[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did anyone else watch Tweeny Witches? I clicked on it thinking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: 魔法少女隊.jpg (42KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
魔法少女隊.jpg
42KB, 500x281px
Did anyone else watch Tweeny Witches?

I clicked on it thinking it was some sort of awful netflix LWA ripoff (the preview images on netflix are vomit-inducingly bad), but I was pleasantly surprised. The art direction and setting were pretty and interesting.

It turned out being considerably darker and weirder than I expected, but the adjustment from happy-go-lucky adventure to a more serious overarching plot worked surprisingly well. Mainly because it wasn't trying to fool you or shock you, it's just a contrast between the main character's personality and the world, and one that actually leads to character development without being character assassination.

It's really obvious when they run their already limited budget into the ground and the ending does suffer for it, but I think this is a real hidden gem... unless I'm just slowpoking and everyone knows about this already.
>>
Yes, it's one of my favorite shows. It's not very well known.
>>
>>154665066
>I clicked on it thinking it was some sort of awful netflix LWA ripoff
I hate you new posters so much, holy shit.
>>
Post some reaction faces
>>
>>154665066
Woops, forgot ta include an example of one of the interesting art that hooked me
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fs9KLuHdido

The ending song is catchy, and also showcases some of the budget issues, because the shoestring budget is a real downer and you must be warned
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7I0WPycfs4Y
>>
>>154665066
have it in backlog, should I watch it now?
>>
>>154665066
>Netflix
>>
>>154665133
Came here to post this.
>>
>>154665066
I was thouroughly impressed at how much character and world they could build in a show that pretty much has ten minutes long episodes. Brilliant economy of both time and means considering they budget or lack thereof.
Great show overall.
>>
4°c definitely have a more ambitious approach to visual art and presentation than your average animu studio.
Sometimes they try too much though.
>>
>>154665376
>animu
>>
File: le tweeny face.jpg (38KB, 1035x585px) Image search: [Google]
le tweeny face.jpg
38KB, 1035x585px
>>
Shit is old as fuck. It's an old recommendation. I see it hardly anymore except for >>154665641
>>
>>154665668
>>154665641
Where are these posters coming from?
>>
It's fucking terrible. What a bunch of completely insufferable leads
>>
>>154665066
It was really hard to find, I downloaded it and never ended up watching it.
>>
File: smile2.png (83KB, 189x237px) Image search: [Google]
smile2.png
83KB, 189x237px
love it
>>
>>154665200
That ed song sounds really familiar. Did they take part of it from a classical song or something?
>>
>>154669452

Blue Danube?
>>
>>154670016
Yeah I think that's it. Thank you, I wouldn't have been able to place the name.
>>
>watch first episode
>it's nothing but pictures of backgrounds and talking
>>
>>154665066
This is old but I really liked it. I watched by the time I watched Noein.
>>
>>154665066
>I clicked on it thinking it was some sort of awful netflix LWA ripoff
Kinda hard to do unless you're a newfag since it literally predates LWA by several years.
>>
>>154665066
Mahou Shoujotai is what LWA dreams of becoming, but never will.
>>
>>154673045
I had hopes it would once. At least there's always the OVA.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.