[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are they an accurate representation of what it's like

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

File: elle_et_lui_204703.jpg (187KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
elle_et_lui_204703.jpg
187KB, 1024x768px
Are they an accurate representation of what it's like to be in love?
>>
>>154641937
I wouldn't know.
>>
If so, It makes me depressed.
>>
Romantic love is a meme. Relationships founded on feelings are as fickle as feelings. This construct being pushed through media is what killed marriage.
>>
>>154641937
For some people/relationships, yes.

>>154642117
Why? They have reasonable, believable difficulties and struggles, manage to overcome them, and wind up with a happy family and lots of friends as a result.

What is depressing about that?

>>154642231
>romantic love is a meme
While you're sort of right in arguing that romanticism raised expectations from non-platonic relationships to unrealistic heights, you are absolutely wrong in believing that romantic love can't function.
>relationships founded on feelings are as fickle as feelings
You don't even know with this means. You're parroting other people's ideas with no concept of what they were actually trying to say.
>>
File: 010120.jpg (55KB, 704x528px) Image search: [Google]
010120.jpg
55KB, 704x528px
>>154642312
>They have reasonable, believable difficulties and struggles, manage to overcome them, and wind up with a happy family and lots of friends as a result.
I am so inadequate. This show just makes me depressed.
>>
>>154641937
Why would anyone on /a/ know the answer to this question?
>>
>dude lmao alpha kids have feelings, too!

Couldn't make past the first few episodes.
>>
>>154641937
anime: yes

manga: no
>>
File: 1489629979199m.jpg (74KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1489629979199m.jpg
74KB, 1024x768px
>>154643353
>arima
>alpha
>>
I remember this ending really rambly

How did it conclude anyway?
>>
What?? no of course not
Right from the start, the main characters aren't like anyone from the real world. In fact, no one acts like a real human being, they all act like anime characters

This is like asking if one piece is an accurate representation of being a pirate
>>
Shinji and Asuka were never in love
>>
>>154641937
no
>>
I honestly found Golden Time to have the most relatable romance, including the awkward first time and female bitchiness.
>>
>>154642231
nah marriage was killed by dumbass numales who let their property think it actually had rights
>>
>>154643353
whats the matter anon? couldn't get good grades?
>>
>>154644270
>doing schoolwork
Get a load of this nerd
>>
>>154643614
>>154643648

I'm shocked I've never seen this meme before.
>>
>>154643648
>confused, mixed signals and not knowing what the fuck you want

Sounds like puberty to me.
>>
>>154644270
>bad grades, barely passing, in a shitty public underfunded high school
>poor social skills, no friends
>ugly as sin, zero romantic prospects
>am somehow supposed to relate to Karekano characters
>>
File: Young_sasuke_and_Naruto.png (568KB, 1354x763px) Image search: [Google]
Young_sasuke_and_Naruto.png
568KB, 1354x763px
Most accurate representation right here.
>>
I don't want realistic romance in my Chinese cartoons. There's nothing sweet about 3DPD. What I look for is that warm fuzzy feeling that exists nowhere but in 2D.
>>
>>154644367
They're nothing like Shinji and Asuka though. More like Kaji and Misato, to be honest.
>>
>>154644443
>What I look for is that warm fuzzy feeling that exists nowhere but in 2D.
Then all you have to do is avoid shoujo.
>>
>>154641937
romantic love is like family love or friends love where you want to fuck the other person
>>
>>154641937
Is that le teeth girl xD?
>>
>>154642231
Not everyone is a materialist.
>>
>>154641937
Shoujo love interests are always such gary stus.

Too bad the rest of the manga that wasn't adapted was total shit.
>>
>>154644839
But I read a lot of shoujo and I do find it there. You just have to be discriminating. A lot of the good stuff isn't translated either.

What really breaks my heart is shounen relationships/ship teases that go nowhere because male authors usually aren't interested in romance.
>>
>>154641937
I don't know, OP. All I want is to be in a relationship with a cute 2d girl and experience pure, genuine love. How do I make the pain go away? ;_;
>>
>>154644984
>Shoujo love interests are always such gary stus.

not always just of the top of my head
Midget from LoveCom was such a dense asshole
the nerd from 3D Kanojo
the other nerd from HaruKiyo
the Autist from Tonari no Kaibatsu-kun
the other |Autist from 360 Degree material
>>
>>154644861
Then what about the feelings I had in Kindergarten.
Having a crush is more than wanting to be friends.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.