[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can someone tell me straight up whether or not the Sibyl System

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: PSYCHO-PASS.full.1971639.jpg (1MB, 1400x1369px) Image search: [Google]
PSYCHO-PASS.full.1971639.jpg
1MB, 1400x1369px
Can someone tell me straight up whether or not the Sibyl System gets destroyed in Psycho Pass season 2 or in the movie? I heard season 2 is shit, so if I don't have the destruction of Sibyl to look forward to, I'm not gonna bother with it.
>>
Why would the Sibyl system be abolished?

Also, S2 was written by a different writer before the movie was done, so it had to be written in such a way that there wouldn't be any chance of an inconsistency with the movie - that's one of the reasons some people think it's shit.
>>
>>154739211
The Sibyl System simply has too much power and control to be trusted unless it is literally perfect, which it clearly isn't, and has no potential to be due to it's nature. Modern government may have far more problems than Sibyl, but in a system as powerful as Sibyl, any problem that exists is far worse due to it's inability to be policed. I take this to mean Sibyl doesn't get destroyed? I'm definitely not going to bother watching anymore then, the whole concept disgusts me.
>>
>>154739438
>the whole concept disgusts me.
Welcome to dystopia.
>>
>>154739501
You're totally right, but the question was why would the Sibyl system be abolished, I was simply answering that.
>>
>>154739598
The thing is, as bad as the system is, it's better than the alternative. That's the reality you have to accept in Psycho Pass. Japan is pretty much the only place that isn't chaos and anarchy. The movie is about another country voluntarily opting to adopt the Sybil system in order to restore their society.
>>
>>154739704
Is this only established in the movie? Because in season 1, it's said that if Makishima successfully poisons the food supply for Japan, they would be forced to import from offshore. However, I don't get how that would be possible if the rest of the world is anarchy.
>>
>>154739811
Makishima's only goal was the destruction of the Sybil Society. He didn't care if people suffered or not. You might have noticed how he was a rather cruel person.

And no, it was established earlier, though I can't pinpoint exactly when. It's been a while since I watched the anime.
>>
>>154739899
Makishima's cruelty isn't the point, Kogami said explicitly that Japan would have to import food if Makishima was successful. I believe it was during his conversation with his psychology teacher before going after Makishima.
>>
>>154739986
Yes, the plan would have worked.
Sybil society would have collapsed.
Everybody would suffer.

Akane explicitly states in S1 that she does not want to shut down the system because there is no alternative to it.
>>
>>154740055
No, what I'm asking is how could they import food if the rest of the world is in anarchy, that's what has me confused.
>>
>>154740134
It's not all anarchy, it's just north African conditions.
>>
>>154740177
Well I have to say, personally, that's still preferable to the Sibyl System. At least that has the chance to change eventually, so humanity won't be locked into a decline as slaves to a computer forever. Honestly, I really get behind Makishima, he's the only one trying to do what has to be done, even if he's irredeemable as a person.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.