[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just finished Claymore for the first time, and you all were right,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: b923f2b7317c92df1c6bf925199b1cf4.jpg (683KB, 1522x1200px) Image search: [Google]
b923f2b7317c92df1c6bf925199b1cf4.jpg
683KB, 1522x1200px
Just finished Claymore for the first time, and you all were right, the ending was awesome.
But why do so many great looking manga suffer from stupid writing? You'd think that with the amount of time and effort that these artists are putting into these stories they'd want to get an actual writer or editor to help them with the story and dialogue.
>>
>>154563242
>the ending was awesome.
I mean glad you liked it that much, but it wasnt great. I guess Theresa saved the whole thing, canon wise and the manga ending itself. To answer your question, most mangakas draw and write the story, that leads to mistakes one way or another, its one of the major factors for shit story. Another big factor is the editors, as you said. Keep in mind nip culture is very closed minded, so most of the times the editors just go OUR REPUTATION IS AT STAKE, STORY GOES AS I SAY IT GOES, which guarantees sales in Japan but like 70% of the times the story quality drops a lot. Getting a writer is kind of a luxury, because writer-artist relationship needs to be very profesional or bro-tier, its really hard to achieve. Either the artist dislikes what he's doing or the writer dislikes the innevitable in-universe limitations brought by the artists/assistants, like the inhability to portray a certain scene properly.
>>
File: Isley.jpg (54KB, 750x601px) Image search: [Google]
Isley.jpg
54KB, 750x601px
>>154563242
This manga needed more Isley
>>
>>154563242
Theres a fine line between brilliant and breaking suspension of disbelief.

To grasp the audience you need to be fresh with your ideas, but inevitably some of those ideas are too radical for the reader. SnK is a pretty good example of this. People who drop it complain about different twists and reveals.

And also because some people just suck, but want to do it their way.
>>
>>154563242
>But why do so many great looking manga suffer from stupid writing?
Because becoming a great artist and becoming a great writer both take significant amounts of time and effort, and very few people manage to do both.
On top of that, you've got Editors pushing the authors to drag the story out for length fucking things up, as in the case of Claymore. Yagi had intended it to be 90-100 chapters long since by his own admission he's always had trouble keeping a story coherent beyond that, but his Editors made him go longer because the series was popular.
>>
>>154563242
>and you all were right, the ending was awesome.

Where the fuck did you get that impression. I will admit it had a few good moments after the lion, like Clarines death, and motherfucking Teresa of the faint smile, but it was mostly downhill after Pieta.
>>
Spoil something for me lads
Does the male lead continue being a pussy?
Does he plow her?
>>
>>154563725
No, Yes. Raki gets swole.
>>
>>154563242
The problems with claymore to me is twofold, first the series is clearly rushed in its second half immensely, you can kind of tell the author just wanted it done about halfways through the series. The second thing is not only does the author seem like he wants it done, he pretty much makes a point as to the fact theres supposed to be so much more to the series and theres all this buildup to this but it leads to absolutely fucking nothing and a halfassed ending, i was absolutely pissed reading the end of the series.
>>
>>154563533
I guess I just liked that Clare didn't have infinite power-creep as her super power. At the end of the day, it took everyone working together to kill Priscilla and then for Theresa to show up for cleanup duty.
So many other manga would have just had Clare getting ONE MORE STEP stronger, and taking her out on her own. I can at least accept that Theresa is capable of actually pulling it off.
>>
>>154563721
Just meant the stuff at the very end with Theresa dunking on Priscilla. After all the bullshit she pulled, it just felt good to have someone slap her around for a while.
>>
>>154563777
When they first said that they were just on an experiment island, I figured that they'd eventually go to the mainland and kick some asses or something. Pretty let down on that one.
>>
>>154564007
I kind of enjoyed the fact that they didn't give a shit about the mainland and that they were only interested in getting the mainlanders to fuck off.

Would have liked to have seen more of the dragon vs human war though.
>>
>stupid writing
Most of you seem to be complaining about the broad arcs and pacing of the series, which definitely fell apart in the back half, but even the conversational dialogue was shittier than usual, I thought.
Any time that the Organization or the Claymores huddled up to talk about shit, I was prepared to lose a few braincells to retarded logic threads, or whole new information that we've never seen before even though they probably should have talked about it earlier. There's just so many cliche'd assumptions made when they talk about anything, it became evident that nobody cares about how anything actually works in the story.
>>
>>154564007
I figured the opposite. What could they possibly stand to gain from getting dragged into a War?
>>
>>154564229
>>154564443
I mean, I guess I'm glad that they chose that they weren't going to pursue anything, but it felt odd that neither of the main forces ever came to the island to start shit that they had to go and settle.
>>
>>154563620

Ah that makes a lot of sense. Didn't know it was editors that wanted to drag out the series. It definitely felt forced at time in the later chapter. But I think Yagi did a sufficient job holding it all together at the end. I felt mostly satisfied.
>>
>>154564377
I'm sure a lot of it is due to shit translations.
>>
>>154563242
I liked the ending. Everything gets wrapped up and it only makes sense they wouldn't give two shits about the mainland war.
>>
>>154564007
iim glad they didnt
we knew the end was near and i just wanted to finish it
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.