[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people love GTO so much? I liked it but I don't get

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: average gto fan.jpg (175KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
average gto fan.jpg
175KB, 640x480px
Why do people love GTO so much? I liked it but I don't get how it's so universally well respected.

The anime is just a strictly worse version of Golden Boy.
>>
I remember the anime being a more joke-focused thing while the manga was more story-focused. I did find it funny but it wasn't amazing

The reason though is probably because anime is more popular than manga, "90s kids" rarely mention manga
>>
>>154633705

Read then goddamn manga you fucking faggot, or don't bother talking about it.

IIRC they even improvised a shitty ending that went exactly against what was intended on the manga for the anime.
>>
>>154633705
Increasing the IP count because this is so true.
>>154635985
>Read then goddamn manga
Point being that people praise THE ANIME, which is just alright, the manga is waaay better but still nothing worth to mention.
>>
>>154633705
I actually finished reading the manga a few months ago and while it had it's good parts here and there, overall it was alright. I don't really get the praise myself.
>>
I ended up droping it around chapter 70 since the only scans i could find where those really shitty ones(you know the ones)
>>
Any GTO anime fans care to justify why they like this show so damn much?
>>
>>154638593
I like the characters, and I like how there's a sort-of fun, played for laughs power struggle between pro-onizuka and anti-onizuka kids.
>>
>>154635985
The mange becomes fucking retarded in the last few volumes though.

I never bothered with the anime - I hated the character design and art direction for it. Also I read the manga first and it seemed pointless to watch the anime, especially since I disliked it visually and it didn't even have the school trip arc.
>>
Incredibly strong first episode, and the early episodes more than make up for the weaker episodes around the end.

You have to take into account when it came out too. It was one of those early series that was fully subbed, and was a product of a time period that Japan will probably never have again with the current direction/moe influences.
>>
>>154638593
I like it so much because it holds a special place in my heart.
Onizuka was my first anime crush.

It pains me to know that I am now older him.
>>
DUDE
I'M ONIZUKA
NOT ONLY I'M LITERALLY THE STRONGEST MAN ON EARTH, I ALSO CAN'T DO WRONG
LMAO
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.