[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Started watching Log Horizon, but can't really get into

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: Log-Horizon-Anime-Wallpaper.jpg (237KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Log-Horizon-Anime-Wallpaper.jpg
237KB, 1920x1080px
Started watching Log Horizon, but can't really get into season 2. Are the LNs any better and did the anime fuck up, or are the LNs as terribly paced?
>>
>>154649964
You sound new to anime.
>>
The season 2 does a poor job at representing the arc imho. I liked the arc in the novel, it was not great tho
>>
>>154650095
Just new to log horizon
>>
>>154649964
DEEN
>>
What was the first arc in season 2? Wasn't that there Shirou finds the source of gold and maneuvers around the People of the Land in charge to help fund his various schemes? That was rather good stuff. The only lulls in season 2 were the episodes that focused on Akatsuki trying to obtain that special skill thing. Those were droll. Everything else was rather solid I'd say, though the Kanami episode most certainly would have been better had it been expanded, no question.
>>
>>154652322
>droll
derp meant dull
>>
>>154650095
>Somone who hasn't seen a particular show that you have seen is instantly new to anime.

Plz die you are the cancer of the community.
>>
>>154649964
It's literally all DEEN's fault.
>>
>>154652381
Some people need a reason to be smug all the time.
>>
>>154649964
You are just a faggot OP. Don't worry about it.
>>
If you want to read 100 pages of dwarf ninja wallowing in self pity, the novels are for you
>>
>>154649964
DEEN happened.
>>
>>154649964
Season 2 changed the pacing from the novels a lot.

Initially it mixes two different novels together (one focused on the raid, another on the city), but afterwards focus on concluding each story individually - although for the Akatsuki/city one it removes some minor world building and gives more focus to Akatsuki's character drama. Nothing important is really added or removed, but that change has a big effect on the story's pacing and focus.

Afterwards they also heavily compress an entire novel into a single episode since they didn't want to spend time away from the main character focusing on a new group.

They also add a random episode based on a manga character, rather than the lns.
>>
>tfw no S3 ever

Feels bad.

I liked S2 though, the Silver Sword raid was fun
>>
>>154652322
Those were all mixed together, there was little focus at all on the raid and in general on combat in favor of yet another festival and Akatsuki being depressed
>>
>>154655265
Both parts had combat didn't it? The raid had the various bosses and the festival had that some super strong guard (I think, been awhile) that they needed to subdue.
>>
>>154655394
Watched up to episode 6, they showed some combat at the start of the raid, then just kept cutting back to them camping out in the dungeon and communicating over telepathy. There also was only a single short combat scene with the samurai royal guard, in every other case they just cut away from it. There are no elaborate plans by Shiroue or anythign itneresting
>>
>>154655475
Weird. I can definitely recall Shiroe having to make plans for each raid boss that were very alike to MMO tactics, but I'm not sure when the shit goes down.

I will say that the first half of Log Horizon S1 is way better than the second half of Log Horizon S1, whereas the first half of Log Horizon S2 is worse than the second half of Log Horizon S2.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.