[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was your first anime, and how long ago? We all began somewhere,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 329
Thread images: 62

File: Screenshot (102).png (727KB, 930x900px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (102).png
727KB, 930x900px
What was your first anime, and how long ago?

We all began somewhere, some with a more memorable beginning, others more something they just want to forget. I only started back in January last year with Monster musume. And Cerea was my waifu for a few weeks. I've watched 35 animes since then and if feels like nothing compared to other people.
>>
Ranma, like 9 years ago. I liked it.
>>
Umaru

8 months ago
>>
Kodomo no Jikan 2014, I've had shit taste ever since
>>
12 years ago

Girls Bravo
>>
30 years ago

Robotech, Mazinger, Lalabel, The seven color flower.

Those were the ones my TV station broadcasted when I was a kid.
>>
Sket Dance

I had read dragonball prior, but anime was barely shown on bong tv if you didn't shell out for Sky
>>
Gundam Pokemon or Sailor Moon when I was 6. 21 years ago. I didnt watch weebshit until Haruhi came out.
>>
>>155891045
Probably 18 years ago, can't remember exactly which one was my first but it was among the lines of ranma, dragon ball, corrector yui, tonde burin, saint seiya, cardcaptor sakura...
>>
Ouran Hig School Host Club. I watched it about 8 years ago.
>>
>>155891542
>>155891219
Why are you guys here
>>
>>155891793
To discuss anime and manga?
>>
Technical first for me was I believe Kiki's Delivery Service when I was I think 6?

Sailor Moon was after that. I watched it in secret as a kid although my sister liked it openly. From then on it was Pokemon and then the usual original Toonami stuff back when it was on every day, where I saw most of their lineup at one point or another. I watched anime only sporadically from like 2003-7, it was mostly just something on TV that I knew for sure was cooler than any Western cartoons.

The first show to open my eyes up to moe was Lucky Star but I've been a diehard aficionado of it since.
>>
Uhhh, first anime was original dragonball back in 99 when I was just a little tike.
The anime that got me into anime though was cowboy bepop when I re watched as a tween about 12 years ago
>>
>>155891996
Also total show count is well over 700.
>>
>>155891045
Is Toradora the Naruto of romcoms?
>>
>>155892025
>knowing how many anime you've watched
Why is this necessary? I couldn't even give an accurate estimate if someone asked me. Is there some sort of e-penis contest going on where the loser who watches the most anime wins eternal virginity?
>>
>>155892038
It's the Citizen Kane of anime
>>
File: astro boy.png (174KB, 640x464px) Image search: [Google]
astro boy.png
174KB, 640x464px
>>155891045

I grew up thinking anime was for nerds. First anime I watched was in my senior year of college, in 2007, Spirited Away, which my roommate forced me to watch because he was a nerd and had it on with his nerd friends in the room and I was in the same room. I actually ended up enjoying it, but still had a kind of elitist attitude.

Somehow, I figured that if I tried out "the original anime," which for some reason I determined to be Astro Boy, I might get a pretty good idea of what anime was all about. I got a DVD box set of the 1980s series and ended up watching every single episode. This also led to my first contact with the "chans," although I don't remember whether it was 4chan or some other chan. I was linked here in search of Astro Boy shotacon. Around that time, I realized that I was one of the nerds I'd teased throughout my childhood, all along.

Next thing I knew it, I'd watched all of Death Note (was airing on Adult Swim at the time and I learned to find downloads of the episodes I'd missed), Code Geass and To Love-Ru. 10 years later, I have seen around 500 series.
>>
>>155891045
my first anime was steins;gate after a friend introduced me to it in 2012. ive only been into this almost 5 years and ive already watched 200 something shows.
>>
>>155892088
I just figured it would be an interesting factoid if it could be recalled.
>>
>>155892088
Don't you save all the anime you've downloaded so you can watch them again?
>>
>Pic related
>>
>>155892181
>Spirited Away

How normie can you get?
>>
>>155892312

I'm not sure you read my post for comprehension. Previous to discovering that anime was actually good, my favorite TV shows were Seinfeld, South Park and The Simpsons. So, very normie. We can be converted.
>>
>>155891045
>DBZ, One Piece, Shaman King, Thomas the Tank engine
>when I was very young and they were on teevee
>>
Mai Otome, 2005. I started watching it because a guy I chatted with on AIM at the time mentioned he was watching it. He seemed to lose interest in it himself, but I kept watching until it finished airing a few months later. I also watched Mai Hime on youtube around the beginning of 2006.
>>
File: 1491017173281.jpg (70KB, 680x632px) Image search: [Google]
1491017173281.jpg
70KB, 680x632px
>>155891865
>>
Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne, about 17 years ago. The manga was much better.
>>
>>155892088
I actually don't have an accurate count to single digits. I did an official count only a few times over the years and know how many shows I watched per season and added them up. For example if you watch ten shows a season for ten years you saw 400 from that alone. I don't exhaustively catalog down to episodes etc ecause that is just autism incarnate.

It's also one of the reasons I very much hate MAL and sites like it because people think that watching more gives you more leverage which makes people inflate their counts and rush through shows they barely felt like watching just to try to have a learned/important sounding opinion. Thing is, people who do this are more often than not refusing to expand pleb tastes and trying to cover up their plebdom under a false veil of authority.

Despite my thoughts on exhaustive logging being lame epeen shit I do firmly think you should constantly watch animu for years and know at least 300 series, which really is not hard, before remotely professing to speak for /a/. You are no more an anime expert for watching the "top 20" shows and making excuses to avoid others and/or entire themes/genres than a high schooler who just saw citizen kane is a film expert. Really knowing the medium, people and industry takes years and don't sweat it. If you really like the medium that will time will fly by instantly and you won't care either way.
>>
I guess it would be the Dokuro-chan OVA, strangely enough. It was back when i was 12 years old. I'm 21 now. It was also around that time when i started lurking on 4chan
>>
HoTD, in my junior year of high school, maybe 6-7 years ago. One of my nerdy friends convinced me to watch it with him on Xbox live Netflix.
>>
First 'serious' anime I can distinctly remember is Ghost In The Shell with my dad when I was nine, but I watched dubbed stuff like Yu-Gi-Oh and Pokemon before that.
>>
Dunno about the first one, I remember watching some random episodes on TV, but nothing really clicked until I discovered CSS in 2000 which is the one that started it all for me.
Now my tracking website of choice says I watched 1200 shows, but given that different seasons or single OVA sometimes count as entire show, the real number is probably a lot less.
>>
Dragon Ball, when I was 16.
>>
Iria: Zeiram the Animation
>>
>>155892998
>misspelling CCS as CSS
Yeah, enough code for today.
>>
This thread is as good as any to ask this, was anime always a toonami or specific channel think in the country you're from? Down here in Brazil we used to have stuff like Yu Yu Hakusho, Digimon and Naruto broadcasted in the morning cartoons slot of our open television channels.
>>
File: 7wuKUaq.jpg (43KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
7wuKUaq.jpg
43KB, 320x320px
>>155891045
Keroro Gunsou, 8 Years ago, was quite an interesting show to start off with and while it doesn't really tickle my fancy any more, it still holds a place in my heart.
>>
>>155893339
It bred the Toonami-era fans in the US, which gave those people a curated, specific taste that usually trended towards action and plot. There were other stations that aired things like Pokemon, Digimon, or more abortive attempts of Cardcaptor Sakura or Escaflowne.
>>
>>155893339
Tinha até anime que passava em TV aberta, foi vendo naruto na redetv(?) que eu começei a ver anime
>>
Speed Racer some 25 years ago.
>>
>>155892958
I'm kind of curious, having grown up in a household where my parents would basically tease me for liking nerdy things (which is part of the reason I like anime), what's it like growing up with parents whose interests you share?
>>
File: Tōshō Daimos.jpg (140KB, 480x240px) Image search: [Google]
Tōshō Daimos.jpg
140KB, 480x240px
>>155891045
those were good times
>>
>>155891045
The first anime I watched was death note, suggested by a friend. That was 6-7 years ago.

As a kid I used to watch stuff like inuyasha without knowing that they were anime
>>
File: 2016-12-17 09-35-51.jpg (97KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
2016-12-17 09-35-51.jpg
97KB, 1280x720px
Nichijou. It's still my favorite anime.
>>
File: Fma_dvd.jpg (20KB, 194x265px) Image search: [Google]
Fma_dvd.jpg
20KB, 194x265px
original fma 14 years ago. It was such a fun ride, back when anime was new and interesting for me.
>>
File: 1480883681523.jpg (61KB, 544x708px) Image search: [Google]
1480883681523.jpg
61KB, 544x708px
>animes
you were doing so good too
>>
File: Maburaho-evil Yuna-217248.jpg (3MB, 4796x3480px) Image search: [Google]
Maburaho-evil Yuna-217248.jpg
3MB, 4796x3480px
I guess Sailor Moon and though I didn't know what was going on, DBZ (this was back with the Ocean dub). Got to read Shonen Jump when I could. Later got interested in some shows I saw in mags, I want to say first anime I really downloaded was Maburaho.
>>
>>155891045
It was probably pokemon while it was on TV. Not a very good answer I know but...

Well, when it comes to anime I've looked for online myself it'd probably have to be either Azumanga or Love Hina. Then after Love Hina I tried to get into Nagasarete Airantou but I couldn't really, for one reason or another. Found it boring. I remember watching Lucky star on youtube too while the episodes were still being released. Yessiree, episodes divided into 3 parts of which I would watch on my TV thanks to the Wii's internet browser. Good lord, the quality guro must've been atrocious.
>>
>>155891045
I wanna make Taiga ride my cock
>>
Blue submarine no. 6, seen it years ago on sky.
>>
>>155891045
>What was your first anime, and how long ago?
outside of toonami , I would say love hina which i downloaded off morpeus or kazaa back in 2004
>>
Dubbed Pokémon in elementary school. code geass a few years ago
>>
>>155891045
I watched an episode of FLCL in like '09 on adultswim without knowing anything about anime, but the first anime that isn't Pokemon tier would be Attack on Titan in 2013.
>>
Outside of toonami ,Akira at my babysitters house.
>>
Think I ended up watching Escaflowne or X on some random ass TV channel at 1am in the morning when I was fairly young (like 9 I think). Only really got into anime last year though and have watched a shit load of shows since then. I am 27 atm.
>>
File: tumblr_nkxdbkrdgh1uo369xo1_500.gif (522KB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nkxdbkrdgh1uo369xo1_500.gif
522KB, 500x280px
ugh, i think it was hamtaro or something. so around 2000.
>>
>>155894926 oops wrong gif. silly me
>>
>>155893297
>CSS
>code
top kek
>>
Probably Digimon when I was a small lad. Shit that was a long time ago. I got into anime hardcore after pleb tier taste like Bleach got me watching those streams.

FUCK NOSTALGIA FEELS GOOD SOMETIMES

I remember binge watching shit till the sun came out. Never remembered shit had to go back and rewatch shit in my own time.
>>
>>155891045

First one that I know I watched, but barely remember: Probably Cowboy Bebop, the original Ghost in the Shell movie or Big O back when they aired it in Toonami around 15 or so years ago.

First anime series that I remember watching: Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex around 11 years ago. followed by the first season of Naruto (stopped liking it as soon as they announced Shippuden).

First anime series that I actually really liked as someone with a conscious: Stein's Gate around a year ago.
>>
where are the loli spammers when you need them
>>
Dragon Ball, Digimon, Sailor Moon or Pokemon when I was a kid. I watched parts of all of them and I honestly can't remember which I watched first. I liked Dragon Ball/Dragon Ball Z the most though.
>>
File: 1489882137433.jpg (544KB, 1100x950px) Image search: [Google]
1489882137433.jpg
544KB, 1100x950px
>>155891045
Gurren Lagann, in middle school, so like 7-8 years ago.

I watched it on YouTube in that 'Part 1, 2, 3' format because I was like 12 or 13 and didn't know anything else.

also it was the dub
>>
Elfen Lied. Over 7 years ago. Only a guess, it has been way too long to remember exactly when it was that I started.
>>
I've been watching anime for 20 years you fucking kids.
>>
>>155895484
Actually no, I am wrong. First was CCS on TV while I was still a young one. That would have been over 14 years ago by now.
>>
dragon ball z about 18 years ago
>>
20 years ago I watched Dragon Ball/Pokemon. Actual decent into madness began about 8 years ago when a friend showed me Lucky Star for the first time.
>>
>>155891045
Really interested in horror video games on the ps2 at the time, friend shows me Higurashi no naku koro ni. Now I love anime, fun horror ones aren't all that common unfortunately.
>>
>>155895525
I'll be saying that in 14 years and you'll be fucking dead, so gotcha
>>
Digimon adventure is the first one i can fully recall watching.
probably over 10 years ago, can't remember much of it.
>>
File: clean.jpg (43KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
clean.jpg
43KB, 640x640px
>>155891045
Some time when I was a kid I watched a few ghibli films. Most of the anime I watch isn't even a show, just films.
>>
>>155891045
the first anime I watched all of and loved was Evangelion Shinji-kun in 2014
>>
about three years ago while browsing YouTube.

watched the entirety of Rosario Vampire with copyright dodging space fill taking up most of the screen.
>>
File: samurai_pizza_cats.jpg (47KB, 600x337px) Image search: [Google]
samurai_pizza_cats.jpg
47KB, 600x337px
Samurai Pizza Cats is the first I'm aware of, about 20 years ago. I had to be around 10.
>>
>>155891045
If I could never see another fucking image of the Toradora anime or My sister can't be this quite on this board ever again I could die a happy person.
>>
>>155895525
1 more year to reach 20 years of anime consumption.

When do I get my wizard powers
>>
Was probably Dragon Ball or something else like Samurai Jack (which probably doesn't count) way back in the day, or Pokemon if you count that. Only started actually watching animu 5~ years ago, which would then be TTGL/Psycho-Pass.
>>
>>155891045
I stayed at my friends for a couple of weeks when I was 21 in august 2015 and we watched AOT. I have watched 200+ since then and read about 250 manga.
>>
I think the first ever was either Dragon Ball or Digimon.

But the first anime I watched online was Haruhi.
There was this video on youtube about my favorite cartoon back then that had this weird song that turned out to be one of Mikuru's character songs.
Funnily enough, the video is still up on Youtube.

>tfw it's been 10 years since that day
>>
>>155892866
I agree with this, but I still use MAL because I have shit memory.
>>
Speed Racer and Star Blazers (Space Battleship Yamato) both in 1979
They were on mornings before I caught the bus to school.
>>
File: 1492142897804.png (273KB, 764x764px) Image search: [Google]
1492142897804.png
273KB, 764x764px
>>155891045
Excluding the generic shonnen shit
Like dbz and all that

I think it was fruits basket or the Slayers
>>
>>155898716

So like 14 -15 years ago maybe longer idk
>>
>>155892866
>very much hate MAL and sites like it
The only legit reason to hate MAL is its rating system and the fact taht there are better alternatives in regards to stats. Anilist comes to mind which is probably the best website to organize anime if you ask me. Using a website doesnt mean that youre part of the community. I mean, how could anyone with more than a dozen braincells be when the average MAL user has a mean score of 7.5+. These people dont even understand that such a scale makes literally no sense. Having watched a lot will only make you knowledgeable in the opinion of a fucking retard. If you cant even tell people why something is good/bad then the arbitrary score you give it means nothing. Honestly, I dont get how people do without a list, though. A good website lets you properly rate stuff, add notes, shows stats etc. Of course you could do all this in an Excel sheet but simply adding stuff with a single click is way more convenient. Only speaking for myself here but I think I have like 120 shows/movies on plan to watch for example.
>>
Coincidentally, I've been thinking about how I got into anime because my tastes have been more or less the same since I was around 8 years old. After pondering about it I really think it was even earlier than that, at 5 years old, with CCS (and maybe Sailor Moon a couple of years later), that my standards for cartoon in general were defined.

The anime itself didn't leave that much of a conscious impression and I pretty much don't remember a thing about it, but I always found it pretty strange how I didn't like much of western stuff like Thundercats, Dungeons and Dragons or even Looney Tunes in general, but I had been drawn in by Medabots, Digimon Bleyblade and Dragon Ball, even though, even back then I already wasn't too fond of those "adventure" types of cartoon (I also obviously didn't know the difference between western and eastern cartoon either, since as an autist kid I thought every cartoon came from murrica).

I eventually discovered that I really liked character driven anime and romance stuff in general at around 10 years old when Inuyasha aired for a week before being taken down because "it was too violent for kids" and the original FMA, which they censored some bloody scenes.
>>
11 years ago

Haruhi
>>
If we're speaking strictly in terms of the first Anime I watched from start to finish, then Haruhi 11 years ago.
>>
>>155894308
This.
So fucking close and then you lost me.
>>
I vividly remember watching Ronin Warriors as a kid one summer. I know at some point my family watched Galaxy Express 999 either on some cable special or video but I don't remember any details just characters and a space train.
>>
>>155892874
Are you me?
>>
>>155891045
Probably like Dragonball or Pokemon around 2000

First time I started watching subbed and anime, other than the usual tv stuff, actively was in 2009 when I caught up with bleach on a streaming website and wanted get farther than my friends who were stuck watching on tv
My life has been downhill since
>>
>>155900021
in what way?
>>
Oban star racers

granted it was a french-jap anime

but it opened my whole world up in terms of animation and culture. I remember seeing the ending OP scene and feeling feels I've never feeled
>>
>>155900099

Luckily it's getting a season 2 after 10 years
>>
>>155900040
It's actually fine I'm just memeing/This was middle school so I've just had to get more and more responsible. Oh and my stepdad killed himself a bit later
>>
Sailor Moon is the oldest I remember watching when I was like 3 or 4 in 96' or 97'. Used to watch it with my older sister in the morning.

Then I got into Pokemon in 98 and Outlaw Star was my first "anime" (to me Pokemon was just a cartoon, dunno) that I really got into.
>>
File: 67.jpg (89KB, 785x517px) Image search: [Google]
67.jpg
89KB, 785x517px
>>155891045
CCS and I think, around 17 years ago more or less.

I remember watching it for the first time and thinking it was too girly but enjoying it as guilty pleasure. There was also a girl in my class that I liked who read the manga.
>>
>>155900201
did you give her the d?
>>
>>155900228
We went to the same class for the next 6 years but I never got around to that.

Still regretting it.
>>
>>155891045
clannad 7 years ago
got started with a masterpiece and got hooked
>>
>>155900318
did you cum on any of her stuff?
>>
>>155891045
The first anime I watched knowing it was anime was probably Azumanga Daioh 12 years ago.

But I had watched Pokemon, Yugioh, and before them KiKi's Delivery Service without knowing what anime was.
>>
The first I can remember is probably Tenchi Universe like 13 years ago. I might've watched some anime before that, but I can't remember.

I'm 19.
>>
File: BattleofPlanetsheader-1764x700.jpg (72KB, 1764x700px) Image search: [Google]
BattleofPlanetsheader-1764x700.jpg
72KB, 1764x700px
>>155891045
Battle of the Planets 1978
>>
>>155891045
My wife is Aisaka Taiga.
>>
>>155900518
Greatest love story ever told
>>
>>155891045
I got into anime because i was browsing /pol/ for the US election memes. Winter ball happened with /polo/ and with all the eurobeat memes from /o/ i went and watched Initial D.

So since then i've been going through playing catchup on all the big anime and browsing /a/ a lot
>>
File: 1475933788822.jpg (296KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
1475933788822.jpg
296KB, 1680x1050px
>>155900686
I'm still pissed they never did anything with just the 2 of them living alone in ami's house for a week or 2
>>
>>155901033
If you have a psp the VN is worth playing if you enjoy that kind of game
>>
>>155891045
Mfw i watched parts of Dragonball and DBZ in first grade and played it the Budokai and Budokai tenchaichi with my friends
In second grade i watched naruto on toonami during their 100th episode marathon
Finally when i was a Freshmen i watched Rosario Vampire from start to end and it became the first anime i completed
>>
>>155891045
Depends on what counts.
I watched cardcaptors (English dub of cardcaptor sakura) as a kid so that was my first anime technically.

In terms of the first anime I watched subbed online making a conscious decision to get into anime, that would be shakugan no Shana, which I watched around 2009-2010.
>>
>>155901129
my psp broke
>>
>>155901181
Only a literal toaster wouldn't be able to run ppsspp playing a vn.
>>
File: 1465123844214.jpg (463KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1465123844214.jpg
463KB, 1920x1080px
>>155901129
As long as it has Aisaka Taiga in it, I'd enjoy anything.
Hell I probably would like it if I got smacked with a Aisaka Taiga baseball bat.
>>
>>155891045
It was naruto technically, and maybe fooly cooly for more adult stuff. But Zero no Tsukaima was the first thing I watched off of a zip I got from my cousin that got me hooked on weirder shit.
>>
File: 1488405981128.jpg (536KB, 980x950px) Image search: [Google]
1488405981128.jpg
536KB, 980x950px
i grew up watching anime, lol. probably dragonball

there was never really a time i "started" watching anime. when i was like 6 or 7, my dad watched ghost in the shell on tv with me
i guess i probably became a weeb back around in 06/07, whenever anime went up on youtube & downloading shit from irc channels
>>
Either Sonic X or Yu-Gi-Oh when I was younger, assuming those count.
>>
File: Screenshot (133).png (2MB, 1920x1018px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (133).png
2MB, 1920x1018px
>>155901471
I wouldn't mind it either
>>
>>155899866
Yes actually.
>>
The first anime I saw as a kid? Probably Dragon Ball.

The first anime I was seeking out? Sgt. Frog.
>>
>>155902450
do your mid-terms, Timmy
>>
Elfen Lied, 7 years ago.
>>
File: IMG_1688.jpg (152KB, 754x1000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1688.jpg
152KB, 754x1000px
Kamen no Maid Guy in 2008

What an introduction.
>>
>>155891045
Sailor Moon, about 20 years ago.
>>
>>155891045
I started late Summer with Bakemonogatari and took forever to finish it and the rest of the show. Then I just started watching whatever I found that I heard was good and watched the iconic shit, or some of it. Started browsing this board as a joke one day and then I just started using it more than I used any other board so I just hang around here more than I watch anime. I only finished around 83 things so far but I've seen more. I'm just putting off finishing them.
Great timing too cause this season doesn't have much I wanna watch
>>
Anime Finished:
1. Death Note
2. Elfen Lied
3. Mirai Nikki
4. Shingeki no kyojin
5-1. Sword Art Online
6. Angel Beats!
7. Highschool of the Dead
8. Clannad
9-1. Black Lagoon
9-2. Black Lagoon: The Second Barrage
9-3. Black Lagoon: Roberta's Blood Trail
10. Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo
11. Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba Sugiru (Oreshura)
12-1. High School DxD
12-2. High School DxD New
13-1. Working!!
13-2. Working'!!

This is what I watched back in 2013 on November and December I believe
>>
I unironically got introduced to anime through Boku no Pico
>>
>>155891045
I honestly have no idea. It could easily be my neighbor totoro, I know I had a VHS copy of that since early childhood. It might have been new dominion tank police or one of the other ones the Sci-fi channel showed back in that era. I wasn't really hooked yet at that age, so I just picked up what fell in my lap without really looking for it.
>>
>>155891045
Either Speed Racer or Kimba more than 20 years ago. First thing I watched in japanese and subbed was the first Patlabor movie.
>>
>>155891045
Very first would have been Dragonball Z on YTV, but I'd say Hajime No Ippo was the one to actually get me watching anime regularly.
>>
>>155891436
Nigga you old
>>
File: 1484201783989.jpg (53KB, 505x360px) Image search: [Google]
1484201783989.jpg
53KB, 505x360px
>>155891045
This circa 1972-73; followed by "Speed Racer" circa 1973-74 and was possibly a repeat of something broadcast a couple of years earlier
>>
>>155891045
Blue Exorcist 5 years ago now. Feels like forever ago.
>>
>>155891045
Alps no Shoujo Heidi, when I was 5

The first anime I downloaded and watched was Death Note tho, when I was 14 years old angsta teen
>>
https://youtu.be/BOBjxhMVt4Q
SI TU LO DESEAS PUEDES VOLAR
>>
>>155906643
t. Steve Jobs
>>
File: 1491104020102.png (524KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
1491104020102.png
524KB, 960x540px
K-On!, about 3 years ago.
Watched some of it on TV and then moved on to the internet.
Also, I kind of stopped watching anime last year. Only have seen Stella no Mahou and Kemono Friends since then.
>>
>>155907383
wait what?
>>
>>155894789
>>155892181
What the fuck is the adult swim ?
>>
>>155908773
Cartoon Network's late night shows that air, things like family guy or localized anime air, animated shows that are more intended for people that aren't 12 and under
>>
File: check these digits.png (302KB, 400x377px) Image search: [Google]
check these digits.png
302KB, 400x377px
>>155892288
Nice digits.
Now check these.
>>
Technically, my first anime were Pokemon, Sonic X, and Kirby. After that wave, the show that bridges the gap between me getting "into" anime was Zatch Bell (Konjiki no Gash Bell). In retrospect the anime adaption isnt that great, but that show really shaped my preteen and early teen years.
After I got over Zatch Bell (the english dub never fucking finished thanks toonami. i had like 50 episodes saved on my dvr) I watched a bit of Naruto and Bleach. For Naruto I think I stopped sometime after the Sasuke fight (last ep I remember was Sakura or Naruto trapped in some pyramid energy thing in some temple?) and Bleach very, very shortly after the first Soul Society arc. Also, they were the first shows I watched on Crunchyroll I think. For Zatch Bell I watched all the english episodes on TV, and then watched random parts of the ending on youtube way back when.
What I think really, REALLY got me into anime though was FMA '03. That was a huge part of my teen years, I probably rewatched the show like 4 times completely and the movie quite a few times too. Iirc I just watched it through a bunch of random shitty streaming and DDL sites.
Then I watched Brotherhood while it was being released on Hulu and I even went on /a/ the day the last episode aired. My family got Netflix near the end of high school and I watched tons of anime on there. Mushishi, Origins Spirits of the Past, Darker than Black, Death note, Soul Eater, Ghost Hound, Eden of the East, Casshern Sins, and probably a couple others Im forgetting. By the time I exhausted all the good shit Netflix had I found out about torrenting anime and for the next couple years I binged the fuck out of anime. I kinda miss those days too, nowadays Im super fucking picky. Unless a show really, REALLY touches a specific niche for me or really touches my heart in the first episode I take forever to finish stuff.
>>
>>155891045
The first one I watched in earnest? Big O.

First one ever? Probably Dragon Ball Z. It was during the early 90's, I don't remember much with clarity.
>>
Mitsubachi Māya no Bōken or Arupusu no Shōjo Haiji, can't say for sure.
>>
>>155891045
Not like you, that's for sure casual.

Newfags trying to feel better about themselves, fuck off.
>>
>>155892288
You embarrass me, delete isso.
>>
File: Index.jpg (20KB, 360x270px) Image search: [Google]
Index.jpg
20KB, 360x270px
I think it was Shinzo. Either that, or Pokemon.
>>
Mine was Sailor Moon about 18 years ago, I watch anime since my 3 years old, that is because of my mom that always liked watch cartoons and watched them with me when I was little.
>>
>>155891045
Doraemon, around 20 years ago. I start reading manga when I was 4.
>>
File: anime hist .jpg (1MB, 1080x1776px) Image search: [Google]
anime hist .jpg
1MB, 1080x1776px
>>
>>155891045
2,5 years ago, i watched Death note. I have completed 211 anime since then.
>>
File: 835_0889.jpg (911KB, 3072x1728px) Image search: [Google]
835_0889.jpg
911KB, 3072x1728px
In 2011, I started watching anime with English dubs on YouTube, chiefly starting with Lucky Star and the Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. It wasn't until I got to K-On! that I couldn't stand English dubs and, skipped it, watched Hyakko on a streaming site and then came back to K-On!. Afterwards, I watched Minami-ke and it all went spiraling down from there.

When I got to university in 2012, I took this piture on Valentine's Day - I had already fallen well into the hole and knew there was no coming back.

By 2013-2014, I had roughly 1.5 TB of anime saved on three external harddrives, had become the president of our university's anime club, boosting it to roughly 40 people watching 4 hours of anime straight once every week, and we began study groups with fellow students on learning Japanese. We won an accolade for our booth that year for "Most Enthusiastic Booth" at our university's college and frat fair.

Its been five years now and I can't see the light anymore. I've fallen in too deep and have become too much of a weeb. Worse yet is my continuation of propagating weebshit to normalfag friends, in turn converting them into fellow weebs. Where they would usually have been skateboarding and martial arts, now we talk about which Touhou we'd fuck and why.

/blog
>>
File: IMG_5620.jpg (2MB, 2352x1568px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5620.jpg
2MB, 2352x1568px
>>155914721

Now that I think about it, it was /a/ that recommended me those anime back when. A friend told me about this site and that it was a good recommendation site. I watched Boku no Pico and less disturbed than I was confused.

You've to blame for what I've become, /a/.
>>
File: 1387901546059.gif (468KB, 3000x2400px) Image search: [Google]
1387901546059.gif
468KB, 3000x2400px
When I was nine, the anime-original Hellsing german dub in 2003. I felt it was super weird how tall everyone was so I liked pokemon and digimon A LOT better. Really tall characters still weird me the fuck out
>>
>>155914803
>2011-14
>didnt see the pico meme video by then
you have yourself to blame
>>
File: 1374576513876.png (642KB, 726x1040px) Image search: [Google]
1374576513876.png
642KB, 726x1040px
>>155906119
No shit there's gonna be those of us who are old. If you assume users weren't underage b& back when 4chan first started, you're already talking 30s at a bare minimum. And of course there were users who were in their teens on here. And within the context of anime, its been around for decades, so it's only natural there are older individuals who grew up watching it.
>>
Elfen Lied, don't remember exactly when but I got it off of edonkey (I think it was called) so it was quite a while back. I've considered watching it again but it'll never be as good as the first time.
>>
>>155915297
I watched pico to chico, that was kind of hot,
boku no piko bother me just from the age difference.
>>
>>155891045
>first anime Monster musume
Kids these days start watching with really wierd series
But myself i started in early 90s with original Dragonball and Captain Harlock
>>
>>155917053
>Kids these days start watching with really wierd series
I liked monmusu quest so naturally I was going to start with something involving monster girls.
>>
>>155892181
I don't believe you. How the fuck do you go from Chad to pedo faggot just like that?
>>
>>155917382
cocaine is a hell of a drug
>>
File: be79999f499ed96709fec47511253d50.png (516KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
be79999f499ed96709fec47511253d50.png
516KB, 1280x720px
>>155891045
Kotoura-san
three years ago
>>
Another
Dec 4 2016
>>
File: LZmgEuHl.jpg (40KB, 368x451px) Image search: [Google]
LZmgEuHl.jpg
40KB, 368x451px
In the late nineties I vaguely remeber watching Sailor Moon with my sister. Also I really liked digimon but my friends didn't so I stopped watching it.
2003 was when I actually stared seeking out anime as opposed to just cartoons. My first conscious anime selection was either Ruroni Kenshin or Hikaru no Go. Also it was manga because I didn't have a computer, and my local dvd rental place marked all anime with a "not for children" sticker, so my parents wouldn't let me get it.
>>
File: 1489712618302.jpg (73KB, 500x563px) Image search: [Google]
1489712618302.jpg
73KB, 500x563px
Saint Seiya, 23 years ago (I was 4).
>>
>>155917794
>:3c
>>
>>155917077
Yeah i get that but it is just wierd when my generation was mostly just about action
>>
>>155918601
you mean like hakuto no ken and robo getter?
>>
>>155891045
Toradora was the first show I ever watched as it aired. I just randomly stumbled upon an anime streaming site and started watching whatever, this first eps of that one included. I was in middle school so I didn't know how the currently airing thing worked, I would just check the site every day for a new episode. Eventually I found the currently airing charts and my life has been fucked ever since.
>>
Pokemon I guess, 17 or more years ago. As for anime anime, maybe Death Note or something when I finally got my own PC 10 years ago.
>>
>>155891045
Sola like 6 years ago. Think I was like 12 or 13 or some shit. After that I watched Ano Hana and then School Days.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (62KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
62KB, 1280x720px
This is going to sound fucking awful, but Akikan was the first anime I watched by myself and what technically started me down the path.

I used to watch anime with my dad, it was usually old shit like MD Geist, Evangelion, Ray:Earth. Good stuff that all left an impression in me, but my first true experience that I can remember was with Akikan.

Don't get me wrong it was a really shit anime I just randomly can across in middle school, but it was what started me on the path to downloading a crap ton of other good anime like Bakemonogatari (back when it had only one season and wasn't full of memes), Higurashi, ToraDora, Clannad and so on.

Tl;Dr: Akikan.
>>
>>155892088
I use MAL
>>
>>155913759
From actually interesting looking characters to nothing but cute girls.
List checks out.
>>
>>155892181
Are you me?

Likewise, in 2007 college roommates showed me Yu Yu Hakusho, I came to /a/ and asked for advice on what to ask next (got told Cowboy Bebop and GitS). Saw those... a decade later I've seen more than 500 series, seen pretty much everything pre-1980 that's available.
>>
Sailor Moon when I was really young.
The first anime I watched that I was consciously aware was anime was Yu Yu Hakusho when I was 11ish.
>>
Oh man, I missed the days of downloading off Mediafire like an idiot after school in the computer lab.

This is the first anime I actually actually remember clearly. It was real cute looking back at it.
>>
File: IMG_7223.jpg (118KB, 736x552px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7223.jpg
118KB, 736x552px
>>155891045
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eI_el2XhI8s
>>
Bleach 12-13 years ago

Friend showed me the first episode and I was hooked

Now I'm a lolicon and I have no idea how that happened
>>
>>155919655
I liked that show, especially the intro.
>>
>>155919384
This was one of my first as well. Looking back it was shit but at the time it was fucking awesome.
>>
>>155919704
To this day the Inyasha still has the best color pallet in anime. One of the prettiest anime ever.
>>
>>155913759
This is actually scarily accurate. Just throw in Spirited Away in 9-12 and some more toonami anime in 12-15 like Cowboy Bebop
>>
>>155916446
I've always imagined I'd grow out of anime and 4chan by the time I get out of college. Really challenges my world view to see someone completely grown and still enjoying this.
>>
File: IMG_7224.jpg (35KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7224.jpg
35KB, 900x900px
>>155913759
>implying Adult Swim wasn't the anime revolution

I still remember being pissed when they had that bit to restrict anime to only Saturday because didn't have access to the internet and couldn't vote so I had to suffer because idiots everywhere wanted to watch more Squidbillies and 12 Oz mouse.
>>
>>155919756
Yeah it was pretty great at the time. Back then I could still tolerate harem shit too.
>>
>>155913759
Skipped Netflix and went straight to torrents.
>>
3000 Leagues in Search of Mother.

I was 5 or 6 at the time and had no idea what anime was.
>>
>>155920098
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WqH4Bpe7Mjk

This is the shit the canceled my anime for!!!!!!!!!!! The rage is coming back!!!!
>>
>>155891045

Doraemon was my first mango

grew up with fond memories of watching Slam Dunk, Detective Conan and Transformers
>>
>>155911003
Have you seen Steins;Gate?
>>
>>155920202
That is fucking cancer Holy shit
>>
>>155920337
Yea, they restricted anime to only Saturday because of shit like that and I couldn't even vote for anime to stay in the vote because I didn't have access to internet.
>>
File: 1489285799841.jpg (78KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1489285799841.jpg
78KB, 600x800px
>>155914803
Far better than my collection of weebshit.
>>
>>155920337
Cancer is this fucking thread.
>>
>January last year
>animes
>Nobody noticed it
/a/ truly dead huh
>>
first anime I ever saw was most likely my neighbor totoro in the early 90s

then the stuff like Outlaw Star on toonami starting in the late 90s

First anime that I watched subbed was Fate/staynight someone gave me burned on a DVD

Watching AMV Hell:3 with a friend in highschool is what really started getting me into anime

First anime I downloaded from the net was either claymore, school rumble, or Hale+guu
>>
>>155891045
about 6 years ago

my first anime that I saw was samurai champloo
>>
>>155920934
i blame kemono friends
>>
>>155891045
Schooldays, I don't why I still watched another anime after this shit.
>>
Attack on titan 2 years ago,
>>
>>155921645
Because you liked it.
>>
Gundam Wing I think, like 15 years ago.
>>
File: 1433575879294.png (1MB, 1040x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1433575879294.png
1MB, 1040x1000px
>>155913759
>age 16-17
>Netflix
>>
Nichijou in 2013
>>
>>155891045
3x3 Eyes about 23 years ago.
>>
Sailor Moon, mid 90s
get off my lawn kids
>>
When i was young i watched DBZ and Sailor moon like everyone else. I didn't really have cable growing up so i couldn't really watch anime on cartoon network/ adult swim until like 2003 and even then i wasnt deep into it. I didn't really "get" into anime until i picked up a copy of viz shounen jump and read one piece after watching the god awful 4kids dub. then myspace happened and i joined groups where i could watch bleach and naruto and other anime. then i found out about manga translations online and have been reading/watching this crap since.

now im here. from watch normie shit like DBZ to watching a girl become a dragon from getting really wet. it's amazing im still interested in this stuff.
>>
>>155891045
I watched Maid-Sama! like five years ago.
>>
>>155891045

I watched FLCL a while ago on TV. I thought it was somewhere between 2006-2008 but I can' find any evidence that it was on TV in the U.S between 2003 and 2013 so I guess I watched it in 2003?

Then I didnt really watch anything else until FMA:B in 2010.
>>
Captain Tsubasa
19 years ago
>>
Not counting TV stuff like DBZ and Pokémon, it was Rozen Maiden in about 2006.
>>
>>155891045
I started watching anime 3-4 years ago. I quite don't remember my very first anime but the 2 anime that I finished watching is Soul Eater and Rosario Vampire. Ever since then, I struck my most favorite series, A Certain Magical Index. Jojo is also a top fav too. So far, I have watched 60+ anime and finished around over 30-40.
>>
>>155918703
Yeah pretty much. When you started watching anime it was always action show and mostly watched those kinda shows for first 3-5 years
>>
>>155920934
I noticed but you didnt really care
>>
>>155925156
want to cuddle?
>>
>>155891045
Robotech, like 25 years ago? I don't really remember if Robotech or Candy Candy was my first though.
>>
File: 1463777396304.gif (1MB, 472x261px) Image search: [Google]
1463777396304.gif
1MB, 472x261px
Candy Boy. 5 years ago. First complete series was Marimite soon after.
>>
>>155925841
is that a trap?
>>
File: mako.jpg (18KB, 210x240px) Image search: [Google]
mako.jpg
18KB, 210x240px
Kill la Kill, 3 years ago, I decided to watch it since /v/ wouldn't stop spamming it.

It was pretty fun, honestly, as a 1st time watcher.
Then I went through all of the popular Gainax shows, TTGL and Eva were the two shows that really got me into it.
>>
>>155892088
Yes
>>
File: scc.jpg (20KB, 236x531px) Image search: [Google]
scc.jpg
20KB, 236x531px
>>155891045
Cardcaptor Sakura, 14 years ago
>>
>>155925904
No
>>
>>155926478
That is a good start.
>>
>>155913759
How young are you to group 18 and up?
>>
>>155919704
Such memories.
>>
Elfen Lied, probably 6 years ago?
I remember the time i used to find anime through top 10 lists and didnt know shit about which ones were good or not.
>tfw you will never see Death Note, JIBUUUN WO, Gurren Lagann, Mirai Nikki, DBZ, Steins Gate or Eureka 7 for the first time. So many memorable anime
>>
>>155932560
i still dont i just watch what /a/ watches
>>
>>155913759
>mean score 7.5
Every time.
>>
>>155891045
Blood+. I watched it on Netflix. I didn't even like it that much lol. 2010 maybe is when I watched it
>>
konosuba
>>
>>155933266
what did you think of it?
>>
>>155920098
Wasnt implying anything. Just my personal history. I just didnt watch much tv and hated having to keep up with shit every week.
Except for Zatch Bell. Huge influence on me as a kid, watched every episode on toonami

>>155930320

>>155933015
to me 5 or 6 is average anyway
>>
>>155934420
Yeah you need a 25 and up.
>>
Gosick in 2012, followed by Yuru Yuri, Ika Musume and Panty&Stocking. Was a pretty fun start.
>>
>>155891368
Ma boi
>>
>starting anime with anything post 2010
I thought that was the worst ofender but I bet there are fags who started with SnK, kill la kill or motherfucking umaru.

>>155895141
Probably banned for today thanks to the forced shitposting thread a couple of hours ago.
>>
>>155936338
Sad but true and in a few years they will be complaining about the new fans.
>>
>>155934420
5 is literally average.
>>
>>155933015
IMO if your average isn't somewhere around 7.5, you probably need to be more selective with what you start watching. Yes it's good to use the whole number scale, but why are you watching and completing anime that you're not enjoying? Just so you can brag about how many hundreds of anime you've watched on /a/? You'd probably be happier if you diversified your hobbies.
>>
High School girlfriend was in the anime club

The first one she showed to me was either Elfen Lied or episode 1 of Queen's Blade, I don't remember
>>
>>155891045
Pokemon if you mean first thing that's an anime, probably Haruhi for my first "into anime" anime. I read Shonen Jump between 10 and 13 or so, but only watched Bleach until I got bored of Soul Society.

I did watch some of Scrapped Princess with my older brother and dad, but not much of it.
>>
>>155891045

Dunno, some video rental from 1980something.
>>
File: this is how we do it in orbit.jpg (131KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
this is how we do it in orbit.jpg
131KB, 1280x720px
>First Dubbed
Pokemon, Samurai Pizza Cats and Cardcaptor Sakura

>First Subbed
Naruto, Narutaru (screw you torrent namers) and Seto no Haneyome
>>
>>155941080
>high school anime club
>Elfen Lied or Queen's Blade

How'd they get away with that?
>>
>>155942886
The same way mine got away with airing the last episode of Excel Saga.
Having it after hours and posting an extremely nervous club owner at the door
>>
>>155942886
She was in the anime club, I wasn't. We used netflix at her house.
>>
Sailor Moon some time back in '99. I also remember watching Vampire Hunter D but I can't remember if I saw that before or after.
>>
Neon Genesis Evangelion in 2010 I think.... I've watched about 300 animes since then and I regret doing it...

Specially the all the time I wasted watching Naruto....

>Kaworu Besto Grill.
>>
>>155891045
My first major memory of anime that I thoroughly enjoyed was tsukiama no zero. It was great especially when they kissed on the dragon while riding off into.the sun set and the music started playing. I remember I stayed up till 6 am to watch it all.
>>
File: Guyver-Volume1-VHS-Cover[1].jpg (31KB, 250x446px) Image search: [Google]
Guyver-Volume1-VHS-Cover[1].jpg
31KB, 250x446px
When somebody lent me this VHS around 17 years ago
>>
Pokemon, Digimon and Tekkaman Blade in my childhood.
As for actually getting into anime, first it was Bleach some 8 years ago, then got recommended Death Note, which was what actually got me into anime as a medium.
>>
>>155891045
arpeggio of blue steel, early 2015
after that I watched chobits
about 3 months later I seriously got into anime and watched evangelion then toradora then a whole bunch of stuff

so far I've watched about 40 or so series through, but I don't watch nearly as much as I could because I'm an autist with a tragically low attention span
>>
>>155943108
Oh, my mistake.

>>155943061
Don't high school anime clubs usually have a teacher hang around because the school requires it? I wonder if any teachers got into anime that way.
>>
>>155941080
>High School girlfriend was in the anime club
must be nice
>>
>>155944821
Not as nice as it sounds. Those alt girls who "aren't like the other girls" and watch anime, play videogames, etc are damaged, vulnerable, dumb, and have at least one severe personality or mental disorder. Despite being aware of this, it's the only type of girl I end up becoming attracted to and vice versa.
>>
>>155941080
>Girlfriend in Anime Club
>Gets you into 2 series that show T&A each episode.
Not bad.
>>
File: 1491968304152.png (271KB, 808x800px) Image search: [Google]
1491968304152.png
271KB, 808x800px
>>155945852
you jerk
>>
Dragon Ball, 17 years ago
>>
>>155891045
The first I remember watching is either Fruits Basket or Tenchi Muyo as like a toddler or something. But I remember nothing about Tenchi Muyo, and only remember Fruits Basket from when I watched it again in middle school later, so I'm not sure if they count.
>>
Excluding stuff on TV as a kid, it would be Squid Girl. Someone showed me the OP making epic tentacle jokes the whole time and I liked it.
>>
>>155891045
It depends.

If childhood staples like DBZ, Pokemon or CCS don't count, it would either be Spirited Away back when it first aired on cable in my country (I remember setting that date apart just to catch it on the first run instead of stumbling into the anime block to catch whatever), FMA which is the first anime I watched on DVD (a recommendation from an elder cousin), or Code Geass, which is the first anime I watched online with fansubs (and eventually torrented) on my own. It's rather hard to pinpoint.

My first manga is unequivocally Naruto, though, and it was my obsession with manga (not anime) what got me to eventually find this place. Funnily enough, aside from catching it a few times by accident, I never really watched the Naruto anime. And I think that the first manga outside of "the big 3" that I read was either Death Note, I''s, or HxH.
>>
>>155920037
I really hope 4chan continues to exist for at least the rest of my life, since I don't think I'd be able to talk about chinese cartoons elsewhere the way I do here.
>>
File: s-l1000.jpg (212KB, 1000x617px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1000.jpg
212KB, 1000x617px
Probably Naruto on TV about 8 years ago I guess. It was the only thing I watched back then.

I didn't really like Dragon Ball although all of my friends did. I also used to watch yu-gi-oh and I collected their game-cards. It got to the point where whenever someone entered my room they'd be swimming on yugioh cards.

Then I started watching avatar and the stopped watching TV altogether.

I started watching anime again three or four years ago. Most of what I watched were SoL's and I just watched like an epusode or two before going to sleep.

Then I really got into anime when I first watched Kill la Kill two years ago. It was an amazing experience the first time I watched it, and I always like to rewatch it from time to time. I've been watching a lot more anime since then.

Tl;dr: Naruto on tv, the kill la kill.
>>
>>155947578
Oh and I also used to watch Miyazaki's movies when I was a child, they seemed to be quite popular in my country back then.
>>
>>155947578
>kill la kill
You're not /a/, you're /co/. Or even better, I guess it's called Neo-/a/ now.
>>
>>155947821
And what's old /a/ supposed to watch then?
>>
>>155947871
Shit you don't know, which's everything with a very few key exceptions.
>>
>>155941080
haha bro elfen lied its so like adult and shit she like pees on the floor dude you gotta watch this
>>
>>155892088
I hate the e-penis shit surrounding it. Its just fun for me to keep track of it and MAL makes it super easy to track and easy for friends and others to get a quick hold on my taste/recommend me stuff.
>>
Either Dragon Ball or Samurai Pizza Cats. I don't remember which I saw first, but they were both around the same time when I was a kid.
My first foray into anime outside Toonami, Adult Swim, and TechTV was Love Hina, downloaded episode by 240p episode on Imesh in 2005.
>>
>>155946055
It's not your fault, you know. Whether it was family members who weren't very nice to you, or classmates who didn't accept you for being a little different, it was never your fault and it's understandable that you still do not have a firm understanding of love and friendship. I know those feels too. But whatever happens, it'll be okay. I'm rooting for you.
>>
>>155948690
DB is always the answer.
>>
Boku no Pico converted me from a normal person into a homosexual, anime fan, queer, otaku, faggot, AYYYY I WANT TO SUCK SOME DICK LIKE MY ANIME HEROES!
>>
>>155948789
what the hell are you talking about?
>>
>>155891045
Sora no Woto was my first and it is special to me

i guess you could say pokemon was my first, but i dont know if i could really call it as anime. i know it is, but when i was a kid i always called it a cartoon.
>>
>>155950425
I put off watching the final 2 episodes for 7 years
>>
>>155950425
>implying animes aren't just cartoons by another name
>>
>>155950425
>but i dont know if i could really call it as anime.
byt what justification
>>
>>155950622
i watched it together with spongebob and fairly odd parents when i was a kid so i just lumped them together in one category i guess
>>
File: IMG_0140.jpg (18KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0140.jpg
18KB, 300x168px
>>155891045
kill la kill
>>
>>155891045
I think Fruits Basket when I was in middle school
>>
>>155891045
Perfect Blue.
>>
>>155951202
Yes!
>>
too young to remember, some Ghibli like cartoon that reminds me of Totoro, had some kind of floating fantasy creature that befriends two kids, like around 1996~
>>
>>155891045
i just watched this anime and it was complete horse shit

and its rated good, how is this possible? its plain, its anime to brainwash idiots, targeting the lone gooks in gookland
>>
>>155891045 (OP)
Maid-Sama!
I remember cheering for the sexy beast every time he did something smooth as fuck.
No homo
>>
>>155954054

you just answered your question
>>
I think I was 5 or 6 when my father rented a VHS tape and got it for me because the VHS rental shop said its a 'cartoon.' I remember its an anime with giant slugs and obviously don't know whats going on.
>>
>>155891045
Nice blog thread.
>>
File: 1488765957346.jpg (103KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1488765957346.jpg
103KB, 900x1200px
>>155891045
Sailor Moon. Must have been around 1996.

However... First Anime I really followed was DBZ on Toonami.
>>
File: 51g1p8cG9aL.jpg (56KB, 351x500px) Image search: [Google]
51g1p8cG9aL.jpg
56KB, 351x500px
>>155891045
The first one I took notice of and watched somewhat regularly was Ganbare, Kickers!, which must have been about 22 years ago though I was too young to care enough to properly watch it at that time.

I also have vague memories of watching quite a few japanese/western collaborations like Calimero and Around the World with Willy Fog around that time.
>>
>>155891045
I've been watching them since the 80's and I probably started before I enrolled in school, so I'm not really sure what did I start on since I barely have memories from that time.
>>
>>155891045
2-3 years ago with TTGL watched a few more shows after that and took a hiatus for over a year
>>
File: SpeedRacer.jpg (38KB, 523x350px) Image search: [Google]
SpeedRacer.jpg
38KB, 523x350px
>>155891045
Speed Racer in 1972. Yeah. I'm a old one.
>>
>>155960523
Go Go Go Mach 5!
>>
Akira i rented it with my parents from blockbuster good times
>>
>>155960558
Oh and that was probably 01-02
>>
Detective conan, Chinese dub, 1999 or so. I was maybe 6 years old.
>>
Attack on Titan, and I hope that upsets you.
>>
Hell Girl, in 2005 or so when it was still airing. I got it from my father's nerdy friend on a DVD. Best fucking gift of my life.
>>
File: chacha.jpg (77KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
chacha.jpg
77KB, 480x480px
Almost anyone my age in our third world hellhole can confidently say, whether or not they became f/a/ggots or normies, that their first chinese cartoons would be something along the lines of Dragon Ball or Pokemon. Or Evangelion.

The one I'm very fond of among my firsts, however, is pic related. I can say this definitely set a very solid foundation of an extremely profound taste in lolis.
>>
>>155919607
>a decade later I've seen more than 500 series, seen pretty much everything pre-1980 that's available.
Wait, do you mean you only watched pre-1980s anime?
>>
getter robo on VHS
>>
Dragon Ball when I was 4 years old. But Death Note was the first anime I downloaded. My first manga was Saint Seiya and the first manga I've read online was Pokemon Special.
>>
>>155917382
I never said I was a Chad.
>>
my first was probably Slayers. Saw it ~2002 so about 15 years ago?
>>
>>155891045
Baccano 2014
>>
File: 1442699663926.jpg (16KB, 320x266px) Image search: [Google]
1442699663926.jpg
16KB, 320x266px
>>155954305
My guy
>>
I started with Cowboy Bebop about six years ago. And it was all because a friend of mine hacked my PSP for me and put Persona 3 on there. It got me into Jap culture and I've not been able to get away since.
>>
Never cared about anime until 2015 when my girlfriend showed me Jojo Stardust Crusaders. Since then I've watched 50+ shows and I regret nothing. It's ironic how my gf turned me into a huge waifufag.
>>
>>155891045
Cyborg 009 on VHS. 23-24 years ago. Didn't actually get into anime or manga until high school, though.
>>
>>155961473
Waifufag doesnt mean Girlfag newfag.
>>
The first anime I watched aside from what was on TV at the time were FMA 03 and Haruhi in '06
>>
>>155894321
same here, still have the dvd
>>
>>155891045
My memory's blurry when it comes to stuff like this.

It's either Heidi of the Alps, Prince Cedie, Princess Sarah, Little Women or My Daddy Long Legs around 1997-1998?

My beloved found and claimed my heart last 2011, I adore both her anime and light novel. I watched and enjoyed alot more of anime since then but my love for her isn't waning but still growing stronger. It's the smile, her ass and her hips man... I can't get enough of it.
>>
File: 1454436190354.jpg (98KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1454436190354.jpg
98KB, 1440x1080px
If we're counting anime shown on TV, then Pokémon and CCS

Watching online though it would've been Lucky Star, Elfen Lied and Kodomo no Jikan.
>>
>>155891045
Pokemon. It was also the first thing I looked up on the internet, because I wanted to watch Kanto with my brother.
I've watched the Kanto series of Pokemon more times than I can count.
>>
Bubu Chacha and Cyborg Kuro-Chan

Back when I was a wee kiddo so around... 16 years ago?
>>
>>155954054
It's not the show's fault if you just have shit taste.
>>
>>155963664
>Kojika
I mean, I'm not one to judge, considering I'm a huge lolicon myself, but having it as one of your first anime is certainly an accomplishment of sorts.
>>
>All these newfags
Oh, for fuck's sake. /a/ couldn't have gotten this bad could it? It's no problem having a few of them, but these numbers are ridiculous.
>>
>>155891045
Umaru.
Probably one of the best animes I watched so far.
Thread posts: 329
Thread images: 62

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.