[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This show repeats one same joke and it quickly becomes boring,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5

File: Sayonara_Zetsubou_Sensei.jpg (233KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Sayonara_Zetsubou_Sensei.jpg
233KB, 1600x1200px
This show repeats one same joke and it quickly becomes boring, why is shaft so bad at comedy?
>>
>>155229310
What does shaft has to do with the comedy in this show?
They didn't write it, they just made the manga panels move and talk.
>>
>>155229373
Then they choose bad stuff to adapt.
>>
>>155229415
It's not their decision to adapt something.
The company in charge of them just gives them a project to do.

It's work anon, you don't go to your office and tell the boss which excel sheets you want to fill in today.
>>
>>155229310
>This show repeats one same joke
The MC being in despair isn't the joke, and that's the only thing that gets repeated.
>>
>>155229415
Pretty sure the publisher, in this case Aniplex, does that.
They're an animation company.
>>
>>155229415
That's not their choice.
>>
>>155229495
Aniplex, sadly, isn't the SZS publisher, or we'd have the official (from the Aniplex side) SZS OP parody with Hidamari characters that King Records and Kodansha (the actual publishers) threatened to sue over after it was shown at a Hidamari event.
>>
>>155229373
>>155229474
>>155229495
>>155229559
>>155229593
I see, then can someone explain me this? ''Shaft, Inc. (株式会社シャフト Kabushikigaisha Shafuto?) is a Japanese animation studio founded on September 1, 1975 by Hiroshi Wakao. In 2005 they began working exclusively with the director Akiyuki Shinbo, who is best known for his unique use of gags, references, and avant garde cinematography notably in Pani Poni Dash!, Maria Holic, Sayonara Zetsubō Sensei, Hidamari Sketch, Puella Magi Madoka Magica, and Bakemonogatari.''
>>
>>155229748
I don't see any info about them being under aniplex
>>
>>155229748
It means he has a way of portraying things.
Gags in this case means, if you want literal example, a character not just saying a joke like in the manga but first taking a 90 degrees head turn in contrasting colors before doing it.
That's one of Shinbo's gags.
>>
>>155229803
Okay thanks for the insight, still where did you get the info about Aniplex i can't find it.
>>
>>155229748
Do you play video games?
Shaft are a subcontractor making things. They're like, say, From - sometimes they make things like Bloodborne for Sony, sometimes they make things like Dark Souls for Bandai, sometimes they make things like Monster Hunter Diary for Capcom.

When a company decides they want an anime made out of a manga or a light novel, they'll go looking for a company like Shaft and pay them to do it, rather than keeping an entire animation staff onhand, because most companies don't want to commit to funding the exact same amount of series every season.

The most successful studios sometimes save enough money to make things partially for themselves. Shaft is getting there, and has partial ownership of Madoka.

The joke about Aniplex is that Aniplex have hired Shaft a lot recently for some very popular shows, but Aniplex still hires other studios (in fact, they're a rare case of having A-1 Pictures internally and being committed to at least keeping them busy) and Shaft still works for other companies too (Koufuku Graffiti was for Kadokawa and Houbunsha.)
>>
>>155229310
It repeats the catchphrase over and over, the jokes are different though. You could argue that it's not funny, but not that it lacks variety.

I get that you just wanted to take a potshot at Shaft but the example you chose doesn't even work.
>>
>>155229930
https://myanimelist.net/anime/producer/44/Shaft
click a show
ctrl+f aniplex
>>
>>155229930
Aniplex is the produced, licensor and publisher of Monogatari series, madoka, mekakucity etc. name any big show Shaft made in past 10 years
>>
>>155229480
Most of the jokes related to the character repeat a lot. JIIII's introduction and normal are the most obvious examples.
>>
>>155229310
I'm pretty sure that it wasn't suppose to be funny.
>>
>>155229480
OP probably watched a youtube poop of the series or something. Character's catchphrases get repeated a lot, the jokes that make up each episode are varied to the point where people say that the series is too randumb.
>>
fuck kumeta and fuck japanese people
>>
>>155230156
That's pretty interesting i didn't know it was that complex.

>>155230209
>>155230436
It's just how i feel about their shows, they barely make me laugh.
>>
File: its time!.png (69KB, 1350x788px) Image search: [Google]
its time!.png
69KB, 1350x788px
>this thread
>>
>>155229310
SZS is objectively one of the greatest series ever created.
>>
>>155230600
>It's just how i feel about their shows, they barely make me laugh.
I wasn't talking about how you feel about the show, if you said that you just didn't find it funny I wouldn't have said anything. You said that all the show consists of is repeating one same joke over and over, all I was saying was that this is false.
>>
Get the fuck out of my /a/ you fucking newfag
>>
>>155230724
> You said that all the show consists of is repeating one same joke over and over

I didn't say all just Saynora.
>>
>>155230600
It gets even more complex. After Shaft takes the contract to make 12 episodes, helps find a director and writer and character designer and music composer and all that, they'll then contract out individual episodes or half-episodes or even scenes to even smaller companies which might supply associated episode or animation directors.

And when Shaft themselves have downtime in their schedule, whether it's because they worked fast, because they didn't get enough primary contracts, or because "their" animators (who are themselves independent contractors who may work for more than one company) want more work, they'll also take on small jobs like that; for example, Shaft has worked on individual scenes in every Gundam series in the past decade.
>>
>>155230873
Also, way back in the day they did some work on Saturday morning /co/, including the '80s Dennis the Menace series.
>>
>>155230277
But they don't actually own them like some anons seem to think. A-1 on the other hand...
>>
File: 1489871438326.png (588KB, 843x717px) Image search: [Google]
1489871438326.png
588KB, 843x717px
>>155229310
I'm sorry you are you
>>
>>155230782
The complaint doesn't apply to Sayonara though.
>>
>>155230782
Are you esl by any chance?
>>
>>155229310
>repeats one same joke and it quickly becomes boring
Japanese comedy in a nutshell.
>>
I really hope this is bait.
>>
>>155230782
The people replying to you are only talking about SZS too. You chose a series that features all sorts of jokes in all sorts of different styles to accuse of just consisting of one joke repeated ad nauseam.
>>
>>155231625
/a/
Experts on anime, manga, Japanese live-action (it's all shit also there's a guy named Kurosawa), LNs (edited machine translations, its all shit except for the two I read), VNs (edited machine translations), Japanese comedy (EOP). Is there anything else I should add to the list?
>>
>>155231685
>I thought SZS wasn't funny
>woooow Shaft is so bad at comedy, also how the fuck do animation studios even work lol
What do you think, anon?
>>
>>155231836
you forgot that /a/ is also experts when it comes to the state of the industry
>>
>>155231532
Are you EOP by any chance?
>>
File: 1328573707626.gif (262KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1328573707626.gif
262KB, 200x200px
This thread itself almost had the rhetoric of an SZS sketch.
>>
>>155231916
Economics in general. All anime studios should fire their accountants and hire anons.
>>
I miss old Shaft. Why did it all go wrong after Bakeshit?
>>
>talks about how he wants to kill himself
>never does
Attention whore
>>
>>155229310
i hated the comedy here
>>
>>155229415
it was perfect
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.