[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So after Sidonia and now this, Can we finally agree that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

So after Sidonia and now this, Can we finally agree that Nihei is washed up?
>>
the real Nihei died sometime mid biomega.
http://imgur.com/a/Y427s
>>
File: CgMAiy_UsAABAiE.jpg (110KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
CgMAiy_UsAABAiE.jpg
110KB, 600x800px
yeah, pls buy merch
>>
>>154534808
I blame his daughter for this.
>>
>>154533946
A bit early to say this after one chapter.
>>
>>154534989

Would his old self return if she dies?
>>
>>154535263
>gray and white
>moe
At least the pilot is pretty edgy. Plus, that shonen MC looking kid is ded.
>>
>>154534989
BLAME! his daughter.
>>
Biomega is still the best out of his works that I've read. Blame and sidonia don't deserve their fame
>>
>crazy nip produces amazing stuff
>gets cash money
>woman clings to him and draws away his life force
>nip no longer crazy
>no longer produces amazing stuff

a sad story, seen all too often

>>154536112
biomega was great until the spaceworm
>>
>>154536112
But Biomega was such a fuckin mess.
>>
>>154535807
His work was always moe
>>
Not washed up. Just... gone.
>>
I'll just agree that Cibo is best girl.
>>
>>154537339
I'll just agree to that too.
Movie soon
>>
>>154534808
I don't understand why he stopped using CG so fast
>>
>>154534808
what went so wrong
>>
I liked the first chapter. I don't understand what anyone would find so disagreeable with it.
>>
>>154538719
Doesn't look like anything went wrong to me. What don't you like?
>>
>>154538764
>>154538925
you like it, we understand you fucking retard
fuck off
>>
>>154538959
Is there a problem with liking Nihei?
>>
>>154533946
But Sidnoia was great, I bet you're just still butthurt that Tsumugi won.
>>
>>154539254
said no one ever
>>
>>154539338
I just did, stop being a retard.
>>
>>154539350
You are literally mentally damaged then.
>>
>>154539382
At least I can still enjoy every Nihei work.
>>
>>154539254
it's like the bastard child of Biomega and a high school rom-com. I don't Blame! Nihei for trying, I just didn't enjoy the focus that was chosen while leaving out so many other things
>>
Looks like he finished all the black ink.
>>
>>154533946
Nope, Sidonia was great and this seems quite fun so far.
>>
>>154539254
Of course, you wafufags like eating a shitty rom-com.Anything catering to wiafufag is shit
>>
> muh /m/
>>
>>154539165
Nope.
>>
File: Xz9rkoL.png (617KB, 1100x1579px)
Xz9rkoL.png
617KB, 1100x1579px
To my eyes, the negative change came from the increasing of fixation on "biology" and "naturalness" over time. In the original Blame and the true Blame, there are virtually no elements which are "alive". For whatever reason, Nihei seems to have wanted to draw biologically-focused stuff after Blame, and that begins in mid-Biomega/early-Abara. He also seemed to want to draw 'more-coherent' action sequences. Ultimately, I think these directions led him to bad habits and practices in his later stuff. In Nihei's earlier works, life is characterized by activity more than appearance. In his later works, life is characterized by appearance rather than activity. By this, I mean that things which are characterized as "alive" (including humans, active settlements, organisms) tend to be connoted by looser and wigglier lines and the colour *white* (or simply 'light shades') in later Nihei works; the colour black (or simply 'darker shades') tends to represent inactivity or irrelevance.

Examine this page as a randomly-selected source of what I mean about 'life'. I'll start with the obvious - the gauna is wiggly as fuck; it's alive. The ship on the upper right panel has two 'components': the damaged part, and the undamaged part. The damaged part of the ship has loose lines both on its self and stringing off of it: it is the active part of the panel, and it is thereby "alive". The undamaged part does not have loose or wiggly lines, as it is inactive on this page. [name]'s face and the information on her helmet are both white - they are active, alive. The helmet itself and her hair are black - they are not active, they are not "alive". The screentone on the central panel is dark - it is space, which is innately not active or alive. But, as the screentone approaches the active figure in the foreground, it get progressively lighter.

Adhering to practices like these in order to achieve better results in depictions of biology and action is what changed Nihei's art.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.