[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have there ever been any two mangaka existing at the same time

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 1

Have there ever been any two mangaka existing at the same time with as much talent as Togashi and Kishimoto?

They are the modern-day Masamune and Murasame.
>>
>>155849236
Well considering that Togashi is never going to finish Hunter X Hunter we can safely assume he is tite Kubo tier.
>>
>>155849236
Have there ever been any two mangaka existing at the same time with as much talent as Togashi and Oda?
FTFY
>>
>>155849236
>One that uses his talent to an extreme level
>One that's too lazy to even use it.
>>
>>155849490
Oda is only in first place because Kishimoto let him be. If Naruto's writing had as shit standards as One Piece, believe me you, OP would be the one ran out of town right now. The lowest common denominator is Oda's territory, and Kishi has too much honor and self-respect to invade it.
>>
>>155850590
Pretty much.

One piece is really only more popular than Naruto in Japan. That's mostly because Japanese people feteshize anything with western themes(pirates).

One piece is almost 900 chapters and is nowhere near rapping up. Hunter x hunter has a better chance of being finished in our lifetimes than one piece.
>>
>>155850793
> western themes(pirates)
How come we never hear about Japanese pirates, anyway?
>>
>>155850865
They don't really exist. Pirates as we know them mainly originated in the Atlantic ocean.
>>
>>155850979
If you have naval trade (as an island nation obviously does), there are going to be naval criminals preying on that. Maybe they never got romanticized to the same extent for whatever reason, but I assume they existed.
>>
>>155851213
Sure their were thiefs. But the famous pirates that we base our image of pirates on (blackbeard) were all atlantic ocean pirates. Specifically barbary and Caribbean pirates
>>
>>155850590
Fuck off, Kishimoto is a hack.
>>
>>155851431
>hack
>produces best shounen manga ever.

Try again.
>>
>>155850793

>Japanese wank OP because it has western themes(Pirates)
>Americans wank Naruto because it has eastern themes(Ninjas)

Yeah this actually makes sense. Kind of explains why Bleach is somewhere in the middle, it has influences from Japanese,Spanish,Greek,German, English and dutch.
>>
>>155851533
When you get rid of the theme feteshizing naruto is objectively the better of the two.

Bleach is below both because it is written by a mangaka with the writing skills of a 5 year old.
>>
>>155849236
You do know all the greatest mangaka of all time are still alive, right? These guys are nothing compared to them.
Tezuka was a talentless hack.
>>
>>155851495
>delusional narutards
>on my /a/
>>
>>155851642
>When you get rid of the fetishistizing
How would you even do this?

Cause I'm gonna be honest as childish as OP is, Oda doesn't retcon nearly as much as Kishimoto.

How do you justify Kishimoto literally saying "I made my final villain too strong, so I had to cut him from the story with no payoff".

At the very least it proves Kishi made things up as he went along, Oda has everything planned out.
>>
>>155851744
This isn't your /a/, dumb greentexter.
>>
>>155851757
Oda never actually needs to retconn because none of his arcs ever have anything to do with each-other. There's no overarching plot.
>>
>>155849236
>starts a fellation on the ones who create Boruto and hiatusXhiatus
>>
>>155849236
Togashi's really straining his back in that picture. Just look a his pained expression.
>>
>>155851856
>hiatusXhiatus

Thanks for the laugh
>>
>>155851848
The goverment/reviere/ponyglyphs/war things the overarching plot.

I'm not saying OP is perfect, but you can't say Kishimoto is a better writer. I can't respect a writer who doesn't plan ahead.
>>
>>155851919
Sure but literally every arch has a new set of antagonists. It's easy to have good continuity when you don't continue most of your characters.
>>
>>155851757
Oda has nothing planned out. Seastones, Haki, the relationship between Trace and Zoro's rival or whatever, even Luffy having a freaking brother was all retconned into the story. And this is just what I'm skimming off the top of my head mind you. He is literally leading you along like a dog.

Meanwhile Naruto went 700 chapters and I can only say for sure that there was one retcon (Kakashi's age at initiatition into Jonin), maybe two, but it's a huge stretch. You think the final boss was a retcon because your attention span is too short to follow a basic story. The Uchiha's curse was foreshadowed since Part 1 with the Mangekyo Sharingan's suspicious prerequisites that Sasuke declines to follow, and Kakashi hints at the overarching story for Part 2 when he tells himself Naruto and Sasuke are like the First and Madara.
>>
>>155849236
>yea sorry, thanks for forgiving me for everything
>>
>>155853399
Plus retconning madara with Kaguya because he was too powerful is a shit retcon. Especially since kaguya was way stronger.
>>
>>155849490
>Togashi and Oda
aka people who will never finish their manga
>>
>>155849236
> comparing narushit to hxh or even yuyu hakusho
kill yourself
>>
>>155853499
Yuyu hakusho was shit after the dark tournament arc. haitusxhaiitus is shit.
>>
>>155851919
>>155852162
>>155853399
And then, speaking of villains, the body Orochimaru really wanted all along and which we learn why through Juugo, is Kimimaro's who is of the Kaguya clan and bears physical resemblances to her, needless to say.

tl;dr first guy, you've got your head up your ass. Second guy, you're also as bad for not knowing your own fandom's canon.
>>
>>155853528
naruto was shit from the get go
>>
O MY RUBBER NEN
>>
>>155853546
So you have something in common. I can see why you like it enough to know it so well.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.