[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Kazuma mentions multiple times that he's not attracted

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 464
Thread images: 75

File: 1484863082554.png (600KB, 1024x1350px) Image search: [Google]
1484863082554.png
600KB, 1024x1350px
>Kazuma mentions multiple times that he's not attracted to Megumin, he just gets caught up in her mood when she flirts with him since he's weak to it
>He's worried that he'll be the kinda guy to think he's in love with a girl just because she has feelings for him, doesn't want that
>Megumin gives him a heartfelt confession
>He instantly drops his spaghetti and confesses back
>Can't think of a single reason why he loves her (he had far more to say about Eris even)
>Clearly just did exactly what he was trying not to do
>Zero romantic development from Kazuma's side the whole series, no reason to belive he has any legitimate romantic feelings for Megumin
>She's practically the opposite of his type
>People think they'll end up together

It's pretty clearly being set up as a learning experience for Megumin, having to get over her love after Kazuma (inevitably fucks it up). He's just gotten swept up in her mood, he doesn't feel for her the way she wants him to and sooner or later she'll realise all she has is one sided affection.
>>
>>154829372
why are you acting like konosuba is some serious love drama
>>
>>154829372
shipfags are the worst
>>
File: 1479343924882.jpg (251KB, 720x900px) Image search: [Google]
1479343924882.jpg
251KB, 720x900px
>>154829416
>>154829502

That's actually my thoughts too, the romantic sections are the absolute weakest because they do nothing but tease development that's not really ever shown.

Just give Kazuma to Iris or Chris and call it a day, the back and forth between Darkness and Megumin has long since run dry.
>>
>>154829502
Yes.
>>
>>154830395

He was legitimately decent when in bed with her. For all his terrible reputation and his big talk, he went out of his way to make absolutely certain he wasn't pushing her further than she really wanted.

Was good I think, since he's been accused of having cold feet and for always messing up those kinda situations, but this time he knew exactly what he was doing and took an honest route. Was unexpectedly respectable of him
>>
File: childhoodmemories.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
childhoodmemories.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
The dynamic is Kazuma is the father, Aqua is the mother, and Megumin is their daughter.
>>
>>154831649

How does Darkness fit into that? Is she the dog?
>>
I'd probably react the same way to any girl liking me.
>>
Kazuma shows interest in her, even if she doesn't have his body type or doesn't have the personality he wishes she had; it's just that he has no love experience and doesn't know how to make his move.
During explosion vol 4 she said to Yunyun and Iris that she was playing an adult tactic on him that was pretty retarded just to show off.
What can he do if one day she tells Kazuma how much she likes him and the next she acts cold like nothing happened?
I wish Kazuma would man up and tell her to fuck off so she stops messing around.
>>
>>154832086

It's understandable, lots of people would and Kazuma's quite savvy for recognising it really.
>>
>>154831847

She's the creepy uncle that no one really likes.
>>
>>154831847
Aqua's Sister, or the cool aunt
>>
File: muvluv2.jpg (874KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
muvluv2.jpg
874KB, 1600x1200px
>>154829372

He's in denial. He is the closest to Megumin of all the girls and is using her looks as an excuse to not go all the way with her. She is the only girl who is neither "friendzoned" or "ideal zoned".

Darkness, Iris, and Eris are all framed as Kazuma's ideals. Darkness is the ideal fuck, Iris the ideal sister, and Eris the ideal heroine. They are ideals and not practical wives/girlfriends. His relationships with those girls is so less open than when he's with Megumin, even though he would fuck Darkness or marry Eris if given the chance.

Muv-Luv comes to mind here. You already have a cute girl who you have a great relationship with, but your ideal girl comes into the picture. It's hard for your brain to make a decision even if you heart already has.
>>
>Kazuma would man up
The charm of this series in my mind is that the characters are lovably flawed. The 'romance' in the series is mostly Kazuma interacting with his group professing sexual interest but failing to deliver because in reality he's a goof and a coward who doesn't want a serious relationship at all.
This is why the only characters he cares about are Eris and the succubut, completely unobtainable. He doesn't take Aqua seriously as a woman and Lalatina is way too easy. This leaves Megu as the character you would think would 'win', however the series has made it clear what kind of character Kazuma is. There will be no resolution, the romance is only there to support the character interaction and show off the appeal of the girls while making fun of kazuma at the same time.
This is why the WN ended the way it did.
>>
>>154832549
>Muvluv

A better example is picking an imperfect 3D girl over a perfect 2D waifu. You don't have to give to the 2D waifu, but for the 3D there are compromises and a real give and take.
>>
>>154832549
Takeru didn't have romantic feelings for Sumika though so it's not the same.
>>154832713
>Kazuma
>give and take
more like take
>>
>>154829372
is this from the light novel?

Why don't people warn about spoilers
>>
Even if you gave Megumin Wolbach's proportions, Kazuma would still be very shy around her, because he's already opened himself up to her and is too afraid of hurting her or himself.

His relationship with Darkness herself is a lot more shallow and emotionally charged, which is why he's more willing to have sex with her.
>>
>>154832677
I do feel Kazuma and Aqua have an already married couple dynamic both of them are equally unserious. I do see your reasoning though. I haven't read the LN yet but it seems Iris(?) seems to mess things up quite a bit with dynamics

Aqua is best for bullying
>>
>>154832549

Except when Megumin says she's gonna play around with other guys to taunt him he doesn't even care, he pushes her on a group date just the same.
>>
File: megumin.png (637KB, 1280x680px) Image search: [Google]
megumin.png
637KB, 1280x680px
Megumin should just keep loving explosions only
>>
File: 1485961456865m.jpg (104KB, 725x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1485961456865m.jpg
104KB, 725x1024px
>>154832994

I originally thought that Aqua would be the main heroine and there would be some dynamic with her and Kazuma, but, nope. Was a surprise to realise there's nothing at all, not even a single hint of romantic attraction between them.

That said though, she does clearly want him to desire her, she gets really upset when he points out that he's got no interest in her. But, I think her personality puts him off, just way too much.

It's interesting though, because of all the main cast, Aqua is the only one we've never gone into, we've only seen a tiny fragment of the story from her perspective. So we don't know how she truly feels.

All /a/'s talk about her being a slut is deconfirmed though, since she does point out that she's chaste/has her chastity
>>
>>154833146

Too late, she's head over heels for him

“I love this uncomposed side of you, Kazuma. You have a lot of self-awareness, and when we meet some powerful enemies you won’t try to be manly or anything and protect us girls. Instead, you willingly use Darkness as a shield. Also, you don’t have the guts to do anything cruel, but you aren’t needlessly righteous about what you do either. You’ll do bad things when no one is looking, and you’ll do good things when you feel like it. You are a paradoxical, uncomposed normal person.”

“If you’re in debt then you’ll work hard, if you’re wealthy then you’ll stop working. If you’re in a good mood you’ll be gentle, if you’re in a bad mood then you’ll be vicious. You seem to think about your companions, but at the same time you’ll won’t hesitate to give your party members the short straw. Even though you seem really smart and flexible, sometimes you’ll do some unimaginably dumb things…”
>>
>>154833217
>Aqua is the only one we've never gone into
They're almost certainly saving her development for last, just like in the WN
That's how it generally works with the main girl, they get the most focus at the beginning and end of the story
>>
>>154833296

“Finally, I love you, who always complains about every little thing, but chooses to help everyone in the end. Even though you aren’t straightforward with us, I understand that you are truly kind at heart. When it should be time for you to make a move, you decide not to – just like you are now. You can’t act cool, and you drop the ball at crucial moments, but that is the you that I love.”

But, unfortunately, all she gets in return is

Megumin already said that she likes me, then I should say something back to her.

“M-Megumin. Uhm, you said you love me right? Well…Uhm…I think I also love you too!”

And done!

“…Really? What do you like about me?”

“…Um, well, like…explosion magic and such…?”

“If you really have nothing to say, do you think that throwing some explosion magic gibberish would make this better?”
>>
>>154833217
>That said though, she does clearly want him to desire her, she gets really upset when he points out that he's got no interest in her.

I don't have memory of this, can someone refresh it to me?
>>
>>154833446

There's a few times, she starts crying and attacks him after Darkness returns from the wedding when she talks about how she was in danger in the stables and he plainly rebuts that would never happen.

Then again later when he's got no interst in bathing with her.
>>
>>154829722
Kazuma belongs to Wiz.
>>
>>154832677
But Megumin will suffer the pain of a heartbrzak. After all, if Kazuma doesn't chooze any girl Iris wins by default. Because the one who defeats the Demon King will be authirisd to larry the princess.
>>
>>154833514
Oh, you are right. It's just that I kinda fast-read that volume because Darkness is kinda boring to me.
Although, the part where darkness' father was close to death laying in the bed was a quite touching moment.
>>
>>154833296
>>154833362
Kazuma got an int debuff there
>>
>>154834111

Yeah, he was much smoother with Eris

What kind of person did you think I am?”

She stared at me with the flower close to her nose.

“You are of course… a person who silently and continuously worked hard alone, the only person I respect.”

“… I-Is it? Like this huh. Never mind. Yes. This is fine.”

“Oh. Embarrassed? Are you embarrassed, Big Boss?”

“You are long-winded and annoying, Assistant-kun. Shut up.”

“Even with your back turned towards me, I know. You are blushing so hard that even your ears are red. Eris-sama is really cute. Marry me?”
>>
File: 1489741952649.jpg (467KB, 1000x1404px) Image search: [Google]
1489741952649.jpg
467KB, 1000x1404px
isnt it kind of ironing that aqua mocks kazuma for neet but many of the mantras her people chanting stereotypically neet excuses
>>
File: 1487200042.jpg (87KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1487200042.jpg
87KB, 1280x720px
Who has the strongest de jure claim on Kazuma? Whose rightful clay is he?

He proposed to Eris-sama.
Took Iris' marriage ring.
Confessed to Megumin, received blessing from her mother.
Kidnapped Lalatina during her wedding, attempted to have sex with her and received blessing from her father.
Agreed to have kids with Yunyun.
Fapped next to Aqua.
>>
>>154834437
He definetely won't hesitate if he has a chance with Eris but he knows it's impossible.
Iris is just his "little sister" no matter how bad people think about him he is not going to cross that line.
He can't deal with Darkness' perversion.
Aqua will never be seen by him as something more than a friend.
Then you have Megumin, who has confessed to him and is not a pervert like darkness, not dumb like aqua, not impossible like Eris and of marriage age unlike Iris.

So I think there is not much where to pick. The problem is I don't think that ship will ever sail anyway no matter how much it's pushed.
>>
>>154834843
>The problem is I don't think that ship will ever sail anyway no matter how much it's pushed
I'd like to see an ending where Megumin hits him with explosion and Aqua gives up on finding the body.
>>
>>154830395
>....
>:'(
You have to be 18+ to post here.
>>
>>154829502
This, Konosuba is great for the dialog and the character interactions. Romance is not the writer's strong point, and whenever it happens, it drags down the pacing of the story.

Konosuba without romance is far superior than one with romance.
>>
>>154835153
>Romance is not the writer's strong point

I strongly agree with this, I have seen very bad love writing but konosuba is by far the worst. The author tries to make a comedy-romance but it just doesn't work.
>>
>>154834843
Eris is a combination of not being interested in romance because she is too concerned about her duties as goddess, helping people, and cleaning up Aqua's mess.

Then combine that with her adventures with Mr. Assistant and she sees Kazuma as a trusted friend and confidante BUT NOT as a romantic possibility.
>>
>>154835283
That without mentioning that we don't know how the rules in the world work, maybe goddesses aren't even allowed to engage into a relationship with mere mortals.
>>
>>154835251
I only watched the anime, seems like they must have cut out all the dumb romance/serious parts.
The reason I like this series so much is that the romance is used for the comedy in the anime, instead of the romance being another part of the story. It doesn't feel like a romance in any sense just watching the anime.
>>
>>154835449
Good point, there could be rules that forbid it, either implicitly or said outright.
>>
>>154835449
>maybe goddesses aren't even allowed to engage into a relationship with mere mortals
Would that mean Kazuma got the K1 treatment when he entered a contract with Aqua?
>>
>>154834437
Megumin has named and claimed his "sword."
>>
File: 1487998478393.png (638KB, 1600x1134px) Image search: [Google]
1487998478393.png
638KB, 1600x1134px
>>154835729
>I only watched the anime, seems like they must have cut out all the dumb romance/serious parts.

Not really, the romance starts in the next volume in an hypotethical season 3 when Megumin holds Kazuma's hand for the first time

But if you come to think about it, it already started when Kazuma died with the lizzards and came back, Megumin was all in tears.
>>
>>154831649
>childhoodmemories.png

Do you need someone to talk to anon?
>>
>>154835818
Except his libido is clearly active, and Aqua clearly doesn't give a crap if he develops a romantic relationship with the other two girls.

Eris on the other story, heh. She would probably kill him first before it happens.
>>
>>154836301
Wasn't K1's libido active for other girls?
I thought it was just Belldandy he couldn't feel sexual attraction towards
>>
>>154829372
>anime only fags
>>
>>154836540

>not even bothering to read before shitposting
>>
>>154834843

He specifically said that if Iris wants to marry him he will
>>
>>154835283

That's 100% speculation, she was super interested in his talk of romance with Darkness and Megumin, complained "Wait, am I the only one still a child?" And blushed like crazy when Kazuma praised her. She even admitted liking him to Megumeme.
>>
>>154837126
I remember reading that, but I think he said that as a joke.
>>
>>154834387
What chants?
>>
so no one even going to consider the harem ending?
>>
>>154834366
holy jesus I cant wait to read it when I get to this section
>>
>>154837378

Nope, he was completely serious, he was talking to himself, explaining that he thought of Iris as his sister, but if she grew up and wanted to be his bride he would of course accept.

>>154837518

One of the best volumes imo. The one after sucks which is a shame, but the next one is good.
>>
>>154837441
>he thinks a harem end is possible
>not a 'just a close adventurer party' end
>not megu marrying some other crimson demon to continue her family line
>aqua returning to her rightful place
>darkness marrying a fat old bald drunk
>kazuma going to the succubutt place every night for the rest of his life because Eris rejects him
>>
>>154837441
Kazuma brought up the idea in the WN ending, Aqua got pissed and kicked him out of the mansion
Darkness is probably the only girl that would be okay with that shit
>>
>>154837748
>>kazuma going to the succubutt place every night for the rest of his life because Eris rejects him
>no Kazuma turning into the new evil lord.
>>
So what's up with the demon king anyway?

>Aqua sends a lot of young japanese to this new world with cheat items which ends with the world being unbalanced
>They change the world culture, such as the guy that created the destroyer and the crimson demon race
>Eris has to work in secret recollecting the cheat items left behind by the dead people aqua sent in the past
>Wolbach says that the demon king is actually a good person and most of the demon king bosses are actually decent people overall
>Demons are reasonable, they fill their contracts and work hard while nobles and royalty are corrupt, spoiled and abuse their authority

Who else wants the demon king to win here?
>>
>>154837995

The current demon king is a former Aqua hero. And is by most accounts a fairly chill dude. Axis cult just slanders the fuck out of him.
>>
>>154837995
Forgot to add, the axis cult is the one spreading false rumors about the demon king
>>
>>154837867

>implying Kazuma isn't already the evil lord

He only just pretends to go to the succubus place every night. In reality he works to build his evil empire. An adventurer by day and evil overlord by night. One day after defeating all of his own demon lords, his party will advance to the heart of his own demon king castle where he will confront himself. Kazuma will then reveal himself and his plan - "You thought I was the demon lord? Haha, it was Moi all along!"
>>
>>154829372
I like how the guy who drew that picture had to specify that it was milk.
>>
>>154838055
It should be better if someone just killed Aqua in her sleep and be done with it.
>>
>>154829372
You'll get shit on by Megumeme waifufags, but I agree with you OP.

And if the author really does intend on making this romance serious she's doing a pretty horrible job of it considering the romance subplots are actually the worst parts of the LN. Shame on her.
>>
Isn't the ending of konosuba wn he chooses to be Eris assistant or something then go back to Aussie world and adventure with his harem?
>>
File: 315824 miliseconds in MSPaint .png (714KB, 1024x1350px) Image search: [Google]
315824 miliseconds in MSPaint .png
714KB, 1024x1350px
>>154838093
>>
>>154835887
excalibur and chunchunmaru
>>
>>154838085
That would be stupid and hilarious at the same time.
>>
V10

>Darkness comes to Kazuma's room at night and openly admits she wanted to let him play around with her as reward for all he'd done
>He gets mad and calls her a pervert

Yeah... She seemed to have a chance when he rescued her, but definitely seems like he's got no interst anymore.
>>
>>154839565

“T-, That is… No, this incident could only be resolved thanks to your help, so… I thought that this time, instead of thanking you with something childish like a kiss on the cheek, I would give you something more earnest…”

“Ero-! You are just Ero-ness after all! During this kind of emergency, you came to creep into my bed!? Just how much of a depraved lecher are you!?”

“Y-Y-Y-, You’re mis-! I didn’t plan on going that far! I was just planning on something a bit more soft-…! Also, by the results, I saved you, didn’t I? So isn’t that fine!?”
>>
>>154829372
I think that the reason kazuma always drops spaghetti, is because the trauma of his childhood (his childhood friend left him for other guy even when they promised get married), that is why he unconsciously ruin the moment where the status quo is going to break.
>>
>>154834843
>Iris is just his "little sister" no matter how bad people think about him he is not going to cross that line.

Read again the lns

>I might be a NEET, but I’m not a lolicon.

>I only see Iris as a cute little sister.

>Though, in the future when she grows up; if she tells me that she wants to be onii-chan’s bride, then I won’t hesitate to fulfill her wish.
>>
>>154834387
but she is a goddess, she cant be a NEET, she is a pure being, she will never be something as lowly as a NEET, no sir!
>>
>>154840333
>Childhood friend dies
>comes to fantasy australia
>they meet when taking the same quest.
>Desesperate to get a good team since, tries to woo her way into Kazuma.
>>
File: 1456170431661.png (4MB, 2000x2856px) Image search: [Google]
1456170431661.png
4MB, 2000x2856px
>>154829372
Agreed, Kazuma can fuck off for being gay.

Me and Megumin have true chemistry
>>
>>154829372
Those tits look gross.
>>
>>154837214
>She even admitted liking him to Megumeme.

When?
>>
File: 1457554751001.gif (16KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
1457554751001.gif
16KB, 750x750px
What? Megumin confessed to Kazuma?

Why do I get the feeling this whole thread is a bait?
>>
File: 1489722366065.jpg (34KB, 551x451px) Image search: [Google]
1489722366065.jpg
34KB, 551x451px
>>154845608
Read LN Vol5

Was cringeworthy as fuck. The author literally tried to force that ship but the result was pretty bad. The whole chapter is fun if you remove that part.
>>
>>154845697
But Kazuma rejected her, right? So saying stuff like
>The author literally tried to force that ship but the result was pretty bad.
is pretty pointless. If he really wanted to go that way, he would just do it.
>>
>>154832549
>He is the closest to Megumin of all the girls

Meguminfags actually believe this.
>>
>>154837995
>Wiz is a neutral party, and just wants to run her shop in peace
>Beldia only snapped after being harassed day after day by explosion magic
>Vanir feeds off negative emotions, but never actually harms humans and just wants to run a dungeon
>Hans only snapped after having to deal with crazy axis cultists every day, and destroying the cult's main source of income arguably would have made the world a better place as a whole
>Sylvia was just doing her job as a general, and only snapped after having to deal with crazy crimson mages
>Wolbach was just doing her job as a general, and sealed away her violent other half. She only tried to get it back to prevent herself from fading away
>>
>>154834843
Kazuma's biggest desire back on Earth when he was still alive was telling his parents he wanted a not blood related imouto.

I guess you can kinda tell what kind of eroge Kazuma bought.
>>
>>154845864

That wasn't his biggest desire, that was the thing he said immediately before the first time his parents beat him up.
>>
Bakuen books are absurdly boring

Kazuma doesn't deserve such uninteresting trash character as Megumeme
>>
>>154837995
>>154838055
>>154838105
>>154838072
>>154845791
The only foreshadowing we got about the current Demon King is that he was a former hero and that his personality was that of a loner who soloed everything including the previous Demon King.

The story kinda implied that he did something like a speed run and that being called a loner for the first time made him stop short of killing the previous Demon King before coming back the next day and say he was fine with being a loner and not having any party members and then proceeds to kill everybody and the story ends there.

So I guess the current Demon King is a Kirito kind of character except the Loner Version.
>>
>>154845697
>>154845738
Yeah, I don't think Kazuma takes Megumin seriously.

In the recent volume, he gave everybody pretty good gifts except Megumin like she was just an afterthought.

He gave Aqua the best gift, some random stone because he remembered Aqua likes collecting random shit.
>>
>>154845973
that's technically an offering, not a gift
>>
>>154837995
>such as the guy that created the destroyer and the crimson demon race
Please explain.
>>
>>154845608
>>154845738
Vol5 was when they started getting closer, and Vol9 was the confession. Everything in-between was Megumin cockteasing/flirting with Kazuma and him thinking too much. Kazuma spaghetti'd but accepted Megumin's confession, though you could chalk that up to him getting swept along in the mood too easily. Almost immediately after that he visits the succubus store, and then he goes back to fawning over his little sister.
>>
>>154846118
read the books
>>
>>154845697
>Megumin has been very Megumin in this volume, but I’ve decided that she should feel the stench of this love quite soon.
>I didn’t really intend to do so forcefully, but there is a limit to my skills as an innocent and inexperienced writer.
If it's any consolation, even the author thinks she overdid it a bit.
>>
>>154845738
>But Kazuma rejected her, right?
No, Kazuma acted like the 99% of the MCs and was the good and kind guy and keep his feeling by himself. He was not / ourguy / this time
>is pretty pointless. If he really wanted to go that way, he would just do it.
No when your masterpiece will broken into another shitty isekai LN.
>>
>>154846149
she fucked up
oh well, can't win them all. That's why lalatina exists. Bitch should be grateful such a great anime came out of her despicable isekai trash.
>>
>>154846126
>Kazuma spaghetti'd but accepted Megumin's confession
What was her reaction?
>>
File: 1488632333104.jpg (615KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1488632333104.jpg
615KB, 1920x1080px
>>154846192
She is good to create a funny world and place funny sets to complement the history. But she really, really sucks in writing romance.
at this rate Kazuma will end with megumin only because pity
>>
>>154841454

I want to like Megumin, I really liked her when she was first introduced. But damn man, in her spin offs and in the LN's she comes across as an absolute Mary Sue.

She gets power up after power up, almost all the demon generals just come down to "Megumin hits it with Explosion!" and she gets her way far more than is warranted.

When she first joined the party she was a pitiable chuuni, desperate for a group that wouldn't kick her to the curb, now she's a beligerant brat half the time and a sadistic bully the rest of it.
>>
>>154845879
>That wasn't his biggest desire, that was the thing he said immediately before the first time his parents beat him up.

What? I don't remember it ever being said that his parents hit him.

From his description about skipping school, it sounds like he barely even interacted with them.
>>
File: V9 3.jpg (393KB, 2854x2046px) Image search: [Google]
V9 3.jpg
393KB, 2854x2046px
>>154846196
"M-Megumin. Uhm, you said you love me right? Well…Uhm…I think I also love you too!"
"…Really? What do you like about me?"
"…Um, well, like…explosion magic and such…?"
"If you really have nothing to say, do you think that throwing some explosion magic gibberish would make this better?"
Then she laughs it off and describes what she likes about him in detail. She doesn't take him too seriously, and thinks it's cute when Kazuma's uncomposed and acts like an idiot. It's a cute scene.

Contrast that to when Kazuma almost fucks Darkness, offhandedly mentions her abs, and she gets mad and attacks him.
>>
>>154846118

It's kind'a a dumb story, but he was a Japanese NEET sent by Aqua who took a cheat power letting him create amazing things, essentially he created the destroyer mostly be accident when trying to get out of having to create something like that. They find that out when they go through his diary, the whole thing was a mistake and he was trapped onboard it, so he died happy, that he'd finally been left in peace.

The Crimson Demon clan came earlier, when he was asked/forced to create a powerful magic race, and pretty much ended up creating a bunch of Chuuni's, everything about them is because the people volunteering for it thought it'd look cool.
>>
File: 1489867021182.jpg (210KB, 864x486px) Image search: [Google]
1489867021182.jpg
210KB, 864x486px
>>154846447
Animefags seems to like megumeme more than LNfags, now you know why.
>>
File: 1485974233808.png (637KB, 797x1070px) Image search: [Google]
1485974233808.png
637KB, 797x1070px
>>154845608

>“…Can you what? What did you say? I don’t know what you’re planning, but I’ll let you know that I’m not the same as I was during my shut-in (hiki)NEET days… Ah I remember now, I promised to myself the first time we stayed here, that if you or Darkness tried to provoke me with underhanded methods, I’ll ‘follow through’ no matter what happens.”

>I joked around to lighten the mood.

>Megumin’s eyes flared Crimson.

>“I can alright? I mean, that’s why I came here tonight.”

>She said with a giggle.

>…What was she thinking?

>The feeling of her breath on my chest was a little hot.

>Ah, what is happening all of a sudden? I can’t help but feel a little nervous now…

>I’m in big trouble, she’s not just playing around after all…

>If this goes on, my lower half will start chanting explosion magic.

>“Oi, I’m a healthy young man, so don’t say those kinds of jokes. If you say those kinds of things, men will misunderstand you know? I heard that there are some unpopular men that fall in love with a girl the moment they shake their hand, so be careful alright?”

>Doing the best sharp voice impression I could in my nervous state, I lectured Megumin, who laid beside me on the bed.

>—But then, she stretched her arms behind my back, and hugged me tightly.

>“I told you before didn’t I?”

>Even though I couldn’t see her expression, I could hear her soft voice clearly.

>“—I love you.”

And then:

>>154833296

and

>>154833362
>>
>>154846624
>If this goes on, my lower half will start chanting explosion magic.
I heard that in the VA's voice.
>>
>>154846521
>>154846624
Is Kazuma enough of a man to take his words back?
>>
File: 1488006165931.jpg (298KB, 1085x1536px) Image search: [Google]
1488006165931.jpg
298KB, 1085x1536px
>>154846606

She's MUCH better in the Anime to be fair.

I think the only time I've liked her LN counterpart more than the Anime one was the bathing scene, it was much better in the LN.

The rest of the time she's mostly cute and silly in the Anime (the mannerisms they can show off in the background help a lot too) while she's more bratty and overbearing in the LN.

>>154840333

Nah, I don't think there's anything like that. And really, his childhood friend didn't "leave him", it was a realistic outcome of a silly childhood promise. Real people don't wait their whole lives for something like that, she found a guy she liked and dated him, exactly how real people would.

He took it hard because he's a dumbass, but he's never raged against her, he knows he overthought it all. He doesn't even bring her up the second time he talks about his NEET life, where he just stayed away from school mostly 'cause he could and it was easy.

>>154845697

That was the Crimson Demon Village one right? Worst part of that for me was the bit with Megumin's walking cliche of a sister.

They give Kazuma all this shit about being low level, and then do a massive setup, finally, finally giving someone except Megumin a chance to kill one of the Generals... And you're sitting there the whole time going "Won't happen. He'll get cockblocked."

And yup. The literal worst character in the entire series just walks up and steals the kill, hur hurr hurrrrr. For a series that's famous for subverting tropes, that part was bad enough for me to just put the damn thing down.
>>
>>154846624
Ex PLOOOOOOOSION
>>
>>154846447
I get what you mean about her spinoffs, but for the regular LNs I disagree. She helped with crowd-control in Beldia fight, but in the end he was done in by Aqua. Vanir had the choice between getting killed by purification or explosion, and chose the latter. Everyone relied on her for the Hans and Sylvia fights, but they were also a big team effort that she couldn't have beaten alone. The Wolbach battle is the only boss fight where she really got the main spotlight. The worst offender as a Mary Sue is by far Iris when she 1-shots everything before the party even gets a chance to act.
>>
>>154845773

It's kinda' true though.

>Aqua is clearly a buddy relationship. He's refuted again and again even being sexually attracted to her.

>Darkness, he doesn't really seem close to at all anytime after rescuing her. He pushes her out of the way, just mocks her, has done nothing to advance their feelings together and anytime she does anything romantic he compares it to Megumin. Recently she came to his room for legitimate Ero and he yelled at her for being a pervert (The timing was bad as it turned out, but she had no way of knowing that).

>>154845791

I actually don't like this, it seems like the Demon Army is gonna be, if not the good guys, then at least pretty reasonable, decent folk. Meanwhile Kazuma and co, Megumin especially, are killing them without remorse.

Far as we can tell, the only reason the war even exists is because of Aqua and her people. Hopefully there'll be some actual reasons why Demons are bad...

>>154845973

Well, he always gets stuttery and shy anytime they're alone together recently, and he was super careful about her feelings when they were in bed together.

The only thing that held him back was that she appeared to be a mess from what'd happened earlier and he wasn't sure if it was what she really wanted. He was pretty willing to go for it otherwise. Hell, he's worked up the courage to confess to her twice now, and actually succeeded both times (she only heard him once, but that's fine).

That said, the next day he was confused why she'd be mad about him wanting to go to the Succubus shop...

Still, my biggest complaint was his resolve that "I'll wait for her to approach me again, rather than push the issue, that way if she doesn't want it, it's okay." That's just plot convenience for the author. He should talk to her privately in Axel and actually air their feelings.
>>
I always found these 3 to have a weird dynamic.
>in terms of height and breast size Darkness>Aqua>Megumin
>in terms of age Aqua>Darkness>Megumin
>in terms of voice squeakiness Darkness>Megumin>Aqua

>Aqua is the oldest yet she has the squeakiest voice
Aqua sounds younger than Megumin.
>>
File: 1488004386999.jpg (795KB, 2224x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1488004386999.jpg
795KB, 2224x1600px
>>154846165

Eh, I thought it was done fairly well. It was bullshit they didn't at least kiss, but the way the situation developed it was, if they take it even one step further, they'll end up having sex and he wasn't sure she was actually ready for that.

Kazuma's a bit of a jerk and he does some terrible (funny) stuff (like lock Darkness in the toilet and jerk off in her bed with her panties) but he's a good guy deep down, I can understand why he didn't take it any further. It was still better than most MC's who have zero reasoning behind rejecting intimacy.

>>154846192

Her schtick runs dry for me personally, she hasn't really done much of interest since the wedding chapter and all the awesome reveals there. They toyed around with the idea of her getting over her stupid fetishes and making them specific just to being toyed around with Kazuma, but she hasn't delivered, she's still as useless as ever (see: being happy to be handcuffed and asking to be raped when she knows Kazuma's in trouble).

>>154846890
>Everyone relied on her for the Hans and Sylvia fights, but they were also a big team effort that she couldn't have beaten alone.

No, they had a perfectly workable plan that would have been fine for the Hans fight, but she refused to go through with it (putting everyone in danger) because it wouldn't let her get all the Experience.

Same shit with her throwing away all Kazuma's dynamite. He goes to great pains to talk about how hard they are to make and how expensive they are, but nope, she gets rid of them without a second thought.

>The worst offender as a Mary Sue is by far Iris when she 1-shots everything before the party even gets a chance to act.

But Iris isn't a main character, she's not there for any of the important fights, her being strong in combat doesn't change anything about her character and doesn't raise her up in the story, it's just used as a recurring joke about the rules of this world through exactly one volume.
>>
>>154846899
Eris shares the same prejudices Aqua has against demons though, meaning all her followers do too. It's not something Aqua's exclusively to blame for.
>>
>>154846624
The author is going the WN route with a timeskip and Kazuma leaving her behind with a bunch of mana stones right?
>>
>>154847011

>she hasn't really done much of interest

Altruistic while ironically being the most moe out of all the 3 girls despite being a musclegirl is interesting
>>
>>154847159

I'm pretty sure the WN only ended because the LN started. I wouldn't bet on their being much overlap in how they wrap up.
>>
File: poo on uuuu.webm (439KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
poo on uuuu.webm
439KB, 640x360px
>post yfw there is no season 3
>>
>>154847196

Right but they went over that in the first few volumes. At first it was cute and interesting, then as we found out more about her it was enjoyable and the big reveals in the wedding chapter were moving as fuck...

...But she's barely been involved in the story since then.

1. Did nothing during the festival except give Kazuma kiss on a cheek, that made him more mad than anything else.

2. Did nothing at all during their fight against Wolboch

3. Did practically nothing in the Iris chapter except fail to seduce him and admit she was planning on playing around with him when he was drugged up.
>>
>>154847324

>did nothing

When will you realize that powerlevel/contribution arguments hold zero value in a joke Isekai like Konosuba? All of them except Kazuma are basically useless without each other and of course, Kazuma.
>>
>>154847011
They could have beaten Hans without explosion, but if they followed through with the original plan Megumin was still necessary for her mana. What she did with the dynamite isn't really that different from when Aqua refused to teach Kazuma healing magic, they were both just afraid of being rendered useless and irrelevant. Needlessly complicating the fight and being an ass to Kazuma aren't actions that make her look good, or make her look like a sue.
>>
>>154847397

Except she barely even contributes to the plot or the story outside of coming into the scene and either being bullied or drooling a lot.

You could cut her out of all three of those volumes and nothing would change. She's just one joke repeated.
>>
>>154847606

>She's just one joke repeated

Yeah, like Megumin. Like Aqua. And your point is?
>>
File: tmp_24690-2pr9ump-1268307727.png (941KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_24690-2pr9ump-1268307727.png
941KB, 1366x768px
>>154847255
>>
>>154847606
If you took out everything not relevant to the "main plot" the series would be boring. The different characters and their interactions with each other are most of the fun.
>>
>>154847011
It wasn't Megumin's fault she had drain touch trauma after their fight with the lizard runners.
>>
File: 1488465974027.png (403KB, 794x598px) Image search: [Google]
1488465974027.png
403KB, 794x598px
>>154832748
Anon, I...
>>
>>154846763

The author did make Megumin look bad on purpose. She's not bad at romance, no one this good at writing dialogues and character interaction could be bad.

She's just telling everyone in a roundabout way that the Meguboat is destined to go nowhere. That's all there is. They'll break up Soon™ once you see jop spoilerfags posting "MEGUMEME BTFO" on /a/
>>
>>154846624
JUST
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (37KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
37KB, 1280x720px
>>154829372
>It's pretty clearly being set up as a learning experience for Megumin, having to get over her love after Kazuma (inevitably fucks it up).

I think its more a learning experience for Kazuma as well. This is the usual the first romance the MC has is actually a red herring. Pic related is a classic example.

Obviously first girl (another tired trope) and best girl Aqua is going to win. Kazuma has displayed zero romantic / sexual interest in her so far and vice version and there will be none until the very end during an awakening of sorts. The foundations are there though between the two with their bro-tier / married couple-ish relationship. Its as clear as day. Finally there is the usual "title of the series reveals the plot". This is called "KonoSuba: God’s Blessing on this Wonderful World!". Now tell me who is the God? Aqua. Japs just aren't into spoilers. Quite literally the opposite really. 180 degrees.
>>
>>154849302

>Now tell me who is the God?

Eris. Checkmate Axis-theists.
>>
>>154849447
First God.
>>
>>154829722

I don't remember little kids having hips this wide.
>>
>>154849602

She's an adult woman of marrigable age. That's why it's fine to give her gifts!
>>
>>154849302
>Aquafag
Opinion discarded.
>>
File: TskGFaW.jpg (40KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
TskGFaW.jpg
40KB, 960x540px
Well, if Megumin doesn't win the Kazumabowl by the end of the series, Iris wins by default . Eris is unobtainable, Darkness/Aqua don't even have a horse in the race.
>>
>>154849815
>Eris is unobtainable

People keep saying that, but there's no reason to believe it's true.

She's clearly invested in the world, even in her Chris persona. She's interested in Kazuma and she was jealous when she thought Darkness had lost her virginity before her.

She won't win because she's a huge side character, not for any other reason. She appears about as frequently as Yunyun.
>>
>>154849815

>Eris is unobtainable
>Darkness/Aqua don't even have a horse in the race.

ahahahahaha Megumemers everyone
>>
>>154840333
Yeah, I think so, too. Him being NTR'd by his childhood friend made him wary and fearful about rejection, and his HikiNEET attitude make him uneasy and nervous around females. In addidtion to that, his tsundere tendencies and his complete lack of experience in romance make him dishonest af about his feelings, constently questionning his feelings.

And people seem to forget to include this crucial passage of Megumin's confession

>My chest feels heavy, and my heart is beating nonstop.
>Is this ‘love’?
>Did I begin to like her without noticing?
>My heartbeat was not caused by my sexual urges.
>I thought and thought on, and finally arrived at a resolution.
>—No problem, I have a house, and I have money.
>I will definitely be able to live well with Megumin.
>Then, Megumin began to pull me in.
>Our heads were almost aligned, and her body became closer.
>Her lips drew close to my chin.
>Everytime she breathed, neck would become hot.
>Towards her lips, I will…!
>>
>>154849897

I only take the LN as a reference

>I caught the salt bottle Chris threw at me and felt relaxed at our conversation.
>For some reasons, once I knew she was Eris, I could easily say that I liked her and asked her to go out with me.
>Was it because she was an untouchable existence, the goddess Eris whom I admired?
>Or was it because she was my friend Chris who did stupid things with me, like forming a thieving band?
>I didn’t know what was the reason, but such subtle connection gave a soothing feeling.
>>
>>154845608
Read the LN cunt
>>
File: Kazuma.png (252KB, 563x430px) Image search: [Google]
Kazuma.png
252KB, 563x430px
>>154849905
Also, he doesn't want to engage in a serious relationship. As he said to Chris, he prefers to have a harem instead of a single love interest.

In conclusion, he's a manslut who will sexually harass every female he encounters, but won't engage in any form of serious relationship before manning up and overcoming the trauma of his first rejection.

But if he man up, 99% of his his comedic value will be lost, so either we will have an open/harem ending, or he will engage in a relationship at the very end of the novel.
>>
>>154850086
>he's a manslut who will sexually harass every female he encounters,
Why not Aqua?
>>
File: 1483678252545.png (270KB, 500x696px) Image search: [Google]
1483678252545.png
270KB, 500x696px
>>154849955

Nothing there says she's unobtainable, if anything it shows just how close and familiar their relationship is. He refers to her as "easily bullied" and talks about how much he respects her hard-working nature.

>>154849905

None of that is proof of love, it's him being excited and caught up in the moment, exactly as what happened earlier in the same book when he confessed to her while they were out blowing stuff up.

>Him being NTR'd by his childhood friend made him wary and fearful about rejection, and his HikiNEET attitude make him uneasy and nervous around females.

Absolute supposition. There's zero evidence of that anywhere in the LN's, he mentions his childhood friend once, never thinks of her in any of his romantic encounters and doesn't bring her up at all when he talks about how he kept staying home from school.

She was the reason he started staying home, but she wasn't why he continued it, he admits that to Megumin in LN9. He was comfortable, it was easy and he could get away with it. He feels awful looking back at how he lived, he never once blames his childhood friend or mentions having to overcome any trauma or anything, he takes full responsibility for it as being his own fault.

Also:

>NTR'd

Can we stop using that word? He wasn't NTR'd, they weren't in a relationship, they had a silly childhood love thing, but as you'd expect any real person to do, she grew up, forgot about it and fell for someone she liked. That's normal. He knows this.
>>
>>154850129
She's the only female he doesn't see in a sexual light, her personnality turn him off completely.
>>
>>154846923
Fuck / Marry /Kill
>>
Is there something that would destroy the possibility of this having an open/harem end? Adding dedicated romance chapters and throwing it out of the window seems pointless if that happened.
>>
>>154850226

Yeah, if Kazuma stop being a manslut hikiNEET coward. Which will never happen.
>>
File: 1487997992734.jpg (800KB, 1000x1417px) Image search: [Google]
1487997992734.jpg
800KB, 1000x1417px
>>154850129
>>154850086
>Also, he doesn't want to engage in a serious relationship.

Definitely not true, look at his instant rejection as soon as another woman showed interest in him

“…For real, what’s up with you? Despite your usual attitude, could it be that you actually long for me? Well, it’s regrettable for you, but recently I’ve had a good feeling with a certain girl. As a forthcoming and honest man, I cannot allow myself to step any further. Sorry about this, but please give up.”

Nevermind how he treats Megumin when she's in bed with him, he WANTS to be with her and he stops her from doing anything with the wrong mindset because he wants to make sure he does the right thing, because he doesn't want to hurt her.

>As he said to Chris, he prefers to have a harem instead of a single love interest.

Obviously, if he could get that he would, but he knows that's just idealism. He's read Isekai though and has talked about "Shouldn't I have a harem by now?" So he might try. He's smart enough to know it's unlikely though.

>In conclusion, he's a manslut who will sexually harass every female he encounters
>Doesn't harass Aqua
>Doesn't harass Megumin until after her birthday
>Doesn't harass Iris
>Doesn't harass Wiz
>Doesn't harass almost anyone in the Palace
>Doesn't harass Sena
>Doesn't harass Yunyun
>Doesn't harass a single person in any of his trips outside Axel
>Doesn't harass any of the guild girls or other adventurers
>Doesn't even harass the succubi

He's not anywhere near as bad as his companions seem to think, he does bad things, but only towards people he's either comfortable with or who he doesn't mind pissing off.
>>
File: 1454124406455.png (643KB, 782x1440px) Image search: [Google]
1454124406455.png
643KB, 782x1440px
>>154850226

The only way it doesn't have an open/harem ending would be if him and Megumin are able to work through the massive failure their "relationship" is gonna experience.

She loves him, his feelings for her are nebulous. If he becomes a bit more serious and develops actual feelings for her, then she could be his real girl, but that'd require Kazuma to have a lot of character development, so unlikely to happen.

What'll probably happen is more random teasing like we've got, a whole lott'a pussy footing around, and then either

1. A Megumin ending right near the end, without addressing the pitfalls of the relationship, so unsatisfying.

or

2. They get together and it's a the predictable disaster they both expect. She dumps him before they have sex, possibly with their only kiss being a goodbye kiss she offers him. (The author seems to absolutely love Megumin, so there's no way she'd let her "lose", Megumin will definitely be the one to kick Kazuma to the curb, likely with Darkness and Aqua going off and laughing about it with her).
>>
>>154850213
>>154850322

Yeah, you're probably right, so that do you think about Kazuma and Megumin's relationship ? and how will the romance evolves in your opinion?
>>
>>154850394
Dam I've never seen the top two hats before.
>>
File: 15456523355.jpg (90KB, 690x981px) Image search: [Google]
15456523355.jpg
90KB, 690x981px
>>154850322

>Nevermind how he treats Megumin when she's in bed with him, he WANTS to be with her and he stops her from doing anything with the wrong mindset because he wants to make sure he does the right thing, because he doesn't want to hurt her.

Well, he was going to kiss her until Aqua ruined the mood. And why would he confess back if he doesn't have genuine feelings of love toward her ? Wouldn't that hurt her more if she gave her first kiss and first confession to a man who doesn't reciprocate her feelings ?
>>
>>154850548
>Aqua ruined the mood
What happened?
>>
>putting Megumin on Darkness' level
Anti megumin shitposters are fucking delusional if they think they're on the same level of being a love interest.

The only possible ends are Megumin, Eris or an open end.
>>
>>154850569

>Our heads were almost aligned, and her body became closer.
>Her lips drew close to my chin.
>Everytime she breathed, neck would become hot.
>Towards her lips, I will…!

>“Megumin! Where are you Megumin!? Are you here!?”

>Goddamnit! I knew that this would happen!
>In response to Aqua’s voice in the hallway, I quickly pulled my head out of the sheets.

But they ignored her and Kazuma confesses back to Megumin. Though he would have kissed her if she didn't intervene.
>>
File: 1490099174848.jpg (24KB, 534x540px) Image search: [Google]
1490099174848.jpg
24KB, 534x540px
>>154850627
fucking damegami piece of trash
>>
>>154850548
Kazuma definitely likes Megumin, he's just not sure about the nature of his feelings (if they were born because he genuinely fell in love with her or if it was just because she confessed and his inexperience made him like her back).

She's the only character that makes him feel like that though (Eris and Iris are materializations of his otaku desires, and for Darkness he feels lust), so I'd say it's pretty serious, and even Kazuma lampshaded about how MCs usually get to the point where you want to scream "just fuck already", which is what he's doing.
>>
>>154850658
>>154850627
>>154850569

They actually subvert that trope.

Goddamnit! I knew that this would happen!
In response to Aqua’s voice in the hallway, I quickly pulled my head out of the sheets.

Outside the door were sounds of frantic running.

I felt nothing but intense anger for the people who couldn’t read the atmosphere at all, but I managed to calm down a little. I also felt a little more relaxed.

Mm, I will definitely regret this if I let myself be pressured into it.

After all, today’s Megumin was a bit strange.

If I cross the line with her, then our relationship with everyone else will be in jeopardy.

Yea, didn’t she say so herself when she was making the charm?

‘Of course. These amulets all hold my wish, that everyone will stay together forever… I’m grateful to you too, Aqua. Let’s always be together.’

Even if we cross the line, we can still be together with everyone.

But what she wanted was to forever live in harmony with everyone.

Then, this is enough isn’t it?

It was too early for me to do this kind of thing with a girl I haven’t even dated before.

“Aqua, did you see Megumin on your side?”

Hearing Darkness’ voice, I decided to get up from the bed.

However, I was stopped by Megumin who tightly pulled on my hand.

…Eh.

Even though everyone was waiting for her outside, she still wanted to continue?

“M-, Megumin, Aqua and Darkness are…A-Are you alright with this?”

I had my doubts, but I laid back down on the bed.

Even though I had asked her that, she continued to hug me without another word.

“Um, I think Megumin wants to be alone for now. I want to as well… Something happened between her and Wolbach a long time ago after all…”

Yunyun’s voice permeated through the door.

And then they continue on, that's where he confesses to her and she talks about all the ways she loves him.
>>
>>154833217
I've just realized even in the OVA he does not try to get anything sexual done by her
>>
File: 1487989771800.jpg (1MB, 6071x4299px) Image search: [Google]
1487989771800.jpg
1MB, 6071x4299px
>>154850548
>>154850548
>And why would he confess back if he doesn't have genuine feelings of love toward her ?

Because he gets caught up in the mood. See:

That night after saving Darkness, I was shivering beneath my blanket, worrying over if I would be executed for that exaggerated event. However, when I thought about it now, I was practically the hero back then.

… Besides, we were living in the same house for quite long now.

It wouldn’t be surprising if someone developed affections towards me. Or rather, it was strange that I still did not have a harem after living among the girls for so long.

Say it. Say it, Satou Kazuma. The success rate is high. Don’t be afraid!

There wouldn’t be rejection or being kept at a distance! … Probably not…!

Re-Really not?

Okay, I was ready. No problem. Be courageous!

From today on, I would be a normie!!

“About that… Megumin, I’m very happy about your feelings. Actually, I’m also…”

“Explosion—!!”

-------

“What happened to you? What are you being annoyed about?”

Since I started carrying her on my back, Megumin was grumbling non-stop like a dense protagonist.

I didn’t actually think much of Megumin, so even if I was interrupted, it was fine.

Right. Her looks were not bad, but she was a weirdo who only knew explosions and more explosions.

I was nearly taken along by the mood, but I wouldn’t be tricked so easily.

He says it a few times that he's worried he'll just fall in love with any girl who falls for him, and that they won't be real feelings. Which is exactly what he does.
>>
File: 1488714211653.jpg (44KB, 949x896px) Image search: [Google]
1488714211653.jpg
44KB, 949x896px
>>154850583

Can't wait to post MEGUMEME BTFO once this """relationship""" farce ends since she's showing all the signs of getting wrecked. All Megumin has is initiative, nothing else.
>>
File: 1486781653245.jpg (140KB, 867x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1486781653245.jpg
140KB, 867x1200px
>>154850583
>Anti megumin shitposters are fucking delusional if they think they're on the same level of being a love interest.

Oh?

What do you say to this then?

“What do you mean by our differences in status? I swear that, even if I have to throw away my status, I will love you alone, Darkness. That’s why please, with me…!

“Throw away your status? What are you saying? You’re just a commoner.”

A sincere confession and he even an offer to throw away his status to be with her.
>>
File: Bros.jpg (532KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Bros.jpg
532KB, 1280x720px
>>154850627
>>154850658
She never actively tries to cockblock him though.
In fact when they travel to Chuuniland they camp out in the woods and Kazuma and Megumin are on first watch.
Megumin asks him what he used to do in his old country and he says something like

>Well, I was actually a vigilant warrior. I would protect my family and friends all hours of the day. They called me the one that never sleeps
>Wow, you were actually someone pretty amazing, Kazuma
>Aqua: Neh, Kazuma.. Can I ask you something about Online Gaming?
>Kazuma: Please don't Aqua-sama.
>Okay. Goodnight, Kazuma
>Goodnight Aqua.
>>
>>154850887
>>154850898
>>154850908

Is that pic implying Aqua will win?
>>
>>154850908
>>Well, I was actually a vigilant warrior. I would protect my family and friends all hours of the day. They called me the one that never sleeps
>>Wow, you were actually someone pretty amazing, Kazuma
>>Aqua: Neh, Kazuma.. Can I ask you something about Online Gaming?
>>Kazuma: Please don't Aqua-sama.
>>Okay. Goodnight, Kazuma
>>Goodnight Aqua.
Kek

What vol / chapter was this?
>>
File: 8d interdimensional chess.jpg (384KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
8d interdimensional chess.jpg
384KB, 1280x720px
>>154850898
>“Throw away your status? What are you saying? You’re just a commoner.”
Posh bantz
>>
>>154850959
LN5 on the way to Chuuniland
>>
>>154850823
>He says it a few times that he's worried he'll just fall in love with any girl who falls for him, and that they won't be real feelings. Which is exactly what he does.
He's worried about that happening in particular with Megumin and no one else.

You don't see him confessing back seriously to Iris, nor seeing Darkness as anything other than a sex toy.

Megumin is special.
>>
>>154850898
>one comedic line
>compared to multiple scenes with Megumin, most of them in a more serious light
Totally in the same level.
>>
>>154850823
Yeah, you have a point, but

>he wants to make sure he does the right thing, because he doesn't want to hurt her.

Confessing back and almost kissing her will greatly hurt her if she know that Kazuma wasn't sincere about his feelings for her.

Isn't his behavior full of contradictions?
>>
>>154850935

No, she's his closest bro.

After Megumin dumps him and he realises Darkness will never get over her personality, he'll still always be true friends with Aqua.

>>154851118

Yup. Which Megumin points out herself.

He's not trying to hurt her, but he doesn't really know his own feelings. When he's calm, he realises he's not actually interested in her, but when he shows interest in him he falls for it.
>>
>>154851118
No, it's anon who's full of contradictions.

Kazuma's behavior makes complete sense when you consider that he's a completely inexperienced virgin who isn't sure about his feelings, which is not the same as not being sincere with them.

He does like her, he's just unsure why.
>>
>>154829372
>>Kazuma mentions multiple times that he's not attracted to Megumin
You got Megumin mixed up with Aqua there.
>>
File: 1485971007874.jpg (669KB, 1102x781px) Image search: [Google]
1485971007874.jpg
669KB, 1102x781px
>>154851037

What'cha talking about? That line wasn't comedic at all. He wasn't teasing her, nor was he trying to mock her, he was being legitimately serious.

Darkness even gets uncomfortable about how clear he's being.

“Rather, you’ve been acting rather strange. To give a specific example, the fact that you’re completely calm when you’re alone in a room with me is tormenting.”

“N-, No, of course I’m nervous when I’m alone with you. More importantly, my gaze…”

“…Oi, for a while now, you haven’t been looking at my chest at all. What’s that supposed to mean? Your gaze is so sincere, even in this situation….

Of course it doesn't go any further, but the sincerity was there.
>>
>>154851163
>Megumin dumps him
Never happens in the WN, and now that she's even more popular and has even more scenes with him, it won't happen in the LN either.

Stop using your headcannon as arguments.

>When he's calm, he realises he's not actually interested in her,
Please post a quote, because as I remember it when he's calm he doesn't say he's not interested, he just starts pondering the nature of his interest.
>>
>>154851213
Because he's an Aquafag using the same shitty arguments as always about how Kazuma doesn't actually like her and how she's going to dump him, while Aqua is his soulmate and is going to be with him forever.

Delusions.
>>
File: 1483677588947.jpg (190KB, 1024x985px) Image search: [Google]
1483677588947.jpg
190KB, 1024x985px
>>154851213

eg.

>I didn’t actually think much of Megumin, so even if I was interrupted, it was fine.
>Right. Her looks were not bad, but she was a weirdo who only knew explosions and more explosions.
>I was nearly taken along by the mood, but I wouldn’t be tricked so easily.

See: >>154850823

And then, from the chapter where they spend the whole time in bed, talking about being in love:

>“Hey you, do you even know why I’m staying out tonight?”
>Said Kazuma begrudgingly. Even so, I didn’t know what he meant.
>“How would I know? By the way, where are you going?”
>“The café, you know, that ‘café’? The one that operates 24/7?”
>A café that operates 24/7?
>There was only one café in the town of Axel that matched that description.
>“…You, after what happened last night, you decided to do this kind of dirty business?”
>“Hmm? What wrong Megumin? Your eyes are really red… What are you so excited about? Was it something that happened last night?”

And

>“…That store has a lot of sexily dressed onee-sans. Hmm? Are they Kazuma’s type?”
>“Huh, so you know about that store? And the type I like huh… I wonder what it is…?”
>His reply was full of indecision.
>“…While we’re talking about this, could I ask what type of girl Kazuma likes?”
>“My type? Hm, I haven’t really considered that before… If I really have to say it though, it would be a ‘long haired, big boob’ed girl that would dote on me a lot’?”
>Hearing him reply with such ease, I felt the need to reconsider my love for this man.
>After what happened yesterday, shouldn’t his preference be a lot closer to me?
>>
>>154851223
Legitimately serious about wanting to fuck her, but that doesn't mean he's romantically interested in her.

Kazuma only sees Darkness as someone he wants to fuck, he finds her personality too disgusting to be in a relationship with her.

That's why she's below Megumin as a love interest.
>>
>>154851163
>When he's calm, he realises he's not actually interested in her

I disagree, here's a passage from after her confession, when he was heading to the bath to calm himself

>Anyway, based on what happened, Megumin and I are now in a relationship.
>After all, I told her things like ‘I love you’ and stuff.

>Since I thought ‘this relationship isn’t bad either’, that means my feelings for her were deeper than I thought…

>…Eh, does that mean she’ll be my girlfriend starting tomorrow?
>Oi oi oi, am I finally going to experience real life!?
>>
File: 1476068582114.png (267KB, 371x410px) Image search: [Google]
1476068582114.png
267KB, 371x410px
>>154851256
>Delusions
Divine insight
>>
>>154851292
>Her looks were not bad
Literally him saying she's cute.
>>
>>154829372
I dunno, man, megumin has this hard to describe special attractiveness that the other girls dont really have. I think most people in kazuma's would go beyond just choosing megumin, I think they would be pursuing her immediately.
>>
>>154851236

I outlined it here: >>154851292

Also in LN10, he's completely fine with Megumin going off on a date with another guy.

>>154851256

I'm not an Aquafag at all, the thought of being in a relationship with Aqua is terrifying to me and I can 100% understand why Kazuma has no interest in her. I do think they'll be lifelong bro's, but I doubt he'll start slipping her the Kazucock anytime soon.

Although, she might be interested, slightly, considering in LN10 she talks about being willing to date him (most likely for money)
>>
>>154851292
Megumin really needs to raise her standards
Unless she's a masochist on the level of Darkness that gets off to this kind of shit
>>
>>154851292
Your first quote is from an older volume, and he was being in denial, just like when he used to claim that he's not a lolicon.

And the later quotes are him picking on her and then actually being sincere about his preferred body type, which doesn't mean he's not attracted to her.

How can you even say he's not attracted to her when he has thought about fucking her so many times already. Even if you claim he was just lead on by the mood, there is still attraction there that caused the mood to begin with.
>>
>>154851365
>I outlined it here:
And you were wrong with that, as I mentioned here: >>154851381
>>
>>154851293

He's declaring his love for her, and doing nothing sexual at all in that scene. That's why she's put off, because he's NOT trying to fuck her.

>>154851315

>…Eh, does that mean she’ll be my girlfriend starting tomorrow?
>Oi oi oi, am I finally going to experience real life!?

Exactly, he's hyped up by the idea of having a girlfriend. He's caught up in the moment. He likes the idea of having a GF, he doesn't mind Megmin as an option, but that's the depth of his feelings.

Let's go a step further:

Megumin loves Kazuma. Does Kazuma love Megumin? If so, what does he love about her? Why and when did he fall for her?

The best the story offers is that he might fall in love with her and he's open/interested in dating her (rather than just fucking her, which he doesn't want since he doesn't know his feelings properly).
>>
>>154851365
Nice try, Aquafag.

If Megumin doesn't win it's going to be an open end.
>>
>>154851347
>I think most people in kazuma's would go beyond just choosing megumin, I think they would be pursuing her immediately.
I don't think anyone but pedos like cecily and zesta have pursued her, have they?
>>
>>154851365
>Although, she might be interested, slightly, considering in LN10 she talks about being willing to date him (most likely for money)
Come again?
>>
>>154851409
>>154851381
>Your first quote is from an older volume, and he was being in denial, just like when he used to claim that he's not a lolicon.

It's from LN9. That's not an older volume, that's set like 1 week before the latest one.

>And the later quotes are him picking on her and then actually being sincere about his preferred body type, which doesn't mean he's not attracted to her.

Except that he's not, he's shown independently that he's attracted to Darknesses body type (even if not her, herself). Older girls with big tits doting on him IS his type:

After waking up early in the morning, I headed to the bathroom to wash off the sweat, and ran into Darkness who was taking her clothes off.

Well, we lived in this house for more than a year, so such things do happen.

Seeing how calm I was, Darkness was dumbfounded momentarily.

“Y-Y-You turn your head away! And don’t try to play it off so easily, I already told everyone that the lock to the bathroom is broken! And even if this is an accident, men have to apologize for seeing the skin of a maiden!”

“Don’t think your warped logic will work on me! All you feminist are the same, always pushing for gender equality, but will ask the men to give way when things don’t go your way! If I accomplish enough merits to earn a peerage, I will abolish this trash system. Starting from this house.”

“I get it, I really do! There’s too many things to retort, so turn your head back first!”

Darkness finally give in to my flawless argument, and answered with a crying face.

After being judged to be innocent, I averted my face in relief.

“We already bathed together once, why are you still so shy? And you have already taken care of me a lot in that certain shop.”

“You are still going on about that!… And what is that shop?”

There's some other part where he mentions the same thing, he fucks Darkness all the time in the succubus shop. He's NEVER mentioned fucking Megumin in it.
>>
File: 1483678310465.jpg (118KB, 640x853px) Image search: [Google]
1483678310465.jpg
118KB, 640x853px
>>154851439

I agree, as I stated here: >>154850394

>>154851442

Some random guy in Elroad hit on her.

>>154851461

I can't remember the exact quote, but in LN10 he praises her or something and she misinterprets it as him showing interest in her, then talks about how "If you do XYZ, then I'd be willing to link arms with you!"
>>
>>154851365
Also in LN10, he's completely fine with Megumin going off on a date with another guy.

Take a look to this:

>“This man. He sure has the guts to say such a thing when heditched us in front of those other men.”

>“Agreed. Sometimes, I’d like to see what goes through his head.”

>“That’s because I believe in you guys you know? You guys aren’t easy girls that would get seduced by some random guys that we’ve never seen before, right?”

>Hearing what I said, the two of them showed troubled expressions, and exchanged glances with one another.

>“Despite him being so carefree, this man is quite underhanded occasionally.”

>“That’s right. Although he doesn’t seem like the kind of person that would be easily led on by girls, he – as usual – has a silver tongue and is quite crafty with his ways…”
>>
>>154851422
You seem to think that loving her because she fell in love with him is somehow not genuine love.

He's unsure about the origin of his feelings, so he doesn't want to rush it, but he did fall for her in some level, more than any other girl in the cast (arguably, since he does seem to like Iris and Eris a lot, but I'd say those are more because of his otaku expectations of an imouto and main heroine, respectively).

>He's declaring his love for her, and doing nothing sexual at all in that scene. That's why she's put off, because he's NOT trying to fuck her.
That's the joke, but it doesn't mean shit, he has never shown anything other than lust for her during the course of most of the story, not romantic attraction (I did think she had a chance on vol 3 but that was quickly pushed aside). She has far less chances than Megumin, only being above Aqua because Aqua is strictly not a love interest.
>>
>>154829372
>>She's practically the opposite of his type
You're either a turbovirgin or a girl. Men don't work that way, they're not constricted by whatever their "type" is.
>>
File: 1485969191479.jpg (1MB, 2000x1414px) Image search: [Google]
1485969191479.jpg
1MB, 2000x1414px
>>154851537
>>154851461

Found it:

>“Oi, you, just bring us to Iris’ room already! Also, there’s no way I would try to assault Aqua, alright? Even when we were sleeping together at the stables I didn’t do anything, you know!? Even in the store I visit often, I never once looked to you for ‘help’ alright!?”

>“Oho-!? You were so passionate just a moment ago, but now that you’ve been rejected, are you so embarrassed that you want to pretend nothing happened!? If you really want to sweet talk me or something like that, use your assets or expensive saké or something! There are a variety of ways, right? If you do that, I even won’t mind linking arms with you!”

>I really want to slap this idiot right now.
>>
>>154851492
>It's from LN9. That's not an older volume, that's set like 1 week before the latest one.

It's from the earlier chapters of Vol 8
>>
>>154851492
>It's from LN9. That's not an older volume, that's set like 1 week before the latest one.
I thought that was from Vol5. In any case he's obviously in denial, you're taking his words quite literally. Isn't that just before Megumin becomes jelly and they both get flustered after some bantz during breakfast?

>Except that he's not, he's shown independently that he's attracted to Darknesses body type (even if not her, herself). Older girls with big tits doting on him IS his type
But anon, that's exactly what I fucking said:
>and then actually being sincere about his preferred body type

I know that big tits is his body type, that's what I said that him liking big tits doesn't mean he can't like Megumin too, specially since he has been shown to be attracted to her and harassing her too.
>>
>>154851561

He specifically says she's not his type and we've seen that he goes to the succubus cafe to fuck Darkness all the time.

>>154851548
>You seem to think that loving her because she fell in love with him is somehow not genuine love.

Kazuma himself says that, he's worried about confessing because of being caught up in the mood and that he'll be saying it just to return the feelings to the girl who offers it to him, without really meaning the words.

He spells this out clearly in the books.

>That's the joke, but it doesn't mean shit, he has never shown anything other than lust for her during the course of most of the story, not romantic attraction (I did think she had a chance on vol 3 but that was quickly pushed aside). She has far less chances than Megumin, only being above Aqua because Aqua is strictly not a love interest.

The fact that you're saying this tells me that I don't think you've read the scene I'm talking about. There's zero lust involved at all. It's definitely not him playing a joke on her.
>>
>>154851594

Oh you're right, my bad. It's still recent though.
>>
>>154851613

He stated honestly his preferred body type, Megumin misinderstood it by thinking that he stated the type of women he is likely to fall in love with, which is not the case, because he isn't in love with Wiz or Yunyun.
>>
>>154851581
Hhhnnngggg
>>
>>154851621
>He specifically says she's not his type
>same fucking argument
>>
>>154851621
>He specifically says she's not his type and we've seen that he goes to the succubus cafe to fuck Darkness all the time.
Which doesn't mean he can't be attracted to Megumin. MCs getting together with a girl the opposite of their types is a classic trope.

>Kazuma himself says that, he's worried about confessing because of being caught up in the mood and that he'll be saying it just to return the feelings to the girl who offers it to him, without really meaning the words. He spells this out clearly in the books.
I think you're not understanding what I said. I know Kazuma is worried about his feelings not being genuine, but love, regardless of it's origins is still genuine love. That was just a personal statement.

>The fact that you're saying this tells me that I don't think you've read the scene I'm talking about. There's zero lust involved at all. It's definitely not him playing a joke on her.
Nigga, the joke is that he's actually treating her seriously for once when the rest of the time she's just the object of his lust, and thus she finds him creepy.
The point is that when your only serious confession is used as a joke, you can tell you're not going anywhere with that relationship, unlike Megumin's confessions that (while keeping the comedic tone of the series) are still treated seriously.
>>
>>154851684
That's obviously the case, why are you arguing my point there.
>>
>>154851769
Right now, Kazuma doesn't have any super strong romantic feelings towards any of the girls, but he's easily strung along, especially with regards to expectations. He likes all the girls certainly, but once he gets outside of it, his feelings are not very strong romantically. They are very strong in regards to camaraderie and kinship however.

Honestly, Megumin completely screws over her chances by wiffle waffling all the time, where she should be taking the initiative. Like she's gotten to the point where Kazuma likes her, and she likes him, but she hasn't exactly cemented Kazuma's sentiments towards her. Pretty much allows Kazuma to go elsewhere since his own feelings towards aren't that strong.
>>
>>154851925
I agree with most of that statement, specially the last paragraph, but I disagree with this:
>Right now, Kazuma doesn't have any super strong romantic feelings towards any of the girls
The only (treated seriously) romantic feelings he has shown are towards Megumin and arguably Iris (though it's more of an older brother kind of love), so that line feels like you're undermining the feelings he has shown towards them, by lumping them together with Aqua (not a love interest, his best friend) and Darkness (joke love interest).
>>
>>154852032
He does have romantic feelings towards Megumin, but they aren't particular strong ones. Like outside of the situations, he tends to not treat it too seriously. There's not a lot to suggest that his romantic feelings override his feelings of camaraderie towards her, and more importantly, Kazuma isn't particularly bound towards her romantically at all. Since they have not pushed further, it's not exactly that strong in terms of romantic love or binding for that matter.
>>
>>154852278
Yes, my point there was that you sounded like she was on the same level of the other girls, because you lumped her together with them, even though Megumin is Kazuma's only serious love interest right now, and as such, she can't be lumped together with the others when talking about his romantic feelings.
>>
File: 1487991704720.jpg (240KB, 850x1202px) Image search: [Google]
1487991704720.jpg
240KB, 850x1202px
>>154851769
>Nigga, the joke is that he's actually treating her seriously for once when the rest of the time she's just the object of his lust, and thus she finds him creepy.
>The point is that when your only serious confession is used as a joke, you can tell you're not going anywhere with that relationship, unlike Megumin's confessions that (while keeping the comedic tone of the series) are still treated seriously.

The scene being mentioned is a Doppelganger pretending to be Kazuma. You've completely missed the joke 5 posts in a row now.
>>
File: E1RSaG9.jpg (953KB, 2000x1414px) Image search: [Google]
E1RSaG9.jpg
953KB, 2000x1414px
>>154851925
>Right now, Kazuma doesn't have any super strong romantic feelings towards any of the girls

Did we read the same novel?

He doesn't show any romantic attraction toward Darkness.
>Darkness – even though we had almost crossed the line together, even though our relationship had become rather close at the mansion; it feels as if my affection points had been reset.

He can't see Aqua in a romantic light.

He seems to like Megumin, but he's unsure about the true nature and the extent of his feelings, because he's utter shit at romance.

He likes Iris as a little sister, but unless we have a timeskip, no romantic developpement will happen.
>>
>>154852355
You're the one missing the point of what I'm saying though.

I'm saying that anything related to Darkness being treated as a love interest is used as a joke.
>>
>>154852032

>The only (treated seriously) romantic feelings he has shown are towards Megumin

Nah. He is also giving that to Darkness and even telling her that all she has to do is tell him straight into his face that she loves/likes him. He would also do that to Darkness if only she wasn't too timid to express herself that's why Megumin currently have an "advantage" if you want to treat it as such.

Conversely, Kazuma would also do to Megumin what he did to Darkness on volumes 2/3 and 7. It's not just the rescuing part, Kazuma would also be emotionally disturbed at this level like this on volume 7:

>“I’m creating something known as bubble wrap from my country. It feels different because of the material and the way it is made, I still think it is workable.” Megumin listened to my explanation carefully.
>“… What is it used for?” She asked moodily.
>“It is meant to be popped. By popping it one at a time, your heart will become peaceful.”
>“… That’s it?”
>“That’s it.”
>……

>Megumin squeezed the bubble wrap I spent a long time making like a broken rag.

>“Ahhh—!!”

>“What the hell—!?”

>I screamed when I saw Megumin popping the entire bubble wrap in one go with a yell.

>She exhaled with satisfaction, smoothed out the ball of bubble wrap and returned it to me.

>"This does help one to calm down. I feel a little better.”

>Megumin left briskly as I knelt onto the ground weakly.

>T-the thing I spent so much time making was…!
>Aqua who ignored our interaction sang:

>“That’s the way the money goes. Pop, goes the weasel—”

>“Shut up!”

>Even my outburst felt annoying.

>… Damn it!

>Why did I vent this out on Aqua, why was I so irritable!

The problem here is that his emotions or even what he says is quite a misleading indicator if he truly loves someone or not since he has multiple personality issues like indecisiveness, traumas, desperation, easily swept by the flow, misconceptions etc.
>>
>>154852334
I would argue with Darkness, but that's more on the other side of things when it comes to a relationship. The relationship being one rift with sexual tension. Kazuma obviously cares about her a lot, considering he threw away all his wealth to rescue her as well as his chances of living a normal life, but he hasn't had those "romantic" feelings with her. Both girls have had a lot of progress in regards to Kazuma and their relationship towards him, though the routes are plenty different. Neither however cement commitment from him however.
>>
File: 1489084731092.png (677KB, 1327x1314px) Image search: [Google]
1489084731092.png
677KB, 1327x1314px
In vol 10, Ragcraft, who took the appearence of Megumin, went to Kazuma's room to ""play"" , in those circumstances when he thinks she is 100% willing, he didn't held back a bit, and was totally serious and willing to cross the line.

>“I want you to sleep with me tonight. Uhm, is… that… fine…?”
>She said that in a soft voice as she grabbed my hand tightly and turned her head away embarrassedly.
>Somehow, this day has finally arrived.
>Without further ado, the day of victory is upon me.
>However, calm down. First, lock the door to prevent anyone from coming in.
>Then, stay calm, and don’t be greedy. As an elder man, I must take the lead.
>I firmly grasped Megumin’s shoulders and then let go.
>Gesturing to lock the door…
>“Uhm, Kazuma? I’m, uhm, not as big a Darkness, so as expected, it’s no good…. is it?”
>“Nothing like that. I am a man that loves it equally, regardless of whether it’s small or large. Please don’t misjudge me as such a petty man.”
>In response to my rebuttal, Megumin drew herself a teensy bit away.
>“I-I-, Is that so. Then… Uhm, It’s embarrassing, so could you close your eyes for a moment?”
>“I refuse.”
>“I-, I feel troubled about your refusal, but… The room is bright you see? So please, for just a little…”
>Megumin lost her composure at my immediate response.
>It can’t be helped then, I should be obedient and close my eyes.
>But at the very least, I should lock the door first.
>>
>>154852511
Romantic feelings are above sexual feelings. I know he lusts after Darkness, but that's exactly why I'm saying Megumin is his only serious love interest, because with Darkness he just wants to fuck her, and all their "romantic" scenes are treated as a joke, and he's completely disgusted by her personality most of the time.
>>
>>154852505
>He is also giving that to Darkness and even telling her that all she has to do is tell him straight into his face that she loves/likes him. He would also do that to Darkness if only she wasn't too timid to express herself that's why Megumin currently have an "advantage" if you want to treat it as such.

Kazuma finds Darkness' personality annoying and disgusting though, there is no way he would have a relationship with her, unlike Megumin, Eris or Iris, all of them with personalities he actually tolerates (most of the time).

I would expect him to be jealous or disturbed because Darkness is his friend and he still wants to fuck her at the very least, so it didn't surprise me that he went to rescue her.

Saying Megumin is not in the lead is completely delusional, all things considered.
>>
>>154852841
I will truly savor your inevitable tears.
>>
>>154852884
I'm expecting an open end, so don't expect any tears.

Now expecting Darkness to not be a joke? That's fucking gold.
>>
>>154852710
It doesn't change the fact he would throw everything away for her. The only reason Megumin is ahead romantically is that she confessed her feelings to him. If Darkness would ever move out of her tsun phase, she'd be on the same grounds as Megumin. And Megumin is constantly blue balling Kazuma, to the point that Kazuma still treats her more as a friend than a lover of any kind.
>>
>>154852940

>open end

Would not happen ahaha
>>
>>154853032
>It doesn't change the fact he would throw everything away for her
He would do the same for Megumin and even Aqua.
>>
>>154853032
>It doesn't change the fact he would throw everything away for her.
He would do that for anyone in his party when it gets down to it. And yet you can't call Aqua a love interest can you?

>The only reason Megumin is ahead romantically is that she confessed her feelings to him.
Of course, no one has ever said the contrary.

>If Darkness would ever move out of her tsun phase, she'd be on the same grounds as Megumin.
Kazuma dislikes her fetish way too much for that, even back on Vol. 3 when she was in the lead he was still put off by her personality.

> And Megumin is constantly blue balling Kazuma, to the point that Kazuma still treats her more as a friend than a lover of any kind.
Well they aren't exactly in a relationship yet, so I don't see the problem with this.
>>
>>154832333
Trips of truth
>>
>>154853137

>Kazuma dislikes

Irrelevant. Every 3 girls have a ton to dislike about
>>
>>154853225
Good job of ignoring the rest of the sentence, retard.
>>
>>154853225
Yet Darkness is the only one whose flaws completely nullify her chances at winning the Kazumabowl.
>>
>>154851621
>fucks succubus darkness all the time

Son, you just fucked up rule #1, and that is thinking marrying and fucking are associated. I bet you tried to propose marriage to the first prostitute you banged too
>>
>>154853293

>flaws

We would not have this discussion if personality flaws are actually relevant for shutting down any girls. All girls have them regardless of what they are and everybody already knows this.
>>
>>154853392
How can you still be missing the point?

>We would not have this discussion if personality flaws are actually relevant for shutting down any girls.
In this case they are, Kazuma is put off by Darkness' personality, thus, he'll never care about her romantically, and just wants her body.

Just like Aqua is not in the running because he also finds her personality disgusting, even more so than Darkness' fetishes that he mostly finds annoying.
>>
>>154853520

see >>154853225
>>
>>154853758
See >>154853293
Darkness and Aqua's personality flaws undermine their chances at winning, while Megumin's do not.
>>
>>154853758
You're a complete retard.

I's completely relevant if Kazuma dislikes something and if he's put off by it.
>>
File: 1489870012880.png (388KB, 763x897px) Image search: [Google]
1489870012880.png
388KB, 763x897px
Ahhhh... these amount of negative emotions that I can harvest throughout the year
>>
>>154853051
Open end is the most likely ending by far, as it's how the original ended too.

This is quite different from the original already, but there is no reason yet to think the ending won't be open too.
>>
File: IMG_0464.png (536KB, 945x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0464.png
536KB, 945x720px
>>154854044
>>154854111
>>
>>154854111
The WN was ended quickly to make way for the LN. There's a chance this wasn't what the author originally intended to do.
It's also possible that the multiple changes that were made in the LN are the proof that it's taking a completely different direction.
>>
>>154854111

Now THIS is delusional
>>
>>154854194
True, but like I said we don't have yet any indication that Kazuma will actually pick someone this time, as that is going pretty similarly regarding romance, Iris aside.

And I got trips.

>>154854192
Go fuck Wiz already.
>>
>>154854229
No, it's really the most level headed thing you could expect.
>>
>>154854192
There are no negative feelings to feed from in that post.

Now wait for Aquafags and Darknessfags once Megumin wins, that'll be a feast.
>>
>>154854414
Tho Moi feeds off of such negative emotions. Moi was impressed with back to back "GETS"
>>
>>154829372
Love isn't just enumerating a laundry list of qualities, and the fact that she can elicit such reaction on him should mean something
>>
>>154853942
There's nothing wrong with shipping.
>>
>>154832549
>You already have a cute girl who you have a great relationship with, but your ideal girl comes into the picture. It's hard for your brain to make a decision even if you heart already has.
anon please dont remind me of that feel
>>
>>154832549

>He is the closest to Megumin

Wrong. That would be Aqua
>>
>>154829372
>i am not a lolicon
>cares most about 3 flat girls
I wonder what the author is trying to tell us with this.
>>
>>154857488
That she is a high class woman with excellent taste, of course.
>>
File: 05 - cz3gWAI.jpg (966KB, 2201x1600px) Image search: [Google]
05 - cz3gWAI.jpg
966KB, 2201x1600px
>>154833296
And since Continued Explosion chapter 4, Megumin is going to want to fuck his fucking brains out for sure:

https://boards.fireden.net/a/thread/152856849/#152857028
>>
>>154858270
Chris is a cute
>>
File: IMG_0097.jpg (276KB, 1314x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0097.jpg
276KB, 1314x1080px
>>154858270
Fuck, talk about being crazy. I can already picture Megumin going full Yandere
>>
>Some people unironically think that the author fucked up by making the OTP that Kazuma and Megumin are
Some people just have to be on the bottom of the IQ curve I guess, too bad they read this.
>>
>>154859175
The autor fucked up trying to write a love story in a fucking comedy LN
>>
>>154859175
I don't mind them being together, I just dislike the way she handled the romance. Could have done a better job in my opinion.
>>
>>154859843
Except she didn't, the romance is so light and fun that it's perfectly fine to have it, as it never upstages the comedy.

Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's bad.
>>
File: 1488167169406.jpg (666KB, 4095x2046px) Image search: [Google]
1488167169406.jpg
666KB, 4095x2046px
I want Komekko to eat my cat
>>
>>154860009
Was Nerimaki introduced in any volume? I recall reading about all of the girls in the crimson village except for her.
>>
>>154859916
As someone who readed the LN looking for something awesome as the anime, I feel disapointed.
In Vol5 the history was fun, I can't deny it, but you also get like 10 fucking pages about a cringeworthy love story, sometimes I felt I was reading about other story and about others character.
>Megumin almost leaving her explosions.
>Kazuma being the nice guy.
The fuck is that?

>Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's bad.
Just because you like it doesn't mean it's good
>>
>>154829722
I can't imagine Darkness winning since the match works so well that at some point there would cease to be a gag to make out of it. Then again the theory that the author projects onto Darkness is totally plausible.
>>
>>154861523
>The fuck is that?
Kazuma only became an asshole because Aqua pushed him in the first place, he is actually a nice guy to Wiz, Yunyun, Iris and even his party sometimes when it comes to it. You had misguided expectations, fueled by the anime not showing Kazuma's internal monologues and rushing through some parts of the story.

And Megumin wants to be useful to the party that finally accepted her, and to the guy she likes, is that so weird? She's a fucking loner that finally got friends, it's a big part of her character.

Seriously it's like you expect comedy characters to not have any depth or redeeming aspects to them. I really like the anime but I hate that it brought retards like you.

>Just because you like it doesn't mean it's good
But it is, it's well done and doesn't disturb the comedy at all since it's still done in a comedic tone and it doesn't delve for too long in it either, you just don't like it because you came from the anime expecting something completely different than what you got.
>>
>>154858270
Chris has a "Just kidding,don't be mad at me bro" look on her face when she sees Megumin's subdued anger.
>>
>>154861887
Indeed, people keep saying "scumzuma" but the guy is pretty decent actually. He has flaws and is not a complete saint just like every single human being.
>>
>>154861381
Nerimaki is the one with the most "normal" hairstyle, you know what this means. When she appears she will be the weirdest girl.

Wasn't Nerimaki the one who taught Yunyun martial arts?
>>
File: wTLP6jn.jpg (245KB, 1507x1080px) Image search: [Google]
wTLP6jn.jpg
245KB, 1507x1080px
>>154833296
Megumin confesses love to Kazuma:

http://blog-imgs-64.fc2.com/y/a/r/yaraon/89890.mp3
>>
>>154862179
I find her to be the cutest in the group to be honest, so I was interested if she had any lines at all in the LNs.

>Wasn't Nerimaki the one who taught Yunyun martial arts?

I thought the school teached them but Megumin skipped the classes because she was bad nourished and always at the edge of starving so her strenght was below average.
>>
I just want Darkness to be happy
>>
>>154862264
My heart just broke.
>>
>>154862318
True, but to be honest, the combination of black hair and red eyes makes all of them cute. It is even nicer since those are dominant genes, so all of their kids would have red eyes and black hair.
>>
>>154862351
She can live without Kazuma, honestly. Her attraction for him is really shallow.
>>
>>154862421
Damn mutants.
>>
File: 1490040277112.jpg (30KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1490040277112.jpg
30KB, 400x400px
>>154862502
Y-you b-better take that back!
>>
>>154862079
Read the novel, everyone calls him like that. he even knows he is shit sometimes.
>>
>>154862566

t. crimson village mutant
>>
>>154862639
I think he meant that he doesn't deserve people calling him that all the time.
>>
>>154862502
>Damn cute mutants

Fixed for you
>>
>>154862639
I read them and you are right, but I think in a world with demons, crazy cultists, corrupt nobles, childish overpowered adventurers and so on he gets called scum because he gets caught up in situations where he is seen as a pervert though most of the time it's either an accident or someone else's fault.
>>
>>154861887
I had already read the whole novel mr. elitist faggot. The anime literally follows Vol 1-4 with only a bit changes and omissions who doesn't affect the plot. except the end in the Vol 4.

Kazuma got the name "Trashuma" or "Scumzuma" because everyone aroun him see what he always does. even megumin's mom knows that. He is not a good guy, He is not your regular MC, he is shit and that's why he is so perfect.

...or was
>>
>>154862810
I think it's not fair *
>>
>>154862939
>I had already read the whole novel mr. elitist faggot.
Not before you watched the anime, obviously, which is the point of your misguided expectations.

>The anime literally follows Vol 1-4 with only a bit changes and omissions who doesn't affect the plot. except the end in the Vol 4.
They skipped Wiz' introduction chapter and Dust's party. They handled Wiz well enough but I'm disappointed with what they did to Dust, since he's a recurring comic relief.

>Kazuma got the name "Trashuma" or "Scumzuma" because everyone aroun him see what he always does. even megumin's mom knows that. He is not a good guy, He is not your regular MC, he is shit and that's why he is so perfect.

But he IS a good guy, it's just that he's also a coward and an asshole a lot of the time so he got the name scumzuma, but when things comes down to it he's not gonna let his friends down. This is something that has happened since the first fucking book, when he offered himself to go along with Megumin to Beldia's castle to fight him.

He has always acted nice to people who were nice to him, it just happens that most of the cast is a bunch of assholes. Kazuma never wanted to be trash, he just ended up being a cunt because Aqua is a failure of a goddess.
>>
>>154863435

It's ridiculous to put too much of the blame on Aqua, he's done plenty of bad things of his own accord, taking her to this world was definitely him being selfish and short sighted, then stuff like lording Chris's panties around or locking himself in with Megumin, he's definitely a bit dodgy.

I do think he's nowhere near as bad as everyone seems to think though. Which is one of the things I dislike about the LN. Things like his whole party going on about how terrible and perverted he was, using the lie detector, or how it goes against Aqua's entire belief system just to praise him at all.

He's nowhere near as bad as they seem to think he is and they've been with him for more than a year now, two of them are in love with him, they should know that.
>>
>>154864325
Although, he did not know he was going to steal Chris' panties, it was the first time he used the skill and he did not know what was going to happen.
And about him locking himself with Megumin, I thought it was Megumin's mom who did that on purpose.

But yes, he does some sketchy things on his own and he doesn't seem to be any ashamed or trying to avoid them from happening again.
>>
>>154864555

Sure, but rather than give her panties back, or show any shame about it, he lorded them over her and blackmailed her to get not just his wallet back but everything she was carrying too.

Megumin's mum put them together, but he was the one who kept trying to attack her, doubly so when he cast Freeze on the window to cool the room so she'd share a bed with him.
>>
>>154864827
Indeed though, Chris took his cash and challenged him in a steal duel as experience for his future adventures. He did the right thing by asking money in exchange for the panties, it was a fair deal since both had something the other one wanted.
As for him going along with Megumin's mom plan, I can't blame him because I would have done the same, but not with a retarded tactic heh.
>>
>>154864325
>It's ridiculous to put too much of the blame on Aqua, he's done plenty of bad things of his own accord, taking her to this world was definitely him being selfish and short sighted
What? She totally deserved that for being an asshole to him, it's her own fault that she ended up strained in such a shitty world, and her crappy attitude when Kazuma died is definitely what ended up pushing Kazuma over the edge and turned him into an ass.

It wasn't selfish from Kazuma, and it wouldn't have been short sighted if it wasn't for Aqua being so useless most of the time thanks to her stupidity, something he didn't have any way of knowing.

He's definitely dodgy, because he's mostly trying to live his otaku fantasies, but he's far from being a bad guy, and he has never been an asshole to people that are nice to him, so he does have some decency at least (remember Chris tried to steal his fucking money).
>>
Aqua deserves people treating her like shit, after all, the bad things that happen in the world are directly (or indirectly) her fault for playing with her goddess' powers without measuring the consequences.
>>
So I finally binged this show (and loved it) but what I can gather is that the LN goes downhill with giving into popularity and Iris?
>>
>>154865213
There are two LNs where she gets a lot of focus. I'm not a big fun of Iris myself so I didn't enjoy those novels a lot, but I wouldn't say the LNs are going downhill because of her.

If you haven't read them yet I say you should go ahead and do it without worring about the princess.

Personally I think reading Darkness is more annoying than reading Iris chapters.
>>
>>154865390
fan * not fun
>>
>>154865213
Not at all, that's just shitposting.
>>
>>154829372
Give up, your heroine lost and the Megumemes are real.
>>
>>154865213

I loved the Iris chapters, she's a great counterbalance from the cast and seeing someone truly enjoy/respect Kazuma is fun. I had no idea anyone would dislike them until I saw the whining here.
>>
>>154866211
The problem I see is not Iris herself but the atmosphere that surrounds her. Whenever she is there everyone has to be careful to not say or do anything wrong to avoid getting beheaded. And Darkness gets into full defense mode not allowing any of the party members to have a little fun.
Although I enjoy how Kazuma slowly spoils her which is a good thing, someone that's meant to rule an entire nation can live isolated without knowing how people behaves outside the castle walls.
>>
>>154866211
She just sounds like another Nia (who I disliked)

Could you help me disprove that
>>
>>154866418
I don't think that problem is that bad, Kazuma can do no wrong, even when he does wrong she loves it. Megumin is Iris boss and so can order her around all she wants, Aqua is well above her in ranking and so she doesn't give a fuck. Darkness is no fun allowed but she's just one person. Iris biggest problem is her retainers.
>>
>>154866602

She's nothing at all like Nia in any way
>>
>>154829372
I'm pretty sure he mentioned Megumin is pretty cute in the new season.
Also Kazutrash talks big for someone who would have sex with all of his party if given the chance.
Even Aqua
>>
>>154866706

Plus, seeing her use the toy airplane Kazuma made her as a negotiating tool was cute as fuck, Iris is fun. Hell, she even gives Darkness a second joke, rather than being a one schtick character.
>>
>>154867184
>Mentions Megumin is cute

He does find her attractive, but the scene in question didn't show it right at all. He says it after she asks him about Yunyun in an attempt to change the topic, rather than admit he finds Yunyun hot, that's why she attacks him straight after (covers him with goo, so they share a bath. Which he's fine with, because he has no sexual attraction to her at that point.)

>Aqua

Nope. He's got no interest in her, even turns down wanting to bathe with her.
>>
File: 1490047739876.png (638KB, 1024x1350px) Image search: [Google]
1490047739876.png
638KB, 1024x1350px
>>154829372
>>
>>154867462
>>154867184

That's the whole reason for their discussion in the bath after all. She's pissed that he's attracted to Yunyun but not to her, when they're about the same age, he makes fun of her for being childish about it, etcetc
>>
>>154867462
>even turns down wanting to bathe with her
I think it's a gag at this point to ignore aqua's body. Even in the OVA where he made his friends strip and rested on tits, he just made her an errand girl

However Kazuma and Aqua act like a couple already a decently amount of the time and know each other the best
>>
>>154867462
I'm talking about a latter episode when he explicitly says that he lives surrounded by his beautiful girl party and that he could go for any of them or something like that.
>>
>Darkness sort of tries to fuck him because of her masochism thing when she thinks she's gonna be married
>Drops it
>Megumin continues to tease him, has a massive crush on someone who turns out to be him
>>
>>154867656

He's not attracted to her at all at this point in the series, not until after her birthday.

>>154867622

Well, he never made a move on her when he slept with her in the stable. He gets angry when there's a joke about him bathing with her or sneaking into her bed "I have a choice too". He's never used her in the cafe either.

It's ambiguous just what she sees in him, or quite how she feels (she doesn't seem all that grateful about the fact she's literally mooching off him after all, with an allowance even), but he's never shown any attraction to her at all.
>>
>>154867983
Alright. I'm sorry dude, I'm an anime only casual with KonoSuba.
>>
>“He used to only have three women in his life, but now that he’s become rich and famous it seems like more and more women are interested in him. I won’t let some random woman to take him away from me”
>Chris’ face started glowing and she retaliated quickly
>“hmm, I hear that you’ve been really close with him recently. Do you like him? How much do you like him? Can you answer my question?”
>“I do like Kazuma, if you want to know how much then I’ll tell you”
>Chris’ face became deep red and she looked surprised
>“When I first met him I thought he was a strange perv, but I found out that he was actually a reliable person and knows how to help other people. My affection for him grew over time and now I consider him to be the most important >person in my life. He’s just as important to me as explosion magic”
>“so, so this is how you feel huh. I didn’t expect you to declare your feelings so boldly… I don’t know how I can respond to that.”
>It seems like she added tiny bit of respect to her voice.
>“Now that you understand my feelings, I hope you understand that I must crush potential rivals as early as possible. So answer me truthfully, are you and Kazuma really just friends?”
>“Yes! We’re really just friends, don’t look at me like that! Time to go case the Benaim place”
>Chris ran away before she finished talking
>I left the guild shortly after.

After reading this if they don't get in a relationship by the next Megumin volume (probably Vol 11), I'm buying the first ticket to Japan to strangle the author.
>>
>>154862264
Where is this from?
>>
>>154856332
There is when that's all you shipfags want to make a series about.
>>
>>154868704
She is been doing that for a while, Megumin drops a bomb and the next day she is back to her usual self. Don't get too hyped.
>>
>>154868881
What the hell is the author thinking ? Will the LN sales drop if Kazuma and Megumin get in a relationship ? There are plenty of popular series where the MC gets with the heroine, the most obvious example is SAO .
>>
>>154869303
I don't know, it's hard to tell since konosuba is supposed to be a comedy so maybe Kazuma will end fucking things over.
Megumin is serious about her feelings but she is doing a crappy job with being in charge of the relationship while Kazuma wouldn't even dare to hold her hand without spilling spaghetti for 2 chapters.
>>
>>154829372
Is this show worth picking up just for her?

Every other time I tried to watch a show because I liked one of the girls, the show ended up being horrible.
>>
>>154829416
fpbp

>>154829372
>he just gets caught up in her mood when she flirts with him since he's weak to it
What is this, Pokemon?
>>
>>154870293
she's good but the show's good too
>>
What do you think you could do if Megumin confessed to you? You'd be completely defenceless and be forced to marry her immediately
>>
>>154870480
i'm gay but would do it if it made her happy
>>
>>154870293
The show is pretty good. If it doesn't grab you in the first two episodes, it is a lost cause for you.

If it grabs you, welcome to the club buddy.
>>
>>154857488
It teaches us that love =/= lust.

You can lust after the girls with the sexy bodies and big breasts, doesn't mean that they are good to be in a relationship with.
>>
>>154867593
She was pissed Kazuma brought up that Yunyun's breasts are larger than her. He at no point expressed he was attracted to Yunyun.
>>
>>154829372
do girls really drink milk to make their boobs big?
>>
>>154831847
Side chick
>>
>>154872478

In the bath he did, since she was in his strike zone.
>>
>>154833296
Is this fucking cold reading?

"When you're in a good mood you're nice and in a bad mood you're mean. You're sometimes nice but also sometimes selfish. You seem smart, but sometimes do stupid things."

This is every personality test result ever written.
>>
>>154832549
Eh, that picture can be summed up as "Good ending" vs "Bad Ending" or "Takeru's actual choice" vs. "Player's choice based on their limited knowledge of Takeru's life only played out in distorted flashbacks and they realize they fucked up when they pick this girl."
>>
>>154829372
This.

Kazuma deserves Axis, he's a piece of shit with only a few redeeming qualities. Magumin and Darkness are both outstanding catches, if it weren't for the former's obsession with explosive magic and the latter's rampant masochism. They deserve better.
>>
>>154872531
When I was growing up I did, it didn't work. Damn my Asian genes.
>>
>154873385

I think the aspect of your genes most responsible for your current breast size would be the Y chromosome.
>>
>>154873317
>Kazuma deserves Axis, he's a piece of shit with only a few redeeming qualities.

Please, he's nowhere near that bad.

He gave up 2 BILLION Eris for Darkness and could barely even stand it when she was in trouble.

For all his complaining, he'll regularly step into danger if someone is kind enough to ask him to. He's turned down quest rewards plenty of times because he thought his party didn't deserve them. He was willing to face the Dullahan alone to make up for Megumin's actions and even accepted her explosion insanity rather than getting her to learn anything else, etcetc.

About the worst you can say for him is that he's a pervert and can be pretty damn rude when he wants to be.
>>
>>154869303
>Will the LN sales drop if Kazuma and Megumin get in a relationship ?
>will the sales drop if the most popular character is happy?
The answer is no, but a relationship would only get in the way of comedy so it can only happen at the end.
>>
>>154873558
Right now, the romance aspect is way more frustrating than funny, and is cliché af, while Konosuba is a series that is aware of cliches and tries to avoid them.

A relationship, if played well, won't ruin the comedic aspect of the series.
>>
>>154872832
Good thing I'm not the only one who thinks that way.
Megumin's confession is really shitty if you come to think about it, she doesn't know how to put her feelings into words. No wonder why Kazuma didn't have much to reply when she threw that at him.
I got pissed when I read it because I heard people saying it was very cute but instead it looked like it was taken from the horoscope section of a newspaper.
I know Konosuba is supposed to be mostly comedy and satire, but I expected a bit more since the author is a woman.
>>
>>154829722
>>154829416
A mediocre comedy anime has bad drama writing? Surely you jest anons!
>>
>>154873546
He does have redeeming qualities, but he has redeeming qualities the same way aqua does.

They both have this vaneer of shit covering a core of gold, but that vaneer is pretty thick sometimes.
>>
File: IMG_3332.jpg (289KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3332.jpg
289KB, 1280x720px
Reminder of Megumin's true character and it's consequences.
>>
>>154873385
But are you a girl?
>>
>>154852526
>ow, this day has finally arrived.
WOW WOW WOW WOW STOP THAT RIGHT THERE
>>
>>154867622
>However Kazuma and Aqua act like a couple already a decently amount of the time and know each other the best
What the fuck, they don't act like a couple at all.
>>
>>154873724
Konosuba has never avoided cliches, it plays them out with a straight face and later subverts them as parody.
>>
>>154831847
She's the mistress because it was an arranged marriage.
>>
>people are still taking Kazuma's words as absolute truth for their arguments
He's the most unreliable narrator I've seen in a very long time. Also, 99% of you are reading a japanese to chinese to ESL dry translation and taking all it says at face value. It's not bad, don't get me wrong, but there's so much nuance lost I won't even begin explaining it.
Romance is played for laughs. Stop comparing it to stories where relationship drama is the focus.
>>
>>154877137

Kazuma literally narrates in his head that a lot of what happens romantically involving him is cliche af and tries to navigate them like he's in a game. Or considers the flags, etc. in a dating sim when he thinks things over. He is 100% aware of this issue.
>>
>>154873724
>the romance aspect is way more frustrating than funny
Because your preferred girl isn't winning, of course.
>>
>>154877851

And who is winning again?
>>
>>154877105

Everyone says this any man/woman pair that aren't fucking or trying to kill each other.

Just ignore it.
>>
>>154877105
I've never understood why people say this either. He literally beats on her.
>>
>>154878108
Projecting
>>
>>154878123
I guess so. I mean I love Aqua too, but Aquafriends need to accept she isn't meant to be that kind of character. I don't know why they want her to be a generic first girl anyway.
>>
>>154877823
Of course he is, that's what I said, that konosuba plays cliches in a straight way, it doesn't even try to hide it.
>>
>>154878212
Shipping and self-inserting is a dangerous combination. Also what the fuck, why would any Aqua fan would want her to destroy her character making her ``win''
>>
>>154877105

You can say that to every main girl
>>
>>154873385
pls be my flat gf
>>
>>154878357
I always see some of them try to explain why she isn't a dumb asshole and I'm just like, why do you even like her then? Her being the opposite of the generic first girl archetype is why she's good.
>>
>>154878427
That's besides the point.

Your reply is that of a bad loser who can't accept that Aqua (and specially her) has no fucking chance of winning, and that they don't act as a couple at all.
>>
>>154878807

>besides the point

You're the one who are always bringing that non-issue.
>>
This thread is proof that shipping sucks.
>>
>>154878595
This. Aqua is the perfect goddess who turns out to be retarded and the direct cause to every problem in the world. Darkness is the prim and proper noble knight lady who turns out to be a hardcore masochist and can't fight for shit. And Megumin is the token autistic loli mage who actually becomes the main love interest.
Everyone was pretty ok with this before the anime S2, but man just look at this thread now
>>
File: 1488763690317.jpg (202KB, 967x1094px) Image search: [Google]
1488763690317.jpg
202KB, 967x1094px
What the hell is even the point of this.
Just rape them all into submission.
Harem ending to bust.
>>
>>154879030
Only if you bet on the losing horse.
>>
>>154831649

>filename

I'm sorry I laughed but LMAO
>>
>>154878357
>why would any Aqua fan would want her to destroy her character making her ``win''
It's the lesser evil
Megumin's romance has been mostly devoid of comedy so far and Darkness has zero non-sexual chemistry with Kazuma.
Aqua and Kazuma's dysfunctional relationship was the main draw to the series for me. I wouldn't expect them to ever start acting "lovey-dovey", but a subtle romance between two abrasive assholes could be done well
>>
File: 61667286_p0.png (25KB, 290x456px) Image search: [Google]
61667286_p0.png
25KB, 290x456px
>>154881075
>Aqua and Kazuma's dysfunctional relationship was the main draw to the series for me, so making them fall in love is the lesser evil
Mental gymnastics
>>
File: Why We Watch Kono Suba.webm (3MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
Why We Watch Kono Suba.webm
3MB, 960x540px
>>154878807
>Your reply is that of a bad loser who can't accept that Aqua (and specially her) has no fucking chance of winning, and that they don't act as a couple at all.

It's scenes like this that make you want them get together. They play off each other really well, to the point where the show would be just fine if Darkness and Megumin weren't major characters.
>>
>>154881221

Anime only scene.

Although, the Cafe scene with Mitsubishi was pretty okay too.
>>
>>154881221
>why we watch kono suba.webm
>this entire post
read the lns
>>
>>154881209
It's certainly preferable over having to read any more of the spaghetti-filled romance with Megumin that seems to progressively turn Kazuma into a standard beta MC
>>
File: 1490106906287.jpg (568KB, 877x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1490106906287.jpg
568KB, 877x1920px
>>154875057
>"I challenge you, Megumin! Whoever makes the most anon cum wins!"

>"Oh? getting cocky are we? Just because you ascended to adulthood first-"
>"I-I'm confident that i can win again! Prepare yourself!"

>"Insolent fool! I, You are getting ahead of yourself YunYun!
>"You may have the body but i have the technique! You will never win against me! ha-ha-ha!"

>"Alright then, here are the rules, 20 should be enough and-
>"OK! I'm going! don't back out now Megumin!
>"Oi wait! i haven't-"
Is it happening?
>>
File: 1487929953582.png (859KB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
1487929953582.png
859KB, 1136x640px
>>154881529
my negro
>>
>All of the aqua fags are anime onlys who want to push their shitty headcanon
>>
>>154878998
>You're the one who are always bringing that non-issue.
What? That was my first reply. The post said something completely stupid, that Kazuma and Aqua act like a couple, and you for no reason at all come and say that it applies to every girl, like a bad loser trying to bring everyone down with him.
>>
File: 9.jpg (81KB, 640x460px) Image search: [Google]
9.jpg
81KB, 640x460px
Shipping is cancer, i just wanna see them do fun and weird things without focusing too much on romance
>>
>>154881947
>shitty headcanon
Still mad dude, I'm not the only who who think Anime is way better than LN because anime is fun but also free of "muh romance".
>>
>>154881529
>Having these two people who don't like each other romantically at all and shouldn't ever be in a relationship, becoming a couple and acting out of character is better than the natural progression of Kazuma getting together with Megumin

No, you're fucking delusional. Also Kazuma acting beta and dropping spaghetti while trying to outplay the cliches is also part of the parody.
>>
>>154882129
>>154882057
Then don't read the LNs and stop shitposting about it, as easy as that.

It's okay to not like something, but stop trying to push your taste into the source material.
>>
>>154882057
I'm kind of glad that happened because the WHAT ARE YOU DOING WITH DARKNESS joke got old a while ago.
>>
>>154881529

This guy knows what's up
>>
>>154882209
>>154881757

>(You)
>>
>>154882168

>implying that's the only thing darkness do

speedreaders everyone
>>
>>154882275
This thread is full of aquafags who speedread the LNs only to complain about Megumin.

What did you expect.
>>
>>154882257
Calm down dude, seems like you're really mad
>>
>>154882275
What are you even talking about, did you read my post?

I didn't say that was the only thing Darkness did, I said that the joke of "Whoops! Kazuma's not actually being perverted but wacky hijinks happen to make it look like he is!" was kind of old and the whole "joke" of the scene that starts from >>154882057 is that Megumin and Aqua say "What the fuck are you idiots talking about, we've been together long enough to understand the circumstances of what happened and not overreact"
>>
>>154882324
I'm not mad, I'm just pointing out that you're replying to yourself.

Unless there is more than one retard that actually thinks that shipping Aqua and Kazuma is not the worst that could happen to the series.
>>
>>154882275
>>154882348
>ESLs in charge of reading comprehension
wew
>>
>>154882318
>aquafags
no one is talking about aqua
>complain about Megumin.
No the others dudes, but I complain about the LN
>inb4 some shit about stop reading even when I already read the whole LN.
>>
In case anyone's confused

>>154882057 shows a bunch of stuff happening in vol 9 ch (2 or 3 or something, don't specifically remember)

kazuma ordered a mythirl rope so that his bind skill would be better, and darkness begs him to use it on her because she's a dumb masochist

she gets off to it more than usual and they don't want to seem weird so they hide in a closet to avoid aqua and megumin, and then kazuma has to help darkness go to the bathroom because she's still bound and then when megumin and aqua find out they say "you could have just explained it in the first place"
>>
>>154882433
>no one is talking about aqua
Please read the last 20 posts anon

>No the others dudes, but I complain about the LN
If you don't like romance simply don't read the LN. It's okay if you didn't expect it from watching the anime, but stop complaining about it, it's annoying (not to mention unwarranted, as it's still light hearted and they only occasionally go into it).
>>
>>154882131
>Also Kazuma acting beta and dropping spaghetti while trying to outplay the cliches is also part of the parody.
>lampshading a terrible trope makes it OK to play straight
He's turning into an indecisive bitch
>>
>>154882402
>shipping Aqua and Kazuma is not the worst that could happen to the series.

Maybe is the worst that could happen to your ego.
>>
>>154882519
Konosuba plays all it's tropes in a straight way.

Like how Kazuma actually does have an incredibly strong party like other Isekai MCs do, and he does have a broken skill himself (his insane luck) like Isekai MCs usually do too.

The comedy is more about how bad all these turn out, even if they're literally the same tropes.

>He's turning into an indecisive bitch
Only regarding romance, which is not even the focus, calm down.
>>
>>154882586
Aquafags are fucking delusional.

I don't even know if I can call you an aquafag if you actually want her to get into a relationship, one of the best things about her is how she's not a fucking love interest, shipping her with Kazuma means you don't actually like her character.
>>
File: 1490109540293.png (360KB, 763x897px) Image search: [Google]
1490109540293.png
360KB, 763x897px
>>154879030
>Meguminfags ship
>Aquafags counter ship
>Meguminfags eat the bait and gets mad
>Aquafags shittalking the LN
>Meguminfags try to counter attack
>Aquafags do a shameless samefagin
>Meguminfags gets even more mad
>Aquafags leave the thread.

It's hilarious actually
>>
>>154829372
Contrary to popular belief opposites do not make the best couples. The best couples are usually 2 people of similar beliefs and personalities.

Watch Konosuba again and ask yourself who Kazuma seems to agree with and generally cooperate with the best.
>>
File: 1489705391687.png (544KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1489705391687.png
544KB, 1280x720px
>>154882824
I like Aqua.
I also think Aqua is too good for Kazuma.
and I am here to piss you off.

Good night dude.
>>
>>154883080
>I also think Aqua is too good for Kazuma.
>>
>>154882917

>Aquafags do a shameless samefagin

literally didn't happen
>>
File: Screenshot_20170321-234617.png (3MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170321-234617.png
3MB, 1440x2560px
I want to impregnate the lich
>>
File: file.png (947KB, 881x1252px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
947KB, 881x1252px
>>154883207
You're too late anon.
>>
File: 1484795399321.jpg (87KB, 752x1031px) Image search: [Google]
1484795399321.jpg
87KB, 752x1031px
>>154882957

Eris?

It sure as fuck isn't Megumin.

I'm the one who started this thread and it's insane how everyone seems to think that just because I doubt Kazuma/Megumin will happen or stay together, that I ship him with Aqua.

I'd much prefer him with a girl that'd bring out his gentler/protective side myself, Yunyun or Eris, maybe Iris. I damn sure don't think Kazuma/Aqua would be anything but a disaster.

I wouldn't even mind him with Megumin, I just think the Author has set it up so he'll fuck up and Megumin will dump him. He'll get his first kiss, but it'll be a goodbye kiss.

I would love to be wrong; I'd potentially drop the series depending how it happened.
>>
>>154883499
>Kazuma does stuff with loli succ who (at least sort of) looks like megumin
>Megumin has a crush on masked thief, who's just kazuma in a mask
>>
>>154883499

>I just think the Author has set it up so he'll fuck up and Megumin will dump him

That's what we've been saying the whole thread and Megumemers just ignore it
>>
>>154883595
Doesn't Kazuma always asks for busty onee-sans in his dreams, though?
>>
>>154883595

Kazuma has no specific interest in the younger suc, beyond protecting her from the trouble he brought her way. He fucks Darkness in his dreams.

No one doubts that Megumin's got a thing for Kazuma, she literally confessed her love for him
>>
>>154883629
Have you guys even read the LN. She is completely dependent of him and Kazuma already shown his worst side to her already. Megumin dropping him off is zero percent.
>>
>>154883499
Eris and Kazuma aren't that similar
Kazuma's lazy, impatient with his party, and has little desire to defeat the demon king
Eris is always working, inhumanly patient with Aqua, and appears to have a strong desire to fix Fantasy Australia
Kazuma undoubtedly admires Eris's qualities, but that doesn't mean he can remotely match them

I believe the anon you replied to was referring to Aqua, as she's a lazy drunkard that generally wants to live the easy life, she even gives up on wanting to defeat the demon king later on
>>
>>154883695

Aqua knows everything about Kazuma since she's the goddess that resurrected him. It's either Kazuma undergoes some character development and dumps her or it's the other way around for maintaining a quite stupid status quo. Either way it'll be a trainwreck
>>
>>154883080
>literally debt making machine
No thanks. I like my money.
>>
>>154882057

Yeah, I prefer this too. I just want those four idiots cause trouble and have fun. I want Kazuma to bully Eris.
>>
>>154883910
Read the LN my dude.
>>
>>154883666
>He fucks Darkness in his dreams.
He has ``fucked'' everyone but Aqua, man. Please read the LN.
>>
>>154883910

Fucking hell. Megumin knows Kazuma won't change. He even says himself that he won't change. He even told Megumin plainly that he is going to visit Succubus shop the day after she confessed. He is supposed to be asshole, money-grabbing bastard. Konosuba is comedy not standard isekai LN. He is supposed to be very flawed. Other girls are too. Aqua basically performs pyramid scheme. Megumin is addicted to Explosions and Darkness tried to prevent these three from hurting her noble reputation and use Kazuma for M.
>>
>>154883595

>Megumin has a crush on masked thief

Not him specifically, it's being a fan towards the thief duo of Eris and Kazuma.
>>
>>154884295

Explosion Vol 4 Ch 5
>>
>>154850129

She is his best bro. Would you fuck your bro?
>>
File: 09.png (1MB, 1167x1400px) Image search: [Google]
09.png
1MB, 1167x1400px
>>154884295
The silver-haired person that was called boss was fine person, anyhow, I liked her energetic mood and honest attitude.

The problem was the masked man.

That person wore a replica of Vanir’s mask… Well, it’s not like I care about how others think, but I can’t help but feel a sense of security when I’m around him, even though that was the first time we’ve met.

There was also that mask that symbolized the righteous duty of the thieving group.

—I was lovestruck.

Someone who could excite my heartstrings to this extent was definitely not an ordinary person.
>>
>>154862264

Well, at least Megumin VN was nice enough to voice confession even if we don't get season 3.
>>
>>154884398
>>154884451

Spin-offs are always irrelevant to the direction of the main LN.
>>
>>154884567

Spinoff is mentioned heavily in Vol 10. It is technically "spinoff", but it is intertwined with main story so much that it is part of main at this point. Seriously, just read Vol 10. You have no idea what they are talking about in first chapter of Vol 10 until you read explosion vol 4.
>>
>>154884657

No one doubts that Megumin loves Kazuma since she already confessed. Even if you made a hundred spinoffs, all it does is add cosmetic value to the x = 1 = love kazuma, that all of us already know that's why it's irrelevant
>>
>>154884567
How to spot a secondary
>>
>>154884818

How to spot a Megumemer
>>
>>154884151

I've read all the LN to current. I don't remember it ever being stayed he's used anyone but Darkness and intended to use the busty succubus "girl".

He hasn't used Aqua, but please, when has he ever used Megumin?
>>
>>154884795

Your point was spinoff was irrelevant. I did not say anything about romance. I was saying spinoff is essential in understanding the story. You are diverting from topic.
>>
>>154884567

Man, I hate that shit. I don't want to have to read 4 fucking Megumin books just to get the full story of what's happening in Konosuba. I don't like Megumin that much and she seems FAR worse to downright Mary Sue from what I've seen of her spin offs.

And now there's one for Wiz and Vanir. Great. Just great.

Are they at least written by the same author?
>>
>>154829372

Why did shipping wars get so toxic? Yes, I prefer Megumin but it is not like other girls are bad.
>>
>>154885295
Now that something is popular you aren't allowed to like it anymore
>>
>>154885284

It isn't that bad. Yes, it is written by same author. "Spinoff" means "non-Kazuma MC" and the spinoffs are stories without Kazuma. You can ignore Explosion 1~3 since it is prequel, but it is essential in understanding origin of conflict in Vol 9.
>>
>>154885284
This is very weak bait.
>>
>>154882917
>>
>>154885284

But, you know, Konosuba is not heavy in story anyways. You don't have to read them. It enhances the main story, but you can ignore spinoffs.
>>
>>154885295
The anime. The pre-anime threads were super comfy and pretty much nobody really complained about anything.
>>
>>154885411
S2, you mean.
>>
>>154885284

Reading more optional content is always good because why not, right? But going so far as to say that it has even a single element that can influence anything in the main LN is ridiculous. A spinoff is a spinoff, let's not use it for speculations.
>>
>>154885433
More like the last half of season 2. I don't know why it got so bad suddenly.
>>
>>154885533

It got too popular for its own good.
>>
>>154885380

It's my honest feelings. If that's somehow baiting to you, then you're far too sensitive.

Why would you be surprised someone doesn't want to read extra crap to follow the main story?

Maybe it's just a LN thing, Danmachi is telling me the same thing "Gotta buy these books too if you want to know anything about Ais! Just cause she's the love interest doesn't mean she gets any development in the actual books! :^)"

So I know nothing about Ais and it annoys me. Feels like a cheap cash grab.
>>
>>154885533

Nothing else to talk about while we wait
>>
>>154885705
It's just more books. Would you prefer "volume 10.5" instead? What the fuck is your problem.
>>
>>154885705
>cheap cash grab.
All the spin offs except the last chapter of the last spin-off are published free on the web you dumb idiot
>>
>>154885738
Maybe when the next Continued chapter gets translated it'll go back to normal.
>>
>>154885856
>heavy Megumin x Kazuma chapter
Yes, it'll go back to normal alright.
>>
So many negative emotions ITT! Delicious!
>>
File: 1489829462677.png (179KB, 434x476px) Image search: [Google]
1489829462677.png
179KB, 434x476px
>>154882917
>>
>>154885847

I did not know that, that's nice then.
>>
>>154885411
I couldn't find any long pre-anime threads, but I found the one for the first episode leak/volume 6
https://boards.fireden.net/a/thread/136049373/

Was pretty chill.
>>
>>154885880
I doubt most of the people who read them are in these threads when there's nothing to talk about.
>>
File: kazumakazuma.jpg (39KB, 843x474px) Image search: [Google]
kazumakazuma.jpg
39KB, 843x474px
KAZUMA KAZUMA
>>
File: CclbGfMWEAATzuu.jpg (27KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
CclbGfMWEAATzuu.jpg
27KB, 600x338px
>>154888020
Hai, Kazuma-des.
>>
File: rwfmASd.jpg (111KB, 1000x871px) Image search: [Google]
rwfmASd.jpg
111KB, 1000x871px
>>154888071
Let's go blow up something!
>>
File: ok.png (162KB, 385x360px) Image search: [Google]
ok.png
162KB, 385x360px
>>154888309
>>
File: IMG_0277.png (248KB, 652x624px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0277.png
248KB, 652x624px
>ending of the LN
>party dies defeating the demon lord (comedically)
>Kazuma is reincarnated back on Earth with a cute little sister and beautiful older sister like he kept badgering Eris to do
>except the little sister is obsessed with explosions and the older sister is a hardcore M
>author's face when
>>
>>154883080
You have a very poor understanding of what "being mad" is.

Your bait is simply very weak.
>>
I'm so hype for today's episode, I wonder what they'll come up with after that Alcanretia shitstorm.
>>
>>154890877
> today's episode
Next episod will never happen.
>>
>>154890993

Well not with that attitude.
>>
>>154890877
Dude...
>>
>>154833296

>“If you’re in debt then you’ll work hard, if you’re wealthy then you’ll stop working. If you’re in a good mood you’ll be gentle, if you’re in a bad mood then you’ll be vicious. You seem to think about your companions, but at the same time you’ll won’t hesitate to give your party members the short straw. Even though you seem really smart and flexible, sometimes you’ll do some unimaginably dumb things…”

>true neutral.jpg
>>
>>154851422
To be honest Kazuma is acting like any guy the first time he gets a girlfriend. Specially a teen aged guy. I have been there too.
>>
please euthanize this thread
>>
>>154839686

That seems more like him being set in how he feels about her. If she got more serious, and she is actually capable of doing that, things would change. But with the dynamic the group has and the ways these things go, Megumin will be the only one with the "capacity" to really change. It's sad when an author traps characters in memes, comedy or not.

It's like how Shirou from Fate refused to see Sakura as anything but Shinji's sister or a kouhai, despite the relationship they had, perception can trump reality. But then again, that was kinda different.
>>
>>154829372
Cow tits like that are gross.
>>
File: 1480038913847.png (199KB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
1480038913847.png
199KB, 720x404px
>>154846624
>tfw you'll never have THIS.
why even live, I just hope that when I die I meet a godess that sends me to the konosuba world.
>>
File: 1488062212427.jpg (80KB, 766x960px) Image search: [Google]
1488062212427.jpg
80KB, 766x960px
Mfw no new episode today
Thread posts: 464
Thread images: 75

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.