[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have people here seen Kaiba? Thoughts? Just finished it tonight.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: Kaiba.jpg (296KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Kaiba.jpg
296KB, 1920x1200px
Have people here seen Kaiba? Thoughts? Just finished it tonight. Seems to be relatively underwatched/obscure, but an INCREDIBLE masterpiece from Masaaki Yuasa.
>>
>>156102487
The first half was amazing with its episodic format. The lighthouse episode still gives me chills. The second half felt very weak to me, primarily because I couldn't be arsed to give a flying shit about the resistance leader wannabe/unrecruited crush-chan/nerd who transferred himself into a robot/clone triplets/edgy clone. And the memory eating plant ended up being quite underwhelming too, even though it was somewhat hyped to be the final boss.
>>
>>156103188
Yeah, I enjoyed the first half better, and felt the format of the second half would have worked better if it had a bit more time to develop and be told. Honestly I'd still give it a 10/10, or at the very least a 9.5/10 just because of HOW good the first 75% of it was. And not to say the rest was bad by any standards, but just not AS good.

Kichi wasn't the same person as the clone triplets/Dada-sama though.
>>
It was ok.
>>
It's been years since I saw it, so I probably don't remember the weak parts anymore, but I thought it was really interesting and one of the better "artsy" anime I've seen.
>>
>>156103335
>Kichi wasn't the same person as the clone triplets/Dada-sama though
I know. All I'm saying is that I don't care enough about Popo, Sate, Kichi, Dada-samas, and the newest Warp clone. If the second half was paced better, maybe I would've been interested, but they weren't, so I didn't.
And yes, the animation style and first seven episodes alone is enough for it to be a 9/10 for me.
>>
>>156102487
One of my favorite anime. Episode 4 was probably the one that got to me the most, and I loved how the story of Patch (I don't remember the name well) was subtly presented.

Episode 8 was still good and I found the multiple Warps really cool, but Warp's backstory wasn't really interesting to me. I think what I was most disappointed in is how HyoHyo ended up and how the backstory with Neiro was weaker than the episodic stuff.
>>
>>156103672
Did Hyohyo and Neiro ever merged back or do they just leave her as a flying squid thing forever?
>>
>>156103713
She gets with the scientist guy after she saves him by eating his memory blobs and putting them back in his body.
>>
>>156103713
I think they never merged back. I watched the anime 3 times but the last time was a year ago, so I'm not 100% sure.
>>
>>156102487
It's competent. Episodic format was far better. Has a bunch of solid ideas that just don't go anywhere.
>>
Fuck you for reminding me of Chroniko's boots
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.