[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dragon Ball Super

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 512
Thread images: 115

File: SSG Vegeta.jpg (225KB, 896x655px) Image search: [Google]
SSG Vegeta.jpg
225KB, 896x655px
>tfw canon
>>
File: SSG Vegetto.png (409KB, 1024x1080px) Image search: [Google]
SSG Vegetto.png
409KB, 1024x1080px
Leave Zamasu to me!
>>
>>154677317
Neat
I mean if he achieved SSB it would make sense he can go SSG too.
>>
>>154677317
So whats the excuse for not having trunks do the ritual when he was in the past timeline?
>>
>>154677317
Will Jobhan become a super sand god too?
>>
>>154677317
Did vegeta do the ritual or did he acquire this by himself?
>>
>>154677317
Why did he job to hit when he can go ssg in the first place?
>>
File: cell's origin story.jpg (76KB, 500x547px) Image search: [Google]
cell's origin story.jpg
76KB, 500x547px
Soon
>>
>>154677486
because he didn't thought about it, he didn't warm up and he didn't knew anything about hit
fucking use your heads you fucking bunch of retards
>>
"in the manga"
>>
>>154677458
>>154677486
Perhaps he learned to internalize his God Ki control to the point he went from Blue to Red?
It could have been his technique he worked on in the RoSaT
>>
>>154677426
I would like to see Gohan go Super Saiyan God. Need to bring that form back.
>>
>>154677531
>because he didn't thought about it, he didn't warm up and he didn't knew anything about hit
>fucking use your heads you fucking bunch of retards
>Shit writing
>MAKE UP A HEADCANON THAT MAKES SENSE
ok
>>
>>154677545
>Perhaps he learned to internalize his God Ki control to the point he went from Blue to Red
No... You don't go from blue to red.
>>
>>154677531
Shit made no sense and vegeta knew about the ssblue drawback stop making excuses for this kindergarten tier writing
>>
He just mastered it in his latest training retards.
>>
>canon
Where?
>>
>>154677426
You'd think they would do it given there's a universe threatening tournament coming up but you know they won't.

The ritual is the dumbest shit since it implies literally any Saiyan in U7 can level up to god mode so why haven't they?
>>
>>154677616
>source my ass
>>
File: SSG.png (477KB, 886x879px) Image search: [Google]
SSG.png
477KB, 886x879px
>>154677576
>No... You don't go from blue to red.
Who knows, perhaps he learned how to consolidate his innate God Ki to that frequency.
He did participate in the ritual, perhaps that's enough to tap into the same frequency?
>>
The Saiyan prince has his rematch!
>>
File: 1479095515962.jpg (39KB, 478x734px) Image search: [Google]
1479095515962.jpg
39KB, 478x734px
>>154677486
>tfw to smart too win

will punch the dense retards who points out the purposeful mistake
>>
>>154677685
Stop being a moron. Last chapter ends with him finishing training and being confident
Suddenly, he now has SSG!

Doesn't take a genius. All it takes is common sense.
>>
>>154677683
>The ritual is the dumbest shit since it implies literally any Saiyan in U7 can level up to god mode so why haven't they?
Toryiama said in an interview goku is a genuis so he managed to make the power of the ritual its own. So even if the ritual works on the others its not certain that they can keep it.
For shorts it the goku and vegeta show
>>
>>154677317

>mango
>canon

lel
>>
>>154677714
>Stop being a moron.
>Doesn't take a genius. All it takes is common sense.
>implying he obtained blue before red
Fuck right off you shithead
>>
>>154677689
>this much headcanon
Why?
>>
>>154677750
jfc, why do I even bother with you dipshits. Fine, enjoy looking like a dumbass when it's revealed I'm right when the leaks arrive.
>>
>>154677793
because it's fun to speculate.
>>
>>154677722
Fucking Toriyama man, he always seems to clarify how things work in god damn interviews instead of in the actual content he creates. I know he just makes shit up as he goes along but a little bit of planning ahead wouldn't kill him I'm sure.
>>
>>154677813
>because it's fun to speculate.
No this always leads to braindead headcanons which is a major problem in this fanbase.
>>
File: SSG Vegetto 2.png (332KB, 685x1167px) Image search: [Google]
SSG Vegetto 2.png
332KB, 685x1167px
>>154677403
>>
File: RAUGHS.jpg (49KB, 660x330px) Image search: [Google]
RAUGHS.jpg
49KB, 660x330px
>>154677816
fuck ya bugah boy

go watch garge luukass star wars with all the planning if you want or go try suppaheroes movies with all nerd planning schedule
>>
File: IMG_3947.png (33KB, 426x568px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3947.png
33KB, 426x568px
>>154677317
so this leads us to God being stronger than Blue, right? i don't understand why they would even use Blue in this case. maybe if it was stronger but hurt you like a kaioken but it seems to be null in void.

>tfw its all just for games and toy sales but you just want an explanation
>>
>>154677738
Shitposting as usual, I see.
>>
>>154677892
>No this always leads to braindead headcanons
What more do you expect until there's further leaks? The posts I made clearly stated "perhaps" at the beginning of each post, no one is forced to believe anything.
>>
File: C5pFCn0UsAISTe.jpg (30KB, 479x359px) Image search: [Google]
C5pFCn0UsAISTe.jpg
30KB, 479x359px
How would Vegeta obtain SSB without first attaining SSG at some point? Or have I been mistaken in thinking that SSB is just using SSJ while in God form? I'm so fucking confused.
>>
>>154677916
>so this leads us to God being stronger than Blue, right?
No. Its just energy wise red doesnt drain as much power as blue.
Blue>red power
Red>blue effectiveness
>>
>>154677953
>Red>blue efficiency
fix'd
>>
>>154677939
It's not confusing at all. He has Blue, so he has God.
>>
Raws fucking where
>>
>>154677939
My problem as well.

>>154677953
Then why not just always go red?
>>
>>154678005
>Then why not just always go red?
Because blue is stronger
>>
>>154678005
Why ever go SSJ3?
>>
>>154677939
You've got me

I thought the whole point of Red was that it was a fake thing that just becomes your base form.
Then Blue was just God Ki + SSJ

Now apparently Goku is a dopey mortal who can then become a super mortal who can become a god who can become a super god

and Vegeta is a mortal who can become a super god
>>
tfw still waiting for a based anon for full raws
>>
>>154678019
So, as I thought, God > Super Saiyan. But Blue is God + Super Saiyan. This makes it a point of why would they bother going Red God?
>>
>>154677921
In denial as usual as expected
There are two continuities
>>
>>154678020
You wouldn't.
SSJ3 has always just been a trap option that Goku found because his dead dick was free to stretch in ways it couldn't irl

it is never used to any effect ever
>>
>>154678052
>This makes it a point of why would they bother going Red God?
Perhaps what you lack in raw power output like SSB, SSG has good stamina efficiency and maybe even some regenerative properties?
>>
>>154678052
>This makes it a point of why would they bother going Red God?
Because blue has a drawback. Do you even read the manga?
>>
>>154677317
What's even the point if SSB is stronger?
>>
>>154677317
What is even the point turning ssg when blue is better?
>>
>>154677486
Because toyble is a hack.
>>
>I'm going to bitch and moan about how the chapter sucks despite only seeing 2 pages of it

I hate this fanbase. You fuckers do this every month.
>>
Idiots fucking everywhere.

Blue is stronger than red. Period.

In the manga, Goku goes from SSJ, to Red, to Blue, while fighting hit.

In the anime, Red is called "Super Saiyan God", but it's basically base form with God Ki, which is perfect ki control.

It was specifically stated in the anime that SS Blue is A Super Saiyan God, that has become a Super Saiyan. Therefore, it is Super Saiyan with God Ki (perfect Ki control).
>>
>>154678052
>>154678078
Red doesn't have any healing properties in the manga or the movie, only in the episodes.
Maybe it's something they wanted to add in or something they needed to spike drama.

All we know for certainly sure, until they do it again or fucking talk about it, is that Red is just a casual base form power up that doesn't require any stamina, power drop, or whatever the fuck is holding all the Z warriors back constantly.

Meanwhile going Blue is all pluses til you drop out of it and suddenly your power level is cut to 1/10th or something

>>154678131
tl;dr because stronk w/o penalties

With all this form bullshit constantly I really miss Frieza
>>
>>154678092
But what is the drawback? I read it and it's kind of vague. They don't appear to be under the same strain as Kaioken. Or even much of a strain at all.
>>
File: 1397430392615.png (96KB, 319x351px) Image search: [Google]
1397430392615.png
96KB, 319x351px
Why is SSG stronger than SSB when SSB is the super saiyan form of SSG?
>>
>>154678024
Wait is that not the explanation anymore?
>>
>>154678131
Ther isn't any.
If the opponent is strong enough you can fight him as a SSJG there is no reason to not use SSB and finish him right off the bat.
>>
>>154678164
>I read it and it's kind of vague.
No its not its pretty clear re read chapter 13
>>
>>154678178
Because you can't read
>>
>>154678146
HOL UP
you be sayin
SSG3 is posible
YOU
BE
SAYIN
SSG3KK IS POSSIBLE?
>>
>>154678208
Sure why not. I don't see why we wouldn't see a SSB2 or 3 at some point if Toriyama runs out of ideas.
>>
>>154678146
to be fair in the anime they just become retarded and don't explain shit

>Red form seems to give infinite ki to draw on, regeneration and space breathing(lol jk saiyans could always breathe in space)
>oops looks like you're still as strong as red even though it turned off!
>go train in this dimension where you keep all your ki jizz inside you
>now we blue!

>no noticeable feats or comparative opponents to show whether red or blue is stronger
>just assume blue is better because new form and no red shown ever again
>not sure, in the anime, if Blue is just some bandaid god form and Red is when they're really divine dudes or not

>manga clears it up slightly, but only slightly
>>
>>154678208

IF Goku and Vegeta can figure out how to maintain perfect Ki control, in any SS form beyond SSJ1, then yes. That is my hypothesis.
>>
>>154678178
SSG is weaker than SSB, in the manga is hard to tap into SSB that's why Goku uses the SSG instead.
>>
>>154678164
It's not vague, contrived as fuck maybe but using it in quick sucession results in a 90% drop in power.

It's dumb because by this logic using the form for 10 minutes without breaks has less drain than powering down and up in the same second.
>>
>>154677892
nofunallowed.jpg

I'd say that the previous Anon >>154677813 should've used "discuss" over speculate, but I understand your sentiments; discussion based on the facts on the lore is a good thing. A string discussion linking a fact to a theory that links to another theory, etc, isn't.

Reminder:
DB manga is canon until EoZ. The anime is not.
DBS's basic plot outline is created by Toriyama. Toei executives revise the draft of the anime based on such. It goes back to Toriyama, and he can tell them what works and what doesn't. Toriyama has the final say in all decisions.
Therefore, the DBS anime is considered "the most" canon, or the "hard" canon because it is the closest creation to the creator's mindset.
The DBS manga is a retelling of the same basic events by Toyotaro, and in the event of contingencies and contrasts, the anime canon overrides the manga canon.
All things that're not brought up in the anime but're present in the manga could be considered "soft" canon until Toriyama is asked outright about it.
Dragon Ball Online's history is considered "hard" canon since Toriyama had direct involvement in the story's development, therefore, confirms that Dragon Ball GT is not canon.
Super Saiyan 4 is respected by Toriyama.
>>
>>154678243
>keep all your ki jizz inside you
surprisingly accurate.
>>
Too many illiterate here
>Anime version
Ssg is absorbed into base
No need to turn into it
>Manga version
Ssg is a transformation
>>
>>154678243

My headcanon is that when they said that Goku's body absorbed the feeling of being a God and increased in strength, essentially what that meant was when Goku was SSG, he could feel what it was like to have perfect Ki control.

When Super Saiyan God wore off, he retained that feeling of God Ki, though he had not perfected it, however having known what it was like, he was able to improve his Ki control as a regular Super Saiyan, to the point that it still gave him a significant power boost.

Only after he finally mastered Ki control, was he able to go SS Blue.
>>
File: ToyoMessage.png (308KB, 714x289px) Image search: [Google]
ToyoMessage.png
308KB, 714x289px
>>154678274
>Therefore, the DBS anime is considered "the most" canon, or the "hard" canon because it is the closest creation to the creator's mindset.
wrong.
>>
what is OP from
>>
File: IMG_5038.png (85KB, 550x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5038.png
85KB, 550x400px
>>154678274
You are right about 4 a lot ^. Drawn as a sketch by toriyama himself.
>>
>>154678274
You want to discuss stuff but you think the anime is canon?
>Opinion discarded
>>
>>154678208
Why not SSB4KK? It's already past the point of no return in the deviant art cesspool.
>>
>>154678274
>Dragon Ball Online's history is considered "hard" canon
Videogames will never be considered hard canon until it actually shows up in the anime or manga's continuity. It is not part of the same publication therefore bares no weight.
>>
>>154678180
>>154678313

It does seem that God ki is almost its own technique, and producing and managing it is some other shit entirely.

I think we might see that Blue is a trap/stop gap measure to match up with actual divine beings, and Goku or Vegeta will figure out some actual divinity in base form.
>>
>>154678320
Nothing in your image or your post proves anything against my statement, but have your (You), buckaroo. Facts are facts.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canon_(fiction)

"In addition to his role as series creator, Akira Toriyama is also credited for the "original story & character design concepts" of the new anime directed by Kimitoshi Chioka".

"The anime is being adapted into a companion manga by Toriyama alongside artist Toyotarō, author behind the official Resurrection 'F' manga adaptation. It began serialization in the August 2015 issue of V Jump, which was released on June 20".

Anime is directly from Toriyama. Toyotaro adopts it. Anime is the #1 canon. Manga is the #2 canon. If the #2 contradicts the #1, then the #1 is canon and #2 is not.
>>
>>154678509
>Toyotaro adopts it.
Wrong Toyotaro adapts the plot outlines ya dingus.
>>
Reminder Goku gets beaten by superman and all his feats are non canon shit.
>>
>>154678509
Anime isn't directly from Toriyama. If it was it would have been a lot better, the guys not completely senile
>>
>>154678352
I don't think there was anything wrong with the idea of the super saiyan 4 form, perhaps if they called it Shin Super Saiyan, or True Super Saiyan it wouldn't have lead to so much SSJ5~9 nonsense
>>
File: toriyama.png (637KB, 520x667px) Image search: [Google]
toriyama.png
637KB, 520x667px
>>154678509
>>154678575
Anime:

http://www.kanzenshuu.com/2016/05/09/future-trunks-arc-announced-dragon-ball-super/

I write an outline of the entire plot, then the script writers break it up into episodes, expanding on things, changing things around, or adding in new bits as need be.
Even I haven’t checked the final script yet.

Let’s enjoy this together (laughs)!!
>>
just woke up from a nap, so uh, what did I miss?
>>
>>154678598
Zelda dropped to 97
>>
>>154678509
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interview/2016-10-26/dragon-ball-super-toyotarou/.107579

It sounds like you have a pretty close working relationship with Akira Toriyama. He gives you the outline and you make changes. What is the most interesting thing about working with him?

[Every month, I'll create a storyboard for him to review, and then he'll give me input and suggest changes. When I'm working with Toriyama, there are many portions he gives me props for coming up with, but he is very particular about other things and always points them out for me to correct. And when he corrects me, I think “Wow, I guess I don't completely understand the way he looks at things,” so his corrections and feedback are incredibly accurate and helpful. It's a lot of fun to be able to get closer to his way of thinking]

Finally let's not forget that the manga was ahead of the anime dummy.
>>
>>154678570
I never understood the Super cuckery

So you've got a guy who basically absorbs sunlight and gives him super powers, and the closer he is to the sun the stronger he is

Yet people brag about him surviving the Big Bang. Wouldn't he just be the strongest he's ever been in that circumstance? He's literally sitting in all of the stars all of the time
>>
>>154678598
Everyone got laid with their waifu's, you missed out.
>>
>>154678575
Given how poorly Zamasu and Black's character are being handled in the manga despite his supposed larger involvement I'd say he is a terrible writer.
>>
>>154678596
Ok, so that means Manga is canon too, perhaps more so as he is directly involved with it as with the anime he only sends a skeleton script and allows Toei's writers to interpret it as they will (laughs)!!
>>
Only DB and DBZ are canon. I watched the movie with Berus and thought: What a rubbish, Goku claims Berus isn't evil when he obviously is, also the story had the calibre of a bad fanfic. This is not DB anymore.
>>
>>154678656
>poorly
I hope you don't find them handled good in the anime. This is just my assumption though, you're free to prove me wrong
>>
>>154677317
none of that shit is canon, the only true timeline is "future" trunk's timeline where the z fighters are dead.
>>
>>154678422
Even if they're written by the main author, considered by him to be "a new chapter in Dragon Ball", where he is the direct supervisor of the project?

If you wanted to use the argument of a different media/medium being used to expand the story, then you could say information revealed on "Pottermore" isn't the canon of the Harry Potter universe because it's a website and not a book. You could say "Harry Potter and the Cursed Child" isn't canon because it's a play and not a book. (Sorry to use HP as an example, but it was the quickest, most relevant example that comes to mind).

I don't know, I've never really agreed with that argument completely because times and tastes change and it leaves no room for spiritual growth of a series. If you wanted to think of it as "soft" canon, then I'd be okay with that, but I think the facts at hand put it in the "hard" canon category.

"Hey all you Korean DragonBall fans, it’s been a long time. It’s me, Akira Toriyama.
This new DragonBall story that we're delivering to you this time begins in a world 250 years after the manga.
There, Earthlings, Saiyans, Namekians, Majins, and others all live together, but it seems that something is wrong.
What occurred in those 250 years, and what’s happening now? Please enjoy this new DragonBall world as you resolve this.
Everyone on the excellent staff really drew a lot of new characters and machines for me. Of course, I supervise them all. There are also a lot of designs in there that I drew myself.
When I actually got to see the pictures in motion, I was truly impressed by their high quality!
It’ll make me happy if you fully enjoy this new world of adventure, this time online"!

Akira Toriyama, 2011.
>>
File: TAcorrections.png (884KB, 948x676px) Image search: [Google]
TAcorrections.png
884KB, 948x676px
>>154678671
Yep, the manga gets actual oversight, redrawn panels and even his own speech bubbles whereas FujiTV and Toei's adaptation is a jumbled up cartoon show in comparison.
>>
File: xkzwrTfx.jpg (42KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
xkzwrTfx.jpg
42KB, 400x400px
>>154678692
>liking one-note villains
>>
>>154678555
I literally quoted a magazine that refers to an interview with the cast and AT that states otherwise. Here's your (You).
>>
>>154678709
Stop talking, the Future Trunks arc alone already contradicts any expanded universe lore created by the Time Patrolling Trunks in DBOnline.
>>
>>154678748
>DBonline
Seriously?
>>
>>154678735
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/translations/dragon-ball-super-manga-vol-2-toyotaro-sensei-super-anatomy/

>What’s your process working with Toriyama-sensei?!
I draw a rough draft based on Toriyama-sensei‘s ORIGINAL STORY, then I send it to my editor, who gets sensei to check it. It’s an honor to be able to give concrete form to sensei‘s ideas, but sometimes sensei will send over a part he drew himself, which sends me into an uproar, going back and forth between being all hyped up and feeling really down in the dumps.

#BTFO
>>
>>154678575
I said it was the closest thing to him. Please read my first post again. Everything is a community and committee nowadays, even a 30 year old cartoon.

Since that it was the closest thing to him, then it would be considered "hard" canon.
>>
>>154678748
>zamasu kills pink time kai
>kill all of trunks whacky hijinks time travel friends
>he returns to earth
>being attacked by zamasu
>shit happens as usual from there out
>>
>>154677939
>Or have I been mistaken in thinking that SSB is just using SSJ while in God form?

Yeah you are mistaken. Its the contrary actually
>>
>2017
>people still don't get that god ki in regular base form isn't in the manga
You can temporaly obtain the base god form (red one) via ritual or be properly trained (by Whis, for example) to go god at will... and then if you are a SS too you can go above (SSGSS), that's all.
>>
>>154678816
>be properly trained (by Whis, for example) to go god at will
Wait what when was this ever stated?
>>
File: IMG_2676.png (1MB, 1600x2175px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2676.png
1MB, 1600x2175px
WHEN?
>>
can /a/ rate my tribute for dragon ball gt?
http://vocaroo.com/i/s01CxOSfdHDN
>>
>>154678748
Why, because of his hair color? There is no set date to when Trunks became a "time patroller", so your argument is flawed with the data. There simply isn't enough supplemental information to prove your statement.

Nice headcanon, though. Have a (You) on me, fren.
>>
>>154677661
Where Toriyama currently is
>>
>>154678870
Shit form. SSJ2 Trunks powered up to be almost equal to SSJ3 Goku, but without any of the negative side effects from SSJ3, such as the ridiculously high rate of which it burn energy.
>>
File: 1488572194011.jpg (77KB, 887x1097px) Image search: [Google]
1488572194011.jpg
77KB, 887x1097px
>>154678880
>>
>>154678694
I don't even need to prove the anime is better, manga is just that terrible.

There is not even a character arc for zamasu or black in the manga so the comparison is asinine as there is nothing to work with.
>>
>>154678897
>believing a fan service korean videogame to be canon to the manga or anime
no anon, the headcanon autist is (You)
>>
File: IMG_2677.png (372KB, 676x1180px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2677.png
372KB, 676x1180px
>>154678942
WHEN?
>>
>>154678869
Never its pure speculation
>>
File: 148312739385.jpg (55KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
148312739385.jpg
55KB, 450x450px
>>154678880
>i don't speak fluent in japan
>>
>>154678880
Try again but with the Funi translated OP.
>>
>>154678778
>ORIGINAL STORY
>"Toriyama-sensei does corrections, making the planet larger and adding dialogue. Toyotarō-sensei then makes the final image based on these corrections".

And Toriyama corrects his inaccuracies, making the manga a "soft" canon that's a companion telling of the anime's events, which're the "hard" canon.

Thanks for the article I can use to reinforce my claims. Nice cherry picking of the statements, though. You should write for VOX. Here's a (You).
>>
>In the next exciting DBS chapter, Goku mistakenly takes Roshi's hostess bar discount card instead of the Mafuba seal. Also, Vegeta goes SSG.
https://twitter.com/Herms98/status/842612821179289600

HAHAHAHAHAH THIS IS EVEN WORSE THAN THE ANIME
>toyo goku is smarter!
TOYOKEKS BTFO
>>
File: Link.jpg (209KB, 842x1047px) Image search: [Google]
Link.jpg
209KB, 842x1047px
Is goku x zelda canon?
>>
File: Toriyamas_message.jpg (133KB, 960x901px) Image search: [Google]
Toriyamas_message.jpg
133KB, 960x901px
>>154679059
>anime's events, which're the "hard" canon.
kek, keep repeating yourself anon, it won't make anything you say true though.
Just because Toriyama corrects the manga, doesn't mean it's any less authentic.
The anime doesn't even get that privilege..
>>
>>154678995
Its story is written by Toriyama. Its production is supervised by Toriyama. It's considered a "new adventure" in the Dragon Ball universe.

If that doesn't make something canon, then Super must also be regarded as not canon.
>>
>>154678942
>doesn't train to negate drain considering Goku developed SSJ3 while dead, didn't suffer drain while dead & Gotenks used the form just fine
>>
>>154679128
>Its story is written by Toriyama
Source?
>>
File: kek.png (243KB, 622x594px) Image search: [Google]
kek.png
243KB, 622x594px
>>154679091
How will Toyofags ever recover?
>>
>>154679128
It's merely extended universe canon that is not "hard canon" you retard.
Videogame only lore will never be "hard canon" to the manga or anime unless it actually appears.
>>
>>154678942
Also it makes you look like a big goony retard with no eyebrows.
>>
I'm pretty sure people forget the manga started out as promotional material for the movie, it was never concieved with the intent of being the primary source of canon.

If it was intended to be its own thing toyble would have covered the ending of RoF but he didn't.
>>
>>154678869
Well if you wants to think anyone can randomly train until be a SSG... you can.
>>
>>154679170
At least he didnt forgot it
>>
>>154679209
Piccolo confirmed ssg when?
>>
File: HACHIROKU.jpg (9KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
HACHIROKU.jpg
9KB, 480x360px
RUNNIN IN THE NINTIES
>>
>>154679242
When you ask Toriyama
>>
I haven't been on this thread for a while. Popped in and the mangacucks and animefags are still having autistic canon arguments. Never change guys.

Also

>Implying GT isn't canon.
>>
>>154679147
Gotenks used the form for a few minutes, then it completely drained all his energy reserves, which is why he turned back to regular Gotenks. Goku couldn't even maintain his SSJ3 form against kid Buu for more than 5 minutes. Meanwhile SSJ2 can be maintained essentially as long as SSJ, which is forevers if you can maintain your ki balanced. And it can be boosted to be as strong as SSJ3. It's a shit form m8.
>>
File: Untitled.png (244KB, 631x789px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
244KB, 631x789px
How reliable is this guy?
The shit he tweets makes no sense
>>
>>154679336
I'll wait and see but this is a horrible inconsistency if true.
>>
>>154678942
Goku never perfected SSJ3
He could have done it.
>>
>>154679128
The consumer should decide if it's canon. He pays for it and he has the right to an opinion. DB Super doesn't have the quality of DB(Z). To me it doesn't happen in any time line in the DB universe. It's another story in another universe. Even authors can't wreck the universes they have created if the consumers ignore them.
>>
>>154679336
>Calls it be name
I thought he came from burgerland.
>>
Are you guys kidding me?

Are we really going to complain and assume shit when the translations let alone the fucking chapter isn't even out yet?

I already know you guys are stupid but this is just fucking pathetic.
>>
>>154679336
perhaps the negative stamina effect only comes in effect if you channel the blue form, perhaps going blue for an instant during an attack alone can't proc the downside of the stamina drain.
>>
>>154679091
Manga Goku is smarter but Goku in general at the end of the day is a naive dumb character. It's just the difference between dumb and completely retarded.
>>
>>154679378
Perhaps you should stop making so many headcanons paco
>>
>>154679377
there isn't that much complaining happening tbqh.
>>
>>154679122
I keep repeating it because you're ignoring its sentiments reaffirmed by my sources while claiming its false. Repeating something doesn't make it any more or any less true, but since you're not debunking the claim with any substance, nor is there a substitute for a better descriptor, I'm forced to do as such in this lovely discussion we're having.

You're implying authenticity to be 100% factual representation, which is not what we're discussing, nor what I'm debating. We're discussing the canon, meaning what is historically accurate within the different publications of 1 literary universe, and I'm debating the fact that the anime is 1) the closest thing to Toriyama's original story and because of that 2) it has precedence over the manga when conflicts arise. That doesn't mean one is better or more authentic than the other.

Both can be considered canon. When differences arise, and only when that occurs, the anime supersedes the manga factually. The differences should always be regarded as minimal or inconsequential to the overall plot, since all mediums are approved by Toriyama.

>Just because the creator of the intellectual property corrects an adaptation of his work, doesn't mean it's wrong.

A-okay frendo.
>>
I hate vegeta.
He must go already.
Annoying saiyan.
He must go back to space and be forgotten.
>>
File: quality.jpg (518KB, 1478x899px) Image search: [Google]
quality.jpg
518KB, 1478x899px
>>154679405
>meaning what is historically accurate within the different publications of 1 literary universe
>Toyo and Tori VS FujiTV and Toei
Gee, I wonder which side is more canon...
>>
File: Untitled.png (76KB, 599x410px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
76KB, 599x410px
Untrained goku ssg can handle black ssr.
Toyo is going full retard
>>
>>154679378
That's just headcanon.

Even if it ends up being like you say this shit is just poor writing because shit like that needs to be established before it becomes plot relevant- otherwise it is nothing more than forced and shitty asspull
>>
>>154679326
>it can be boosted to be as strong as SSJ3.

The worst dumbest faggot canon breaking bullshit ever concieved.

SSJ2 has always been just that shitty form that was only cool when Gohan did it and never again. But the cock sucking fujo pandering fuckwads decided that they wanted pretty forms and outright BUTCHERED ALL CANON to make this deeply fucking stupid thing work.

Nothing in db has any sense of scale anymore and none of the battles have any real weight or meaning.

It's all flash with no substance and no weight. A ghastly puppet show where they use the rotting corpse of DBZ as puppets to put on some horrifying ridiculous farcical play.
>>
>>154679170
This actually seems like it could be really funny if handled correctly?

I vaguely remember Goku struggling with kanji before.
>>
>>154679451
>Zamasu is now SSG tier despite being SS tier chapters ago

What is this shit?
>>
>>154679484
funny if your a zipperhead maybe.
>>
>>154679369
Considering how much Goku trains and the time between when he first got SSJ3 and now, there's no reason Goku shouldn't have that shit mastered that besides the writers just not caring anymore because SSJG exists.
>>
>>154679495
You're on an anime rape fetishist message board and you make nip jokes?

Come on, bro.
>>
>>154679469
well if it makes you feel any better, I'm just talking about the manga canon. In the anime SSJ3 is still leagues better than SSJ2, as SSJ3 Goku KO's SSJ2 trunks in a single punch in the anime. Not that it matters now, since those forms are obsolete compared to SSB and SSRage.
>>
>>154679453
>That's just headcanon.
What do you expect when we're literally discussing unexplained leaks?
>>
>>154678208
i dont see why not tbqh
>>
>>154679167
There're a few Kazenshu posts about old interviews Toriyama did about DBO. I posted a quote from him on the Korean launch site in this thread. In that post, he states that it's a continuation of the Dragon Ball manga's story, 250 years later.

"Next, they talk a bit about the story, and Akira Toriyama's involvement. Basically, they say that the story of Dragon Ball Online can't be the same as the original story, because it's set 250 years later, and they need to have new events for the present setting. They say that they're trying to implement the most original stories, and that everything is produced under the supervision of the original author, Akira Toriyama, and Shueisha, the copyright holders".

It's the case of Super again, really. Toriyama creates the original story in a "committee" like setting, and he has the final say.

http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17500&start=40
>>
>>154679453
>needs to be established before it becomes plot relevant- otherwise it is nothing more than forced and shitty asspull
>needs to be established before
says fucking who?
>>
>>154679431
Tell that to Toriyama
>>
>>154679451
>Untrained goku ssg can handle black ssr.
He's talking about Zamasu though?
>>
File: Capture.png (289KB, 754x414px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
289KB, 754x414px
>>
>>154679581
Ok but toryiama never wrote it he just supervised it anf approved the ideas.
>>
>>154679613
Just post the entire chapter anon fuck
>>
File: cute trunks.gif (579KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
cute trunks.gif
579KB, 500x281px
>>154679613
Young Vegeta is so kawaii.
>>
File: 2.png (279KB, 715x396px) Image search: [Google]
2.png
279KB, 715x396px
>>154679613
>>
>>154679626
>>154679634
Fucking retards
>>
>>154677317
SSG Vegeta looks like a bigger ningen than SSG Goku
>>
>>154679645
definitely kawaii af.
>>
>>154679649
???
>>
>>154679091
>h-hey! Manga-Goku made one mistake that anime-Goku made too! T-toyokeks BTFO!
God, you're pathetic
>>
>>154679372
>The consumer should decide if it's canon. He pays for it and he has the right to an opinion.

Retarded the post.
>>
>>154679645
>>154679613
The fuck happened to vegeta? He looks skinny as fuck
>>
File: 1489712207442.jpg (310KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1489712207442.jpg
310KB, 1920x1080px
So do you guys believe SSB Kaioken is going to happen in the manga or not? In my opinion it will happen despite what some people say, Toyo is just saving it for an enemy that actually warrants it like the Grand Priest.
>>
>>154679718
you revert to a youthful and skinny appearance in Red form.
>>
File: 1484455900191.jpg (23KB, 512x286px) Image search: [Google]
1484455900191.jpg
23KB, 512x286px
>>154678880
>that stuttering
>that anxiety
>a slash a
Fucking hell this is cringy and soul crushingly depressing.

I bet you are a canon autist the one that shits up the thread with your shitty bait.
>>
>>154679718
It's clearly stated you get skinner as a SSG, retard.
>>
>>154679734
Do you revert back when turning off SSG? Not sure if this was ever mentioned.
>>
>>154679767
you must considering Goku did.
>>
>>154679745
No that was a toei error. Toryiama described ssg has a form that only makes your hair / eyes red nothing about becoming skinnier
>>
>>154679171
Again, you're splitting the "medium hairs" argument again, which I've already shot down by example in this thread. I'm fine with someone considering it to be "soft" canon, for the reasons you've described.

I just believe in the modern world, where every piece of media we see, from news broadcasts to movies to pro wrestling, is(pardon the pun) drawn up by groups of people, to use that as an argument for something to be regarded as a not substantiated canon is ignorant. By that same logic, Super shouldn't be considered canon at all.

The outline of the story comes from the creator of the universe. The game's production is overseen by the creator of said universe. The creator corrects things that need to be corrected. It is a continuation of the most canonically correct medium of the universe's story. If that doesn't make something canon in the modern age of entertainment, then nothing does.
>>
File: 1489615370956.jpg (221KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1489615370956.jpg
221KB, 1080x1080px
>>154678880
>>
>>154679585
Anyone who isn't retarded?

You can't just establish a fatal weakness and completely ignore it a couple of chapters later.
>>
>>154679781
>describe
You don't need to describe when its flat out shown.
>>
>>154679730
I think it will, no doubt. It would be weird to have such an extreme power up be "filler". Unlike the anime though, Toyo realizes how overpowered that shit is. Just a straight up 10x the power of SSB, fucking crazy. Knowing Goku can do that ruins all the tension in the anime, who the fuck can match that?
>>
>>154679783
By your ningen logic DBH is canon.
>>
>>154679799
Toyo didnt drew goku skinnier when he became ssg
>>
>>154679810
>Just a straight up 10x the power of SSB
I assumed it was SSB + Base form(x10)
Not SSB x 10
>>
>>154679834
yes he did both times.
>>154677689
>>
>>154679616
Again, it's akin to the case of Super.

He wrote the "original story", the outline, whatever you want to call it, and any adaptations of it has to be okayed by him before it's used.

In modern media, unless it is 100% created by the author(which nothing is anymore), I can't see anything else being more canon than that(which is why I coined the term "hard" canon).
>>
full chapter link when come on be based anons and post the juicy link
>>
>>154679834
Yea he did and clearly it was just shown for Vegeta too.
>>
>>154679798
>and completely ignore it a couple of chapters later.
And who are you to jump to the conclusion that the weakness comes into play for a split second transformation?
>>
>>154679849
??? Doesnt look skinnier like vegeta
>>
>>154679707
That's a good argument that your brain could came up with. Tell me what's tze difference between a bad fanfic and DB Super. The quality is the same, so both are not canon. Somehow some people think the author deserves respect for every rubbish he or his "ghostwriters" make.
>>
>>154679447
Toriyama corrects all mediums of DBS. You need to stop using this argument because it has been proven wrong several times over. It's making you sound like an idiot.
>>
>>154679887
>canon depends on quality
Don't even reply to this guy anymore.
>>
>>154679904
>Toriyama corrects all mediums of DBS
He hasn't even checked the final script of the Trunks arc. (laughs)
>>
>>154679336
Wtf did toyo already forgot his own rules?
Not this shit again
>>
>>154679919
>Toei
(raughs)
>>
>>154678880
HOLY FUCKING SHIT
>>
>>154679943
I think using SSB for a fraction of a second is his answer to his own rule.
Seems plausible but there's no point jumping to conclusions as if he has somehow forgotten.
>>
>>154679855
>>154679783

Jesus Christ, you monkeys.

Canon is only important if you're discussing an actual quality of the show or whatever.

Does DBO somehow reveal how Blue works in the anime?
The show is its own thing, the manga will show what was actually intended and regardless we'll have to suck Akira off before he decides to utter a few sentences wrapping it all together somehow.

>>154679872
If you're arguing about the Blue stamina drain its just sort of there as an excuse for why Vegeta jobbed hard to Hit.
I don't think they've shown it not draining stamina after use yet.

In the anime they just pop in and out whatever whenever because it doesn't matter
>>
>>154679828
>DBH
Except he doesn't write that, therefore it's not.
>>
>>154679810
>Knowing Goku can do that ruins all the tension in the anime
I've always assumed this was the reason Goku never did Kaioken as a Super Saiyan. I'm talking from the writer's perspective, we know the in story reason why before some sperg jumps on me. Imagine SSJ3 Kaoiken x10 or x20? Kid Buu would be nothing.

Kaoiken is such a broken power up, you can tell Toriyama was just writing as it came to him. He tried to give the Kaoiken the body weakness but drawbacks like that are always meaningless when we're talking about the main character in a popular shonen manga. Those after effects will never be serious enough to matter.
>>
>>154679976
>I think using SSB for a fraction of a second is his answer to his own rule.
Literally contradicts it though you cant switch it on and off and yes if there is no valid explanation behind this this is indeed a major problem
>>
>>154680017
>Literally contradicts it though you cant switch it on and off
No rules have been established about using it for a fraction of a second.
>>
>>154679912
You're just a little upset because the essence of DB(Z) and DB Super isn't the same. Without the quality, DB loses its essence and becomes a bad fanfic / DB Super. Therefore you have to admit DB Super isn't canon but you don't want to admit it.
>>
>>154679489
>Zamasu
>SS tier
Not in the manga
>>
>>154679326
This is identical to many others. Various transformations started inefficient before training. Even the Kaio ken was.
>>
>>154680036
You're right the anime is not quality but it was never canon to begin with.
>>
>>154679980
>Canon is only important if you're discussing an actual quality of the show or whatever.

Actually it isn't.

Quality isn't tied to canonicity, FTrunks TV special was far better than the manga.

Bardocks' special wasn't an abortion ripoff of superman like DB minus was.
>>
>>154680031
There is a rule about it switching it on and off . It doesnt fucking matter how long the delay is the said action is still caused.
You can also say it was never mentioned that you can use it for a min/or any time at all. Doesnt mean it doesnt count
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDIUzbEcbJA
What made Black and Zamasu great villains is completely absent in the manga.
>>
>>154680094
You can believe whatever you want it means jack shit until the actual chapter comes out.
>>
I hope the scans will be out in the morning

Goodnight.
>>
File: note_by_krizeii-d84nfhn.png (357KB, 1024x1365px) Image search: [Google]
note_by_krizeii-d84nfhn.png
357KB, 1024x1365px
Why is Note so pure?
>>
>>154679872
Why are you trying to defend this shit?

There is no concievable way for this shit to work.

it is either a forced asspull or it blatant contradiction.

You can't get away with explaining this garbage at the last second because that's a textbook asspull.
>>
>>154680125
>female saiyans aren't ripped
90's Toriyama wouldn't let your spaghettiness slide.
>>
>>154680119
I am just going with from what we know so far. You brought up stuff that doesn't even exist to justify your point. Also you're the one replying to me in the first place. I am just concerned that there wont be too much bullshit in terms of writin because I am mangareader only
>>
>>154679980
>Canon is only important if you're discussing an actual quality of the show or whatever.

Agreed, but the "universe" and history of it is a quality aspect to the show to some people, including me. I love the lore in Dragonball.

I've stated several times that the differences between the two publications should be regarded as inconsequential, but you can see how different tellings of the same events could arise constituency problems. Alas, here we are!

>The show is its own thing, the manga will show what was actually intended

That's just your feelings. Citation needed. However, they indeed are their own things.

>regardless we'll have to suck Akira off before he decides to utter a few sentences wrapping it all together somehow.

Agreed.
>>
>>154680107
fuggins
>>
>>154680155
>it is either a forced asspull
Revealing a new technique combo is automatically labelled as a forced asspull now? You have no idea how SSB interacts with SSG.
Vegeta went from Yellow to Blue, going from Red to Blue has never been documented before.
>>
>>154680176
>>154680090
>>154680058
>>154680036
>>154679980
>>154679912
>>154679855
>>154679828

No such thing as "canon" when it comes to the Japanese. They have 0 concept of it and you are all fighting over literally nothing. Nips are consumers first. They care for enjoyment not if something is coherent. You are man children trying to take a kids comic seriously.
>>
>>154680090
by 'a quality of the show' I meant, an aspect of it, i.e. discussing the specific powers available to Goku.
Then canon kind of matters

Otherwise I agree, I don't care if the movies were mostly toei nonsense, I still liked the bits of lore they added, even if it was just to a loose anime canon.

>That's just your feelings

I didn't think it was my feelings, I figured it was common knowledge that the manga is written as the author mostly intends for the story to play out, but the studio has to adlib things.

Isn't the thread littered with that one fag always posting how Akira's apprentice is basically proxy canon, and that Toei has to make due with crib notes?
>>
>>154680247
>You are man children trying to take a kids comic seriously.
Don't blame people for trying to correct false statements.
>>
>>154680247
Wrong.
If the japs didnt care how come myiamoto published a new timeline straight after the new zelda got released?
>>
File: canon.png (3MB, 1118x1599px) Image search: [Google]
canon.png
3MB, 1118x1599px
>>154680247
>No such thing as "canon" when it comes to the Japanese. They have 0 concept of it
>>
>>154680247
wtf i like yellow people now!
>>
>>154678131
What is even the point of turning SSJ when blue is better?
>>
>>154680284
This got retconed senpai after botw
>>
>>154680247
>discussing a story
>taking a story seriously

how are these the same thing?
We aren't sitting here discussing how many squats a day before we cultivate enough ki to lift our gluten free bodies a quarter inch off the ground for 0.001 seconds
>>
>>154678153
How about that absorbing thing? Goku was able to nullify/absorb Beerus's blasts. Is that a thing in the manga with SSR?
>>
>>154680176
oops, I was replying to you in the second half of this >>154680270
>>
>>154678262
I see that being possible for SS2, but SS3 might be a bit harder. If SSG3 becomes a thing, I believe it will be a bit like SSB with Kaioken, in that it quickly drains you and can only be used for short periods of time.
>>
>>154680284
It's always been fun for me trying to imagine alternate takes for the setting. Imagine one where, instead of transformations being the big thing, it was fusion instead.
>>
So essentially, both the anime and the manga follow the drafts layed out by Toriyama, with the anime being looser with the drafy than the manga. Either way, they both end up with the same conclusion. So why the fuck are you people fighting about stupid shit like which is canon when they both come from the same source?
>>
>>154680302
>canon isn't a thing!
>that canon thing was changed to another different canon thing!
>>
>>154678578
Or if it was called Super Saiyan God

:^)
>>
>>154680328
no he neutralises it with his own Kamehameha instead of tanking it.
>>
>>154680361
I am not the one who said canon doesnt exist
>>
>>154680353
Apparently one is more real than the other. We need to figure out which one is the realest and argue about it incessantly online when the creator only extend the series for money in the first place.
>>
>>154680367
but then you're missing out on the cool Oozaru call back
>>
>>154679091
Pretty sure that still makes anime Goku more retarded.
>>
>>154680397
If you gauge how canon something is by how much the creator is involved in each project then clearly the manga is more "canon" than the anime.
Now please let's just enjoy this together! (laughs)
>>
>>154680374
Ah, thanks for clarifying for me. Kinda sad - I liked the healing factor and energy absorption ability.
>>
So, is Future Trunks not doing anything in this arc for the manga?
>>
>>154680414
How so?
>>
>>154680458
He will come in for the win after Vegetto fails.
>>
>tfw it feels good
>>
File: ddragon-ball-super-6170341.jpg (148KB, 800x1144px) Image search: [Google]
ddragon-ball-super-6170341.jpg
148KB, 800x1144px
>>154680328
Beerus throws his giant death ball

Goku goes "Saiyan God is telling me I'm just scratching the surface!"

then kamehameha's and cancels it out in a big poof

battle over. I think this took 4 or 5 episodes in the anime
>>
>>154680458
>Completely written out
>Or Time Patrol Trunks arc
>Or he comes in towards the end of the arc to kill both Zeno and Grand Priest in one attack saving the day and getting redemption
>>
File: ssg kamehameha.jpg (471KB, 1032x1500px) Image search: [Google]
ssg kamehameha.jpg
471KB, 1032x1500px
>>154680512
You should've linked this page.
>>
>>154680494
>Goku will forever have to live with having to do the ritual to become a God, while Vegeta achieved it of his own will
>>
>>154680542
(laughs)
>>
>>154680464
>how does ssj4 callback to Oozaru

I don't know. I guess Oozaru is totally uninvolved 100%
>>
>>154677317

So I'm only lately getting into DB, and I've seen the original series and like 50 episodes of Z. Do they ever retcon the whole "Shenron can't grant the same wish twice" thing?
>>
>>154677317
>>154677403
So is red > blue or what? I thought it was the other way around.
>>
>>154680615
>Z
Watch Kai and no it hasn't been retcon. An explanation is given.
>>
>>154680616
We don't know the fine details but as of now it's pretty much:
SSG = efficient access to God Ki but not as much power output
SSB = SSJ + God Ki, massive stamina drain but massive power output.
>>
>>154678720
All I see is Tori having to unfuck up everything Toyo feels compelled to do, like an editor.
>>
>>154680616
Blue is stronger than Red

the Manga gives us the caveat that if you drop out of Blue you take a massive power loss

We don't have any good details on Red as it behaves differently in Manga, Movie and Anime

Manga
>You're strong now
>You can hop back into this form whenever

Movie
>All your muscles are gone
>You're strong now
>it wears off but also you keep the power because you're goku

Anime
>You're strong now
>Also you have infinite ki
>your punches break reality
>you can regenerate also
>it wears off
>but you stay strongish because we have to fill episodes
>>
>>154679781
Well I guess this confirms Toei is the canon holder. TOYOFAGS BLOWN THE FUCK OUT
>>
>Toriyama outline: Goku didn't bring the Mefuba seal

>Toyotaro: OK I got it... shit, isn't the seal? Fuck..!
>Toei: Seal? I forgot lol XD ya got a funny look on yer face Zamasu XD
>>
>>154679613
>>154679645
Too fucking cool
>>
>>154678146
>A Super Saiyan God, that has become a Super Saiyan. Therefore, it is Super Saiyan with God Ki

>People will defend this
>>
>>154680748
Mondo Cool
>>
>>154680159
But anon, this is Dragon Ball where deception apperances are everywhere. Frieza's final form is smaller and less monstrosity than his previous two. Cell shrank when he became perfect. Majin Buu, a death spewing monster, is a fat pink blob.. Naturally it's the cute little girl who will kick down the door demanding Snu Snu as the big, muscular man screams for his mother.
>>
File: yuya yamero.png (635KB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
yuya yamero.png
635KB, 1136x640px
WHERE'S THE FULL CHAPTER?
>>
File: SillySaiyans.png (230KB, 478x348px) Image search: [Google]
SillySaiyans.png
230KB, 478x348px
>>154678243
>lol jk saiyans could always breathe in space
I kek'd
>>
File: Androide_Berserker.png (401KB, 1024x1240px) Image search: [Google]
Androide_Berserker.png
401KB, 1024x1240px
Oh boy, is it Heroes time?
>>
>>154680881
>no nightmare timeline where the RR Army won early on in Dragon Ball and went on to android galactic domination
>>
>>154680857
but you aren't the yuyafag
>>
>>154680928
Nope, they'd have to deal with King Piccolo

Then Babidi's forces

Then a Fridge would come around and kick all their asses in the name of justice
>>
>>154680665
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/translations/dragon-ball-super-manga-vol-1-tori-toyo-interview-web-version/

Toriyama:
I’m glad to hear it! I’ll have to thank them if I ever get the chance. Speaking of reproducing my style, Toyotarō-san is amazing at it!
Toyotarō:
No no, not at all! Seriously… The more I draw, the more I realize the gap between us… (sweat).

Toriyama:
Don’t be so hard on yourself! You might actually be the closest to my style. There aren’t many people who can manage that! Well, maybe there are people who can imitate my pictures, but not many artists can pull off an entire chapter the way you can! Your storyboards are really tight!

Speaking of the manga, I want to ask you two about how you put the manga together. I hear Toriyama-sensei checks the storyboards for each chapter.
Toriyama:
That’s right.
Toyotarō:
Since Chapter 1 I’ve used Toriyama-sensei‘s plot as a basis, but have been allowed to expand on it.

Toriyama:
It’s better that way.

Back when Toriyama-sensei was drawing the manga, the animators would use his manga panels as reference, imitating the composition and things like that. And now it seems that the animators are likewise using Toyotarō-sensei‘s manga as reference.
Toriyama:
Oh, that’s good! That should keep them on track!
Toyotarō:
Really?… I still can’t believe I lucked into this job (sweat).
>>
>>154680665

http://www.kanzenshuu.com/translations/dragon-ball-super-manga-vol-1-tori-toyo-interview-book-version/

You’ve loved Dragon Ball since you were a child, so how does it feel to be drawing it yourself now?
Toyotarō:
But I’m not! Not at all… The more I draw, the clearer the gap between me and Toriyama-sensei becomes (sweat).
Toriyama:
That’s not true! You might be the closest person to match my art style, even counting the animators.

Toyo:
No way!

Toriyama:
You’re really good at composition! It looks so cool; these days there’s no way I could draw such energetic artwork! Whenever I supervise anime and whatnot, there’s always something that bugs me and that I’ll ask to have fixed. But when I look at your storyboards, I can just take it easy. I can give it the OK in no time flat; it really makes things convenient (laughs).

Toyo:
Oh no… This whole time I was afraid of adding to your frustrations. Since the original story you give me is text, I constantly have your manga by my side as I draw. I don’t want readers to say it doesn’t feel like Dragon Ball… But at the same time, I also want to stretch my imagination and come up with brand new action and different kind of expressions.

Toriyama:
Just go wild! I won’t mind a bit (laughs).

Toriyama-sensei, what advice do you have for Toyo-sensei?
Toriyama:
Frankly… I’m perfectly satisfied with things the way they’re going (laughs).
Toyo:
U-Um… Really? There’s nothing you think needs to be fixed or thrown out? Don’t hold back for my sake… (sweat).

Toriyama:
Hahahaha (loud laughter). Not really… (thinks about it a little bit). Nope, not a thing! Well OK… If I have to say something, then I guess your compositions would be even better if you utilized more diverse angles. Also, I think it would be great if you included more of your own original ideas. I’m really grateful to you. I never thought an artist like you would come along to draw the continuation of my story!
>>
>>154681000
>And now it seems that the animators are likewise using Toyotaro-sensei's manga as reference? But they haven't for a long time considering how far ahead they are. Do you think Toei's just pulling everything out of their ass? No, Tori writes it (to some extent) and Toei adapts it. Toyo then adapts the same thing but it merely comes off as a supplementary text to the original (that which came out first).
>>
>>154681065
Manga came a month before the anime and was ahead until Frost vs Goku in the U6 arc.
>>
>>154681000
>>154681054
NOT canon!
>>
File: 1410307701806.jpg (50KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
1410307701806.jpg
50KB, 480x640px
Maybe we just need an omake or some sort of up-to-date Dragon Ball chronicle/lore book just to understand the rules and outlines of the current story (written by Toriyama himself of course), as well as what's going on behind the scenes. Current canon is getting too shaky and nothing is really being explained well.
>>
>>154678178
because you're short
>>
>>154681176
cutie doge poster post more doggos
>>
>>154681000
>>154681054
he's honestly being humble to a fault
>>
File: comfy.jpg (388KB, 1803x1351px) Image search: [Google]
comfy.jpg
388KB, 1803x1351px
>>154681226
Not that guy, but you can have this doggo
>>
>>154681267
such a cute doggy very sleepy yes
>>
File: freez.jpg (27KB, 627x351px) Image search: [Google]
freez.jpg
27KB, 627x351px
>>154679091
Not as dumb as straight up FORGETTING to take the seal at all.

It's all fun and games for Toeishills until new manga content comes out and their delusions crash down around them.
>>
>>154681226
Link test
https://instagram.com/p/BRmKvrJgOlR/
>>
pls post more cute doggies
>>
File: Gangs of Tokyo.png (807KB, 602x593px) Image search: [Google]
Gangs of Tokyo.png
807KB, 602x593px
>>154681391
You come to the wrong neighborhood pal, this is /a/
>>
>>154680825
>That's right boys, mondo cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCfOSoVeCps
>>
>>154681342
that is so cute requesting a webm of this
>>
>>154681318
>first travel
>Vegeta: Are you ready, Kakarotto?
>Goku: Sure! *forgot the beans*

>last travel
>Vegeta: Are you ready, Kakarotto?
>Goku: Sure! *forgot there's a seal*

How Goku remembering that they need a seal but taking by mistake some Roshi's card is worse? Are you just mad, anon?
>>
>>154681414
this is a cute doge thread now
>>
>>154681458
Shit, mean to reply >>154679091
>>
>>154681458
Anime Goku does look extra retarded for having to go back and forth to the future like 5 times
>>
File: image.jpg (76KB, 500x334px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
76KB, 500x334px
puppy thread
>>
File: doag.jpg (9KB, 500x369px) Image search: [Google]
doag.jpg
9KB, 500x369px
>>154681505
>>
>>154680107
They're not great villains: just entertaining ones.
>>
File: 1469760965112.jpg (84KB, 778x691px) Image search: [Google]
1469760965112.jpg
84KB, 778x691px
no this cute turtle thred nao
>>
>>154681505
Don't bother, you can get banned for posting off topic shit.
>>
File: image.jpg (106KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
106KB, 500x750px
>>154681553
>>
File: vegetable.png (69KB, 274x291px) Image search: [Google]
vegetable.png
69KB, 274x291px
>>
>>154679875
Vegeta, who weighs less than Goku's 137 pounds (yeah seriously), would look even thinner.
>>
>>154681605
Seems like he's stating the asshole ran/got away.
>>
File: image.jpg (52KB, 479x479px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
52KB, 479x479px
come on anons puppy post with us the water is great
>>
File: 1411069292167.png (32KB, 271x243px) Image search: [Google]
1411069292167.png
32KB, 271x243px
>>154679091
>Manga Goku
>In a rush to learn the technique to get ready for the next (and final) trip since a day already passed in the future as well and Trunks could likely be already dead
>after he finishes, he remembers to get the seal, rushes back into Roshi's house, sees a paper on the counter and grabs it, thinking this is the seal without taking a moment to see what he's looking at because he's in such a hurry

>Anime Goku
>"The fuck's a seal?"

Of course, I made up that scenario but it's likely to happen anyway and at least it's something the reader could relate to. it doesn't make Goku look like a moron like "lmao forgot the senzu beans/seal"
Still it's a stupid and Toyo could have just repeated the "Zamasu teleports the beans and burns them" but turned it into "Black teleports to the pot and breaks Zamasu out [after Zamasu was sealed into it]"
>>
>>154681662
>Black teleports to the pot and breaks Zamasu out
Goku don't bringing the seal looks like Toriyama's outline, so...
>>
>>154681000
>I still can’t believe I lucked into this job
Hes living his dream
>>
File: 598-1 (1).png (2MB, 1031x2792px) Image search: [Google]
598-1 (1).png
2MB, 1031x2792px
>>
File: 598-2 (1).png (1MB, 1143x1942px) Image search: [Google]
598-2 (1).png
1MB, 1143x1942px
>>154681763
>>
File: mKdrAQi.jpg (817KB, 1257x3714px) Image search: [Google]
mKdrAQi.jpg
817KB, 1257x3714px
>>154681792
>>
File: 598-4.png (1MB, 1167x2220px) Image search: [Google]
598-4.png
1MB, 1167x2220px
>>154681835
>>
I really like how SSG and SSB are pretty much the same god form but one gives you more strength while the other one is more "stable" about the energy (as SS2 and SS3 except that use both god forms actually work). It's like they need stop being a morons and be more strategic if they want to handle god's power properly
>>
File: 598-5.png (2MB, 1278x2034px) Image search: [Google]
598-5.png
2MB, 1278x2034px
>>154681856
>>
File: 598-6.png (3MB, 1281x2802px) Image search: [Google]
598-6.png
3MB, 1281x2802px
>>154681887
>>
File: 598-7.png (2MB, 776x3052px) Image search: [Google]
598-7.png
2MB, 776x3052px
>>154681905
>>
>>154681763
"Gowasu sama!"
an incompetant god that doesn't have the power to control the universe, what do you know?" -Z
"He's alive!" -Mai
"Mai, with this bike take Gowasu and and run away as far as possible."
"I will halt them until father and co show up"
>>
>>154680010
>SSBKK Vegetto blows all 79 other fighters out of the ring just by powering up
>>
>>154681883
>they need stop being a morons
That's why SSB is just a stronger SS in the anime
>>
File: PDdorgU.jpg (625KB, 1247x4262px) Image search: [Google]
PDdorgU.jpg
625KB, 1247x4262px
>>154681927
>Black and Zamasu altercation
WUT?
>>
>>154681961
Did... Black just get forced to fuse with Zamasu?
>>
>>154681961
>Zamasu isn't a fucking fag, he actually have balls in the manga
Based Toyo
>>
>>154681792
”Osu! sorry to keep you waiting!" -G
"Um if you have a senzu please first give it to Gowasu sama!" -M
"You can solo him right?"-G
"Of course" -V
"tsk" -V
"Supreme Kai is here as well..." -Goku
”You're looking "prestigious", you found some new transformation?" - Black
"Perhaps?" -V
>>
File: ''forced''.png (462KB, 1247x404px) Image search: [Google]
''forced''.png
462KB, 1247x404px
>>154682002
>forced
I don't think so
>>
>>154681835
"Red hair..!?"
"Super Saiyan God?"
"What are you doing?" - Black
"I know now" -V
>>
File: 1486857453729.jpg (393KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1486857453729.jpg
393KB, 1280x720px
>>154681961
Based Zamasu bringing his other self back to his godly senses. Such are the curses of utilising a ningen body
remember KILL EVERY NINGEN
>>
File: kekarotto.gif (438KB, 239x200px) Image search: [Google]
kekarotto.gif
438KB, 239x200px
>>154682016
>"You're looking "prestigious", you found some new transformation?" - Black
>"Perhaps?" - Vegeta

Fucking Toyo I love him
>>
>>154682033
It looks more like Black is like, "Yeah... fuse, right. We'll do that." and he doesn't really want to do it.
>>
>>154681856
"phew, I'm glad we all made it in time" -Goku
"so this is a time machine"
"You hold onto this"
"That Vegeta is transforming into Blue for just the brief moment of his attacks" -Goku
"that's Black!" -Trunks
>>
>>154681887
"You're gonna fight me?" -Z
"Yep, I'm your opponent!" -Goku
"So you've finally figured it out, but just because you've solved it, what can you do about it?" -V
"Let's beat them as the two of us, that way we have the advantage" -Z
"You think you have the luxury to be caring about someone else?" -V
>>
>>154682065
There's not even the classic manganime's sweatdrop. Even if he didn't thought on fuse he's clearly convinced after talk with his other self
>>
>>154681961

Just me or did Toyo switch Black and Future Zamasu's personalities?
>>
>>154681905
"He... mistook the seal and grabbed the Cabaret club discount coupon..." -R
"That bastard, he must have escaped!" -V
>>
>>154681927
"well, for you this is plenty" -G

"Shit!... by the likes of you...." -Black
"Seems like you stole the wrong body! Let me wrap it up and finish you soon" -V

"Our plan is complete... Failure will never be forgiven" -Z
"He's... it looks like he's getting emotionally/mentally damaged" - Trunks
>>
>>154681938
At least it seems they're trying to make SSB more than just a blue super saiyan with a bit more power with the reaction the GoDs had to it.
>>
File: AKU.gif (835KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
AKU.gif
835KB, 500x375px
>>154680348
That "alternate take" is called Steven Universe.
>>
File: 1489738617897~2.jpg (291KB, 776x916px) Image search: [Google]
1489738617897~2.jpg
291KB, 776x916px
>Leaks are out
>Goku actually using the mafuba (it fails tho but it's better than Trunks learning it by watching a fucking video)
>Best form AKA SSG is back
>SSG Vegeta
>Merged Zamasu

FUUUUUUUUCK

Pic related favorite panel so far
>>
File: image.jpg (47KB, 386x466px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
47KB, 386x466px
>>
>>154682210
Clearly fake. Now stop posting.
>>
File: 1489430761300.png (48KB, 340x329px) Image search: [Google]
1489430761300.png
48KB, 340x329px
>>154682193
>Trying to compare Steven tumblrverse and Dragon Based.
>>
>>154681887
Does Black not like it when Zamasu intervenes in his battles? Makes sense, considering the influence in Saiyan cells.
>>
>>154681961
"Shittt... It wasn't... It wasn't supposed be like this..."
"Shittt......."

"Weren't we supposed to be able to control all of the universes if we had teamed up!?" -Z

"Will you two liked to be killed by myself or amongst each other, choose." -V

”The one and only true god of all universes (Omniverse)" -Merged Zamasu
>>
>>154682205
>I wish I was at home preparing tea
>time travel was a mistake
>ningen were a mistake
>my face hurt
>>
>>154682252
ZAMASU HAVE BALLS

B A L L S
A
L
L
S
>>
>>154682252
"Will you two liked to be killed by my hands or will you 2 kill yourselves amongst each other?" -V

Clarified it a bit.
>>
File: potara.png (211KB, 637x409px) Image search: [Google]
potara.png
211KB, 637x409px
>that focus on both Zamasus' potara
>>
So are Goku and Vegeta around the same power level?

Or is Vegeta stronger than Goku, but Goku does his whole "attacks in momentary bursts" nonsense still?
>>
>>154681883
I really love the concept
>>
File: 1488750641728.png (279KB, 505x422px) Image search: [Google]
1488750641728.png
279KB, 505x422px
Does anyone else like how this feels like an actual manga arc and not completely rushed? This has to be the longest arc Toyo has done, I expect two more chapters after this, with next one ending with Vegetto's entrance.
>>
>SSR Black jobs to SSG Vegeta
>when SS Black beat the shit out of SSB Vegeta

Toyotaro does it again
>>
File: handsome devil.png (151KB, 481x358px) Image search: [Google]
handsome devil.png
151KB, 481x358px
>>154681927
Young Red Goku so fucking handsome.
>>
>>154682356
Apparently Vegeta is A LOT stronger than Goku right now
>>
>>154681961
>Toyotaro making Black look like the bottom bitch AGAIN
>>
>>154682373
>Second form Cell jobs to SSJ Vegeta
>When 18 beat the shit out of SSJ Vegeta

Toriyama does it again
>>
English dub Super blu rays when?
>>
>>154682422
>Coldsteel the saiyan
>Not a bitch

Oh anon
>>
File: 1486550933489.gif (87KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1486550933489.gif
87KB, 480x270px
>>154681763
>Trunks without his scarf
He looks so much better like that.
>>
>>154682392
>apparently
No, Vegeta as been training in a way that make him a more efficient fighter, but maybe his max power is still far below to Goku's
>>
>>154682422
Black is just a younger Zamasu anyway.
>>
File: absorbing the kais gone sexual.jpg (81KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
absorbing the kais gone sexual.jpg
81KB, 1280x720px
>>
File: IMG_20170202_224858.jpg (18KB, 513x287px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170202_224858.jpg
18KB, 513x287px
>yfw SSG Vegeta beat the shit out of Black because the retard used SSRose twice in a row
>>
>>154682505
Seems logical. If Goku and Vegeta can't just go in and out of SSB, why would SSR be any different, given that it's practically the same kind of transformation?
>>
File: NIIIINGEEEEEEEEENN.jpg (86KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
NIIIINGEEEEEEEEENN.jpg
86KB, 1280x720px
>>154682505
>>
>>154682373
Black's version of SSGSS has been confirmed to be a bit different because Kaio's ki so difference between SS and his SSR may not be so big (maybe because he's already a god his room for improvement isn't that big?), and SSG was (since RoF) a form not much weaker than SSB.
Black is using a form stronger than SS (how much stronger is unknown) and Vegeta is using a form not much weaker than SSB... but he trained a fucking year in RoSaT.
>>
>>154682578
>Vegeta is using a form not much weaker than SSB...
Don't forget to mention his attacks are the strength of his new Blue.
>>
>>154682422
>animefags are so used to seme-uke anime relationship that they can't even conceive Black AND Zamasu having balls
>>
the super manga and the animu are both equally shit
>>
In the manga Transforming into a SSB twice in succession made Vegeta only able to use 10% of his power but he's doing it now with no drawback. Toyo fucked up. Toriyama should get more involved in Super
>>
>>154682466
>but maybe his max power is still far below Goku's

how?

Dudes literally had all the same training with Whis over this shit

All Goku has over Vegeta was a better fight against Hit who was primarily a gimmick fighter.

I guess the anime doesn't even intend to address BlueKKx10 nonsense
>>
>>154682422
Since when were you under the impression that he wasn't always the bottom bitch?
>>
>>154682466
What the fuck are you talking about. Vegeta always sucked at training which is why he needs to stay in the time chamner for a couple of years
>>
>>154682670
No pre established information about going from Red to Blue for a fraction of a second.
>>
>>154682670
Vegeta don't back to base form before go SSB again, he's just changing between god forms
>>
>>154682670
This is worse than SSBKK. Damn it Toyo how do fuck up so bad that you become worse than fucking Toei?
>>
>>154682733
How is this worse? He's not powering down to ningen ki at all so there's no durastic /volatile changes.
Flickering on Blue from a Red state is a new tactic that doesn't overlap with going from base to blue.
>>
File: IMG_0058.png (132KB, 305x259px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0058.png
132KB, 305x259px
These tears from Blackfags are delicious.
>>
>>154682677
>Dudes literally had all the same training with Whis over this shit
So? Didn't you remember RoF and Whis saying how Goku is always above Vegeta (even if that was after a year of his training)? I'm not saying current Vegeta isn't stronger at all but isn't established, we are just theorizing
>>
>>154682719
>>154682731
He's still switching Blue off and on which we know is a retarded things. Unlike you guys I'll accept that Toyo fucked up but so what Toriyama fucked up too so it's not a big deal
>>
>>154682766
Blackfag here.
Why tears? I'm enjoying the chapter
>>
>>154682783
No lore about flickering between God forms.
>>
>>154682763
That's just your headcanon. I'll go with what the manga already established
>>
>>154682783
>He's still switching Blue off and on
But still in a god form, so? Vegeta was weakened by use SSB, back to base and use SSB again, but he's not doing that now.
>>
>>154682813
What was established in the manga only applies to going from base to Blue repeatedly.
No such action took place here.
>>
Toriyama made a mistake letting Toyo include his own stuff. Great now both the Super anime and manga are a joke
>>
>>154682798
some blackfags believe he should be absolutely destroying everyone like in the anime

also I'm hoping that edgy fucking energy scythe bullshit doesn't happen.
>>
>>154682851
>also I'm hoping that edgy fucking energy scythe bullshit doesn't happen.
Only Black used it, M-Zamasu didn't use it and they've already merged now in the manga.
>>
>>154682834
>>154682833
Whis said Vegeta fucked up by using SSB twice. He didn't mention base forms at all. Your headcanon doesn't mattet at all
>>
File: C7Gb-95WkAAAGRw.jpg (89KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
C7Gb-95WkAAAGRw.jpg
89KB, 1200x675px
Cute Vegeta
>>
>>154682847
God form has been way more interesting than Base God Ki.
>>
>>154682874
Oh yeah, where the fuck am I with my head. I guess he could still technically use it since Merged Zamasu had the energy blade, too, but you're right.
>>
>complaining about consistency in Dragon Ball of all things
It was out the window the moment a couple of humans with some Red Ribbon tech shoved in their bodies proved to be more powerful than Freeza
>>
>>154682906
Agreed. I like the form. Was glad to see it return in manga, and now Vegeta having it. Has to be explained later, though.
>>
>>154682893
>He didn't mention base forms at all.
But that's what he did.
Flickering between God variants is a brand new concept that doesn't overlap with previously established fact that Vegeta went from base to blue twice.
>>
>>154682906
Except that in RoF it was said SSB made SSG useless. Maybe if Toyo did his own RoF this would make sense but he didn't which means the movie is what we go by
>>
>>154682774
I don't remember him saying "Goku is so much stronger than you all the time because he's a carefree bumbling fuck and you're a tense unlubed asshole worried about the dicking you're about to get"

It was more of a "You're good because, but you suck because, and Goku is good because but sucks because"
>>
>>154682906
Especially with the new way Toyotaro is handle it >>154681883
>>
>>154682963
>Except that in RoF it was said SSB made SSG useless
They never ever said it was useless, they only stated they have surpassed it, which is true.
The only conflict factor about the RoF movie with the manga is Base Goku keeping up with a somewhat powerful Freeza.
>>
Toyo should just ask Toriyama for help. Super will never go weekly at this rate
>>
>people sperging about SSJG still being a thing
>are okay that SSJ1, 2 and 3 are still used, though
nigga what?
>>
You need to be mad to get super saiyan

But Gohan and Goku here aren't mad at all. Toriyama fucked up again. BRAVO TORIYAMA
>>
>>154682990
>Super will never go weekly at this rate
They're not planning to, the Chief Editor of Dragon Ball Room is also the Editor of VJump, his job is to use DBS as the flagship franchise to continue to sell VJump monthly magazines and rake in the money.
>>
The anime did it better. It's nice that Goku and Vegeta are sticking with SSB and slowly perfecting it.
>>
>>154682990
V jump is monthly, what Toyo (Or Tori) does won't change that.
>>
File: continuities.png (695KB, 2340x1508px) Image search: [Google]
continuities.png
695KB, 2340x1508px
>>154682963
SSG is useless in continuities in which they can just learn how to use god ki in base form. They can't in the manga so of course SSG is useful.
Toyo doesn't need make RoF (again) because you already can see Goku didn't absorbed SSG power against Beerus and his base form isn't godly.
>>
>>154683030
t. pedro
>>
>>154683006
Are you retarded? The original Super Saitan forms are iconic. Of course they're still going to be used
>>
File: IMG_0274.jpg (19KB, 210x221px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0274.jpg
19KB, 210x221px
I don't give a fuck about the manga nigga.

Any other V-Jump leak? Information on characters? name for Fem!Broly? DLC Pack 3 info?
>>
>>154682989
RoF manga is based on the movies (old continuity), it doesn't follow DBS manga series.
>>
>>154683057
>muh iconic
great argument, spic.
>>
>>154683030
>The anime did it better.
No they didn't, they shot themselves horribly in the foot when they over used going to the future by going back and forth.
The nail in the coffin regarding the anime is when Trunks somehow magically went from being in a dire situation to being rescued and being tucked into a nice safe bed next episode without any attempt at explaining how he escaped to safety.
Not to mention them putting in ridiculous padding like dumb unexplained shadow clones and a literal asspull scythe.
>>
>>154682989
I think the real weird thing about Red is that they ignored the form entirely until Goku needed it against Hit, the Anime hasn't even touched it a second time.

Especially with the lesson from BoG that Goku retained most of the power, seems odd that its an optional form at all
>>
>>154683074
The problem is that Toyo decided to be lazy and skip it
>>
>>154683074
I didn't address the RoF manga in that post.
>>
>>154683089
>Especially with the lesson from BoG that Goku retained most of the power, seems odd that its an optional form at all
In the manga continuity he never absorbed it into his base so no need to apply movie/anime logic to it.
>>
>>154683057
So the original forms get a pass from the whole "it's not logical" whinge just because you're a nostalgiafag? Seriously?
>>
>>154683079
Super is reliant upon nostalgiafags. That's why the anime and manga have so many references to the original.
>>
>>154683143
I know, but if you're gonna bitch about something being stupid or inconsistent and then go "But these forms I'm gonna give an exception because nostalgia.", then I'm obviously not going to take you very seriously. Internal consistency or don't even bother.

Mind you, I'm not saying SSJ1-3 shouldn't be used anymore.
>>
File: ssg goku.jpg (167KB, 464x758px) Image search: [Google]
ssg goku.jpg
167KB, 464x758px
>>154682895
Seeing Goku and Vegeta young gets me fucking hyped.
>>
>>154683134
The original forms have nothing to do with god ki. There's no problem with using them. Besides Goku always holds back during fights so it makes perfect sense to use them
>>
>>154683174
So strange. SSJG looks so much more godlike than SSJB, which just looks like a blue-haired SSJ.
>>
>>154683166
Why isn't it logical to use the original forms?
>>
>>154683180
>The original forms have nothing to do with god ki
Actually it's quite the opposite, it's near impossible to gauge how much of a power boost the so called "Beyond God" base form power up is in relation to the saiyan forms.
Tori said SSJ2 and 3 won't be returning and yet here we are.
>>
>>154683180
So where exactly does this conflict with SSJG as a transformation in between SSJ3 and SSJB? (or well, in most cases, realistically between base form or SSJ1 and SSJB.)
>>
>>154683199
I'm not saying it's not logical. It's just not logical based on the complaints regarding the use of SSJG. I'm just fine with seeing SSJ1-3 be used, still.
>>
>Superfags complaining about people using the original and better SS forms over the Kaioken recolor
Disgusting
>>
>>154683234
>pedro's strawman
disgusting
>>
>>154677317
SSG looks way better than Cyan.
>>
>>154683234
>Kaioken recolor
Yeah, the SSJ with slightly different plucks of hair and some electricity is so much better.

:^)
>>
>>154683234
I don't think anyone here is complaining about the return of SSJ variants.
The confusion stems from the fact that Toriyama contradicts himself in interviews.
He states that Goku won't be transforming into those forms and instead will focus on his base form (RoF interview) yet here we are with the old forms in the Trunks arc.
The anime then makes it convoluted even further by needing to incorporate "Beyond God" God Ki absorbed into base form.
The question is how does one gauge how that supposed power up interacts with the SSJ variants? It's just poorly explained in the anime and we can't tell the difference between normal SSJ forms and a supposed BGB (Beyond God Base) SSJ if that's a thing.
>>
File: 1486243072115.png (104KB, 289x266px) Image search: [Google]
1486243072115.png
104KB, 289x266px
>>154683234
>saying this when the "original and better SS" is also a Kaioken recolor

Anon...
>>
>>154683208
Because SSG is just a temporary form that gives its user a tadte of god ki. They needed Whis to teach them blue. It retarded that a form that requires a ritual can be used like a normal transformation. I get what Toyo is trying to do but it makes no sense at all.
>>
File: c03.png (383KB, 1051x1920px) Image search: [Google]
c03.png
383KB, 1051x1920px
>>154683234
Implying SSB isn't LITERALLY a fucking recolour
>>
I honestly hate god forms, both of them.

It's just gonna look awkward that the form Beerus was after is beaten by a deviantart tier hitman, or a random furfag, and so on.
>>
File: SSG all by himself.gif (2MB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
SSG all by himself.gif
2MB, 320x180px
>>154683295
>It retarded that a form that requires a ritual can be used like a normal transformation
Are you conveninently forgetting even in the original movie Goku goes Red all by himself after absorbing God Ki?
>>
>>154683298
I didn't mention SSB. Learn to read anon
>>
File: 1486753880649.jpg (131KB, 480x510px) Image search: [Google]
1486753880649.jpg
131KB, 480x510px
>>154683234
>Take Kaioken x20
>Make it yellow
>"original and better"
>>
>>154683282
>The confusion stems from the fact that Toriyama contradicts himself in interviews.

So, nothing new
>>
>>154683308
That was just him using the remaining god ki he had.
>>
File: Screenshot (333).png (709KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (333).png
709KB, 1024x768px
Best Kai coming through
>>
>>154683337
>source: my stinky, bloody colon
>>
>>154683351
My source is Toriyama
>>
so confused. when he went red him and beerus fist blows destroyed planets now hes blue he seems basic ssj
>>
>>154683337
That's just your speculation. Even if he did use his reserves that doesn't mean that the God Ki spark has been ignited within him.
Besides, the manga has it's own continuity where he never lost the Red form.
>>
>>154683364
Yeah, I'm sure he speaks to you.
>>
>>154683305
I honestly hate SS forms, all of them.

It's just gonna look awkward that the form Freeza was afraid of is beaten by a deviantart tier bugman, or a random pink manchild, and so on.
>>
>>154683370
>that doesn't mean that the God Ki spark has not been ignited within him.
fix'd
>>
>>154683367
That's the issue with the fucking god forms. They only make sense for Beerus-level and above, god fighters.

But he's using it to take out random furries, because.
>>
File: 14687923521.jpg (153KB, 1020x783px) Image search: [Google]
14687923521.jpg
153KB, 1020x783px
>>
File: IMG_0287.jpg (70KB, 402x396px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0287.jpg
70KB, 402x396px
Are those all the raws for the day?
OK, then.
>pic related
>>
>>154683337
>source my ass of course xD
>>
>>154683317
What is the Super Saiyan transformation anyway?

Does it work in any logical sense?

Meta Cooler movie implies that its some sort of endless tap of energy flowing out of you
Otherwise its like a weaponized adrenaline rush that you can also get used to
>>
File: Goku deserves It.jpg (18KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
Goku deserves It.jpg
18KB, 320x180px
>>
>>154683367
>>154683399
My headcanon is that they only shook the universe because of Beerus being a GoD.
I like to think it takes the frequency of a Hakaishin's fists since it was an isolated event that never happened again.
>>
File: How DBS must end.jpg (47KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
How DBS must end.jpg
47KB, 480x360px
>>
>>154683429
Yeah, it probably has something to do with a God of Destruction fighting a being in God Form, like how Beerus and Champa fighting also fucks up the universe.

But honestly, I don't like god forms. It just felt like they got nerfed to 'generic powerup #103' after BoG.
>>
File: 14562987965234.jpg (29KB, 469x350px) Image search: [Google]
14562987965234.jpg
29KB, 469x350px
>>
>>154683446
>But honestly, I don't like god forms. It just felt like they got nerfed to 'generic powerup #103' after BoG.
I think this is my biggest beef with supposed "Beyond God" base form.
At least in the manga God Ki is still a big deal.
>>
File: scoob.jpg (4KB, 120x120px) Image search: [Google]
scoob.jpg
4KB, 120x120px
>>154681856
Why does toyo always draw their stances like they are hunched?
>>
>>154683095
RoF isn't supposed to be part of DBS, anon. Not even BoG was.
First arc created by Toriyama for the new series was Champa arc. Toyotaro needed BoG show that Goku didn't absorbed SSG power but then retell RoF isn't necessary
>>
>>154683484
This is honestly the issue with powercreep in general. But at least saiyan forms weren't on god levels, just very powerful.

Now it's like "Okay so he has a god form. Now he's gonna struggle against Jiren.". Black is probably the least jarring fight about that, since there's a lot of reason for him to be that powerful.
>>
File: hunched reet.png (272KB, 739x421px) Image search: [Google]
hunched reet.png
272KB, 739x421px
>>154683529
>Why does Toei always draw their stances like they are hunched?
fix'd
>>
>>154683575
I still don't get this stance.
>>
File: are ya winning son.png (320KB, 381x381px) Image search: [Google]
are ya winning son.png
320KB, 381x381px
>>154683599
>>
File: are ya winning son.png (321KB, 400x543px) Image search: [Google]
are ya winning son.png
321KB, 400x543px
>>154683631
>>
File: Vegeta's stance against Hit.png (1MB, 1026x1570px) Image search: [Google]
Vegeta's stance against Hit.png
1MB, 1026x1570px
>>154683631
>>154683575
>>154683599
>>
>>154683755
I will never forgive Toei for this retarded stance.
>>
>>154678942
Vegeta did the same thing just by seeing Beerus slap his waifu
>>
>>154681732
But it's different because it's in the manga! O-ourguy!
>>
>>154677317
>toyotaro
>not a hack
Just a reminder that the only thing that Toriyama cares about in the toyo's manga is the gag.
>>
>>154682719
They said in the U6 arc that turning it on and off drains your power severely. It doesn't matter how long, it's the act itself.
>>
>>154684116
No lore about powering up from Red to Blue for brief moments.
In the U6 arc Vegeta turned it on from base and back.
>>
>>154683575
I think they're going for the "limp and livid" stance you see in many shows, but Vegeta's so thick and short that he just looks like he's slouching all the time.
>>
>>154683755
>anime Vegeta
>open stance
>ready to take any unpredictable attack Hit's going to make

>manga Vegeta
>continue relying on old stance
>even when it isn't going to work

BTFO
>>
File: tumblrassblaster.jpg (67KB, 561x569px) Image search: [Google]
tumblrassblaster.jpg
67KB, 561x569px
>>
File: didyoujustassumemygender.jpg (116KB, 1432x857px) Image search: [Google]
didyoujustassumemygender.jpg
116KB, 1432x857px
>>
File: 1485633825444.png (228KB, 358x408px) Image search: [Google]
1485633825444.png
228KB, 358x408px
>>154684082
It's different because is objectively different, anon.
>>
>>154680302
What happened?
>>
File: image.jpg (76KB, 599x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
76KB, 599x600px
>>154678880
>>
C A N O N
A
N
O
N
>>
>>154677422
the jews control showbiz
>>
File: smugpupper.jpg (123KB, 850x750px) Image search: [Google]
smugpupper.jpg
123KB, 850x750px
Smugpup sketch from last night
>>
>>154677403
>Goku & Vegeta literally asked for help
>"Zeno-sama pls, erase him"
>>
>>154684351
Thanks Captain Obvious
>>
>>154684366
>going against Toriyama/toei/toyo's vision

notmysmugpup/10
>>
File: mai wink.png (471KB, 1000x562px) Image search: [Google]
mai wink.png
471KB, 1000x562px
>>154682371
Same anon. I like how Toyo is giving this arc the proper attention it needs.
>>
>>154684406
But plis none of them are even going to be revealing to me what his actual design is for at least a month if not more I cannot wait.

Ant that is if they have even designed him yet outside of a doggo head with a massive cloak.
>>
Would goku be able to infinitely multiply kaioken in SSG since it has healing capabilities?
>>
>>154684503
>healing capabilities
Non canon bullshit
>>
>>154683599
He's a monkey, I guess? I don't know
>>
>>154682371
Same here but I'm expecting only one more
>>
File: spongebobandpatrick2.jpg (16KB, 147x199px) Image search: [Google]
spongebobandpatrick2.jpg
16KB, 147x199px
NO MORE FURRY MEMES AFTER 2 WEEKS FINALLY
>>
>no scythe
it's shit
>>
>>154682371
I know, love everything so far. Toyo trying to catch up wasn't a good idea from the beginning.

>I expect two more chapters after this, with next one ending with Vegetto's entrance.

Do we really need 40 pages of Zamasu beating the shit out of Goku and Vegeta?
>>
I hope Merged Zamasu and Vegito have a close fight in the manga, everyone was droning on about how "Vegito was raping Zamasu" when in reality they were pretty evenly matched, just want it displayed better this time around.
>>
File: 1475186911191.jpg (197KB, 1080x1349px) Image search: [Google]
1475186911191.jpg
197KB, 1080x1349px
>>154684616
>Do we really need 40 pages of Zamasu beating the shit out of Goku and Vegeta?
Yes, we need more of his godly radiance.
>>
>>154684611
>scythe

I know Bleach is over and must be very hard for you Bleachfags, but there a lot of edgy shows you can watch instead of fucking DBS
>>
>>154684634
Fair enough

New thread when
>>
File: 1465388991829.jpg (58KB, 676x380px) Image search: [Google]
1465388991829.jpg
58KB, 676x380px
>>154684634
>>
File: lawson.png (217KB, 512x312px) Image search: [Google]
lawson.png
217KB, 512x312px
Reminder that Goku's name is "Gokou"
Beerus is "Beers"
Buu is "Boo"
Mr. Satan real name is "Mark"
17 and 18 names are "Lapis" and "Lazuli"
and nobody knows Turtle Hermit's name, same about his sister
>>
>>154684366
Smugpup Gaiden when?
>>
>>154684674
>>154684832
>>154684832
>>154684832
>>
People need to understand that Vegeta's red to blue transformations do make sense
If Vegeta went to base form and blue it would have been a clusterfuck, but he's going from God to Blue. God already uses god ki, Blue is just using super saiyan on top of it so the energy consumption this time must be the same as transforming into a super saiyan which is not much now.
>>
>>154684611
the scythe was edgy fucking garbage and the fact that it isn't in the manga makes me happy.
>>
>>154684611
The scythe was gay and retarded
>>
>>154678748
Do you not remember the ending to the Black arc in Super?

People don't seem to understand the whole point of Whis clarifying that Trunks/Mai will be sent into an alternate future where there is another version of their selves that never had to fight Black/Zamasu. It's so that it keep the story open enough that these games like Xenoverse and DBOnline can fit into the plotlines. Time Patroller Trunks would be that alternate version of Future Trunks that they mention at the end of the arc.
>>
>>154681883
Fucking saved!
>>
>>154684574
I know! Now that shitty smugpup can get thrown out of the ring finally!
Thread posts: 512
Thread images: 115

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.