[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://twitter.com/Hello_itsWendy/ status/85328901348188569

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 1

https://twitter.com/Hello_itsWendy/status/853289013481885696

Reminder that both the manga and LN of Youjo Senki has been licensed by Yen Press
>>
Season 2 when though
>>
>>155999623
In a year I expect, just like Overlord
>>
As long as they give it a competent translator.
>>
>>155999558

excelent, so which is better, manga or novel?
>>
Imagine how fun it would be to manhandle Tanya.
>>
I guess we're not getting fanfic either ?
>>
Sky fags btfo by Yen Press. How will they ever recover?
>>
>>155994001
ANSWERS, DAMMIT!
>>
>>156003979
Menstruational problems. What does that have to do with the thread anyway?
>>
>>156001168
YP would probably be faster than the fanfic in this instance.
>>
>>156001079
Source material. But its a hard read.
>>
>>156001079
If you like words, LN
If you like pictures, manga
>>
>>155999558
Well, i lost interest in another one again.
For fucks sakes, why the fuck does YP continually cannibalize shit when they still have series that they haven't caught up with?
>>
>>156007608
>literally only one volume fully fan translated
>full of weird Singaporean English
>currently moving at a grand speed of one volume a year or so
>cannibalize
Nah this is welcome. If they can even match the inconsistent speed of the Chinese releases that would still be ahead of Sky.

>when they still have series that they haven't caught up with?
You say that like taking more series makes them go slower. Except that their 3/4 month schedule is the same across all series.
>>
>>156008567
Sky didn't translate most of it, so not much weird Singapore English here. It's the standard jap to eng fan translation.
>>
>>156008637
Chink to eng you mean.
>>
>>156008637
>It's the standard jap to eng fan translation.
It's actually still CN to EN, they're using OCRed Taiwanese raws.
>>
>>156002594
I look forward to seeing how the translation can be spun as "butchered" somehow worse than the JP>CN>EN fan effort.
>>
Can anyone explain the licensing the manga?
>>
From the last thread:

If you are a dedicated anon, and an American, you can just drop your TL's on Tor and let the internet pass it around. There's no need to fear a DMCA so long as you're not also looking to have your dick sucked.
>>
I think YP only licensed it because it was popular online, they're idiots if they think the YS LN will be worth what they paid to translate it.

Reminds me of the Kodomo no Jikan seven seas fiasco.
>>
>>156012397
What part of "license" do you not understand?
>>
>>156012397
You need to learn English first.
>>
>>156012479
Alternate fiction where notGermany did nothing wrong.
This'll blow hard.
>>
>>156012701

The number of burgers displaying shockingly ignorance of the difference between World War I and World War II - let alone the actual history and context of both wars - doesn't bode well for the sales of this story.

People will interpret pro-German as pro-Nazi
>>
Is Tanya the most capable combat mage?
>>
>>156012479
>I think YP only licensed it because it was popular online
They licensed it because it had a popular anime adaptation. Just as they did with 99% of their licenses.
As for Kumo and Slime Tensei, those likely fall under the same category as Death March or Isekai Smartphone, where the JP publisher is trying to push it out in English before the anime happens.
>>
>>156012826
>People will interpret pro-German as pro-Nazi

This is what i'm afraid off.
>>
>>156012928
Yes.
>>
>>156013078
>Kumo

Is this why the manga translations stopped? If so, fuck then, the manga was top tier and the LN is not as good as the WN or manga.
>>
>>156012826
Except that unlike the anime, in the novel illustrations they are wearing uniforms of the Third Reich, not the Kaiserreich.
>>
>>156013611
Wait, it stopped?

…and oddly, Chink scanlation is further behind, WTF?
>>
>>156013638
It's still literally a Kaiserreich and the first world war
>>
>>156013611
>Is this why the manga translations stopped?
No, the LN translation was literally announced yesterday. The manga stalling has nothing to do with it.
>>
>>155999558
>Reminder that both the manga and LN of Youjo Senki has been licensed by Yen Press
And we're supposed to give a damn?
>>
>>156001079
Depends, the novel can be kind of pointlessly wordy and goes on weird digressions. The manga sometime has manga act too cute, a lot of the visuals feel out of character. Some people like having the furries explaining geopolitical situations in the manga, but I just think it's weird. I also don't like visually showing Being X, anime makes it more mysterious.

That said the Manga is the best for showing how other people think of Tanya, the novel is best for showing how Tanya sees herself, while the anime just shows what's happening without all the context, letting you theorize and figure things out on your own.

I like all three.
>>
>>156013801
You'll be able to read the pirate rips of the official release, so I guess that's one reason?
>>
>>156013801
Yes because Yen press will be faster than the fan translation in all likelihood, and you'll still be able to read it for free anyway since the official releases generally get ripped.
>>
>>156013078
>Kumo and Slime Tensei
Wait what?
>>
>>156014811
Yup, you heard it right.
>>
>>155999558
>JewPress killing another fanbase with slowass shitty translation
Hold me lads ;_;
>>
>>156014234
I'm grateful for those rips but sometimes it's so far ahead that it getting licensed would eventually kill off my interest like SAO and sometimes the quality of translations would make me drop it.
>>
>>156015224
Oh look, it's this fucking moron again. Do you ever get tired of spamming "jew jew jew" everywhere?

You can hold yourself, thank you very much.
>>
>>156015524
Sword Art Online's translation continued without even a pause after BT voluntarily kicked it off their site. Is still going in fact. So unless you are some kind of BT die-hard who can only read LNs on BT, there was really no reason for the license to kill your interest, at least for that series. In fact lots of popular translation simply continue on another website after the aggregators kick them off following license announcement. As long as the translation is popular enough and the translator isn't a coward or wasn't just looking for an excuse to drop it.
>>
>>156015935
I knew about the ongoing translation a month or two after it was removed from BT but by that time i fully lost interest.
I was slowly losing interest either way,
glad taht it killed it for me
>>
>>156013078
>kumo and slime get anime before shield hero or MT
Not that i'm complaining but still.
>>
>>156015224
>fan translation is literally one volume per year
Excuse me anon, are you feeling alright? Because you seem kind of retarded.
>>
>>156016706
It's just speculation at this point, since there is a recent pattern of isekai WNs being mysteriously licensed (Re Zero, Death March, Smartphone) only to turn out later there is an anime coming. But it could just be that Kadokawa is getting overconfident and expecting the same shit that sells in Japan to fly overseas.
>>
>>156017424
Is re zero doing any well here?
>>
>>156017682
Dunno about the LN, but the show was quite popular so I assume that would translate into stronger book sales.
>>
>>156018029
Too bad we wont ever see sales figures ever. At least by what i see in amazon, shieldbro manages to sell all of the pre-order stock consistently.
>>
>>156017424
Wait and see, as usual.
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.