[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just binged the last 17 episodes of this. I get that he became

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 227
Thread images: 26

File: maxresdefault (2).jpg (135KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (2).jpg
135KB, 1920x1080px
Just binged the last 17 episodes of this. I get that he became a better person but, I still can't forgive him for pic related. He pretty much tried to guilt her into loving him. Chalk full of plot holes as well.
>>
>>156581882
Do you hate yourself or something?
>>
>>156582034
Umm. No. Why?
>>
>>156581882
The dialogue was akward/ poorly written or poorly subbed. The facial expressions were also really akward (pic related).
>>
>I get that he became a better person

No he didn't
>>
>>156584382
>no he didn't
Please explain how he isn't a better person from ep 12-13 compared to the end of the show?
>>
>>156581882
I also just binged the whole series. I think this was at the point where he started to lose his fucking mind until he had his meltdown with Rem. If I remember correctly the events were

>He tries to get back to the mansion but finds everybody slaughtered and dies trying the enter the room that I think Emilia was in
>His second round, he gets caught by cultists, makes it back to the mansion and dies
>His third round hes incredibly desperate and makes a fool of himself, has an encounter with the White Whale and ends up dying

A lot of the time, it was a mix between liking him and not liking him. He was pretty tolerable and enjoyable in the earlier parts where he was trying to figure out what actually happens involving the curses and the attack on the mansion, but he was almost insufferable when he was with Emilia since he was going after her so hard.
>>
>>156581882

Garbage main character for a garbage series. Only /r9k/ Elliot Rodger fanboys meme this shit on /a/ dude.
>>
>>156581882
>I still can't forgive him for pic related. He pretty much tried to guilt her into loving him.
You're not supposed to. He's a despicable main character. Him looking disgusting and desperate like that just added to that.
>>
File: 1492564989438.jpg (91KB, 423x287px) Image search: [Google]
1492564989438.jpg
91KB, 423x287px
>>156585361
Kirito
>MUH SHITTY SELF-INSERT POWER FANTASY FOR 13-YEAR OLD VIRGINS

Subaru
>DETESTABLE SHITTY CHARACTER, IT HAS FLAWS AND CRITICIZES MY WHITE KNIGHT FANTASY AND REJECTS MY WAIFU

you guys...
>>
File: Kazuma.jpg (23KB, 522x522px) Image search: [Google]
Kazuma.jpg
23KB, 522x522px
I cant help but wonder how the series would go if Subaru was replaced by Kazuma.

Lots of save scumming
>>
>>156585599
Op here. I hate both of these animes. After this, if I see an anime being discussed alot on /a/ I'll be sure to stay away from it. Eva was my first mistake. No more.
>>
File: 2cd8da7dfa40ada66d8fd401da190916.jpg (285KB, 1109x610px) Image search: [Google]
2cd8da7dfa40ada66d8fd401da190916.jpg
285KB, 1109x610px
>>156585729
He would abandon the shitty waifubaits. He knows what quality is already.
>>
Re:Zero was an amazing deconstruction of the isekai genre.
>>
>>156586235
It wasn't a deconstruction.
>>
Subarun is an amazing, realistic protagonist.

So many people on /a/ have criticized him for being stupid or cringey or weak but are completely oblivious to the fact that he's actually a lot more tenacious and resilient than any of you ever could be.

You foolish children basically live and experience "human nature" in these anime worlds where people are generally damn competent and great achievers. Real people aren't like that at all, at least 90% of them live shitty lives and make shitty decisions and have shitty attitudes, and I'd say that's probably closer to 99% of /a/ than the general average of 90%.

What makes Subaru great is that he is realistic, yet still driven. He does sometimes have shitty attitudes, he had a shitty life first by choice and later by curse, he did and still does make silly decisions. He seems people he gets to know and love die gruesomely and repeatedly, he experiences the excruciating pain of death repeatedly, he gets betrayed by those he trusts repeatedly, and he still doggedly continues onward until he can achieve his goals with his standards.

But he's weak for not always knowing what to do. He's stupid because he doesn't spot patterns in his timeline as quickly as the reader who receives a greater perspective than he does. He's cringey and unforgivable because he willingly suffers horrors worse than any of you ever could just by the nature of our physical world but feels that he deserves some sort of compensation for it, some sort of understanding for what he's done and willing to do.

Don't be part of the trash who just wants cheaply written characters who always do the most exciting, coolest, most efficient thing possible. Take some time to admire how much effort and genuine knowledge of people goes into crafting a character like this, compared to flat ones like Kirito and Rem.
>>
>>156586007
Wew lad. That's what you get for only going to the threads that go fast and have tons of posters.
>>
>>156586347
Ok then. Teach me senpai
>>
>>156585729
All of Subaru's actions in the first few arcs of the novel were predicated on his love for Emilia. Unless Satella messed with Kazuma's head on the way to Lugnica, Re:Zero would be radically different simply because Kazuma would find Emilia intolerable.
>>
>>156586344
I think your right on this, but also because dispite this he actually may be WORSE then most people. While really fucking intresting as a character, he's... just sorta a dick.

A stupid loud mouthed, self absorbed dick that deserves to suffer. BUT not as much as the series makes him suffer.

Like my reaction watching it was basically always these three steps:
1) Haha, dickhole deserved that.
2) Okay, that's a bit overkill.
3) holy shit this writer is a monster to this character, NO BODY DESERVES THAT LEVEL OF SUFFERING.
4) Okay, he's started to turn it arround... thank god.
5) okay... maybe he learned something from the...

Nope Subarun is being a fucking dumb-ass again. I think that's why I actually liked him as a character, he's a major dick hole and suffers and does come through. He deserves to suffer a bit, but NEVER as much as he does each time. I think ever arch of this series is basically him going through those stages of transition.

Ultimately, I think as a series it what really stands out about it. The main character isn't likeable in a nutshell, however he does well (eventually) with the cards he's been dealt.
>>
>>156587331
He is really self absorbed, yep. The way the family flashback was written was very character-revealing, since it showed that he had great parents yet resented them for basically no reason. But he does truly care about those around him and grows to be someone reliable to them, even if he kinda forces his own beliefs and paves the way he wants to go for them, like with Garfiel and Beatrice.

I agree in that level of sophistication in writing Subaru is what makes Re:Zero stand out. The world building is great too, but not exceptionally better than your typical isekai.
>>
>>156587911
Actually I think the world building might have some hidden depth to it that is only started to be hinted at. For example what purpose does subaru have in this world to begin with?

Nada, literally all his goal has been because he's playing a 'hero'. Think about it, ever SINGLE thing he does as a character is acting like he's a hero in the story (Which is actually the first level of irony to it because based on his non-hero like characteristics) he's definitivily not.

I think the world has a lot of hidden depth that we have yet to see, the light novels have been hinting at it. (though I'm not a fan of light novels so I just read bits and the wiki). However my theory on it is...

Litterally, his whole existance in that world is basically because someone is just fucking with him. They have a pretentious dick like him a power and through him into the world just to... well torture him and see what he would do.

And look at the story writing as well, it really supports it if you recall the first episode. Quite literally he's a nobody, and nothing he does ultimately matters (basically from an outside perspective he's just a lucky bastard (because no one is aware of his 'immortality' thing)).

Plus, think about EVERYTHING in the story, it's kinda like when you step back and realize it nothing is being answered by the plot in this regard. Sure the whale was cool, the politics of the royal stuff as well, and the day to day survial shit is awesome.

But NONE of it matters.

It's like basically a cruel god is just going, how can I fuck with this guy. I think the really intresting part of the series is when we actually really discover why that is, and that's where I think the real world building for this series exists.
>>
>>156586344
But muh realism

I would rather anime be entertaining then suffer threw cringe level dialog and autism
>>
File: SMH.gif (59KB, 182x249px) Image search: [Google]
SMH.gif
59KB, 182x249px
>>156586007
>animes
>>
>>156586344
This is called pseudo-intellect.
You guys keep braging about realism when Subaru is generic as shit.
You want some realism ? How the fuck is he trapped in this world ? Where this world come from ? Every one would chose Rem over everyone because shes the only one available for him as a totured/neet/otaku whatever you wanna call him.
Re:zero is another generic Isekai like many. You guys are so used to these generics series that when the MC show some retarded feelings, you are blown away and go ape shit about "originality".
>>
>>156584601
He isn't. It just happens that everybody decided to suck his dick after he made the deal with Crusch.
>>
>>156581882
How come every image I see of this guy on /a/ is off putting in some way
>>
>>156586344
>if a character isn't perfect then he is realistic and well written
Reddit is your place.
>>
File: 1489700060302.png (492KB, 614x578px) Image search: [Google]
1489700060302.png
492KB, 614x578px
>>156586344
Believe it or not anon, most people actually aren't pathetic, weak, retarded, sad pieces of shit. At least not on /a/.
These types of characters just make it easier for character development, and I guess being able to relate to the character because, let's face it, we all know what type of people watch this type of show.
>>
>>156581882

This was the scene in which made me love this character because for all the bullshit he did, as the readers, we know he 2as right. Emilia would have been dead several times over if it werent for Toyota. Him losing his mind like this is what makes him more human but no one in the show can understand how OP he truly is, except for the true mary sue.
>>
>>156591155
>losing his mind and acting like a dick means he is a human!
I hope I never meet one of those "humans"
>>
>>156591238
Do you ever turn of the mangos and go outside?
>>
>>156591155
He became conveniently retarded for the sake of then narrative at just the wrong moment. So did Emilia, although she basically functions as a dangling carrot devoid of any consistent characterization anyway.
>>
>>156591155
Oh look, a Re:zerofag who also reads the LN. Shocker. The scene was awful and the writing gave no set up for it. Shut the fuck up fucking fag
>>
File: 1481688809209.jpg (27KB, 529x251px) Image search: [Google]
1481688809209.jpg
27KB, 529x251px
>>156586007
>animes
>>
>>156590408
Did I ever use the term "original?" No. I read a good bit of literature and characters like Subaru aren't uncommon at all in western high fantasy.

>You want some realism ? How the fuck is he trapped in this world ? Where this world come from ? Every one would chose Rem over everyone because shes the only one available for him as a totured/neet/otaku whatever you wanna call him.
Are you serious? Character realism =/= situational realism, come on. And you try to call out others on "pseudo-intellect?" Pfft.

>>156590718
I've been on 4chan since 05. Its not something i'm proud of but it's pretty laughable that you try and send others there when that's where you likely found this site. Subaru's not well written because he's flawed, he's well written because his flaws are well explained and defined by human nature and psychology.
>>
>>156592090
Wow. Youve been here for 12 years and youre still a newfag. Impressive.
>>
>>156589222
Maybe so, but the author already put a character who has that type of personality in play and would make Subaru live out almost the exact situation you describe, for her amusement, would he join with her (Echidna, she's another pretty damn great character).

I'm not expecting too much from how the worlds are connected, but i'd be pleasantly surprised if Tappei did something clever there.
>>
>>156581882
Can't blame him honestly, every time he made progress getting closer to Emilia it all got reset. In this type of genre it's okay to see protagonists turn into cunts.
>>
>>156581882
What, are you talking about the part where he tries to guilt trip her into not heading off to her death?
>>
>chalk
Its chock you retard
>>
>>156593218
>this type of genre

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>156593518
repeats/loops
>>
>>156593518
isekai
>>
>>156594003
But Re:Zero is a deconstruction of the isekai genre
>>
>>156581882
Subaru knew he fucked up and did what he could to desperately salvage the relationship: double down on his retardation. He wasn't trying to guilt her into loving him per se; he was trying to make her feel indebted to him so he could stay by her side. (Emilia doesn't know about his feelings and has no grasp of the concept. She has never loved nor been loved by others, which contributes to the problem --she can't comprehend why he's so crazy around her. And here he is magically thinking she'll understand him like the world revolves around his ego.)

The witch stuff aside, why couldn't he be honest? Because he hates himself yet is desperate to be liked, so he puts on an act.
>>
>>156586344

There is a deeper problem with subaru for me, but that comes from the writing of the world itself.

Like when he dropped his spaghetti trying to defend emilia in the palace, he made a lot of people angry in that room for no reason at all, subaru knows he is living in a medieval world where people are killed or tortured for little or no reason, he knows making the wrong people angry can get him killed very fast, he knows the truth about satella and the reason why someone like Emilia would be hated, he knows anything he does will reflect back on Emilia because he is part of her household, and he still goes on and makes a fool of himself, simply because the author was forcing him to be a retard so he could advance the story and have cheap drama between subaru and emilia.
>>
File: tertdsfgdfg.png (240KB, 629x421px) Image search: [Google]
tertdsfgdfg.png
240KB, 629x421px
>>156592062

>reading left to right
>>
>>156594082
>people unironically believe this
>>
>>156595223
Any arguments, mr bait?
>>
>>156594926
He should never have come when he had promised Emilia he wouldn't. He's convinced he's the hero of some animu/vidya/ln fantasy story and Emilia is his heroine so he recklessly jumps to her defense, or at least that's what many get from it.
>>
>>156595550
>He's convinced he's the hero of some animu/vidya/ln fantasy story
but... he is
>>
>>156581882
This wasn't second hand embarrassment.
This was a runaway nuclear fission of autism material that emitted 30 kilotons of embarrassment that contaminated anyone exposed. Even those not present or even aware of such a happening were contaminated just from being around the victims. Lesser men committed mass suicide out of sheer cringe. Those that survived can only look forward to passing on their now malignant and mangled genes onto their children, forced to bear the memory of that day, branding and disfiguring their minds and bodies, ensuring their social ostracization and a weak bloodline.

>implying I'll have children
Of course not, dipshit, that scene rendered me sterile.
>>
>>156595648
In a meta sense. But he's not aware of that, he just assumes it.
>>
Honestly, I'm don't understand why didn't commit suicide at that point. You fucked everything up, fuck it, just reset and do it again, this time without sperging out.
>>
>>156596088

>not just not sperging out in the first place

Also, Subaru is a giant coward in terms of death. Despite getting killed dozens of times, he has an absolute fear of it. The entire rant gave which OP is referring to also makes zero sense. While Subaru is 100% correct in saying he's the reason why Emilia is even alive or able to have this opportunity (AKA not getting her dumb badge stolen, not getting disemboweled, etc), he can't expect her to be grateful for that shit because he's the only one who really experienced it.

Maybe eventually we'll get some fancy scene with Satella mindfucking everyone by letting them know how much shit Subaru has gone through (notably Rem brutally murdering him), but for now, Subaru can't just yell at people and expect them to be grateful for things that technically never happened.
>>
>>156596398
>Maybe eventually we'll get some fancy scene with Satella mindfucking everyone by letting them know how much shit Subaru has gone through (notably Rem brutally murdering him),
That would actually be incredible.
>>
>>156591679
As someone who actually has read a bit of the source material, I can't disagree with anything you said. Subaru's behavior wasn't supposed to come out of nowhere like that. He's clinging to her because he feels lost in this new world, and has false expectations she'll always understand and comfort him. That she's his reason for living.

It gets so bad, people suspected the Witch was manipulating his emotions, and there was a line that hinted at that.

Then he starts treating Rem in a similar way, using her as his new security blanket, which she takes full advantage of to get him to take back his rejection two days later.

In short, Subaru is pretty pathetic, and the anime made the mistake of making him look less pathetic. Which makes some scenes all the more jarring.
>>
>>156597702
>and has false expectations she'll always understand and comfort him
I suspect the lap pillow scene in episode 8 gave him those expectations?
>>
>>156598921
Bingo. He's got a bad habit of slipping into worshiping her as an idol, rather than treating her as a proper person.

He had something of similar problem with everyone in Arc 3, not really considering their interests. He had a slightly better attitude towards Rem, but would still try to take advantage of her feelings for him to deceive and manipulate her. The anime makes her look too simpleminded and selfless.
>>
>>156592090
>Defined by human nature and psychology

The man dies multiple times for someone he lusts over. Like, at that point in the story, his relationship with Emilia is so tenuous that it would have been far more understandable if he'd given up and fucked off to do something else. In fact, up to the end of the anime, this effectively remains the case.

The man rarely, if ever, tries to figure out the grander narrative of the world he's arrived in, heck, you think for someone who had just arrived in a new world, you'd have a lot of questions; Am I dreaming?, Where am I?, What kind of people live here? Can I or will I ever end up going home? ect.

But even when presented with the opportunity to ask these questions at the mansion, he instead decided to concern himself with the cute girls instead, when really the "realistic" actions you speak of would involve some kind of desire to learn.

Even if those questions aren't answered, they have to be asked for the sake of presenting a "realistic" facade.

Also, I'm not asking for the character to be flawless but it's very hard - as a viewer - to care about a character that willingly walks to his own death. I mean, at one point, he basically walks into someone's knife during the alleyway conflict and even after he realises he can time travel, decides to willingly walk into the alleyway full of armed bandits.

Or the time he (knowing that he is going into an uncertain situation involving aggressive criminals) decides that rather than get the gem and leave ASAP, will instead inform everyone of his moralistic intentions for the gem and ends up getting sliced apart.

Or the time he catches a man-sized mace (thrown by Rem) in a perfectly horizontal line and doesn't immediately die - like I'm sorry but if the author is going to talk about realism, they should try to get down the basic details first.
>>
>>156586344
Anti-subaru fags BTFO.
>>
>>156581882
I still don't see what he actually did wrong there.
>>
Tell me how you would end up if you had to see your friends and loved ones get killed over and over again, and having to die multiple times without knowing when you will truly cease to exist.

Honestly I can't blame him for going insane, but I do agree the scenes felt really awkward and cringy at times.
>>
>>156581882
The anime isn't a very good adaptation. It leaves out a lot of shit.
>>
>>156581882
I dont like how his personality just changes to fit on the episode.

>"I'll die any day to protect the innocent" Then throw himself to a bunch of dogs to be eaten alive (Like any shonen hero).
>"I'm scared of dying even if its to protect my loved ones" (like a drama hero like shinji or madoka for example).
>>
>>156586344
t. Rem
>>
>>156600042
It's tied to the amount of strain he's under, and his chances of survival no matter which choice he makes. Oh, and a surprising amount is decided by if a girl held his hand or not.
>>
>>156585729
He would never let himself become a servant saving himself the suspicions
He would have ditched emilia noticing how much of pain it would be to be her friend
He would probably befriend swordboy and just ride his noble coattails to comfy.
>>
>>156584601
He realized he was a piece of shit. That's a start.
>>
File: AaaBE6TCIAAgsyi.png (36KB, 193x193px) Image search: [Google]
AaaBE6TCIAAgsyi.png
36KB, 193x193px
>>156586235
>deconstruction
Dark take on a genre=/=deconstruction
>>
>>156600775
It has fun subverting a few cliches, that's all.
>>
>>156586948
>Kazuma would find Emilia intolerable
Eh, I doubt it. Kazuma would be ecstatic about getting isekai'd just like in his own story, and he'd think meeting Emilia was a romantic event. Same as Subaru, in other words.
>>
>>156581882
READ THE WN YOU FUCKING NIWAKA FAGGOT
>>
>>156586344
tl;dr
>>
>>156600929
He'd probably try to take advantage of her from the start.
>>
>>156601098
He'd be an idiot to try and take advantage of an ice mage who saved him from muggers, and Kazuma isn't an idiot.
>>
>>156601260
here's how kazuma takes advantage of emilia
step 1: make her indebted to you by helping her find the medal since she's probably an important person
step 2: after she takes you to her mansion and the margrave asks what you desire for your reward, ask for massive amounts of money and leave
step 3: profit
>>
>>156601369
>kazuma's village gets attacked by assrabbits/nastysnake/fartwhale/witchcult
>>
>>156600929
In the original WN, not the LN, Subaru actually acted more like a scumbag Kazuma-like character in the first few Arcs. He was actually talking with Roswaal about his hopes he'd be able to lose his virginity to Emilia, perved on the maids a lot more, and generally made an ass of himself in a variety of ways. He actually spat on Roswaal's chair, openly wondered if Ram was a prostitute, and would often imply that Roswaal was having regular threeways with Rem and Ram.
>>
>>156589222
Dude what. Roswaal wants Emilia to win so he can kill the dragon. Kill the dragon and Satella's banishment might be lifted. That's what I got from the first 3 LN volumes. There's nothing subtle about the whole plot. Subaru is just a pawn put there to ensure Emilia's path is paved.
>>
I binged watch last month too, I didn't notice any plotholes. Other than Rem being twisted and contorted to fuck and then able to crawl over to him.

What were some holes??
>>
>>156601535
Close, but not quite. Roswaal is doing everything for someone else. Subaru's purpose in the other world has yet to be fully revealed.
>>156601538
I'm not sure if there are any particular plotholes, though there are some oddities because of how they chose to change or leave out details in certain scenes.
>>
File: 1489612670624.jpg (194KB, 1531x766px) Image search: [Google]
1489612670624.jpg
194KB, 1531x766px
One of the problems I had with subaru was this, learning to work in the mansion is well and good, he has a place to sleep and will no longer starve, but he almost never tries to learn about the political and social workings of that world.

I mean, for someone who fears death, he should have focused on learning the workings of that world, what is the religion here? What kind of god those people believe in? What is considered bad manners? How can I avoid being tortured to death because I made someone angry over a dumb social mistake?

But subaru never asks those questions, it took him being raped to death twice by Rem and her big juicy spiked metal dick for subaru to seek beatrice and learn more about the world and why Rem wants to kill him over and over.

I even disliked him trading the cell phone at the beginning to get Emilia royal gem back, okay he knows he is alone in that world, he knows he has no money, dont know how to work, and is probably going to either starve to death or whore himself for people who have that kind of taste, by a blind turn of luck people in that world are willing to trade more or less 15 or 20 blessed gold coins for that cellphone of his, this is enough money for him to buy huge patches of land and become a rich farmer, or he can pay to learn a craft and buy a house in the city to open his own store, instead of doing something smart like this, subaru is willing to trade away his only chance at a easy life in that world, instead all he wants is to get back some shitty gem, for a girl he barely knows who would probably just take the gem and tell him to fuck off.

He could literally become a successful minor lord with those 15 gold coins, with a house full of maids dying to have a child with him, instead he follows his dick and gets raped to death countless times for his trouble, sometimes I think Subaru is just retarded.
>>
>>156601490
One of the few minuses when a work gets published from narou. Sometimes the writing is so shit you have to rely on editors to save it. But there are instances where they butcher the original instead or tone it down considerably. Not talking strictly about Re:Zero of course but just in general.
>>
>>156601538
Just some stuff that didn't get enough screen time in the anime and felt like it came out of the blue.
>>
>>156601683
>A character should think like me or else they're retarded
Stop self-inserting.
>>
>>156601726
Well, I honestly think the writing of Arc 2 was improved in the LN. The author didn't seem like they had settled on the style they were going for until the second half, when he stops imagining every girl having sex with Roswaal.

However, the issue of butchering comes up at the tail end of Arc 3. I believe there was an interview where it was mentioned that the author was taking suggestions from the anime team. Entire loops got cut and scenes were changed significantly, and developments that the anime didn't feature started to be swept under the rug in the LN as well.
>>
>>156601683
If he was in a normal Isekai place then sure, but Archbishop's and Mabeasts exist. People underestimate Archbishop's because of Petelgeuse but the strongest among them can kill entire cities, I believe the strongest one actually has absolute offence and defence.
White Whale is also not that bad compared to the great rabbit and especially the black snake
What I'm saying is that he would eventually get involved with these things and get himself killed
>>
>>156601683
the story becomes interesting when you dig deeper into the story, and you see a bunch of clues that, powers that defy logic in that world come at a cost, and subaru's return by death is no exception. in 2 short stories posted by the author, subaru goes mad from overusing return by death and loses his fucking mind, either becoming completely obsessed with emilia or just becoming a psychopath. also, the person who gave him that power, the witch of envy, looks exactly like emilia, and it's implied that his feelings for emilia are artificial and planted on him by the witch.
>>
File: Arm1.jpg (325KB, 891x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Arm1.jpg
325KB, 891x1280px
>>156601896
>and it's implied that his feelings for emilia are artificial and planted on him by the witch.
It's briefly hinted that's involved somehow. Emilia herself is tied to some weird with shit.

But if we're going to talk about something interesting and completely unrelated. Just some pages of Petra visiting Subaru when he was injured. Take note of the camera angle, and how one of Subaru's arms is never shown. Someone could be sitting by his side and holding his hand the whole time, and you wouldn't even know.
>>
File: Arm2.jpg (370KB, 891x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Arm2.jpg
370KB, 891x1280px
>>156602018
I mean seriously. Where is his other arm?
>>
>>156581882
He isnt a good person, but he slowly very slowly gets better.

The dying a lot also helps.

ARC 4 really helped him become a better person
>>
File: its under the bed.png (69KB, 352x256px) Image search: [Google]
its under the bed.png
69KB, 352x256px
>>156602039
i mean....
>>
>>156602083
You're not getting my point. One side of the bed is cut out by the perspective.

Rem is conspicuously absent from every panel of the story, and we know she's sitting there holding his hand after he's injured. The perspective never gives you a good look at the other side of the bed.
>>
>>156602190
yeah but i don't think thats important anon.
>>
>>156596398
>Also, Subaru is a giant coward in terms of death. Despite getting killed dozens of times, he has an absolute fear of it.
I mean, he assumed that his resets are limited, which is a very safe stance to take.
>>
File: 016_1485052185.jpg (197KB, 891x1280px) Image search: [Google]
016_1485052185.jpg
197KB, 891x1280px
>>156602224
It's very important. Rem even acts like she was there when the children visited. I'm sure a lot of people know what I'm getting at.
>>
>>156581882
>Chalk full
Nigger.
>>
>>156602364
I feel like you're reading way too much into it
>>
>>156596398
>>156596484
Well if the theory that Echidna is around again, its possible shell share all the deaths Subaru has had, like when he got showed the aftermaths of his deaths.

It would truly be a mind break to anyone who saw it.
>>
File: 1478342602937.jpg (25KB, 320x285px) Image search: [Google]
1478342602937.jpg
25KB, 320x285px
Are we commandeering this now?
>>
File: 017_1485052185.jpg (219KB, 891x1280px) Image search: [Google]
017_1485052185.jpg
219KB, 891x1280px
>>156602405
Nah. I'm saying the story is based on Petra's memories. The panels are all arranged so you can't see someone there. If you look at it, the view blocks off right where Rem should be sitting. It's really quite clever.
>>
>>156601810

>>A character should think like me or else they're retarded
>Stop self-inserting

Ah, I must love and approve of every dumb thing he does or I am a butthurt self inserting faggot? Fuck off dude.

Ironic enough Subaru behaved like every other self insert shitty mc that plagues all light novels, he risked his life multiple times for a girl he knows for 5 seconds and got rewarded for it, just like very other wish fulfillment story out there.
>>
>>156602018
>manga
>camera angle
>caring about some shitty manga release
What.
>>
>>156602671
It's connected to the plot twist at the end of Arc 3. I'm going to look through the LN version of this short story, but I've already skimmed enough to know Rem's name is never mentioned and that she has no speaking lines.

She's been erased.
>>
>>156595549
Any argument it is deconstruction? Re:Zero is straight isekai, no matter how you look at it. Maybe it subverts some tropes, but that's it. Konosuba does more deconstruction of isekai than Re:Zero.
>>
>>156602864
anon you are very much confused, this is the prologue of arc 2 and rem is erased in arc 3 when she meets the whale and gluttony.
also, an erased person cannot move as they have been removed from time and are stuck in a sleep-like state where they do not age, and their metabolism isn't working. only a faint heartbeat and breathing can be seen from them.
>>
>>156602947
He's saying that since the story's from Petra's perspective, it's purposefully omitting points where Rem did anything since she's been retconned, and is hypothesizing that the story is actually being narrated post-arc 3
I think he's making way too big of a fucking deal about it
>>
>>156602947
No, he means this is what Petra's memories of her times of Arc 2 look like after Arc 3
>>
>>156602981
>I think he's making way too big of a fucking deal about it
I'm not making a very big deal about it. Ram is definitely in this story, since I have the LN version. Rem doesn't seem to be mentioned at all. I'm just commenting on how it's noticeable how they set up those panels.
>>
>>156602981
It would be easier if he could just say what he means with words instead of pissing around for 3-4 posts being tee-hee you know what im getting at ;)
>>
>>156603067
I thought I was being blatantly obvious.
>>
>>156581882
it was shit in general
>>
>>156586344
>realistic Protag
Realistic does not mean being a retard problematic kid, anon-kun.
>>
I never watch an anime because of the protagonist anyway.
But I think he's funny albeit cringey.
Tolerable.
But with so many interesting characters, I usually don't care much for the protagonist.
I don't need to self inser
>>
>>156602590
Because helping out someone who helped you first totally means that you like a LN protagonist instead of decent human being.

And yes Emilia yes totally jumping his cock right away, and they didn't become friends or anything got know each other over a month.

No sir, you are retard with mental capacity who can't see beyond extremes. Just because you an asshole who is incapable of looking out for anyone other than yourself no matter what.

Good thing we many who do.
>>
>>156601683
Stupid idealistic scenarios like this ever happen, even moreso in real life. Living another country where dont' know anything is hard enough, but in another world is magnitude worse and far more complex "if just sell this or invent this, I'll be rich!". No you more likely to get mugged or swindled out of everything you have before ever start anything.

It just another cheap way of thinking you some badass who survive gunfights or some shit.
>>
>>156584382
Sabaru has become more rational in his decisions and tone after episode 18 although his goals was out of his self interest.
>>
>>156581882
This was interesting and being a selfish prick is how I'd expect a NEET loser to act. It's a shame this kind of selfishness doesn't come out in his character more.
>>
>>156602944
>Konosuba does more deconstruction of isekai than Re:Zero
explain
>>
>???: <Yes... my dear grandchild... must've grown up well...>

Couldn't this be Theresia speaking about Reinhardt?
>>
>>156602018
>>156602039
Anon, where did you find the raws of that new chapter?
>>
I don't understand why do people hate him so much. He has gone trough a lot of shit, went full DAMAGED and its a miracle he could heal.
>>
>>156607662
The problem is that every time he goes through some shit and is supposed to come out of it as less of a dumbass, he just reverts back to his original memelord state.
>>
>>156585729
He would've had enough of dying at some point and would derail the plot in favor of some other story (living comfy/getting out/anything)
>>
>>156607799
well he still became a better person at the end.

Also if I was Subaru this show would be a lot darker, and it would end with Elza arc. If you know what I mean
>>
>>156585729
Maximum Rem and Emilia bullying.
>>
>>156590955
>Believe it or not anon, most people actually aren't pathetic, weak, retarded, sad pieces of shit.
>At least not on /a/.
hahahahahah
>>
File: 9tp0zWw.jpg (110KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
9tp0zWw.jpg
110KB, 1200x675px
>>156602944
>Re:Zero is straight isekai, no matter how you look at it
Lmao

>>156586235
>>156586320
>>156600775
>>156594082
It's initially a deconstruction (realistic consequences of the premiss), then becomes a reconstructions (tropes are played straight but starting from acknowledging said realistic implications).

Most of the arcs by themselves work like this, the whole story does it on a global scale with the turning point being From Zero.
>>
>>156586235
>>156586320
people use deconstruction as an excuse for liking a show in a genre they usually hate.
>>
Reminder that this scene is true anime kino and will likely never be out kino'd for a very long time
>>
>>156581882
This show was horrible
>>
>>156608023
'member the days when deconstruction was just criticism and reconstruction was just repairing something that was damaged?
>>
>>156581882
That scene was creepy. He actually looked like he was about to rape her and she just stood there like a dumb ass.
>>
>>156609097
Wasn't that the point? It showed Subaru's drastically deteriorating sanity as well as how even his close friends couldn't understand his struggle.
>>
>>156608023
Everyone has all these weird ideas about Re:Zero, when the whole thing is obviously just a wish-fulfillment Isekai story. It's more a celebration of wish-fulfillment than a rejection. Just that as a story about wish-fulfillment, it takes a closer look at the process of fulfilling those wishes and makes the protagonist have to work for it, while acknowledging that the other characters have their own wishes to fulfill. It looks into how those wishes change over time, how one overcomes the obstacles to fulfill them, and plays around with the monkey's paw thing.

Or it shows how wishes can turn rotten if one never grows along the way to reaching them, and remind singlemindedly obsessed with it. Roswaal exists solely for the sake of his mad wish. The Bishops and Witches had tremendous power that grants them their desire, but they've all got tunnelvision and the Bishops have no drive to improve themselves. Regulus had social anxiety and disliked the influence of others, and now he's a hikkineet with god powers. An absolute arrogant and pathetic monster, who never needs to improve himself and can murder anyone who thinks he should.

Reinhard is the guy who's depicted as what Subaru originally wanted to be. However, people treat him as inhuman and he has no close bonds with anyone. He's living Subaru's dream, and it's lonely and empty.

That's also the importance of Rem still continuing to pursue Subaru romantically. If she doesn't do that, she's just a stepping stone and tool for him.
>>
Has Tappei said anything about when will he return to posting WN chapters more frequently?
>>
>>156610721
>Implying everyone wants to be MC
No thanks, I like seeing the suffering not experiencing it
>>
>>156611654
I never said it was a self-insert story. I said it was about wish-fulfillment.
>>
>>156608314
Him mumbling betelgeuse the entire time ruined what would have otherwise been a great scene.
>>
>>156610721
>Regulus a Hikkineet

He has 78 wives, why would he bother going outside anymore?
>>
>>156611774
If we want to see the dude get fixed through the series, then yea I'm okay with such wish-fulfillment
>>
>>156607897
Would he actually bully them though?

He bullies Aqua because shes stupid and fucks everything up all the time.
>>
>>156612758
No. That's basically his personality. He REEEEE'd at all the normies, and became a total recluse without any real ambitions. He lives his life for the pursuit of feeling kind of okay about himself and who he is, and never changing.

Then he got superpowers.
>>156612771
I was just pointing it out as a theme of the story. Because Subaru still has to put the work in to get what he wants, his wishes also change as he grows and matures.
>>
>>156610721
>It's more a celebration of wish-fulfillment than a rejection. Just that as a story about wish-fulfillment, it takes a closer look at the process of fulfilling those wishes and makes the protagonist have to work for it, while acknowledging that the other characters have their own wishes to fulfill. It looks into how those wishes change over time, how one overcomes the obstacles to fulfill them, and plays around with the monkey's paw thing.
That's a really neat way to put it, though I'm not sure if wish-fulfillment is supposed to be interpreted that positively.
What would be a wish-fulfillment story in the same vein?
>>
>>156613242
Whether it's supposed to be interpreted that positively, that's what it is. Who's to say you can't fulfill your wishes? Maybe you can take it overboard like Roswaal, live without any real desires of your own like the "perfect" Reinhard, or become twisted like the Witches and Bishops who were given the power to make their defining desire manifest.
>>
Finally catching up on the last few chapters of Arc 4. The conversation between Ram and Roswaal does make it sound like her mind was influenced by the contract. Also, I never saw anyone mention this line.
>Emilia: “I've had the thought countless times, and denied it countless times, but... yes, a nightmare
really did catch up to me. And so I'll say it.”
So, whoever Emilia is saying she hates, it's a thought she's been trying to deny. This passage also stood out to me, and not because it's obviously Rem. More about how it seems to reply to Emilia's thought by affirming she's mistaken to wish for favors.
>—Then, was it wrong of her to choose this path? Was she mistaken to wish for any favours?
>???: <—I believe that to pray for favours is hubris. Prayers are for when you seek forgiveness.>
>—In the final world of light, a girl that Emilia has never seen awake and speaking talks.
>I'd like to have a proper conversation with her, she thinks.
>The sentiment proves more than enough for her deny the rejection of everything.
>>
>>156614618
We had a long debate over it but didn't come to any definitive conclusions.
It's just strange because while she says that she hated that person from the start, the "maybe" in
>“Maybe we really shouldn't have met after all.”
shows that she actually still has some lingering doubt whether she should say that. It's contradictory. There's not many people she would have hated from the start and pretty much none she'd still have concerns about cutting ties with.
>>
>>156587331
he is only 17-18 years old give him a break not to mention that he was living as basically, a neet and may have or not have dropped out of school.

just think about it when you are around that age (17 cause that was the age he got isekai'd) he doesnt perceive the world as good as some might think he would or should have.
>>
>>156615105 (me)
to add as well he is really Green.
>>
>>156614916
I know it's impossible to come to any definite conclusions. I'm just wondering what they're getting at. It's pretty clear Emilia is trying to push someone away in that scene. Someone who she feels she needs to tell that she hates and loathes, or else they won't get the message.

The Rem quote also seems to be more in line with Emilia's doubts, rather than what she wants to believe.
>>
>>156581882

Let's just say OP that without Emilia and Rem he would just be unable to do anything at all. He is typical garbage person and only by some luck and girl power he manage to move forward.
>>
>>156585729
Kazuma wouldnt survive Re:Zero to be honest. Being a puppet with Satella pulling the strings will easily fuck over a guy who dies from shock as easily as Kazuma does.
>>
>>156615645
this. The implication is that at the start of the story all the important people (the girls mostly) are already hopelessly outmaneuvered and only by sacrificing this idiot in this way can anything be salvaged. He's not at all important himself, he's just a tool for fate to work out how to make the Grand Plan actually work through "coincidences", "luck", and "fate" added in after Subaru has outlived his usefulness. Rinse and repeat with more worthless Neets in future.
>>
>>156610721
Thus a Reconstruction
>>
I want a by the numbers Isekai where the once getting transported is a middle aged 35 YO, that sees everyone in the story as dumb kids, that need a whack upside the head.

Including kings and nobles
>>
Alright everyone knows the anime is shit and even the fans call the first season show because of the butchering that took place.
But to clear up common misconceptions:

Subaru liking Emilia entails obvious Witch fuckery
Subaru isnt a whiteknight but his template is "villain" in the novels. Seriously he's basically Roswaal but not an absolute asshole version.
Rem and Subaru DID becone a couple acted all lover dovey then Rem got her soul eaten because Satella is an absolute bitch.
The only thing Subaru managed to invent was mayonnaise with the help of Rem after trials and errors with Otto trying to make a profit out of it with not that much profit made.
Subaru did get rooted into the political, and magical scene of Re:Zero arguably overtaking the Emilia faction and making it his own eventually helming and army in arc 5. But it took a considerable amount of time and training over a span of one year where he did nothing but that. Even then veing no better than a regular captain in terms of strength basically only being able to handle basic bandits and thugs.

There are chapters where Subaru tried to acheive perfect loops and do almost everything the anons mentioned here all of them bad ends.
>>
>>156616420
Also he chases Emilia because of his isekaj protagonist delusions and hero complex. And the entire story more or less revolved around the being the monkey's paw version of isekai.
>>
To make it justice they should make a 3-cour season covering arc 4 and 5, but it's unlikely given how uncommon is such format
>>
>>156616144
That's true hence why Subaru is going to be the one to execute the grand plan and destroy half the world.
>>
>>156616550
>Wanting a second season that is the butchered adaptation that is the Re:Zero anime

If they manage to pull it off despite removing a ton of plot ties/elements, important characterization and the overall tone of the story then I'll be colored suprised.
>>
>>156616550
Watch as they fuck up the Witches and Echidna. I also bet you they will remove Otto being a co-conspirator and try to make Roswaal more likeable. Don't even get me started on what they'll probably do to the Carmilla and coma scenes.
>>
>>156616163
Maybe. It's looking at the idea from multiple angles. It's neither optimistic nor pessimistic about it. It's not wrong to wish, but holding onto an unchanging wish like Roswaal isn't good. Just having the power to manifest that desire dumped on you will stunt your growth, especially when it was a petty wish in the first place.

You also can't expect others to fulfill your wishes without some reciprocity in that regard. Subaru needs to take into account the desires of everyone whose aid he's seeking, and those he seeks to help as well. Not even Rem should be excluded from this. She's not purely selfless and will act for her own desires.

The IF timelines are usually a perversion of this. Under Echidna, he's just a machine to do things for others, ignoring his own desires, and seeming not to realize that maybe that's not what's best for everyone he's trying to help either. Ayamatsu is a somewhat different choice. He's trying to grant Emilia her wish, in the most Monkey's Paw way possible, because granting her wish is his wish. He dies happy after giving it to her, while she's no doubt horrified and traumatized by everything.
>>156616900
Nah. Otto is too important to cut as a co-conspirator. They just need to remove the scenes where Subaru starts acting like a major edgelord, like when he orders the Leweses to restrain Garf, and change the focus of the coma scenes to be more on Emilia. Oh, and delete most of the other scenes like that. Focus more on the action and the villains, instead of the subtler character moments.

You know, what the LN is doing.
>>
>>156616513
>he chases Emilia because of his isekaj protagonist delusions and hero complex.
>being Emilia's knight.
>delusional.
>being someone else's "muh hero".
>not delusional.
Can Remfags just fuck off? This is getting more and more ridiculous.
>>
>>156617006
I blame the editors for all the changes to the LN. They are making Subaru more kirito-like and hero-like and its upsetting.
>>
>>156617106
not him but Subaru proclaimed himself Emilia's knight, he didn't do that with the hero title
>>
>>156617120
I wouldn't call him more Kirito-like, but the mood was changed in certain scenes.
>>156617106
"Rem's Hero" is more a set of ideals, a standard to try to live up to, while "Emilia's Knight" was a role he was posing in at the beginning because he didn't want to be shown up.
>>
>>156614916
When I read that the first time I thought it was Subaru she was talking about, how in one of the possible futures things don't work out right either inbetween the rising love triangle between Rem Emilia and Subaru or his true person and motives are revealed
>>
>>156586235
Konosuba is a deconstruction. Re:Zero is just an isekai, but darker than usual.
>>
>>156617460
KonoSuba is just comedy with an isekai setting
>>
You know with reading the third trials it convinces my that Subaru is the big bad all along. But what would you need to have happen to cause the tipping point?
>>
>>156617305
They made him more heroic which is stupid, considering that makes his character wholly inconsistent and feel as if he didnt develop but rather 180'd like in the anime.
>>
Why are you all blaming "editors" when Tappei is the one to make those changes?
>>
>>156617905
editor tells Tappei to make change
Tappei butcher's his own work
>>
>>156581882
REEEEEEEE:zero is the dark souls of anime.
However I hate how Wilhelm was slicing up the whale using a straight sword. That's a curved swords job. Straight swords are for chopping and curved swords are for slicing
>>
>>156617762
They made him a bit calmer. I'm more concerned about how they stopped building up the foreshadowing for certain plotlines, and cut certain worldbuilding lines. As well as rearranged the order of certain events.
>>156617905
They're probably blaming the editors because some of the altered scenes read poorly, since they kept certain scenes while completely extracting the original context or sweeping the original meaning under the carpet, and we know the anime team gave him some suggestions or complaints.
>>156617679
Of course he's the big bad. That's why Echidna talks to Satella about how she was careful not to tread upon her territory, that being related to the Trial of his Past. That's why Arc 4 has an obvious focus on immortality through possession.
>>
>>156617679
Rem dying for good? Would be too predictable, though.

>>156618075
>Of course he's the big bad. That's why Echidna talks to Satella about how she was careful not to tread upon her territory, that being related to the Trial of his Past. That's why Arc 4 has an obvious focus on immortality through possession.
So Satella is ultimately trying to break free of the seal by possessing Subaru? Why didn't she just revoke Subaru's RbD after she possessed Emilia in Arc 4, then?
Also what about Satella's territory, would that be a hint that Satella is somewhere in some corner of Subaru's mind, like hidden memories or something?
>>
>>156618267
Subaru's other personality isn't Satella. It's Satella's lover. When he's in Satella's own dream, he seems to know her and be madly in love with her, but there's a sense that there's still something he has to do before he can stay with her forever.

On two occasions, we've seen a certain kind of influence that seems to weaken Satella's hold on him. The first time is when Rem grabs his hand while he's sleeping, which seems to drive back Satella and prevent Subaru from reaching out to her. The second time is Petra's handkerchief, which was made with love and enhanced by Echidna, and this allowed Subaru to resist and fight back against the Witch.

In short, the love other people hold for Subaru functions as some kind of shield against Envy. Her weakness is literally just other people loving Subaru.
>>
>>156618267
Well Rem dying for good is the only way to send him off the deep end other than never meeting her like in the ayamatsu. Plus the forshadowing is there if the SOL chapters on Liliana is concerned.
>>
>>156618639
Subaru having to kill Rem or even seeing Rem die in front of him without being able to reset it would probably break his psyche for good.
>>
>>156618639
Take from him everyone who loves him, and Satella's lover will probably start asserting more control.

The best way to prevent this is to have someone who loves him make some clothes for him, then enchant them like Echidna did.
>>
Where is season 2
>>
>>156618798
Daughters are not for fucking
>>
>>156619366
Who said anything about daughters?

I'm just saying that the whole Satella/Envy thing is going to be resolved through the power of love.
>>
>>156618798
Rem singlehandedly killed Satella in Harem If confirmed.
>>
>>156617460
Konosuba is a parody you dingus
>>
>>156619856
Well in arc 2 Rem acted as Satella repellent so
>>
>>156620029
Yes, as does Petra's Echidna enhanced handkerchief. Love keeps Satella away.

Anyhow, I already saw someone comment on this before.
>His right eye aches. Aches, so terribly. Stop! Stop asserting yourself. He's going to lose himself.
The right eye is his blue one, isn't it? The one he shuts while discussing his keikaku. The one which doesn't match the original Roswaal, but belongs only to his descendant. It makes it sound like there's a separation between yellow-eyed original Roswaal and the blue-eyed Roswaal who was possessed. With blue-eye being suppressed.

So, I guess that could lead to some redemption. The blue-eye just needs to take dominance. As Garf said, he's not 400 years old, he's in his late twenties to early thirties. It's that Roswaal who has the chance to change and reclaim his life.
>>
>>156620334
Just finished Arc 4. I've got to say I like how Garfiel was the main real fight of this Arc. It really didn't waste too much time on action otherwise, did it?
>>
File: rem if snusnu.jpg (89KB, 857x639px) Image search: [Google]
rem if snusnu.jpg
89KB, 857x639px
>>
>>156621472
Well Garfiel vs Elsa & Meili was like 6 chapters but there was other stuff going around simultaneously. Arc 1 and 2 weren't that action heavy as well and unlike Arc 3 Arc 4 plays out in more confined locations with a limited cast.
Seeing everyone come back and together and kick ass for Arc 5 is gonna be exciting
>>
>>156581882
>I still can't forgive him for pic related.
The anime adapted the LN. Blame the LN for toning him down.
Even in the WN that scene is his all-time low, but his 'normal' behavior was *much* closer to that scene.

>>156590584
Good character design/representation. The author explicitly said that the MC was fouler human-trash than the villains.
And the author's direction for the villains was, "you should get so caught up on how scummy they are, that you forget to register that they're evil."
>>
>>156624121
Garf vs Elsa and Meili is basically just the pay off, to show the reward for their efforts in taking him down. There are no real fights that aren't with Garfiel.

Elsa just toys with and slaughters them, making efforts to fight her without Garfiel meaningless. The Guiltylowe jobs. The rabbits are mostly beaten by raw power they had no way of knowing they'd have access to, and are beaten pretty quickly. A little thought has to go into it, but it's nothing close to everyone Vs. Garf.

I actually think that was done well. The action scenes aren't exactly my favorite unless they also double as good character scenes. Time shouldn't be wasted on a fight that goes nowhere. When Garf goes beastmode and slaughters everyone, after he rejects Ram's ultimatum and eats her, it's not how cool the action is that matters. It's what it says about everyone involved.

Shame they cut Ram's ultimatum to Garf, or the obvious signs he killed her. Maybe it's more subtle that way, but sometimes I like things being spelled out.
>>
>>156618072
>curved swords are for slicing
Curved swords are worse for chopping (and much worse for stabbing), but they're no better than a straight sword for slicing.
Curved swords are for when your metallurgy isn't advanced enough to manufacture the desired length on a straight sword.
>>
>>156624853
WRONG.
GTFO crusaderfag
>>
Would you genuinely fall for Emilia if you knew her?
>>
>>156625513
no
>>
>>156624717
What about the other fights till now then? The only other notable fights are in Arc 3 though I guess.
Julius and Subaru vs Pete was cool mainly for seeing the two fight together, especially after the way the last loop ended. After all their conflict was what pretty much started Subaru's ruin. And seeing them still being bros even after their time in the loop got erased was all kinds of heartwarming.
White Whale was the most action heavy fight but it was the first big scale battle up to that point so I thought it was awesome. Seeing everyone's firepower also made me excited for taking on the cultists and it definitely made everyone involved likable, especially Crusch and Wilhelm.
>>
>>156625513
She's really pretty but so far in the story there isn't really much to her as person compared to Rem who got a focus in Arc 2/3. I really hate the pure naive maiden in need of saving type.
>>
>>156624569
>but his 'normal' behavior was *much* closer to that scene.
Ah yes. Clenching your fist to punch the lord of a manor you're a guest at, and spitting on their chair so they couldn't enjoy your lingering body heat. Truly, his challenge in Arc 2 was to learn basic social awareness. Arc 3 was advanced social awareness.

The style of writing seems to change a little. Even though the LN added more scenes to Rem, you can still see how her personality has roots in WN Arc 2's style. On that note, I really hope the LN isn't like the manga, where her thoughts on Subaru sneaking to her side are just about how he could have assaulted her.
>>156625513
Probably not. If I was in Subaru's position where I was just athletic and strong enough to be helpful, I'd probably still be willing to help her. Especially if I had RbD. Still, I'd probably be pretty scared of dying.
>>
>>156625748
>where her thoughts on Subaru sneaking to her side are just about how he could have assaulted her.
Sexually?
>>
>>156625513
Probably would have went for Rem when she confessed(Or whatever you would call that part).
>>
>>156625513
No
>>
>>156625748
she was happy about him trusting her so much that he'd sleep next to her and she thought that because he made a move by himself like getting out of the carriage was a good sign towards getting his sanity back

lemonwater has that part translated
>>
>>156581882
You ever get close to someone, get brutally murdered, then have them forget all about you? Repeatedly? No, because that's not how shit works, but it's not uncommon for someone to flip the fuck out for five minutes during times of extreme stress.
>>
>>156625513
I'd think she's cute but not someone I'd spend the rest of my days with
>>
File: LewdRem.png (492KB, 980x2800px) Image search: [Google]
LewdRem.png
492KB, 980x2800px
>>156625710
Julius and Subaru working together is good for the reason you gave. I need to get back to finishing Arc 3 soon. The whale fight is pretty long, and I've been putting off reading through it. It's a seemingly impossible threat that can tank most attacks, split itself into even more whales when they couldn't take out the first, utterly obliterate people from existence, and so on.

It's the challenge that proves Subaru's commitment to being "Rem's Hero", being able to keep strong in the face of such an overwhelming threat.
>>156625796
That's how the manga shows it. However, that's definitely not the focus in the WN.
>>156625830
If I was in Subaru's position, having tried to manipulate her just then, I'd probably get back to her on that later after reorganizing my thoughts properly.
>>
>>156625513
Why the fuck not? She even has nicer personalities than Rem so it's a no brainer.
>>
File: 1491964323291.jpg (365KB, 551x780px) Image search: [Google]
1491964323291.jpg
365KB, 551x780px
>>156624569
Gotta love when the "hero" of the story is more compatible with the villains. I'd pay copious amounts of money just to see him group up with the Witches again.
>>
>>156581882

Trying to guilt someone into loving you is not exactly an uncommon thing among teenagers. Of course it doesn't work, but everyone has pathetic moments and this is showing Subaru's most pathetic moment.

There are no plot holes that I can find, so I'd like you to elaborate. If anything, the series is immaculately plotted.
>>
>>156625513
I think she's overall a pretty boring person. Her naivety, ignorance, lack of humor and over the top innocence are a turn off for me. So, I don't think I'd be interested in her even slightly.
>>
>>156626904
Well, the thing is that the Bishops are mostly just a bunch of losers with powers dumped on them. They're who Subaru would be if he had a more convenient cheat perk.
>>
>>156616383
Look up "Weapon Shop Uncle" and you've got basically this.
>>
>>156627362
Or I guess if he started relying more on RbD to a fault. He'd probably start developing Bishop-like qualities.
>>
>>156628660
You mean pretty much like Ayamatsu Subaru? He went mad with envy.
>>
>>156628798
Echidna's probably also counts too, though not so severe.
>>
>>156628660
>>156628798
>>156628896
Thinking of it, Subaru died tons more times in Ayamatsu Arc 1 than in all of the Arcs in the MU put together. Maybe that also has to do why is his mind so warped.

Return by Death could work like IP, as with each use he is closer to insanity. Could also work as a second reason as to why Satella stops him from going down that route of self-sacrifice
>>
>>156629260
>Return by Death could work like IP, as with each use he is closer to insanity.
It very explicitly does. At least in so far as it's potency depends on his mindset and repeated use twists his mindset.
The anime cut out internal monologuing, so you probably missed it, but it took him a few deaths to start retaining more then a sense of deja vu.
>>
File: Petra5.jpg (74KB, 857x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Petra5.jpg
74KB, 857x1200px
Why? Petra is for protecting, not morbid killing.

https://twitter.com/owatan_re/status/858844810089648128
>>
>>156626132
Is the manga better than the anime?
>>
File: Al is from Earth.jpg (1MB, 686x4136px) Image search: [Google]
Al is from Earth.jpg
1MB, 686x4136px
>>156634389
It has most of the important scenes the anime skipped out on, on shorted too much, like the candidate speeches and pic related.
>>
>>156600929
This. People tend to forget that Kazuma was actually really into the idea of isekai until he found out that fantasy australia is a hellhole and all of his party members were useless.

If he was in a more traditional isekai like RE:Zero, I have no doubt he'd rise to become a great hero.
>>
>>156634389
Broadly speaking, no.

The manga is actually 3 seperate series, by two different mangaka.
Arc 1 and Arc 2 were releasing in parrallel, and when Arc 1 finished Arc 2 and Arc 3 released in parrallel.
Arc 2 is complete at this point, but no mangaka have picked up Arc 4 yet.

Arc 1 was reproduced quite well in the anime, so the manga has very little to add.
There's a bit of internal monologue, but the mangaka kept that pretty muted.
Don't read it.

The Arc 2 manga is very good.
You should read it.

The Arc 3 manga reproduces a fair deal of omitted content, but otherwise reads like a trace of the anime.
It's a bit better than Arc 1 at showing Suub's internal monologue, but not much.
If I could unread it to waste the time I sunk elsewhere, I would.
Read it or don't, I'm not a cop.
>>
File: 18_3711.jpg (259KB, 891x1280px) Image search: [Google]
18_3711.jpg
259KB, 891x1280px
Why is Meili so shit? She doesn't deserve to be Subaru's daughteru.
>>
File: CrIs7LtVYAAfmJW.jpg (60KB, 900x1000px) Image search: [Google]
CrIs7LtVYAAfmJW.jpg
60KB, 900x1000px
>>156634894
>Not wanting a psychotic muderloli as your daughteru
>>
File: Regulus_Corneas.png (307KB, 669x710px) Image search: [Google]
Regulus_Corneas.png
307KB, 669x710px
>>156634736
You sure about that? People who far surpass any foe in his world exist here. How would he kill Greed, he doesn't even know Astrology to find his weakness.
Thread posts: 227
Thread images: 26

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.