[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>With the last of my oxygen, I shall rush forward, and even

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

File: DempseyRoll.png (214KB, 615x392px) Image search: [Google]
DempseyRoll.png
214KB, 615x392px
>With the last of my oxygen, I shall rush forward, and even though I can't see anymore, I still remember the positioning of Coach's mitts

>THIS IS THE JAPANESE SPIRIT

>YOU'VE GOT HIM BOY, HE'S STARTING TO GET TRAUMATIZED BY HOW BADLY HE'S SMASHING YOU TO BITS!
>>
>tfw golden age of boxing is long dead
>>
>tfw Jack Dempsey never did anything cool like the dempseyroll
>>
>>155525273
>tfw you can't become a boxer because you're too skinny
>>
>>155526614

Just means you'll be in a weight class with 5'2" manlets where you're guaranteed to have the reach advantage. Though even if you reach the top, the title of "Fly-weight champion" doesn't really hold as much power behind it. Really you should just box for fun
>>
you need to punch harder
>>
File: 1488902605652.png (2KB, 204x120px) Image search: [Google]
1488902605652.png
2KB, 204x120px
>>155525294
Don't worry. I am going usher in a boxing renaissance in America. It will be bigger than football.
>>
Best sports series. Just listening to Inner Light gets me pumped.
>>
File: 1470546013728.jpg (110KB, 728x1081px) Image search: [Google]
1470546013728.jpg
110KB, 728x1081px
>>155530092
>Best sports series.
Nah.
>>
>>155530278
what the fuck? do you enjoy watching plants grow too?
>>
>>155530479
>He doesn't get sexual pleasure from watching tomatoes grow
>>
STICK TO THE BASICS BOY
STICK TO THE BASICS
>>
File: 1489442428012.jpg (2MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
1489442428012.jpg
2MB, 1600x900px
>>155530479
Really ironic coming from the guy that enjoys a manga that has over 1000+ chapters and hasn't gone somewhere. Ippo is still recovering from his fight against Alf, Aoki and Kimura are still a joke and Takamura is so invencible that all his fights have lost any real tension.

AnJ for example only lasted 5 years.
>>
>>155530602
Reading a manga that takes forever to get somewhere interesting is still miles better than one that only takes a chapter to go from boring to meh and never gets any better. Ippo could have been reflecting on his loss to Date all this time and it still would have been a better manga. can't blame the author, when his source material is so boring that the fake version has magnitudes more people watching you don't have much to work with.
>>
>>155530876
>Reading a manga that takes forever to get somewhere interesting is still miles better than one that only takes a chapter to go from boring to meh and never gets any better.
Clearly you haven't read Baki in a long time.
> can't blame the author, when his source material is so boring that the fake version has magnitudes more people watching you don't have much to work with.

What are you even talking about. Is Morikawa's fault. The man is probably the biggest Joe fanboy and still failed to do anything Chiba did in just 5 years. Even the madhouse adaptation is getting worse since the first show because is getting to the point where Morikawa didn't knew what to do. Even his pseudo Joe(Sendou) is having more progress that Ippo and friends.
>>
File: 1480554706168.png (1MB, 1432x2958px) Image search: [Google]
1480554706168.png
1MB, 1432x2958px
>>155530092
Dunno about best sports in general but as far as boxing goes, it's possibly the best anime. Prefer Ashito no Joe and RRR to it manga-wise personally.

>>155530278
Baki lost me when it started doing all that imagination training stuff. Was enjoyable enough up to that point though.
>>
>>155531295
>Baki lost me when it started doing all that imagination training stuff. Was enjoyable enough up to that point though.
So you gave up at Retsu, and didn't see the Prisoner Arc, which is not only the best arc of Baki but one of the best arcs of any sports manga of all time?
>>
>>155531295

Was waiting for this to be posted.
>>
>>155531404
I watched the Kaioh tournament and Prison arcs, as well as the Pickle stuff and the shit with Olivia & notChe Guevara. The imagination training stuff became outright unbearable the further I went into it + all the shit about Yujiro being a super cool guy got dull for me.
>>
>>155530278
>>155530602
>>155531112
stupid classic Japanese glorification/revisionist shit. I would be able to at least suspend belief if all the fighters had some sort of supper power or something so their martial arts were actually useful. But it's just normal dudes(mostly) and their training makes them gods? And that dumb shit about
>muh single Japanese man took down the USA
It's the same problem as twilight. The story itself isn't that bad but you can feel the author jerking off to all this shit and it leaves a bad taste in your mouth. Like the writing is covered in cum. At least Morikawa knows enough to accept the Japanese man's inferiority to North Americans.
>>
>>155525273
I like Ippo because he (cannon) has a huge cock.

Simple reasons.
>>
You guys like to meme ippo clichés but that doesn't change the fact that its still hype as fuck with good characters, and great tension
>>155528741
I wish
>>
I loved the first tv series so much. Pretty much a perfect sports animu, with a great stopping point.
>>
>>155525273
>after 1000 chapters of nothing dude gets brain damage
>>
Isn't like half the shit in Ippo /fit/ teir broscience
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.