[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Here's an idea for "Dubbed" material of Japanese

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

The people working on dubs found a way to efficiently edit the Japanese voice clips so that they sound like they're talking in English and edit the lip syncing so that it fits. That way, it sounds like the original Japanese voice actors and people won't whine about English voice actors. Would that be better?
>>
>>156370670
Yeah, sure. Throw Microsoft Sam in the mix while you're at it, won't make it worse, that's guaranteed.
>>
Nah. It would propably sound like a vocaloid trying to act.
>>
>>156370670
no
>>
>>156370670
If you're that much of a retard that you can't read subs you don't belong on /a/.
>>
You would have to construct the audio completely from scratch and re-animate all speech in the show. Maybe, MAYBE a sufficiently advanced computer could handle the task, but that's not likely to happen for several more decades at the earliest.

There's nothing inherently wrong with dubs as a concept, the problem is that 99.999999999% of all dubs are horrifically bad quality featuring bottom-of-the-barrel actors. Well-made dubs with competent actors, directing and an actual budget would be great, but it will never happen.
>>
>>156370801
Well I can read subtitles so jokes on you, Anon. And pardon me, I didn't know you determined how people enjoy a show, let alone owned /a/.
>>
>>156371032
>the problem is that 99.999999999% of all dubs are horrifically bad quality
You are over exaggerating. Like 40% of all dubs are bad. The rest range from passable, to amazing.
>>
>>156370670
whats the point of watching an english dub if all the characters arent spewing obscenities at every interval?
>>
>>156371231
I can count on one hand the number of dubs that are passable. I can count on no hands the number that are amazing. Maybe you should get some standards.
>>
>>156371317
The Cyber City Oedo dub is objectively superior to the sub, even the OST was better
>>
>>156370670

How fucking high are you? That would sound awful.
>>
File: 1387592396190.jpg (199KB, 870x776px)
1387592396190.jpg
199KB, 870x776px
>>156370670
Why would a watch dubs? English is a shitty language that I only put up with because of subs and scanlated manga.
>>
>>156370801
It's not that i can't read (I read 3-5 hours a day), but i just enjoy anime more, when it is dubbed.
>>
>>156371818
>I do not understand.
Holy mother of dekinai, I think you'd be better of learning Japanese.
>>
>>156372746
Why did you bump this shit, retard?
>>
>>156372778
So that mods can earn their daily bread and because I always forget to sage for some reason.
>>
Why do people complain about dubs like it's the late 90s?

I mean, subs are still better but shit, you're lucky now
>>
>>156372934
>Why do people complain about dubs like it's the late 90s?
Because
>I mean, subs are still better
>>
This sounds like something a moronic 13 year old would come up with.
>>
>>156371818
>reading manga in English
Dubfag tier.
>>
>>156371595
Never even heard of it. Gonna go download a dual-audio release now, thanks. Let it be known that even if I don't expect much, I'm willing to keep an open mind.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.