[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the percentage of titles you dropped against

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

File: dropped.gif (427KB, 273x130px) Image search: [Google]
dropped.gif
427KB, 273x130px
What's the percentage of titles you dropped against those you completed?
>>
How the fuck should I know?
>>
File: dropped.gif (2MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
dropped.gif
2MB, 400x225px
I don't count, but majority of the series I drop is seasonal stuff I haven't watched passed episode three.

Aside from that I finish most of what I start.
>>
I eventually finish almost everything I start out of sheer boredom.

It might take a long time, but it happens.
>>
>>155948106
>not having neat notepad/excel/mal/whatever of everything you've watched
Do you even autism?
>>
>>155948207
Been ten years now since I said I'll get back to Cowboy Bebop and finish it one day. Still waiting on that day...
>>
14% and rapidly rising
>>
>>155948218
>recording the anime you dropped

What's the point? It'll only make you sad.
>>
>>155948207
I have the opposite problem.

Unless it's an OVA, movie or only a single cour, I don't finish anything I start unless it's at least a 9/10.
>>
>>155948045
85%.
>>
>>155949101
What do you consider a 9/10?
>>
>>155949003
>sad
Nah, more like frustrated that the series you wanted to enjoy turned out to be pile of trash.
>>
>>155949302
Something that keeps me engaged from beginning to end and doesn't become a slog in the middle (i.e long scenes of characters talking in circles with boring shot composition).

Me being an extremely nitpicky guy also compounds my need to drop shows even if I'm enjoying them overall.
>>
>>155948045
20%/80%
>>
Don't count dropped anime, don't put them on mal unless I've watched more than 3 episodes, and I don't drop shows I've watched more than 3 episodes of.
The only exception to this rule I've ever made was Yu Yu Hakusho, which I dropped something like 50 eps in because I just couldn't take it anymore.
>>
Really high
>>
I really only drop seasonal shit. I've already dropped about 6 titles this season so not bad.
>>
>>155948045
I used to be an autistic completionist and force myself to finish everything, so pretty low
>>
I don't actively drop shows as much as I never get back to them. Its rare that I actually decide that I'm never going to finish a show.

Question , if you're 30 episodes into a show but haven't watched an episode in more than two years, do you start again from the beginning or where you left off?
>>
File: 1483640479797.jpg (55KB, 704x476px) Image search: [Google]
1483640479797.jpg
55KB, 704x476px
>>155949644
>drop shows even if I'm enjoying them overall
Why would you ever do this?
>>
According to MAL it's roughly 14%
>>
>>155949953
>do you start again from the beginning or where you left off?
Start from the beginning.
>>
>>155949953
From the beginning for me, but I have ADD and terrible short term memory, so I forget the specifics of movies or shows I watch within a few weeks, unless I've seen them enough to literally memorize them.
I can watch one anime series again every year and aside from the general overarcing plot, it's pretty much new to me each time.
>>
>>155949953
Just start with the first few to familiarize yourself with the characters and then go back to where you left off.
>>
i drop them every week
>>
10%
But I add them to dropped list only if I watched at least 3 episodes.
>>
>>155948045
I give up on ~15% of shows after having watched at least one full episode.

That's just my best guess though, I don't keep track of shows I don't care about.
>>
>>155948045
0%. It's a mix of completionist autism and low standards often times mixed in with a dash of genuine curiosity as to how it all wraps up in the end.
>>
>>155948045
~5% I'm not retarded enough to start watching an anime that I know will be shit.

Also: Anybody above 15% drop rate should go back to "that special place of the interwebz"
>>
>>155950071
>>155950103
>>155950311
Thanks, I guess I'll start it over again in the summer.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.