[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people love this show so much? The main character is shit,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

Why do people love this show so much? The main character is shit, the music (with the exception of the OP they only use for half of the series) is forgettable, and the ''killings'' are mostly done to characters that contribute barely anything so no one important is at any risk.

In due respect, the animation is beautiful and the side characters are interesting. But why is it so popular and present? Especially on the teenage girl/emo cunt side of Tumblr?
>>
>>155237512
Same reason why naruto, one piece, dbz etc .
It appeals to wide audiences via normie themes.
This one has the violence factor.

I dropped it around episode 11-12, it seemed to have stalled and the little interest I had was lost.

tl;dr Kyojin sucks ass
>>
>>155237512
It's shounen
The largest demographic who read/buy anime/manga are teenaged boys
>>
>>155237648
I don't wanna be that guy, but it actually gets a bit better in the second half.
>>
>>155237512
i think "love" is an exaggeration. It was a fad in 2013 and 2014, but the mainstream hype is mostly gone.
It's gonna end up with having 500 thousand less views on MAL than season 1
>>
>>155237648
desu I kinda like it.
>>155237722
A lot of fans I encountered are teenage girls though. Why the hell do they like it?
>>
>>155237807
Yeah so I've heard from a few friends.
I think I'll give it another shot cause S2 and this season there is nothing I'm looking forward to.
At least I'll have something to watch then.
>>
>>155237512
Because it has some really cool action sequences and a generic doomsday scenario. That's generally enough to get the public interested in something. It doesn't matter if the plot moves at a snail's pace as long as something cool happens occasionally. see: The walking dead, which I'd argue even manages to somehow be worse than SnK after the first season.

I don't think it's particularly good but to deny its mainstream appeal is just being ignorant.
>>
Is this the one that turns into a fucking time travel story in the second half of the manga or something?
>>
Simple, it had the right timing, a bit of luck and the special spice that ruins /a/'s day everytime it happens, overhyped to the fucking brim
>>
>>155237648
Yeah, it's the old grimderp
>muh deep issues
>muh people die
thing.
>>
>>155237512

Same can be said with anything really. Why is Death Note or Evangelion loved so much? When you look deeper into these two at least you see the giant flaws they have, yet that goes unnoticed by a majority. You need to keep in mind that most people who watch anime are teenagers. They don't typically care if a show is actually well made, it only requires to be cool to be good.
>>
>>155237512
The show's flawed for sure. Eren's a super whiny and a very generic "I fight for justice" protagonist.
But I can't say the music is bad. The music is fantastic when it needs to be. The moment Mikasa was saved by Eren during the city massacre was glorious relief during a period of constant death. It was emotional laxative.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.