[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What happens when you read a manga or watch an anime that you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 1479504108271.jpg (629KB, 707x708px) Image search: [Google]
1479504108271.jpg
629KB, 707x708px
What happens when you read a manga or watch an anime that you just really don't like? Do you continue to the end or do you drop it like it's hot?

I've read so many manga that I didn't enjoy and soldiered through, now I just think I'd rather drop them as soon as I get bored, but for some reason I find it difficult.
>>
I used to always finish a manga or an anime once I started one, but nowadays I drop the shit I don't like.

I was so naive back then.
>>
Why would you continue reading if you don't like it?
it's not even "autistic", it's masochistic. I know, because I am autistic. An autistic person has trouble figuring out if they like something. But once they have recognized that they don't enjoy doing something, they stop doing it.
Why don't you?
What is your excuse?
MAL? Your "pride"? Are you actually proud of reading manga you don't like? You definitely can't use the "I've got nothing better to do" excuse. Because there are manga out there that you would enjoy. Reading those would be time well spent.
Seriously, explain yourself.
>>
>>154422847
its been a minute since I dropped an anime but I've been reading alot manga lately typically manga thats well received or things people usually have pretty good things to say about to avoid something like that. The thought of reading a 100+ manga of something I didn't enjoy sounds infuriating but a 12 episode anime I could continue watching it just to see how shit it got. For instance I watched danmachi and the moment bell literaly became kirito I stopped liking it but it being 4-5 episodes left and the fact that I only had to watch one episode a week I continued. Then it ended in a pretty expected way looking back I would of probably dropped it so I'll say the moment you stop enjoying something the n don't waste any more time tons of other shit to do.
>>
>>154423608
>bell literaly became kirito
What?
>>
>>154422847
I used to finish everything that I started when I had more time in college.

Now I just drop it immediately. It feels much better just focusing on the stuff that I really enjoy.
>>
>>154423665
I forget exactly how it worked but he could literaly one hit KO any monster and apparently he was Zeus's son
>>
>>154423722
>I forget exactly how it worked but he could literaly one hit KO any monster
No, he couldn't, and even if he could, that would not make him Kirito.
I'm not defending either of these characters. But you're equating two completely different kinds of shit character.
>>
Some animes have triggers that make enjoying them impossible. autoerotic asphyxiation scene in kabaneri for exaple
Why watch entertainment that I cant enjoy?
If watching anime gets you in the mood to do housework or read a book then drop it.
>>
>>154423239
I think it's because I just want to know how it ends, and to be able to know that I finished it. I don't like the idea of leaving the characters and the universe suspended forever. This goes for everything, not just manga and anime, but I've realised now that there's just so much shit that I've read and watched that I really just didn't take anything from.
>>
>>154423816
I was saying he was op like him not that they were exactly the same. It was some aspect about his ability that made him able to goliath at the end I like I said I don't remember exactly how it worked but I'm sure hestia talked about it before the final fight
>>
>>154424151
His ability allowed him to grind extremely fast. But he was never actually overpowered. The girl he loved was much stronger than he was.
>>
Anime is entertainment. If i don't like a series,it's not serving its purpose.
>>
I usually manage to derive enjoyment from most anime and only voluntarily drop one if it's absolutely terrible and watching it is a chore. I'm watching 30 series from this season, not including shorts, and the only one I dropped is Spirit Pact.
Also when I watch episodes weekly I have an incentive to watch the new episode when it comes out, even if I don't like the series that much. I often tell myself "hey, it was shit so far but I can at least watch one more episode, maybe it will be better", and when I reach the 5th or 6th episode I think "might as well watch it to the end". Wanting to know the end of a story is also a strong incentive to watch something to its end for me, even if its shit.
I probably would have dropped a couple of shows from this season had I tried to marathon them though.
>>
>>154422847

I've always dropped stuff I dislike. That being said, sometimes I feel compelled to finish something even if I don't like it much. I'd rate Sword Art Online a 3/10 or so, but for some goddamn reason that show got me to watch every single episode. It really just comes down to enjoyment, and sometimes I just like seeing how stupid a series can get

It kinda reminds me of Lost, I was really into that show up until season 4 or so. Then at some point I just kept up with it to see how that train was gonna derail
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.