[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Watched Ghost in the Shell. Worth even bothering with the sequels

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (483KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
483KB, 1920x1200px
Watched Ghost in the Shell.
Worth even bothering with the sequels because this left me unimpressed.
>>
Innocence is better than 1995. SAC is pretty generic, just listen to the OST.
>>
watch it again
>>
File: 1482429780486.jpg (56KB, 676x923px) Image search: [Google]
1482429780486.jpg
56KB, 676x923px
>>154447580
Watch the movie.
>>
How is it unimpressive? I would honestly call it the absolute greatest Japanese animated film of all time.
>>
>>154448319
It's not moe enough
>>
>>154448319
Dipping its feet into different genres without committing results in a shallow experience.
>>
Why do robots need glasses and not just install new eyeballs
>>
>>154448319
It really isn't.

The animation and soundtrack are superb, but the characters have the depth of a puddle, the plot is that of a generic action film, and despite all pretensions it doesn't really say anything insightful about the nature of humanity aside from he concept of Ghosts.

The subplot about the garbage truck driver is honestly the most interesting thing about the film.
>>
>>154447580
SAC is solid cop drama with interesting investigations and free of pseudo-philosophy. I'd recommend it.
>>
I have never seen anything from this anime.

Where do i start and what can i skip?
I heard there is a remake or something and some movies?
>>
>>154447580
You're clearly too stupid for the licence, just go back to your usual tripe.
>>
>>154449568
Similar to Psycho-Pass?
>>
>>154447580
Watch SAC instead senpai you won't regret it. I'm not even into philosophical stuff and it's still in my top 5
>>
>>154449681
There is the original version, a 2.0 version which used CGI to redo scenes, and there is an anniversary version that is just the original in HD.
>>
>>154449715
>Psycho-Pass
>free of pseudo-philosophy
>>
>>154449568
did you forget the entire episode that's just 22 minutes of the Tachikomas discussing philosophy
>>154449715
I watched PP after SAC expecting it to be just as good and came out disappointed. Make of that what you will.
>>
>>154450474
>did you forget the entire episode that's just 22 minutes of the Tachikomas discussing philosophy
Yeah, I almost wrote "except that Tachikoma episode". Still, it felt almost like a parody on subject, bacauce major almost scraped them for being too philosophical.
>>
>>154449681
The movies are really heady and slow-paced but also look incredible and have some great action sequences. The first one is historically important to anime in the US in the same way Akira or Vampire Hunter D are, so I guess give it a watch for the history lesson if nothing else.
SAC moves at a more steady pace but the pacing of the overarching plot is kind of fucky since it likes to go off on single-episode tangents a lot. Most of them are good, mind you, but it can be frustrating when the momentum of the story comes screeching to a halt so the Major can go on vacation and fuck around with homeless children or whatever. It's more accessible than the films, but doesn't look quite as good (especially S1 which has lots of off-model bullshit).
Haven't watched Arise or the 2015 movie but the consensus seems to be that they're meh- to shit-tier.
Ignore the new live action movie, which is just a generic Hollywood action flick with GITS iconography slapped on.
>>
File: 1479034549226.jpg (1MB, 1800x633px) Image search: [Google]
1479034549226.jpg
1MB, 1800x633px
>>154449681
Avoid 2.0 and Arise.

Both the Oshii and SAC timeline are great. But you may want to start with SAC since it's more accessible, rushing into Innocence may get you confused and disinterested.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.