi-serious question. I'm actually considering watching it.
>>
>>156868335
As someone who unironically enjoys it, probably not, it's a show that at times feels more like a children superhero show (What with all of the over--the-top special moves and such) than an actual sports Anime, the writing makes it clear that the series is geared towards small children, being extremelly simplistic and average, and the series' obssession with soccer is borderline ridiculous (If you think Yu-Gi-Oh!'s obssession with making every problem in the world somehow involve card games, don't watch Inazuma Eleven). If all of that sounds appealing, sure, go watch it, if not (Which is likely the case), then don't.
>>
>>156868845
I was considering it because I love me some over the top sports anime. Hajime no Ippo and Kuroko no Basket are my favourites, and they aren't masterpieces of storytelling either. Would you say the writing is even simpler than that in Inazuma?
>>
File: 1476516496306.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1476516496306.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>156868335
I don't actually watch Inazuma Eleven, but have one of my many webms of them playing "soccer".
>>
>>156868964
Not gonna lie - you pretty much fuckin' sold me with that.
>>
File: 1475124537092.webms.webm (3MB, 650x366px) Image search: [Google]
1475124537092.webms.webm
3MB, 650x366px
>>156868964
And another.
>>
>>156869043
Okay, now I absolutely have to watch this. I love over the top, batshit insane action scenes like that and this series seems to be rife with them. Thanks for those webms, kind anon.

Jeez, where were shows like this when I was a kid. I would've loved that shit back then.
>>
>>156869104
What is beyblade and yugioh?
>>
>>156869178
Fair point. Didn't watch Yu Gi Oh, but loved Beyblade.
>>
>>156868953
I will use the first four episodes to demonstrate how simplistic the show is:
During the first two episodes, the main team, Raimon Junior High, is portrayed as extremelly weak, outside of the MC, Goalkeeper and captain Endou Mamoru, the team simply doesn't practice enough to be a match with other schools.
When they are asked for a friendly match with Teikoku Academy, the best team in the country (If they had lost said match, the club would be disbanded), they receive the help of Gouenji Shuuya, an ace Forwarder who helps them win the match.
However, Gouenji isnt actually interested in joining the club, and he only helped them because they really needed his help, when the club is asked to do another friendly, this time with Occult Junior High (Which, again, lose and the club is disbanded, althrough, if they win, the school will pay the entry fee to have the club join the Kanto Regional tournament, the Footbal Frontier), all of the members except for Endou feel like without Gouenji they have no chance of winning.
This angers the other forwarder of the team, Someoka, who starts to train alone out of a desire to prove the team doesn't need Gouenji to win the match, he struggles with his training due to him trying too hard to be like Gouenji, when he has a small conversation with Endou, his training starts to actually produce results and he manages to create his own special technique, Dragon Crash.
Come the day with the match against Occult, Gouenji has now actually joined the team due to stuff i won't get into now, however, Someoka is still bent on proving the team doesn't need him to win, and he manages to score two goals against Occult.
(1/2)
>>
>>156868953

However, when the second half starts, Occult uses their own techniques, which paralyzes the members of Raimon and makes all of Someoka's shoots fail to score, to turn the tides against Raimon, making the score 2-3, and Someoka realizes that he was himself guilty of making the same mistake as the rest of the team (bar Endou), as while the rest of the team believed they couldn't win without Gouenji, Someoka believed they could only win with his own abilities.
After a small conversation, Gouenji and Someoka combine their techniques, Dragon Crash and Fire Tornado, to score two more goals against Occult, making Raimon the winners, Someoka and Gouenji are now friends, and now the entire team is hapy that they get to play in the Regionals.
So that was the small character development in episodes 1-4 of Inazuma Eleven, most other character arcs are just as simple and straight-forward as this, as is the writing as a whole, if this sounds decent enough, go for it. I also skipped a bunch of stuff about Teikoku Academy being shady as fuck, but that would have made the summary too big,
>>
>>156869414
>>156869584
Throw out all references to soccer and it sounds like every other battle shonen to me.

I'd say it's actually a good thing that it has such simplistic writing. That way it can be good as a side thing to watch alongside other, more ambitious things, or whenever my brain is too tired to actually pay attention to anything complex and just wants too look at pretty pictures.

Thanks for this explanation/summary. It was pretty helpful.
>>
If you are above 12 and still watch shit like this, make sure to remove yourself from the gene pool ASAP
>>
>>156869888
Will do ;^)
>>
>>156869888
If you have any intention of breeding you shouldn't be here in the first place, normalfag. Wasted trips
>>
>>156869715
Also, forgot to mention, the plot can get really ridiculous at times, i mean, here's the basic premise behind each major arc in both the original series and the sequel series, GO!:
Football Frontier: Typical sports tournament set-up.
Aliea Academy: Alien invasion, except with soccer, no really.
Football Frontier International: Exactly what it sounds like.
GO!: Sports Tournament, now with extra melodrama and dumb shit (Which again, i unironically enjoy)
GO! Chrono Stone: Literally Time Travel.
GO! Galaxy: Sports Tournament between different planets, again, no really.
>>
>>156870056
>tfw had to drop it at Galaxy because of the cast change
I'll never not be salty.
>>
>>156868335
There's the dragon ball z divegrass edition thing they do.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.