[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now that Funimation owns the rights to this, what are the chances

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: nichijou-1.jpg (274KB, 798x1000px) Image search: [Google]
nichijou-1.jpg
274KB, 798x1000px
Now that Funimation owns the rights to this, what are the chances of it getting a dub? I'm not too sure of how the localization industry works, but as someone who enjoys the occasional dub after watching the subs, I was looking forward to seeing how this might sound

As long as Funimation sells enough copies it's pretty much guaranteed, right?
>>
They've only released a few shows as subtitle only and they have never gone back and made English dubs of those. So I'd say the chances of it happening for Nichijou are nearly non-existent.
>>
File: NichijouNanoNotARobot2.jpg (339KB, 640x749px) Image search: [Google]
NichijouNanoNotARobot2.jpg
339KB, 640x749px
>>155840085
>what are the chances of it getting a dub
Who gives a shit?

>as someone who enjoys the occasional dub after watching the subs
You're not fooling anyone.

>As long as Funimation sells enough copies it's pretty much guaranteed, right?
Just tweet Funimation and ask, you fucking dubfag.
>>
>>155840498
Seems like a silly thing to get worked up over. I have seen the subs three times already and there is no problem wanting to see an alternate version of it.

Retard.
>>
>>155840085
Not happening. Were in the #thedubsarecoming campaign and this show still didnt get a dub. This show is nowhere near popular enough to warrant any kind of treatment other than a localized BD release. Why would you even want a dub for Nichijou? The jokes would be even less funny and be all around awful
>>
Anyone know why funimation is no longer avaiable for EU IPs (or at least Germany)
>>
>>155840085
There was an interview with a Funimation exec where he said they need to clear 10k units in order to pay for a dub. It'll be up to their sales projections to determine greenlight or not. Speaking honestly though, the chance of it is slim, given the almost decade delay in licensing.
>>
>>155840085
>as someone who enjoys the occasional dub
why put yourself through that
>>
>>155840085
bad idea to dub this show.
too many loli voices. it would be half-assed and they'd sound like women in their 30s.
>>
>>155841218
Because they want you to buy from the local sub-license holder.
>>
>>155840796
>>
>>155843380
always ruins a character when you see some fat sjw voicing your favorite anime character
>>
File: Disgusted Beta.jpg (116KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Disgusted Beta.jpg
116KB, 1280x720px
>>155840085
I don't understand dubfags. Why even put up with low quality voiceacting instead of the source actors? Do you do this shit with other mediums? The only acceptable dubs are books and they're not even dubs.
>>
>>155840085
I don't understand how people can watch dubs. The voice acting is always shit, just read the damn subs.
>>
>>155846086
>>155846002
Dubfag here. I do watch both but I prefer to prioritize dub because I like having the ability to look away from the screen for more than a second without missing anything
>>
>>155846287
Get good you scrub.
>>
>>155846287
>not having a built in screenshot binary embedded on your brain running GNU/Linux that lets you pick up all the dialogue from the screen in less than 0.01ms letting you focus on the anime instead
>>
>>155846002
>The only acceptable dubs are books and they're not even dubs.
>not reading subs for books
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/English_As_She_Is_Spoke
>>
screw that. I'd rather have season 2
>>
>>155846495
I like you.
>>
>>155846002
>The only acceptable dubs are books
Why though? Because you feel it is convenient? They really aren't acceptable at all.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.