[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Expecting cool viking story >Want to see little kid grow

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

File: .jpg (128KB, 800x1149px) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
128KB, 800x1149px
>Expecting cool viking story
>Want to see little kid grow up into be strong viking
>Instead get 50 chapters of "Waahhh killing is bad "
>Norse men "dindu nuthin" it's the culture
>70 chapters of fucking farming
Literally what the fuck? Who would enjoy writing something like this? It's like they took the longest most boring parts of vagabond extended them and made it into a manga about white people.

Yes Vinsland killing is bad and slavery is bad thank you for that well thought out and fucking life changing message.
>>
>>156548628
good for you OP now stop sperging out and find something else to read.

wew not like I expect shonen babies to learn things anywway.
>>
>>156548723
The fuck Shonen have to do with anything?
>>
File: 1465974592615.png (413KB, 834x671px) Image search: [Google]
1465974592615.png
413KB, 834x671px
I know it's bait but I wouldn't mind seeing some Vinland Saga discussion so I'll respond.

OP, google Thorfinn Karlsefni. It might be loosely based, but it's a historical manga about getting to Vinland. Everything else is just context.
>>
>>156548628
It's like you didn't actually read any of it.
>>
>>156548904
>>156548723
>Thinking this fucking hack writing is character development
It's almost down right plagiarism from vagabond the farm arc in both was just so fucking disgustingly slow and "Im sad i killed people wahh" is not development and it came out of nowhere.

Nothing ever humanizes the character he just turns from ridiculous killer to ridiculous pacifist.
>>
>>156549107
At least make a counter point.
>>
>>156549208
how about this OP, rewrite the story in your own liking. You complain here wont help anything. Type a long essay of how Vinland saga could have been better if it was going through your expectation. I'll read, It's saturday night after all.
>>
Maybe you should go spam 1 star reviews on amazon to drag down the 5 star rating of those volumes
>>
>>156549349
So basically either I dick suck the series or you guys react in a such a fashion?
Seriously what the fuck gives you such a hard on for farming and violence is bad the manga?
>>
>>156549396
Yes because popularity =quality making naruto the best manga ever made.
>>
The Farmland saga was by far the best arc in the series, babbies who wanted "vikings so awesome xdxd" getting mad about it is only a bonus. Thorfinn developed a philosophy, then was faced with the reality of enacting that philosophy, and was forced to realize it was unrealistic.
>>
File: large.jpg (32KB, 461x461px)
large.jpg
32KB, 461x461px
>>156548904
this is a pretty good edit. I hadn't seen it before.
>>
File: LeSmilingGoldMan.jpg (133KB, 776x678px)
LeSmilingGoldMan.jpg
133KB, 776x678px
>>156549466
FUCKING

KEK
>>
File: 1451365123529.gif (487KB, 256x190px)
1451365123529.gif
487KB, 256x190px
>>156549466
You gotta make a change anon! wasting your precious time here is useless!
your voice maybe one in a million but as long as your voice is sounded, maybe you can create waves!
I'll root for you OP, go destroy that author, show the world what true noble literature people should look up to!
>>
>>156549471
That is baby tier writing at best I don't get how you motherfuckers could actually like that boring ass arc. Worse yet you KNOW it's bad and boring I can tell from the way you insult people who disagree with you. This "Philosophy" was dumb as bricks and only served to slow everything. I read actual books I watched better written movies. This "True Warrior" anti violence bullshit is such an uninteresting turn for his personality.
>>
>>156549690
Why are you so defensive? I can dislike the manga without being irrational. You guys obviously don't seem to be able to do visa versa.
>>
>>156549466
If you are also this pissy about Naruto, then maybe you should go spam 1 star reviews on amazon
>>
>>156549208
>It's almost down right plagiarism from vagabond the farm arc

Except it isn't you retard, Vinland Saga's farming arc happened at least half a year before Vagabond's farming arc.
>>
>>156549867
So basically fans of this series are brain dead shit posters who get taken in by farming and "compelling" ethics for 5 year old's. That makes sense to me I guess.
>>
>>156549904
You do understand that Vagabond is using a established story written well before Vinsland right?
>>
Muh heat haze
>>
>>156549758
Hey, I sorry other people are being dicks. I like Vinland Saga but I understand that it has flaws and those flaw provide a legitimate, reasonable basis for disliking it.

I guess those other anons are just really passionate about liking this manga, and passion's an emotion. And when you're invested in something it's easy to fly off the handle and act without reason.

And really, don't we all get shit from normies for liking manga to begin with? Getting shit on for it here is a bitter pill, because we're with other people who like manga.
>>
If you honestly thought the manga was going to be Viking adventures forever, you severely lack reading comprehension. The direction of the manga was set-up clearly from the very beginning.
>>
>>156550321
That's fine but that farm arc was a train wreck and worst transitional period I've ever read. It did not have to be anywhere near that long.
>>
Yes his transition from killer to pacifist was definitely abrupt, but I thought the farmer arc was pretty great. Einar, Arneis, and the Ketils were all interesting characters, and Canute's development was fantastic.
>>
I like it. It just takes so fucking long for chapters.
>>
>>156550040
>Because history precedes your manga, you are copying from me
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.