[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

> judging a series' art quality from scanlations You

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: official-vs-scanlation.png (993KB, 1290x919px) Image search: [Google]
official-vs-scanlation.png
993KB, 1290x919px
> judging a series' art quality from scanlations

You don't do this, do you /a/?
>>
aren't boichis girls better drawn than this?
>>
>>156649843
How does that even happen? Did they intentionally smear it?
>>
File: naruto-manga-616-raw.jpg (288KB, 890x1300px) Image search: [Google]
naruto-manga-616-raw.jpg
288KB, 890x1300px
>>156650007
Manga magazines are printed on cheap paper using cheap ink, so the scans universally look terrible.

Muddy, with visible pulp artifacts in the blacks and whites, as seen in this image.

But the worst is screentone and whiteout.

So, scanlation groups like Mangastream, basically, they jack up the contrast levels until the whites are white and the blacks are black (with white specks), then they paint over all the black stuff, redraw the white lines digitally, and then grab as much screentone as they can and either run it through a filter or try to digitally replace it with their own screentone patterns.
>>
>>156650537
or they just have a shit printer
>>
>>156649843
How does Viz get their scans to look so good? Is it just a matter of having more expensive equipment, or is it the skill of the people involved?
>>
I buy most of the shit I read so no.
>>
>>156649843
She still looks terrible, though.
>>
are you guys retarded? OP is not only talking about the quality but of the translation as well.
>>
>>156649843
Those aree still shit even with a better quality.
>>
>>156649843
Its complete and total shit. Literally no one here reads this trash. Please take your normalfag bullcrap elsewhere. I, for one, recommend either /pol/, /tg/, or /g/. They would likely suit you more.
>>
>>156650702
Viz has professional staff and they don't scan stuff, they get the clean raws directly from the japanese publisher, same with Fakku and other legal publishers except CR.
>>
>>156650702
Viz gets their image files directly from Shueisha, digitally. Essentially, the source files submitted by the mangaka themselves.
>>
>>156651077
CR gets clean raws too, depending on the series.

Of course, for older series, even the official Japanese digital editions are clearly scanned from the tankobon.
>>
>>156650928
>normalfag bullcrap
It's basically about cavemen trying to rebuild society after the entire human race is turned to stone, but okay.

I was just using it as an example of how scanlators butcher art.
>>
File: CR2.jpg (474KB, 1132x1600px) Image search: [Google]
CR2.jpg
474KB, 1132x1600px
>>156651135
Really? I'm reading Shirogane Nina and Boku wa Minna no Kawaisou, they have awful scans, translations and typesetting, heck they didn't even bother to clean out of bubbles text.
>>
>>156649843
Art still shit from the looks of it.
>>
If you really like Boichi's artstyle, I suggest reading some "Sun Ken Rock" because it got me into his other works (Leading to this one too).
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.